HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Posters of years past.....where did you go?

Old
04-22-2013, 02:35 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

vCash: 500
where did erfus go?

trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:01 AM
GloveSave1
Back in Black

Yeah, I always enjoyed MeisterBruinMaker. One of the few posters that I would always read. Even if he wrote an epic. Haha. Always good thought provoking stuff. We saw things along the same lines...

I noticed him doing the Free Agent thread on the main board a few years back, but I almost exclusivly stick around here...So who knows?...Haven't seen him post here in ages...

I don't think I've had an infraction in my 10 years. I wouldn't even know where to look. Haha

GloveSave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:53 AM
WhiteMandingo
The Epilogue

Is there a list of banned posters or how are we supposed to know who not to mention?

WhiteMandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger04 View Post
its always interesting to see someone who has only been a member for a few years with +10k posts. thats like posting 10+ posts a day. thats insane
Not that hard if you post on multiple boards and sometimes just Chat it up. That doesnt always have to be useless spamming like in the lounge either.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:20 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithformeragent View Post
He still posts. I usually end up immediately merging his new threads with an existing one.
so true, I love OldJohn, hopefully when I am his age (I believe a young 80 if not mistaken?) I`m still following Bruins hockey

Dojji hasn`t produced a poll in a long time either?

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:57 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
Is there a list of banned posters or how are we supposed to know who not to mention?
There isn't. And I never said don't mention them. I said to avoid talking too much about them (once they are acknowledged as banned members).

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:00 AM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
Those above listed are the few that could have intelligent debates with me without resorting to personal shots.
I like the irony (hopefully intentional) of taking personal shots at those that weren't mentioned in the OP by saying that they are not intelligent enough to converse with Gonzo without using personal shots.

People mentioned = intelligent. People not mentioned: not intelligent enough.

So either poorly worded, or awesomely ironic.

Last edited by the overrated: 04-22-2013 at 08:11 AM. Reason: fixed a typo
the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:03 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
I have to admit, I get confused by the "used to be a mere member under a certain name, but am now a mod by a different name" thing.

But yeah, whenever a topic like this pops up, I always have to mention Stock Rocks. He was one of the best back in the day.

Nightslyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I miss Jeff from Maine, Future Considerations, and Doug Watson.
Doug Watson = Retired User ( not that he's retired...but his new user name )

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:52 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Lion View Post
It's kinda funny.
Quite of few of the truly missed 'missing' have been members for near 10 years back, yet have only a few thousand posts.
It seems there's a bunch of members from ca. 2010 that are going on 10,000+ posts.

Quality vs quantity. Think before posting.
Quote:
its always interesting to see someone who has only been a member for a few years with +10k posts. thats like posting 10+ posts a day. thats insane
I think a lot of the post totals for the long time folks done on the older version of this site were lost when it was converted over to the new one, but the point of quality vs quantity is certainly a valid one...

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:58 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
so true, I love OldJohn, hopefully when I am his age (I believe a young 80 if not mistaken?) I`m still following Bruins hockey

Dojji hasn`t produced a poll in a long time either?
dojji sleeps with da fishes

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:00 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
where has Lucic Train been? I actually both enjoyed his posts and all his aliases....he was the inspiration for Michael Myers- you weren't killing him, it was all under his terms. We used to try to figure out who he was the dude was good though, real Boston sports fan who brought the passion

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:01 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzothe7thDman View Post
I think we need to have our sort of annual Lunatic Fringe best poster awards thread.

Haven't had one of those in a while. Builds unity.
The three I find myself reading most, and are the most level headed and think before they hit submit posters are BoyntBergie, JMiller and the overrated.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:05 AM
amazingcrwns
IBelieveThatWeWilWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I think a lot of the post totals for the long time folks done on the older version of this site were lost when it was converted over to the new one, but the point of quality vs quantity is certainly a valid one...
The great board crash... I think you're right, I believe all post totals started back at zero when the site came back up.

I love reading through these threads and remembering all the great posters who have come through over the years. Thanks to the OP for starting it.

amazingcrwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:17 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
where has Lucic Train been? I actually both enjoyed his posts and all his aliases....he was the inspiration for Michael Myers- you weren't killing him, it was all under his terms. We used to try to figure out who he was the dude was good though, real Boston sports fan who brought the passion
You forgot the *...

That guy was all determination when it came to creating fake usernames just to post his nonsense...

Old
04-22-2013, 10:21 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingcrwns View Post
The great board crash... I think you're right, I believe all post totals started back at zero when the site came back up.

I love reading through these threads and remembering all the great posters who have come through over the years. Thanks to the OP for starting it.
Yup. I also lost a ton of post totals after I took a long break from posting here during the Samsanov and Thornton trades. The place was so divisive and negative that I couldn't even enjoy coming here. After it all settled down and I started back up, my post count was reset to zero for some reason.

This has been pretty amusing to see some of the long term names mentioned. I miss Meister, Jeff, and BCBruin's posts because they were so well stated and usually very informed. I miss DC because that guy was such an agitator that he drove people crazy. There are probably a dozen or so others that haven't even been mentioned yet.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:26 AM
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
I look for the cigar dog too!
<-----As long as Colt, Ranold, DKH, and WhamBam among others keep posting, I'll keep reading and posting.

