Notices

Explosions at Marathon Part 14

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 11:56 PM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

vCash: 500
Anyone else still a little worried about any potential sleeper cells around the area? I have a hard time believing this entire operation was planned and funded by a 26 and 19 year old who was attending my Alma Mater. You don't just flip a switch one day and decide to commit these acts of terror, they had to have been getting the idea from someone or pressure from somewhere.

An up-and-comer boxer and an undergraduate student. Think about it.

I have a feeling this is going to extend far outside of Boston, and is much larger than we think.

Old
04-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Neely08

Quote:
The older brother, Tamerlan, walked straight toward the cops but ran out of ammunition. He'd been wounded. An officer tackled him and police were handcuffing him when Dzhokhar tried to escape in the Mercedes. He aimed the car at the officers, who dove out of the way, and he ran over his brother. The Mercedes dragged the older brother down the street as it sped away.
Nice try, Rambo.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
The last, and only person mistakenly persecuted under the patriot act was awarded 115 million dollars in damages. Tax free. They can violate my rights any time they want.

That kid in Revere, who's picture was published in the NY Post and alleged as the bomber? You know, by the media? He'll probably be worth more than the entire Bruins roster. And deservedly so.

The kid they have in custody now? Who's been deprived of his rights? He's not some innocent goat herder.
I'm not saying he is. Not at all.

Just saying the rule of law is what makes this country great. And that law can't be revoked or tossed aside just because we know someone is guilty. The law doesn't protect the guilty, it protects all of us. I know everyone wants to see this scum executed. I know it's an emotional thing. But we have to follow the law. That's all I'm saying, so please don't try to insinuate that I'm saying something I'm not, OK?

Old
04-22-2013, 12:09 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
While I don't agree with it, I think I get what Morris is getting at. The precedence it sets in the long run. In this situation, yeah we have great video evidence that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his piece of **** brother did it, but what if by the off chance he was innocent. Then you've got a ****storm because you just arrested an american citizen and did not provide them rights. Doesn't really apply to this situation, but it could to future situations ya know?

That being said, I agree with not mirandaing him because the evidence was so clear from monday, and from thursday night and because he clearly was willing to give up those rights when he did the things he did.
seems like he broke his oath of allegiance pretty quick.

if they didn't tell us they weren't going to read him his rights right away pretty much no one would know anyway. Doubt he was able to comprehend much on the first night. I appreciate the transparency to be honest. They came right out and said what they were doing because there was a potential for other bombs or potential co-conspirators. So easy to play monday morning quarterback when you don't have to search the apt. he lived in and your ass isn't on the line if you end up not getting immediate information.

don't worry though, he will have lawyers. He will be treated much more fairly than "back home".

Old
04-22-2013, 12:20 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
seems like he broke his oath of allegiance pretty quick.

if they didn't tell us they weren't going to read him his rights right away pretty much no one would know anyway. Doubt he was able to comprehend much on the first night. I appreciate the transparency to be honest. They came right out and said what they were doing because there was a potential for other bombs or potential co-conspirators. So easy to play monday morning quarterback when you don't have to search the apt. he lived in and your ass isn't on the line if you end up not getting immediate information.

don't worry though, he will have lawyers. He will be treated much more fairly than "back home".
I'm not a lawyer, but the "public safety" exemption certainly appears pretty cut and dried in this case..

Old
04-22-2013, 12:34 AM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
Anyone else still a little worried about any potential sleeper cells around the area? I have a hard time believing this entire operation was planned and funded by a 26 and 19 year old who was attending my Alma Mater. You don't just flip a switch one day and decide to commit these acts of terror, they had to have been getting the idea from someone or pressure from somewhere.

An up-and-comer boxer and an undergraduate student. Think about it.

I have a feeling this is going to extend far outside of Boston, and is much larger than we think.
I think they're going to find out he (older brother) had ties or loose affiliation to Islamic terror groups in Russia and Chechnya. Likely received training and guidance of some sort, and indoctrinated his equally as ******** little brother. Might be time to have a better working relationship w/ the Russians instead of lecturing them a/b Chechnya.

Are there other people out there like them waiting to happen? Sure. Our Government has been worried a/b this very thing for the last decade, and managed to prevent several attempts at this very kind of a attack, until now.

