HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears/NFL Thread #17 - 2013 Offseason/Draft edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Recoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
That's a tough stretch, Saints, Giants, Redskins, Packers, Cubs, Ravens.
That is the toughest stretch in the schedule for sure. However, we are lucky to have both the Saints and the Giants at home. That's huge.

Redskins should be feared. The Packers are always tough, but they have been quietly declining the last few years, and I think that continues this year. Still, hard to win in Lambau, but I like our chances against them at home week 17.

As for the Lions, who knows.

Ravens? I think people will see how average their offense is (and Flacco) without Boldin. They had some cap casualties, so it will be interesting to see how they fare this year. I think they are beatable.

The biggest question, of course, isn't any of our opponents, it is how will OUR team do with new players at key positions and a new coaching staff and offensive system. There are a TON of question marks. Lots of reason for optimism, but it could just as easily be a rough year. We just don't know, and we won't until we are a few games in.

Old
04-19-2013, 04:26 PM
madgoat33

this whole losing boldin will ruin flacco thing is the height of nonsense. he never caught more than 65 balls, 7tds or even 950yds. he had a good post season, flacco had one of the best post season's in nfl history. he played like a solid #2 receiver in baltimore because that's what he is. in an effort to discredit flacco's play in the postseason, people have grasped at all sports of straws-he got lucky, boldin carried him, the defense did all the work, etc...its all just noise. hes not a super awesome elite qb, but he is, relatively speakibg, a better qb than boldin is a receiver. the ravens will obviously going to need to have/find a solid replacement just like any team who loses a starting receiver does.

Old
04-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
this whole losing boldin will ruin flacco thing is the height of nonsense. he never caught more than 65 balls, 7tds or even 950yds. he had a good post season, flacco had one of the best post season's in nfl history. he played like a solid #2 receiver in baltimore because that's what he is. in an effort to discredit flacco's play in the postseason, people have grasped at all sports of straws-he got lucky, boldin carried him, the defense did all the work, etc...its all just noise. hes not a super awesome elite qb, but he is, relatively speakibg, a better qb than boldin is a receiver. the ravens will obviously going to need to have/find a solid replacement just like any team who loses a starting receiver does.
I guess I should have elaborated, but I just felt like keeping my replies to one sentence.

Boldin by himself isn't the reason Flacco will struggle. Flacco will struggle because he just wasn't very good last year as it was. He caught a LOT of breaks late in the season and in the playoffs. Boldin saved him on more than one occasion, but so did some really poor decisions by opposing defenses. People will find out just how mediocore Flacco is next season. He won't be awful. He won't be bottom half of the league. But he sure as hell won't live up to the hype around him and he has ZERO CHANCE of living up to that contract.

The cards fell his way in 2012. That said, the Ravens have lost some key pieces, and the team has a whole will take a couple steps back. In Flacco's case, it's simply where he always has been, just that the hype and his playoff run have people thinking he's higher.

Old
04-19-2013, 07:16 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
I HIGHLY doubt you dropping the name of the player on a hockey board lands you in court.

I know it's not Chris Culliver.

I honestly hope for this. I think people should be able to be themselves and not pretend to be someone else. I hope it leads to most if not all current gay athletes to come out so that it will be a big story now, but in a few months time won't even make a press clipping.

Don't care who an athlete chooses to share a bed with as long as both are consenting adults. Just as I don't care about their political views, views on anything really. Just be a good person and a good athlete and your personal life is that.
But it is against site rules.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:37 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Get a feeling that we will draft Eifert if he is available for us.

on other news, TO wants to return and wants to play for us. He has a Trestman history and praised him to the highest level.

No TO, you are done and can't even catch a ball anymore

Old
04-20-2013, 07:19 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
But it is against site rules.
semantics

Old
04-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Illinihockey

So what is everyone's list where they'll freak out if the Bears pass up this player? For me it's. Cooper, Warmack, Richardson, Williams

Old
04-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Joekel
Fisher
Floyd
Milliner

and as German: Werner

Old
04-20-2013, 08:08 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Joekel
Fisher
Floyd
Milliner

and as German: Werner
So basically 4 people who have no chance of falling to Chicago, and Werner.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

yes. Other than that I will not lose my sleep over the draft pick and freak out. I can't wait till the draft when Emery ignores Warmack or Cooper

Werner won't be there too and if he would, we should take him. Perfect fit for our D and would make it easier to cut Peppers next year.