I joined when I was 13 and now I'm 21 in a handful of days. It's been 8 years since I finally had found a hockey community worth talking to. All of you make it worth it, either with the hysterics/lunacy which can be quite funny or the great long novels of posts full of insight and perspective (I'm looking at you Alberta hahaha).

Last edited by TP: 04-22-2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: mod
CDJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:35 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Yup. I also lost a ton of post totals after I took a long break from posting here during the Samsanov and Thornton trades. The place was so divisive and negative that I couldn't even enjoy coming here. After it all settled down and I started back up, my post count was reset to zero for some reason.

This has been pretty amusing to see some of the long term names mentioned. I miss Meister, Jeff, and BCBruin's posts because they were so well stated and usually very informed. I miss DC because that guy was such an agitator that he drove people crazy. There are probably a dozen or so others that haven't even been mentioned yet.
Someone told me it was like a B.C. and A.D thing, and only quality posts were counted from before. You started at zero because they couldn't do negative numbers...

Still waiting for a YouTube video of you ingesting your B's cap, now that Soderberg has played in two games with Boston and has his first NHL point.

I still talk to some of the people that have been mentioned (in our SIM league, on other boards, in person). Social media has changed, and unfortunately some of the really good posters now have other options.

Back in the day (I'm getting old) I learned a ton from the people on this board, and there are still some fountains of information around. Unfortunately, I can learn a lot more about how I don't want to sound as a poster than the good stuff these days I think that it's probably cyclical, and there will always be good and bad times. It's sad and a double-edged sword, but I think the quality of the board tends to go up when the B's are not very good and down when they are popular.

Persevere

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Someone told me it was like a B.C. and A.D thing, and only quality posts were counted from before. You started at zero because they couldn't do negative numbers...

Still waiting for a YouTube video of you ingesting your B's cap, now that Soderberg has played in two games with Boston and has his first NHL point.

I still talk to some of the people that have been mentioned (in our SIM league, on other boards, in person). Social media has changed, and unfortunately some of the really good posters now have other options.

Back in the day (I'm getting old) I learned a ton from the people on this board, and there are still some fountains of information around. Unfortunately, I can learn a lot more about how I don't want to sound as a poster than the good stuff these days I think that it's probably cyclical, and there will always be good and bad times. It's sad and a double-edged sword, but I think the quality of the board tends to go up when the B's are not very good and down when they are popular.

Persevere
This is an interesting point for me.

I find myself learning a ton from you and many other posters here about the game, despite the concerns about the quality of the board dipping. There's defintiely a lot of noise to get to the substance, but it's still there. Maybe your knowledge/insight has just reached the point where you have become more the teacher than the student?

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Chris21

I miss the old Bruins ESPN Board. We had a blast. Especially on Fridays.

Chris21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Doug Watson = Retired User ( not that he's retired...but his new user name )
I'm still kicking around...I went Retired when....I think something to do with the Yeti long ago actually (I should figure that out some day).

I stay retired now because I don't have enough time to post as much as I'd like nor am I writing normally for any site. I'm still here to make comments now and then though. I'm always available to talk via twitter or email otherwise for those looking to cover whatever hockey points they want.

Cheers

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:10 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
This is an interesting point for me.

I find myself learning a ton from you and many other posters here about the game, despite the concerns about the quality of the board dipping. There's defintiely a lot of noise to get to the substance, but it's still there. Maybe your knowledge/insight has just reached the point where you have become more the teacher than the student?
Maybe? I hope not.

I like to think that you are never too old to learn new things, and I know for a fact that there are a few posters here that have forgotten more about hockey than I will ever know. If anything, I think that some of the posters that have been around longer have a bit more perspective and wisdom, not necessarily more knowledge?

It just seems to me, and I'm not sure if it's and age or generation thing (and there always exceptions to the rule), but a lot of the posters are so very "what have you done for me lately" and expect instant gratification. When they don't get it, they flip out and post a lot of nonsense, lol.

Take for example, the B's current funk. I am not sure if it's indicative of serious problems on the team, or if it's more a product of the injuries and the introductions of guys like Jagr, Redden, and Sodererg into the lineup? (I tend to think it's the latter because I try to be optimistic about the team) The difference between myself and some of the knee-jerk posters is that I have seen this team play poorly headed into the playoffs and do well...and I have seen them head into the playoffs on a roll, and stink up the joint...and I realize that I am not smart enough to say what the team will do with any certainty. Even if I was, I would not base it on a game or two, and try to look at the big picture.

I think you have a point about the noise. A few years ago, I would be willing to bet that there were less members, but they may have been a little more well-spoken? Now, it's not that there aren't quality posters (new and old), you just have to sift through more garbage to find them. I suppose that it is still better than reading the Yahoo or ESPN boards, and I should take away that as a positive

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:15 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21 View Post
I miss the old Bruins ESPN Board. We had a blast. Especially on Fridays.
That was madness over there, but it was a lot of fun.

doubleminor138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
Originally Posted by the overrated View Post
I like the irony (hopefully intentional) of taking personal shots at those that weren't mentioned in the OP by saying that they are not intelligent enough to converse with Gonzo without using personal shots.

People mentioned = intelligent. People not mentioned: not intelligent enough.

So either poorly worded, or awesomely ironic.
There's some other hidden jabs in some of my posts in this thread.

Its like Easter, gotta find em.

Gonzothe7thDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Not really because a lot of people post on other Boards, like the 'Page 2' Boards.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote