HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Matteau Jr article on RDS

Old
04-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
That's an abusrd comment, based on what?

I agree that I would have preferred to give up the 29th overall pick, but how is it a wasted pick?

Matteau showed signs of being a good player with us this season, there is no reason to think he won't be a good NHL forward.
Agreed.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:03 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
So age matters... He just meets the requirements
Oh, I had meant age didn't matter in terms of his eligibility for next year. Thought you were saying it does.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:04 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

I'm seriously amazed if this is a press conference to announce he's quitting lol.. that just sounds hilarious to my non-Devils fan self.

Do they do this stuff often in Canada? God I wish I grew up there.. even Juniors is covered more rigorously than the Devils

Old
04-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
So age matters... He just meets the requirements

Sorry, couldn`t resist.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:10 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Guy who broke the original story just put out another article in which he wrote that he doesn't think Matteau quit the team and it's more likely people are speculating that because of his reputation.

Google translate for the win!

EDIT: he may have just been suspended.. doesn't really make things better but that's another entirely plausible scenario here.
That article doesn't say that at all. He's speculating about Matteau's future with the team and that's about it. There's nothing that states that he might be suspended.

It doesn't say that Matteau hasn't quit the team or that it's pure speculations. It actually says that Matteau has caused alot of waves in his 1st season in the "Q" and that the ex NHL player and current owner/Gm of the team, Joel Bouchard, suspended him early on in the season for a hit from behind on Philippe Archambault and that his lack of discipline was something that wasn't flying with the organisation and he chose a very poor moment to stir the ship once more when taking into consideration that they're currently in the middle of the post season.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:13 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
I'm seriously amazed if this is a press conference to announce he's quitting lol.. that just sounds hilarious to my non-Devils fan self.

Do they do this stuff often in Canada? God I wish I grew up there.. even Juniors is covered more rigorously than the Devils
Hockey in Canada, is like NCAA football/basketball in the US. The coverage they get is a little over the top but what can you do.

The fact that Joel Bouchard runs his team like a NHL type team doesn't help either. You wouldn't see that from a smaller market team but since Boisbriand is about 15 minutes away from Montreal, they like to act a little more important then the rest of the teams who are mostly located in the suburbs (Québec being the only other team with a bigger fanbase).

Old
04-22-2013, 11:15 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
That article doesn't say that at all. He's speculating about Matteau's future with the team and that's about it. There's nothing that states that he might be suspended.

It doesn't say that Matteau hasn't quit the team or that it's pure speculations. It actually says that Matteau has caused alot of waves in his 1st season in the "Q" and that the ex NHL player and current owner/Gm of the team, Joel Bouchard, suspended him early on in the season for a hit from behind on Philippe Archambault and that his lack of discipline was something that wasn't flying with the organisation and he chose a very poor moment to stir the ship once more when taking into consideration that they're currently in the middle of the post season.
The article doesn't say the author doesn't think Matteau has quit?

"We'll see this afternoon, but personally, I have trouble believing it."

You can argue all you want about opinions but you lose all credibility when you fail to read a sentence correctly.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:

If that`s the hit I have in mind, Archambault got Bernier`d like Scuderi. I didn`t agree with the suspension back then and I sure as hell can`t agree now.

This could support one of the previously stated theories.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:20 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
If that`s the hit I have in mind, Archambault got Bernier`d like Scuderi. I didn`t agree with the suspension back then and I sure as hell can`t agree now.

I didn't even see the hit to be honest with you... just saying that his Gm suspended him for a hit that saw the league hand him a 1 game suspension and got a extra one from his Gm.

That and the fact that Joel Bouchard isn't all that happy about his constant lack of discipline.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:

You can argue all you want about opinions but you lose all credibility when you fail to read a sentence correctly.
It's only based on his personal opinion. In short he has no clue what Bouchard is going to say at 12:30

Old
04-22-2013, 11:22 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
It's only based on his personal opinion. In short he has no clue what Bouchard is going to say at 12:30
That's why I wrote "the author thinks" .

Old
04-22-2013, 11:22 AM
FirmestPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post

Notice how fast the opposing player is back on his feet, all well n good.

FirmestPiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
That's why I wrote "the author thinks" .
Yes, I meant we're all speculating right now.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmestPiano View Post
Notice how fast the opposing player is back on his feet, all well n good.
Preaching to the choir, exactly what we talked about at the time.

I too would be upset if this was happening to me regularly.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Devil X

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
I feel truly sorry for this kid. For the simple reason that he will NEVER out live being picked when half the people think we should have given up. He will have to become the next Parise or something better for everyone to like him. Every mistake me makes will be magnified here he will be the first person everyone wants traded or sat on a nightly basis.

Kids 19 lots of 19y/o make stupid moves. It happens hardly anything to worry about.

Devil X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:25 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:

MY BAD, he did say that he has trouble believing it. I red the article while I was on the phone with someone... again, my bad

He also said that according to rumors, Matteau might have ditched the team, so it's not as if he has any inside info on the matter, he's basically spitballing here.

Anyways, we'll see what Joel Bouchard has to say in about a hour but to have a press conference in the middle of a playoff run doesn't sound like they're about to announce that he'll get a slap on the wrist.

If so, talk about creating a MASSIVE distraction to your own team.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:26 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

So you're saying a spoiled 18 year old threw a hissy fit because he didn't get what he wanted?

This kid is a 2nd generation hockey player. He's probably been groomed to be a pro athlete his entire life, probably being spoiled and pampered ever since he's been a toddler. He'll get over it.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:29 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I don't believe you but I want to
I didn't say it another poster did, I wanted to see if this was true.

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:32 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
MY BAD, he did say that he has trouble believing it. I red the article while I was on the phone with someone... again, my bad

He also said that according to rumors, Matteau might have ditched the team, so it's not as if he has any inside info on the matter, he's basically spitballing here.

Anyways, we'll see what Joel Bouchard has to say in about a hour but to have a press conference in the middle of a playoff run doesn't sound like they're about to announce that he'll get a slap on the wrist.

If so, talk about creating a MASSIVE distraction to your own team.
Don't get me wrong, pretty much any scenario is a negative for Matteau. I'm just willing to forgive the teenager unless something ridiculous occurred.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretyak 20 View Post
I got the inside scoop from my sources. Apparently Matteau has quit hockey. He got on the fan bus to go to the airport, where he flew to Paris, changed his name to Benoit Coulliet and joined the French Foreign Legion. Also Bettman is penalizing the Devils for the incident and we will lose another 2 1st round picks.
You win

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:22 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
Using that pick will likely end up being one of the worst things if we don't go deep into the playoffs next year.
Are you serious???

So a 19-year-old(going on 20) is going to determine whether we go deep into the playoffs next year? okay then.....

glenwo2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:24 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
Are you serious???

So a 19-year-old(going on 20) is going to determine whether we go deep into the playoffs next year? okay then.....
Pretty sure he means the fact that we'd be giving up a much higher pick.

To which I agree, though not necessarily "deep". If the pick is higher than 17-18, I think Lou made the right choice. That could be 1st round exit as a 7th or 6th seed..

Old
04-22-2013, 12:26 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

He just needs more hugs

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man