HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could teams be looking to snipe Bruce "Butch" Cassidy from us this summer?

Old
04-21-2013, 08:12 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
The guy needs a talented team to win, he's not gonna bring anything else out of players. Mediocre coach who won't be a loss at all.
Agree. Without the talent, Cassidy doesn't produce. We've seen it. Credit Chiarelli and Co. for the roster that Cassidy has been given.

The great coaches in P-Bruins' recent history could take any group they have to work with, and ice a competitive team out of them night in and night out. Laviolette, Sullivan, and Gordon come to mind.

Cassidy lives and dies by what he's given to work with. A Swedish phenom between the pipes and several up and coming players who are on their way to the NHL do a great job of making Cassidy look good ... Just remember what it was like before the team was stacked.

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:47 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Let's see if he's smart enough to scratch Colby Cohen first.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:56 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
Agree. Without the talent, Cassidy doesn't produce. We've seen it. Credit Chiarelli and Co. for the roster that Cassidy has been given.

The great coaches in P-Bruins' recent history could take any group they have to work with, and ice a competitive team out of them night in and night out. Laviolette, Sullivan, and Gordon come to mind.

Cassidy lives and dies by what he's given to work with. A Swedish phenom between the pipes and several up and coming players who are on their way to the NHL do a great job of making Cassidy look good ... Just remember what it was like before the team was stacked.
bang on

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

I still don't know what they have in Cassidy.

I know he's coached for 15 years, but take a closer look at that history and it's not all that impressive... He was fired 25 games into his second season as an NHL head coach, so he returned to Junior where, once again, he was fired 12 games into his second season. Then he apprenticed for 3 years under a guy who's now in the ECHL. His team last year was a mess defensively and despite having a goalie like Khudobin, missed the playoffs.

Much was made about Julien "helping out" down there during the lockout, and I wonder if that has had something to do with their improved defensive play/positioning. Of course, having 3-4 guys who have played at a ppg pace for long stretches this season hasn't hurt either.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad he's got things going in the right direction, and I'd like to see him back in Providence next year, but I wouldn't lose sleep over him getting poached.

04-22-2013, 11:04 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Let somebody snipe him. Then I would like to see the B's grab a guy like Boucher and let him work with the youngsters until he's ready for his second crack at the NHL.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote