HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouwmeester?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2013, 09:59 PM
  #251
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
Besides whether or not we "like" JBo.

How do you get teams to trade you a legit #1 Dman?

Answer: You don't. They have to be underperforming or you sign them for MAD MONEY as a UFA (Campbell / JBo initially).

So no matter how you slice it, we are are going to be unhappy with our "#1" D man unless we draft him ourselves.

JBo is a good player.

He is at worst our #2/3

The real question is what is the cost.

Calgary just got burned. If feaster doesnt screw us, he gets fired soon. Maybe fired anyway.

I am ok with using Flip as the "greedy?" UFA that has to go... But we are going to lose someone we like if we want Jbo. Likely 1 of Smith/Kindl/Nyquist/Tatar/Jarnkrok

I would prefer to "HOPE" Smith/Kindl and Quincey start playing as a nice "cohesive" unit. And then we can keep all those young guys.
Here's what it takes:

Quote:
6/27/2009 Florida Panthers traded Jay Bouwmeester to the Calgary Flames for Jordan Leopold and a 3rd round selection in 2009.
So basically the equivalent would be Kyle Quincey and a 3rd. Heck throw in Whitey if they want to bring him back.

Harnessed in Slums is offline  
Old
03-30-2013, 10:58 PM
  #252
Crymson
Fire Holland
 
Crymson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Here's what it takes:

So basically the equivalent would be Kyle Quincey and a 3rd. Heck throw in Whitey if they want to bring him back.
I don't follow your logic. And it's a moot point anyway, given Feaster's comments on how much he'll charge do not at all meet with your idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
If you want to improve on defense, how do you expect to do that without getting the best available defenseman?
"We should spend the assets because he's the only guy who is really available" is not an argument I find to be particularly compelling.

Quote:
Personally, I think Bouwmeester is worth the risk.
I disagree. That's probably how we'll end it.

Crymson is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 03:45 AM
  #253
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
And who replaces Ericsson?

At some point, you're chasing your tail with this game.
So Kronwall replaces Lidstrom. Ericsson replaces Stuart.
Even if you buy that...
Nobody replaced Kronwall and Ericsson
Kindl replaces Kronwall. Quincey replaces Ericsson.
Our whole defence is work in progress. Everybody has a new and bigger role. I think they've done better than expected, though maybe not good enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Here's what it takes:



So basically the equivalent would be Kyle Quincey and a 3rd. Heck throw in Whitey if they want to bring him back.
Good point about that trade.

14ari13 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 03:55 AM
  #254
obey86
Registered User
 
obey86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Here's what it takes:



So basically the equivalent would be Kyle Quincey and a 3rd. Heck throw in Whitey if they want to bring him back.
They just traded for his rights though in an attempt to sign him in the 5 days or whatever before free agency opened. If he was actually under contract he would have garnered much more in a trade.

obey86 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:09 PM
  #255
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Excellent game by Bouwmeester tonight. The Flames lost 6-4, and in over 20 minutes of time on ice, he was a -4 and somehow managed to figure into none of the Flames' goals. He directly figured into three of the goals against.
Impeccable timing!!!!


detredWINgs is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 02:12 PM
  #256
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Impeccable timing!!!!

hahahha ZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Zetterberg4Captain is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 08:55 PM
  #257
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,226
vCash: 500
The St. Louis Blues thread about Bouwmeester was on the front page of HF, so I took a look at it. Looks like Blues fans are surprised that all the Bouwmeester bashing wasn't accurate.

As of tonight, 11GP, 5 points, +6.

Good thing Holland knew when to offer up that 1st rounder for a defenseman, and when to hold back.

detredWINgs is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 09:40 PM
  #258
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Blues are getting their ***** kicked by Colorado tonight.

HTT3* is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 11:34 PM
  #259
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,585
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
The St. Louis Blues thread about Bouwmeester was on the front page of HF, so I took a look at it. Looks like Blues fans are surprised that all the Bouwmeester bashing wasn't accurate.

As of tonight, 11GP, 5 points, +6.

Good thing Holland knew when to offer up that 1st rounder for a defenseman, and when to hold back.
Oh he was going to play with Pieteranglo here, that is great lets do that....

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
04-21-2013, 11:41 PM
  #260
Goalie guy
Registered User
 
Goalie guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Taylor MI
Country: United States
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Oh he was going to play with Pieteranglo here, that is great lets do that....
No he was not! and this is the problem here in a nut shell, old man Kenny has no good players. people see that and do not want to come here. he low balls other gm's so they take a package of lesser talent just to piss him off! he wants players to come here and take the Detroit discount to play and it has caught up too him and bit him in the butt. he needs to retire like he said he would with Nick!

Goalie guy is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:07 AM
  #261
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie guy View Post
No he was not! and this is the problem here in a nut shell, old man Kenny has no good players. people see that and do not want to come here. he low balls other gm's so they take a package of lesser talent just to piss him off! he wants players to come here and take the Detroit discount to play and it has caught up too him and bit him in the butt. he needs to retire like he said he would with Nick!
I'd like to add, Men In Black are real and they will be coming to your house to probe you. Better wear your tinfoil hat so they can't find you.

HTT3* is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:15 AM
  #262
Goalie guy
Registered User
 
Goalie guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Taylor MI
Country: United States
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
I'd like to add, Men In Black are real and they will be coming to your house to probe you. Better wear your tinfoil hat so they can't find you.
Aww boo hoo Drank the Kenny koolaid I see! it will be okay when Bert and Sammy come back don't you know? they are like getting two top paring guys! and hey bud don't fret if they don't come back well we still think this team is good and a contender.

It may not be the popular thing to say sround here but sorry as much good as he has done. he has off set it all by running this team back to the 80's sorry.

Goalie guy is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:28 AM
  #263
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie guy View Post
he has off set it all by running this team back to the 80's sorry.
You think this team is like the 1980s? How old were you in the 1980s? They were called the "Dead Wings" for a reason. Since then, Mike Illitch bought the team and cleaned everything up by hiring a hockey mind that knew what the hell he was doing. Then they starting bringing in hockey geniuses to build a winning team; one of the best team in the 90s - 00s.

Its hard to have success that long without having down years. Welcome to the NHL.

HTT3* is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:38 AM
  #264
Goalie guy
Registered User
 
Goalie guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Taylor MI
Country: United States
Posts: 962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
You think this team is like the 1980s? How old were you in the 1980s? They were called the "Dead Wings" for a reason. Since then, Mike Illitch bought the team and cleaned everything up by hiring a hockey mind that knew what the hell he was doing. Then they starting bringing in hockey geniuses to build a winning team; one of the best team in the 90s - 00s.

Its hard to have success that long without having down years. Welcome to the NHL.
Grew up in the 80's, I know what went on then, he was one of the best no doubt! but is he still??? I have lost all faith in him to run this team! sorry for that , for three years now we have been given the same old tired line! it is just getting old, how many good players can you loose and replace with fair to bad players before your team is just well done?

Goalie guy is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:49 AM
  #265
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,892
vCash: 500
He's looked good when I've seen him.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.