Don't take this the wrong way, but your generation, and this 911 truth crap. It's as if the post 9-11 generation can't get a grip on reality. Too frightening, too much responsibility, political system and media too confusing, not sure what it is. It's already started w/ this tragedy. How can anyone w/ enough intelligence and reasoning to pass college curriculum believe this nonsense? They implement crossword puzzles and connect the dots at colleges and universities these days? D-bag #2 was apparently a "9-11 truth" fruit bat. His mother, too.

Here's another tweet...
Quote:
Idk why it's hard for many of you to accept that 9/11 was an inside job, I mean I guess **** the facts y'all are some real #patriots #gethip
Makes you wonder how much that mentality played in.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:37 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Uhhh...I'm going to assume you stopped reading the post you quoted haha.
nope. i read it all. not really in disagreement, just adding my two cents to a good discussion.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:41 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I'm not a lawyer, but the "public safety" exemption certainly appears pretty cut and dried in this case..
i agree.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:46 AM
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom

I am so incredibly sick and tired of hearing all this "false flag" ********. Like, INCREDIBLY sick and tired of it.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:50 AM
MioneRask134
Queen in the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
I am so incredibly sick and tired of hearing all this "false flag" ********. Like, INCREDIBLY sick and tired of it.
It's only going to get worse in the upcoming weeks,months and probably years.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:06 AM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by hed View Post
He's an American citizen, he deserves the same rights as everybody else.
To me he lost the previlege to rights when he decided to kill and injure hundreds of American people with two bombs, then murder a police officer in cold blood.

How people are defending this guy makes me sick, if one of your friends or relatives where were killed or lost their legs due to the actions of this indivdual would you still care if police didn't read him the Miranda rights when he got off the boat?

Old
04-22-2013, 06:45 AM
hed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF View Post
To me he lost the previlege to rights when he decided to kill and injure hundreds of American people with two bombs, then murder a police officer in cold blood.

How people are defending this guy makes me sick, if one of your friends or relatives where were killed or lost their legs due to the actions of this indivdual would you still care if police didn't read him the Miranda rights when he got off the boat?
I'm not defending him, I'm defending our justice system. Murderers, rapists, child molesters, et all still have their rights when being accused of their crimes. Your rights get taken away only after due process proves your guilt. That shouldn't all change on the fly just because somebody decided to slap the word "terrorism" onto this guy's crimes. He's an American who allegedly murdered and injured other Americans, and he should be treated as such.

If they wanted to question him without Miranda using the "ticking time-bomb" clause of that public safety measure just to make sure there weren't any other bombs set to go off, then that makes perfect sense. If they want to question him without Miranda because they think they don't need his testimony to convict him anyway, then that makes sense too. Treating him as an enemy combatant and denying him of his rights just cause we all want to bang on our chests and go on about how "we" don't tolerate this ****, is just plain wrong.

I'm just as glad as anyone that this guy got caught, but seeing people with this opinion that you "lose your rights" based upon the crime of which you're being accused, is ridiculous. Yes there's strong evidence against him and yes he'll almost definitely be convicted, but news stations are not judges, nor is public opinion a jury. We have those things for a reason.

Eric Rudolph (the guy that did almost this exact thing at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996) got a lawyer for his trial and so should this guy, but because it's post-9/11 everyone is so ready and willing to throw the rules out the window because of the t-word. The ironic thing is that's exactly what terrorists want. They're using fear to get us to change our way of living, and not only are we accepting it with open arms, we're actually arguing for it ourselves. It's sad.

Last edited by hed: 04-22-2013 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Typo: The Olympics were in 1996, not 1995 :<
Old
04-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Kovi

Quote:
I'm not defending him, I'm defending our justice system. Murderers, rapists, child molesters, et all still have their rights when being accused of their crimes. Your rights get taken away only after due process proves your guilt. That shouldn't all change on the fly just because somebody decided to slap the word "terrorism" onto this guy's crimes. He's an American who allegedly murdered and injured other Americans, and he should be treated as such.

If they wanted to question him without Miranda using the "ticking time-bomb" clause of that public safety measure just to make sure there weren't any other bombs set to go off, then that makes perfect sense. If they want to question him without Miranda because they think they don't need his testimony to convict him anyway, then that makes sense too. Treating him as an enemy combatant and denying him of his rights just cause we all want to bang on our chests and go on about how "we" don't tolerate this ****, is just plain wrong.

I'm just as glad as anyone that this guy got caught, but seeing people with this opinion that you "lose your rights" based upon the crime of which you're being accused, is ridiculous. Yes there's strong evidence against him and yes he'll almost definitely be convicted, but news stations are not judges, nor is public opinion a jury. We have those things for a reason.

