HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2013, 11:52 AM
  #151
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!
 
attachetatuque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 514
Country: Canada
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
He has a year after this one on his current contract and then is UFA. If he plays like he was pre-injury then he would get top 4 kind of money, say $4M or so on 4-5 years as a UFA. MB needs to make a call on him to either try signing him long term or else trade him because he will have value if he picks up where he left off.

I guess it depends on Beaulieu's developement and Markov's plans of retirement.

I think it is safe to assume Markov is playing his last few years in the NHL, and I expect him to retire next year.

Subban-Diaz
Beaulieu/Markov-Gorges
Tinordi-Emelin

I wouldn't mind having Diaz for the next few years, but I doubt he will be given/ask for 4million. He is a late bloomer, and not a physical/defensive guy. I'd say Bergevin will offer him a bridge deal of say, 2.5/3.5 million (gros max) for 2-3 years and I'd be quite alright with that. Glad he is back on the team, he is a very smart guy on and off the ice, I feel he really puts the team ahead of himself (from interviews and what not). I can easily picture him being the weird geeky nerd type guy in the room that everyone chirps at.

attachetatuque is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:25 PM
  #152
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,334
vCash: 256
Trade Gionta to the Devils in the off season and retain 1 million or 1.5 of his salary. Ask for Clarkson in return to negotiate a contract with him before July. Sign him 4 years

Try to trade Moen as well, see out West if a team is interested

Bring in a tough SOB defenseman

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:31 PM
  #153
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Trade Gionta to the Devils in the off season and retain 1 million or 1.5 of his salary. Ask for Clarkson in return to negotiate a contract with him before July. Sign him 4 years
Pretty sure the Devils would rather just keep Clarkson...

Corncob is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:33 PM
  #154
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,334
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
Pretty sure the Devils would rather just keep Clarkson...
I'm sure as well but if he is demanding over 4 million like the rumors are you know what Lou is going to tell him....

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:34 PM
  #155
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Trade Price to Calgary or Edmonton for their first overall pick.

Acquire Jonathan Bernier from LA for our own 1st round pick.

And of course, acquire some big nasty wingers and d-men

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:36 PM
  #156
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,334
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Trade price to calgary for their first overall pick.

Acquire Jonathan Bernier from LA for our own 1st round pick.

And of course, acquire some big nasty wingers and d-men
Yes make Bernier the starter with his 61 career starts as experience. He is ready!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:37 PM
  #157
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Yes make Bernier the starter with his 61 career starts as experience. He is ready!!!
Wasn't Price given #1 goalie spot in MTL before he reached his 61st game ?

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:38 PM
  #158
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,334
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Wasn't Price given #1 goalie spot in MTL before he reached his 61st game ?
Well he was the franchise goalie when drafted, Bernier isn't even the franchise goalie or starter in LA

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:50 PM
  #159
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,888
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Lol Bernier...

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:52 PM
  #160
Macbeth
Registered User
 
Macbeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Petite-Patrie, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Trade Price to Calgary or Edmonton for their first overall pick.

Acquire Jonathan Bernier from LA for our own 1st round pick.

And of course, acquire some big nasty wingers and d-men
Did it work out when you did it in NHL10 ?

Macbeth is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 12:54 PM
  #161
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,334
vCash: 256
Must be one of those who mocked Price on Saturday, gotta love our fan base

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 01:01 PM
  #162
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maltese View Post
Trade Price to Calgary or Edmonton for their first overall pick.

Acquire Jonathan Bernier from LA for our own 1st round pick.

And of course, acquire some big nasty wingers and d-men
Well.... Price is worth a heck of a lot more than a #5-6 overall pick. There's also nothing wrong with having both Price and Bernier in the system until one of them really solidifies themselves as a Hall of Fame goaltender and not just a measly top 10 goalie.

Draft is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 01:10 PM
  #163
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Trade Gionta to the Devils in the off season and retain 1 million or 1.5 of his salary. Ask for Clarkson in return to negotiate a contract with him before July. Sign him 4 years

Try to trade Moen as well, see out West if a team is interested

Bring in a tough SOB defenseman
All Free Agents can be negotiated with from the 25th of June or the day after the Entry Draft until June 30th.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA...2013%20(1).pdf

So, not only does it mean absolutely nothing for us to obtain him beforehand, we would be giving them a 25g+ winger who happens to be our captain AND limit our cap by 1-1.5mil. Unless they're RFAs there's no point in trading for free agents. Gionta may be small and his cap hit bad but he's still worth more than a little more negotiating time with a guy who will be way overpaid and may not even sign with the team.

