HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 07:58 AM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 783
So a darker, tinted visor is not only a possibility, but a must for him? Maybe he will adjust fast and be fine. Defensemen usually don't wear tinted visors as far as I'm aware, but I know this is a special case. Get healthy soon Marc.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:20 AM
marciiauzii

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to marciiauzii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
14 goals in two games since Boyle got injured. Coincidence? Probably. But his terrible offensive awareness isn't missed in that regard. The guy just has no idea what to do with the puck or where to be in the offensive zone. If Torts played him on the 4th line all year like he should be and put him out for big faceoffs it wouldn't be an issue.

The Rangers have a 2.39 team shooting percentage when he's on the ice. That's just awful.
Callahan as good is he defensive is like Boyle on offense. Awareness is dreadful.. Just wanted to point that out. So your argument is not valid.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:20 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Man I'm starting to get the feeling that it may be best to shut him down for the season. Last thing this team needs is for him to comeback a bit too early with some vision iissues and him get crushed due to depth perception/ blurry vision.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Man I'm starting to get the feeling that it may be best to shut him down for the season. Last thing this team needs is for him to comeback a bit too early with some vision iissues and him get crushed due to depth perception/ blurry vision.
agreed. send him a get well card and a ticket home

Old
04-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciiauzii View Post
Callahan as good is he defensive is like Boyle on offense. Awareness is dreadful.. Just wanted to point that out. So your argument is not valid.
Cally is certainly not a first line player. He is also a borderline 2nd line player(depending on the type of line mates he has). On a good offensive team, Cally would probably be a third liner. But, in no way shape or form, is Cally as bad offensively as Brian Boyle.

Cally might not have amazing offensive instincts or creativity. But he has many of the physical tools. He also handles the puck a million times better than Boyle.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
I say let him keep on practicing until he is good enough. He probably won't be back unless the Rangers go deep in the playoffs; which is extremely unlikely.

It doesn't hurt to at least try to have him in game shape.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:19 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The eye is dilated. The colored shield is designed to alleviate the light which hurts the eye while its dilated. The eye is dilated so it heal properly.

Staal lost 15 pounds after the injury. The medication bothered his stomach.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:38 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
What.

No, really. What?

Old
04-21-2013, 10:42 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The eye is dilated. The colored shield is designed to alleviate the light which hurts the eye while its dilated. The eye is dilated so it heal properly.

Staal lost 15 pounds after the injury. The medication bothered his stomach.
I'm in the minority, I see him back for possibly 3rd game of first round, possibly like last year playing 3rd pair with lesser minutes...

Old
04-21-2013, 12:03 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
So a darker, tinted visor is not only a possibility, but a must for him? Maybe he will adjust fast and be fine. Defensemen usually don't wear tinted visors as far as I'm aware, but I know this is a special case. Get healthy soon Marc.
The only two that quickly come to mind would be:

Eric Weinrich:

Kyle McLaren:

Old
04-21-2013, 12:29 PM
LetterJ

Quote:
Derek Dorsett is slowly inching toward his return from a broken clavicle after skating with the Rangers on Saturday and taking shots. The right wing, acquired from Columbus along with Derick Brassard, John Moore and a sixth-round draft pick in the trade for Marian Gaborik, was put on injured reserve by the Blue Jackets after sustaining the injury March 7.

A physical forward and four-year veteran, he expects to have an X-Ray next week before taking the next step in his return.

Its a little different, he said. Back is a little bit sore from shooting yesterday and this morning. On than that, it feels great.

Dorsett, who had three goals and six assists in 24 games with Columbus before the injury, hopes after his next visit to the doctor to begin contact drills, which could lead to a return for the playoffs. He did say he has no pain in the area of the injury, but wont return until doctors say it look solid and Im not going to rehurt it. Thats what Im waiting for.
Read more: Newly acquired Dorsett gets closer to Rangers debut http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nhlblo...#ixzz2R7G1xme4

Old
04-21-2013, 12:59 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
The only two that quickly come to mind would be:

Eric Weinrich:

Kyle McLaren:
do they have a history of injuries? or they wear it just because?

Old
04-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Krams
what a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrpassion View Post
do they have a history of injuries? or they wear it just because?
I'm not sure, but it looks ridiculous.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:09 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
No need to shut him down. He should continue to follow doctor's orders and work on conditioning while the eye improves. IF it's back to normal and he is comfortable and gets the medical sign off he'll be back...if he's not good to go he won't be. It's really (hopefully and as far as we've heard) just time that he needs. They aren't going to put him in harms way. He's the organization's #1 D, and while they want to win now, they need Marc next season and beyond.

Old
04-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterJ View Post
Read more: Newly acquired Dorsett gets closer to Rangers debut http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nhlblo...#ixzz2R7G1xme4
3G 6A would match the 4th lines production for the whole season

Old
04-21-2013, 02:04 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Hopefully he can be back for the last game of the regular season.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:10 AM
16 To Stanley*

Does DD have a chance of being back in a regular season game or is that a pipe dream at this point?

Old
04-22-2013, 11:27 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Does DD have a chance of being back in a regular season game or is that a pipe dream at this point?
A couple days ago he said that he was supposed to have an x-ray early this week. But when asked if whether a positive result would be enough to get him cleared for play he indicated that he thought he might need one more (x-ray or test of some kind) afterwards. So it sounds like the Panthers are out, and the Hurricanes are iffy...Saturday is possible though, assuming no setbacks and if his conditioning level is good.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Quote:
You do realize most of callahans goals come from being in the right spot around the net, which would be attributed to his awareness, like both goals yesterday, so your points not valid... Nice try relating Boyle to Callahan though

Old
04-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Vitto79

I was out of town for a few days so havent read up on anything

Do Dorsett and Staal have a chance to play the last game of the yr?

Old
04-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
he would replace Kreider on the 4th line likely. I would like to see him reak havoc in the playoffs. Prust was a bubble 3rd/4th liner and I imagine Dorsett will do the same but when he does get minutes it will be productive

Old
04-22-2013, 01:31 PM
GFiP

So staal is still far away? Anyone have a decent hypothesis on if and when hell be back?

Old
04-22-2013, 01:53 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
So staal is still far away? Anyone have a decent hypothesis on if and when hell be back?
who knows man, the guy has to be able to see again and bulk back up

Old
04-22-2013, 02:02 PM
GFiP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
who knows man, the guy has to be able to see again and bulk back up

I know he's still missing a little vision, but it would be nice to know if its coming back slowly or just stagnating.

Old
04-22-2013, 02:10 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
I know he's still missing a little vision, but it would be nice to know if its coming back slowly or just stagnating.
I think Marc said it's been about the same (blurriness) for a while now. He's been working on his conditioning and hopefully the eye continues to improve. I believe the doctors stated it would...just a matter of time I guess. Hopefully he wakes up tomorrow and it's better. But it could just as easily be weeks or months. No way to know.

Closed Thread