HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 News Around The NHL Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 06:17 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Heh, deboer just went out like a beeyotch!
Daddy- Uncle received some beautiful serenading as well.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
I just have to ask again because I don't get it, why is there such vitriol for DeBoer? It really just seems completely nonsensical to me.
What's hard to understand? People didn't like him while he was here, it hasn't changed.

04-21-2013, 08:17 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

I think both Dineen & DeBoer are going to be under the microscope next season.

I think DeBoer dodges a bullet for now, but if he starts off next season badly, I see the impatient Lamoriello giving him an early to mid season hook.

Dineen probably has the entire season, but if the level of disorganization we have seen on ice continues through next season, Tallon won't bring him back.

Neither man has really represented himself well this season, but under the trying circumstances they both get a well deserved temporary reprieve in this brutal, results-oriented business.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post

I think DeBoer dodges a bullet for now, but if he starts off next season badly, I see the impatient Lamoriello giving him an early to mid season hook.

Dineen probably has the entire season, but if the level of disorganization we have seen on ice continues through next season, Tallon won't bring him back.

Neither man has really represented himself well this season, but under the trying circumstances they both get a well deserved temporary reprieve in this brutal, results-oriented business.
Agree. The lack of effort from the guys down the stretch, while almost understandable on some level, is still completely unacceptable. I'm quite surprised that after Dineen's big talk with them after the loss to the Rangers, he only got one mildly successful period out of them in Newark.

Deboer on the other hand has allowed two injuries (Brodeur and Kovalchuk for a few games only) to completely wipe out a season. If that doesn't say bad coaching, i don't know what does.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:45 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Agree. The lack of effort from the guys down the stretch, while almost understandable on some level, is still completely unacceptable. I'm quite surprised that after Dineen's big talk with them after the loss to the Rangers, he only got one mildly successful period out of them in Newark.

Deboer on the other hand has allowed two injuries (Brodeur and Kovalchuk for a few games only) to completely wipe out a season. If that doesn't say bad coaching, i don't know what does.
have you looked at that roster without kovalchuk (who missed a critical 1/4 of a short season)? he lost parise and got nothing this offseason and still came out of the gate strong until brodeur went down. clarkson is the third leading point getter with 23. but do continue and explain how he's a bad coach.

the frog is right that both will be under the gun. i don't really see either being fired during the season but both could be gone in the offseason if the results don't improve.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:50 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post

Then Dineen is a bad coach too...

Old
04-22-2013, 11:17 AM
panthertod

Dineen has had many more than just 2 injuries that helped wipe out this season.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:50 AM
homegrizown

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthertod View Post
dineen has only had 1 of his dmen all season out of his top six. kuba doesn't count he's awful

jovo-miss practically the whole season
weaver-half the season
kuli-a quarter
guddy-a quarter

two top 6 forwards practically the whole season
verstegg and weiss

this team had to rush the young kids and as u can see the talent the they simply aren't ready for the day to day nhl especially in a rushed season

Old
04-22-2013, 12:08 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthertod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post
dineen has only had 1 of his dmen all season out of his top six. kuba doesn't count he's awful

jovo-miss practically the whole season
weaver-half the season
kuli-a quarter
guddy-a quarter

two top 6 forwards practically the whole season
verstegg and weiss

this team had to rush the young kids and as u can see the talent the they simply aren't ready for the day to day nhl especially in a rushed season
You can't draw a line based on quantity. It's clear the loss of parise hurt the Devils and when Kovy went down things went south. The Devils are not a deep team. Kovy is a Hart quality player, losing him is devastating to a bubble team.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:28 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post

Cant argue with this assessment at all.

Overall this year PD had exponentially a much better roster with jersey then KD with panthers; any rational person would state same. However even when the HOF goalie returned, the ship couldn't be righted. What was glaring to me watching yesterdays game was PD blind loyalty to the vets continued, something that I loathed about him here. . Volch has been absolutely dreadful and yet he sticks with him over Fayne yesterday. Ended up biting him badly.

He will have a short leash next season and I don't think we will watch him fail for the 5th of 6 seasons as either he will succeed or be relieved after 10-20 games.

Next year will be a big year for KD as well as he should have his best roster and should bring the team into the playoffs for the 2nd of 3rd year. If he fails, I will be the lst to say his renewal has to be seriously scrutinized.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:57 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
You can't draw a line based on quantity. It's clear the loss of parise hurt the Devils and when Kovy went down things went south. The Devils are not a deep team. Kovy is a Hart quality player, losing him is devastating to a bubble team.
You can when it's 2/3's of your top line, your captain, your starting goaltender and dont forget Bergy who was great last year. You also have Guds coming off shoulder surgery, Kulikov out for awhile, Weaver( best penalty killer), Upshall falling apart as usual and the replacement your GM got for Garrison is a freaking pylon. So yeah I am going to cut Dineen a lot more slack than Deboer. Don't think either deserve to be fired but Dineen has had half a team of AHL call ups most of the year. How do you develop a system when it's different guys every game?