Draft is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 01:48 PM
  #164
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,504
vCash: 500
Bergevin will have to back up what he did and find a way to improve our weaknesses, and make room for some additions. This team ain't going to cut it in an 82 games season. We need:

- A bigger defense
- More bottom-6 grit/nastyness
- Likely a winger to replace Ryder, if not Ryder himself, preferably with a bit more grit.

HiggsBozon is online now  
Old
04-22-2013, 01:53 PM
  #165
Rick16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,441
vCash: 500
I'd love Patrick Maroon on our team, do you think we could be able to get him?

Rick16 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 02:03 PM
  #166
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Moon
Country: United States
Posts: 9,497
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Bergevin will have to back up what he did and find a way to improve our weaknesses, and make room for some additions. This team ain't going to cut it in an 82 games season. We need:

- A bigger defense
- More bottom-6 grit/nastyness
- Likely a winger to replace Ryder, if not Ryder himself, preferably with a bit more grit.
- Murray
- Parros
- Hartnell or Stewart

Only one that would cost alot would be Hartnell. Stewart would not cost alot.

Richiebottles is online now  
Old
04-22-2013, 02:11 PM
  #167
1993
Registered User
 
1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
- Murray
- Parros
- Hartnell or Stewart

Only one that would cost alot would be Hartnell. Stewart would not cost alot.
Good start. Also look at:

- Bieksa(Vanc in a world of hurt with the cap)
- Bickell (Chic)
- Nystrom
- Clowe
- Clarkson

Most at FA's so MB will have to be ready to go after them.

1993 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 02:12 PM
  #168
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
- Murray
- Parros
- Hartnell or Stewart

Only one that would cost alot would be Hartnell. Stewart would not cost alot.
-O'Byrne
-Sestito
-Bickell/Stalberg/Clowe/Clarkson/Chris Stewart (RFA)

Quite a bit younger, faster and potentially cheaper options. If we can get any of the Free Agents that are bigger and better than 3rd liners I'll be happy.

Draft is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 02:20 PM
  #169
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
- Murray
- Parros
- Hartnell or Stewart

Only one that would cost alot would be Hartnell. Stewart would not cost alot.
For the big D, I think it will might have to come through trade. On the UFA market, we have 2 options: Murray or Regehr.

For the 4th line nastyness, I'd like a guy we're sure could be an aggressor. Think Hendricks, Nystrom or Cooke.

To replace Ryder with a more physical player who still can play on the top-9, we have several options; Bickell, Stalberg, Clowe and Clarkson. A realistic pick could be Bickell.

So that would leave us with;

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Bickell
Prust - Hendricks - Moen/White

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Diaz - Murray
Bouillon

Price
Budaj

Still not the most competitive team, but still a playoffs team IMHO, with some interesting gritty player who can defend themselves and their teammates (Bouillon, Murray, Moen/White, Hendricks, Prust, Bickell), a balance offense, and some depth on D (assuming the kids are better next year than they were this year).

HiggsBozon is online now  
Old
04-22-2013, 02:51 PM
  #170
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's because Bergevin isn't an emotional bipolar fan. He's not going to drive off course just because of a 36 game sample in a transitional year.

First off, Emelin wasn't injured at the deadline.
Second, he brought in a bit of depth and size in the bottom pair.
Third, Diaz was expected to make an eventual return.
Fourth, Emelin's injury has nothing to do with our current poor play.
Fifth, and most importantly, trading away our picks for the likes of Robyn Regehr would not guarantee a long playoff run.

We were 28th in the NHL last year, in a short condensed year, we challenge for the top seed of our division. That's a very small sample size and is likely to be an anomaly more than solid improvements. Over the long ups and downs of a full year, we'd probably be a POs bubble team and at the very best around 5-6th.
So Bergevin rather hold on to his picks than trade them for rentals in what is likely to be a mirage of a season.

Ya, a 2nd round pick will not help us now, however, you're fully aware that Bergevin said it will take some time to rebuilt, he believes in doing it through the draft and development of our prospects. Pretty sure you were happy to hear that at the time.
Having 4 picks in the top two rounds certainly increases our odds of landing better prospects than if we only had two, or one pick.

Also, we pretty much have the same team coming back next year, so if this is the real deal team, then we'll be just as good and go for it next season with 4 new top 2 rounds prospects. No need to go all in at the deadline in such a small and condensed transitional year.

Stop being over dramatic.
(my response isn't very neatly organized, sorry I didn't know how to shape it)


Bergevin decided to essentially throw away THIS season for the idea of success in upcoming seasons. Surely you don't disagree? When your two direct rivals shore up by picking up hall of famers, and in Pittsburgh's case making FOUR trades for established NHL players that means that our team either so surpassed Bergevin's vision that he thought we were better than the rest of the East even with the trades OR that we were still weak and he didn't want to sacrifice 2nd rounders for patchwork pickups.

So you buy or you sell.

He pulled a Gainey and did neither, in fact he extended the two players we should be getting phasing out (undersized, medium-talented players who need special roles and personalized ice-time) and sat on his bloody hands thinking that there would be no more injuries coming up. For the record Drewiskie is a crap hockey player who got surpassed by rookies every year for the past few years. He's not good, he's not okay, he's not even an established NHL player. He's literally the definition of a warm body and folks who have no idea what they're looking at see his average skating ability and think that means he's an adequate defenseman. He's not, he's awful physically and cannot read plays for his life. He chases the puck like a blind dog. He's not someone you can rely on for anything.

Neither is Bouillon, neither is Weber, neither is Pateryn or Beaulieu or Tinordi. I was clamoring to pick up an actual d-man from the start, someone like Klesla or JBo and this is exactly why. You don't need more soft-minute chumps who look good in spurts, you need the safe-20+min a night kinda guys who can soak in pressure and not embarrass himself. So what if Jbo was a 1st and some crap prospects? HE CAN HELP YOU WIN THE CUP. I just seems like after years of being beat up and shat on by the tougher teams in the league, our fanbase has gotten an inferiority complex where next season is gonna be the good one.

Gorges, Subban and Markov will bounce back, Diaz looks good but there isn't another NHL d-man on our team and that's Bergevin's failing. And it's bull that he "couldn't foresee" injuries. You have to be pro-active like Shero was, whose team is kicking ass even with all his starting players injured.

While small sample-size is true - we hadn't struggled or really been out-played until the deadline so no one really knew if this squad had the mettle to actually win through adversity - that's where foresight come in. Bergevin played it way too safe and left our fate in the hands of Pittsburgh and Boston. He let them decide the prices, he let them strengthen their teams, he let them call every shot. Rookie GM move and it really hurt us.

You can't say that there's always next year when it comes to a full season of winning- we were guaranteed a playoff spot, he should've revitalized the team with some pickups and played for the cup. You play the sport to win. You play for the cup every season. Anyone who says otherwise has no idea what goes on in a lockerroom: every pre-season every team and every player says the same thing: to make the playoffs and play for the cup. Next season with Markov older, Gionta weaker, Bouillon and Halpern 38 and potential sophomore slumps for Gally and Chucky do you think they'll perform BETTER with an 82-game schedule, road-trips out west and injury risks blocking shots for 82 games?

This season was a godsend and Bergevin betrayed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Bergevin started his job as GM of the Habs this summer. Emelin was injured the day of the deadline, too late to make a trade. You need to put your special magic thinking baseball cap on again. I told you never to take it off. Back in your box, and be good.
If Bergevin thought we'd suffer no injures from the deadline until the end of the finals he should be fired on the spot.

Diaz wasn't playing at the time, that means Bergevin felt comfortable playing Drewiskie and Bouillon into the playoffs. For which, again, I dock him major points.

Yeah yeah he changed the culture, yeah yeah he's a pretty handsome guy but he's nobody special in my book - his signings and ineptitude at the deadline are worrying signs and the fact that he gets no flak from our enlightened fanbase or the Montreal media reminds me of sideshow Bob Gainey's later days. Worrying signs indeed.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 03:02 PM
  #171
1993
Registered User
 
1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
For the big D, I think it will might have to come through trade. On the UFA market, we have 2 options: Murray or Regehr.

For the 4th line nastyness, I'd like a guy we're sure could be an aggressor. Think Hendricks, Nystrom or Cooke.

To replace Ryder with a more physical player who still can play on the top-9, we have several options; Bickell, Stalberg, Clowe and Clarkson. A realistic pick could be Bickell.

So that would leave us with;

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Bickell
Prust - Hendricks - Moen/White

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Diaz - Murray
Bouillon

Price
Budaj

Still not the most competitive team, but still a playoffs team IMHO, with some interesting gritty player who can defend themselves and their teammates (Bouillon, Murray, Moen/White, Hendricks, Prust, Bickell), a balance offense, and some depth on D (assuming the kids are better next year than they were this year).
I'd move Gionta and Desharnais if possible and add more size like Stalberg and a Clowe type player. We need Galchenyuk at center. I like DD but he is the odd man out. Nashville needs some offense so they may be a destination.

1993 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 03:19 PM
  #172
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
(my response isn't very neatly organized, sorry I didn't know how to shape it)


Bergevin decided to essentially throw away THIS season for the idea of success in upcoming seasons. Surely you don't disagree? When your two direct rivals shore up by picking up hall of famers, and in Pittsburgh's case making FOUR trades for established NHL players that means that our team either so surpassed Bergevin's vision that he thought we were better than the rest of the East even with the trades OR that we were still weak and he didn't want to sacrifice 2nd rounders for patchwork pickups.