Old
04-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Recoil

Quote:
yes. Other than that I will not lose my sleep over the draft pick and freak out. I can't wait till the draft when Emery ignores Warmack or Cooper

Werner won't be there too and if he would, we should take him. Perfect fit for our D and would make it easier to cut Peppers next year.
I just did a mock and I had Werner not only falling to where the Bears are, but I had trouble finding a team for him to land at in the 1st round. I need to tweak it a bit, but aside from that, is my favorite mock I've done. I'll probably need to update it after the Jets trade Revis for the Bucs first rounder.

I also have this theory that if Warmack or Cooper falls to us, we don't take one of them. Kromer is a guy who took mid round picks and turned them into Pro Bowlers. It's possible that the same rationale I have for those two falling to the Bears (teams not wanting to spend high to mid first rounders on a Guard when there are good ones to be had in the 2nd) may be the same reason we pass on them too for another impact player. Depends who is there though, but I could see us passing on one of them.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Illinihockey

Sounds like Revis is going to the bucks for a 1st round pick. Probably means the Jets take a QB at 9 or 13

Old
04-21-2013, 02:58 PM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Sounds like Revis is going to the bucks for a 1st round pick. Probably means the Jets take a QB at 9 or 13
Probably means the Bills take one at 8 too.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Ideally one goes in the top 4 and there is a run on them at 8 and 9 or 13

Old
04-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Cullksinikers

Eifert to Green Bay sounds even better with Jermichael being in the news again for the wrong reasons.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:07 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
I've had the Bills mocked to draft Nassib at #8 for a few weeks now, and I still think it will happen. Is it a bit early to draft him there? Yes. Do teams tend to draft the QBs they want overly early? Also yes.

The Jets may take a QB in one of those spots too. However, they also need some defensive help (NT, OLB, and now CB), so it will be interesting to see what they prioritize. I tend to agree though, I think this opens them up for a QB as well. ESPECIALLY if Buffalo takes one. We may get our mini-way-too-early run on QBs this draft afterall.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Illinihockey

Maybe the Jets want a QB at 20? Take their 2nd and 3rd and a 2nd next year

Old
04-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Cullksinikers

I know you guys got Mr. Dinosaur, but would you take Finley for a dinner at Ditka's?

Old
04-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Eifert won't make it to the Packers pick... a team like the Giants may take him or the Bears or the team that trades up to get #20 from the Bears will look at him. The Falcons look like they want to move up and adding Eifert makes lots of sense for them.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Eifert won't make it to the Packers pick... a team like the Giants may take him or the Bears or the team that trades up to get #20 from the Bears will look at him. The Falcons look like they want to move up and adding Eifert makes lots of sense for them.
Ertz will though. Although a part of me is thinking the Pack take the first RB off the board in this draft.

Old
04-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I know you guys got Mr. Dinosaur, but would you take Finley for a dinner at Ditka's?
No thanks. And I think Bennett is going to work out just fine here.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:01 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

You wanna pay 3/4 of his salary?

Old
04-21-2013, 06:11 PM
RayP

So when did Barkley jump back into the first round, and possible top 10? I swear last thing I read about him was him sliding to the middle of the 2nd... or am I just misremembering?

Old
04-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
So when did Barkley jump back into the first round, and possible top 10? I swear last thing I read about him was him sliding to the middle of the 2nd... or am I just misremembering?
QBs have been all over the place (mock wise) in this draft. Part of it may be their agents trying to generate buzz. Part of it may be teams setting up smokescreens or perceived buzz so someone will want to trade up with them. Or, some of it could be legit. It seems that teams have no problems spending high to mid first round picks on QBs, regardless of the Draft Class. I have no doubt some of these guys will go in the Top 10 to 15.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:32 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

some have Nassib that high with Barkley low and otherwise. Some have both of them high or low.

QBs is a crapshot and it's about how the pro days and team visits worked out

Closed Thread