Old
04-22-2013, 01:07 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
You can when it's 2/3's of your top line, your captain, your starting goaltender and dont forget Bergy who was great last year. You also have Guds coming off shoulder surgery, Kulikov out for awhile, Weaver( best penalty killer), Upshall falling apart as usual and the replacement your GM got for Garrison is a freaking pylon. So yeah I am going to cut Dineen a lot more slack than Deboer. Don't think either deserve to be fired but Dineen has had half a team of AHL call ups most of the year. How do you develop a system when it's different guys every game?
I'm just saying, it's not like the Devils lost two random players. They lost their starting goalie and MVP caliber forward for a significant time. The downfall coincided with Kovy being out. The Devils are a thin team that needs their best players to play well or they're not going to win. They're a bubble playoff team when healthy.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:54 PM
pantherbot

Quote:
I'm just saying, it's not like the Devils lost two random players. They lost their starting goalie and MVP caliber forward for a significant time. The downfall coincided with Kovy being out. The Devils are a thin team that needs their best players to play well or they're not going to win. They're a bubble playoff team when healthy.
We should also keep in mind that last year's Devils team was a shootout monster. Give them a .500 record in the shoot out and they would have had a similar point total to us last year, so it's not like they were world beaters in the regular season.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:19 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbot View Post
We should also keep in mind that last year's Devils team was a shootout monster. Give them a .500 record in the shoot out and they would have had a similar point total to us last year, so it's not like they were world beaters in the regular season.
hockey people know this as well. some fans here hate him because he wasn't able to produce a winner with table scraps. hey - it's their prerogative. just wish we didn't have to see it day after day here. (would have also hoped that maybe they might've learned some humility after watching the playoffs last year but that's a bit too much to ask i guess).

Old
04-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Lmao, learn humility? Why should anyone be humbled by him? Are you serious? And why does anyone here have to like him? I could care less, though, I wasn't a fan, but how should anyone have been humbled by their run last season? So he took a team with some great players and a hall of game goalie to the Finals. Good or him, doesn't mean anyone here should have gained anything when it comes to him.

And the Devils just went on a losing streak they haven't seen since Marty's rookie season, that's news, and this is a discussion forum, sub-heading "news around the NHL." It's gonna be talked about, especially with the coaching situation.

Old
04-23-2013, 10:00 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Lmao, learn humility? Why should anyone be humbled by him? Are you serious? And why does anyone here have to like him? I could care less, though, I wasn't a fan, but how should anyone have been humbled by their run last season? So he took a team with some great players and a hall of game goalie to the Finals. Good or him, doesn't mean anyone here should have gained anything when it comes to him.

And the Devils just went on a losing streak they haven't seen since Marty's rookie season, that's news, and this is a discussion forum, sub-heading "news around the NHL." It's gonna be talked about, especially with the coaching situation.

lol.

yes, i'm talking about humility. let me remind you that a certain poster was on here every day during pete's last season goading folks like me by calling pete a "junior coach". no credible foundation for the insults, just a fan spewing hate. the following summer, one of the smartest people in the game snaps pete up to coach. hmm. really? then, deboer coaches his new team to the final in his first year. maybe at that point you say to yourself "ok, so i was wrong, the guy's not a junior coach".

that's what i'm talking about. pretty simple and straight forward. i'm not getting into any of the rest of this with you.

Old
04-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Soooo...one person, sounded like you roped everyone in as a whole.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:54 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:

gonna guess the voice of doom poster on my ignore list is at it again.

sigh.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:30 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post

sigh.
Michael Bloomberg has an HF account?

Old
04-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

sigh.
Lol...yup.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:55 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Soooo...one person, sounded like you roped everyone in as a whole.
in this case, yes. there's only one poster throwing the same tired (and quite obviously, at this point, wrong) drivel out time after time.

you can back up and look at the bigger picture, though. how about JM? mike kitchen? fans hate on coaches if they don't win. they'll find some reason to claim this guy or that guy is an idiot and then conveniently ignore the fact they move on and have success.

not saying we shouldn't debate or criticize. do we have to vilify, though? is anyone really qualified to go that far? is there a point?

Old
04-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Laus723
Future Now

We're Panther fans, though. Not JM, DeBoer, Horton, Louie, Huberdeau, etc fans. If a player, coach, or GM doesn't work out here, or just plain moves on, who cares if some fans choose to dislike them? How long did Chelios get booed in Chicago? It's just part of being a fan.

Old
04-27-2013, 03:01 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Lol, for one of the all time greats, a pretty pathetic quote form Brodeur on why he chose not to play at the garden vs Rangers today.

“Getting booed for two hours for no reason, I don’t know if I was really up for it. If it meant something, I didn’t mind.”

[url]http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/26/nhl-on-nbc-devils-brodeur-to-sit-out-against-rangers/

Old
04-27-2013, 03:30 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Lol, for one of the all time greats, a pretty pathetic quote form Brodeur on why he chose not to play at the garden vs Rangers today.

“Getting booed for two hours for no reason, I don’t know if I was really up for it. If it meant something, I didn’t mind.”

[url]http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/26/nhl-on-nbc-devils-brodeur-to-sit-out-against-rangers/
Yeah, really. That's embarrassing. I can't believe he said that.

Old
04-27-2013, 10:22 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:

Classic uncle daddy!

Closed Thread