Eric Rudolph (the guy that did almost this exact thing at the Atlanta Olympics in 1995) got a lawyer for his trial and so should this guy, but because it's post-9/11 everyone is so ready and willing to throw the rules out the window because of the t-word. The ironic thing is that's exactly what terrorists want. They're using fear to get us to change our way of living, and not only are we accepting it with open arms, we're actually arguing for it ourselves. It's sad.
incredibly eloquently stated.

very intelligent

Old
04-22-2013, 07:13 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Guys, it's simple: what separates us from them is how we act during times of crisis, whether it's disaster, or war, or an attack on our soil. That includes how we handle our prisoners and how we approach administering justice. If we throw away our ideals in a time of crisis, they weren't really our ideals at all.

Revenge feels good, temporarily, but true victory means not compromising ourselves in the face of atrocity.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:25 AM
Carboneer

Quote:

Eric Rudolph (the guy that did almost this exact thing at the Atlanta Olympics in 1995) got a lawyer for his trial and so should this guy, but because it's post-9/11 everyone is so ready and willing to throw the rules out the window because of the t-word. The ironic thing is that's exactly what terrorists want. They're using fear to get us to change our way of living, and not only are we accepting it with open arms, we're actually arguing for it ourselves. It's sad.

solid argument.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:50 AM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:

The due process in proving his guilt is long gone, if this was an innocent man he would have found himself a good lawyer the moment the FBI released his picture. Instead of going through the justice system the normal way, him and his brother decide to go on a shooting rampage against police officers, Then hide in a boat for numerous hours.

I'm all for a fair trial but his actions before and after the bombings are hard to defend.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm trying to catch up at the office after some time off so haven't seen any updates.

Are those Westbobo freaks actually at Krystle's funeral, or was that just a lot of talk?

Old
04-22-2013, 08:16 AM
sooshii
SISU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I'm trying to catch up at the office after some time off so haven't seen any updates.

Are those Westbobo freaks actually at Krystle's funeral, or was that just a lot of talk?
unclear if they intend to follow through.
Teamsters gather outside Medford church to shield Krystle M. Campbell’s funeral mass from possible Westboro Baptist church protestors

Old
04-22-2013, 08:32 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

This scum deserves no rights. I hope they take their time extracting information from #2 and let him suffer. Eventually the death penalty will be sufficient, by the time it gets through the courts in a few years.

The governor did the right thing keeping civilians inside, this was no time to mess around having civvies everywhere slowing the search. Would have been much easier for #2 to escape.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:33 AM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

These two turds joined the wrong side of the war on terror and killed/maimed Americans.

Miranda my ass

Old
04-22-2013, 08:37 AM
thegodfather

Quote:

Eric Rudolph (the guy that did almost this exact thing at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996) got a lawyer for his trial and so should this guy, but because it's post-9/11 everyone is so ready and willing to throw the rules out the window because of the t-word. The ironic thing is that's exactly what terrorists want. They're using fear to get us to change our way of living, and not only are we accepting it with open arms, we're actually arguing for it ourselves. It's sad.

Good post to a point.

Murderer's, rapist's and child molesters don't send someone else to do what they are doing.

They don't plant bombs to blow up innocent lives to make a statement.

The word "Terrorist" is placed on someone who commits a crime like this on US soil and by doing so all rules need to be thrown out the window when you deal with them.

It wasn't the news stations and paper reporters that labelled this a terrorist act, it was also the President.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Hnidy Hnight

I want him squirming in a cold sweat, facing the victims families at his execution. He can't suffer enough for my satisfaction.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:46 AM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Well, one of the "mainstream" talking heads is planning to release "evidence" if Obama doesn't cop to it today. I won't mention his name, POS doesn't deserve it.

Totally different subject, someone mentioned in the Jack Edwards/Cooke/Shero thread about using terms like "a bomb from the point" or "sniper" as maybe being verboten right this minute....am I being too sensitive to say I didn't like when I was sitting in the Dunkin Donuts Center last Friday night and they played "TNT" by AC/DC during warmups? I mean....maybe just take it off the playlist for the rest of the season?

Never been this sensitive before, like telling my dad that ordering the steak "bomb" at D'Angelos was not a good idea last Tuesday.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:48 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
He's an American citizen, he deserves the same rights as everybody else.

At some point, dont you do something so bad that you lose those rights? I know the answer is no, but TBH I dont care about his rights...

Closed Thread