So you buy or you sell.

He pulled a Gainey and did neither, in fact he extended the two players we should be getting phasing out (undersized, medium-talented players who need special roles and personalized ice-time) and sat on his bloody hands thinking that there would be no more injuries coming up. For the record Drewiskie is a crap hockey player who got surpassed by rookies every year for the past few years. He's not good, he's not okay, he's not even an established NHL player. He's literally the definition of a warm body and folks who have no idea what they're looking at see his average skating ability and think that means he's an adequate defenseman. He's not, he's awful physically and cannot read plays for his life. He chases the puck like a blind dog. He's not someone you can rely on for anything.

Neither is Bouillon, neither is Weber, neither is Pateryn or Beaulieu or Tinordi. I was clamoring to pick up an actual d-man from the start, someone like Klesla or JBo and this is exactly why. You don't need more soft-minute chumps who look good in spurts, you need the safe-20+min a night kinda guys who can soak in pressure and not embarrass himself. So what if Jbo was a 1st and some crap prospects? HE CAN HELP YOU WIN THE CUP. I just seems like after years of being beat up and shat on by the tougher teams in the league, our fanbase has gotten an inferiority complex where next season is gonna be the good one.

Gorges, Subban and Markov will bounce back, Diaz looks good but there isn't another NHL d-man on our team and that's Bergevin's failing. And it's bull that he "couldn't foresee" injuries. You have to be pro-active like Shero was, whose team is kicking ass even with all his starting players injured.

While small sample-size is true - we hadn't struggled or really been out-played until the deadline so no one really knew if this squad had the mettle to actually win through adversity - that's where foresight come in. Bergevin played it way too safe and left our fate in the hands of Pittsburgh and Boston. He let them decide the prices, he let them strengthen their teams, he let them call every shot. Rookie GM move and it really hurt us.

You can't say that there's always next year when it comes to a full season of winning- we were guaranteed a playoff spot, he should've revitalized the team with some pickups and played for the cup. You play the sport to win. You play for the cup every season. Anyone who says otherwise has no idea what goes on in a lockerroom: every pre-season every team and every player says the same thing: to make the playoffs and play for the cup. Next season with Markov older, Gionta weaker, Bouillon and Halpern 38 and potential sophomore slumps for Gally and Chucky do you think they'll perform BETTER with an 82-game schedule, road-trips out west and injury risks blocking shots for 82 games?

This season was a godsend and Bergevin betrayed it.



If Bergevin thought we'd suffer no injures from the deadline until the end of the finals he should be fired on the spot.

Diaz wasn't playing at the time, that means Bergevin felt comfortable playing Drewiskie and Bouillon into the playoffs. For which, again, I dock him major points.

Yeah yeah he changed the culture, yeah yeah he's a pretty handsome guy but he's nobody special in my book - his signings and ineptitude at the deadline are worrying signs and the fact that he gets no flak from our enlightened fanbase or the Montreal media reminds me of sideshow Bob Gainey's later days. Worrying signs indeed.
I also don't like the Desharnais and Bouillon signings. If Desharnais ends up being more of a sign and trade deal I'll forgive him for it but... you're right. The biggest thing for me is that he needs protected minutes to produce. If the plan is for him to play on our 3rd line in the future, I suppose I can live with it. As it stands now, I'd rather him be moved to improve another position.

What I don't agree with is the fact that you believe now is the time to compete. It's possible that Bergevin believes that this team has a better chance to compete for the cup in a couple of years. Montreal has been trading picks and prospects to make it into the playoffs for the last 10 years, it hasn't worked. We've been a fringe team with some lucky bursts but surely not a contender.

The Blackhawks were built through the draft and supported internally instead of bringing in aging expensive players for assets. This is what Bergevin was "raised" in. It just so happens that Chicago will likely be one of the best teams in the NHL for the next ~6-8 years. They've done a good job developing their prospects and retaining them. We haven't. We're still rebuilding, we're still looking to develop the core we have.

Draft is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 03:33 PM
  #173
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I also don't like the Desharnais and Bouillon signings. If Desharnais ends up being more of a sign and trade deal I'll forgive him for it but... you're right. The biggest thing for me is that he needs protected minutes to produce. If the plan is for him to play on our 3rd line in the future, I suppose I can live with it. As it stands now, I'd rather him be moved to improve another position.

What I don't agree with is the fact that you believe now is the time to compete. It's possible that Bergevin believes that this team has a better chance to compete for the cup in a couple of years. Montreal has been trading picks and prospects to make it into the playoffs for the last 10 years, it hasn't worked. We've been a fringe team with some lucky bursts but surely not a contender.

The Blackhawks were built through the draft and supported internally instead of bringing in aging expensive players for assets. This is what Bergevin was "raised" in. It just so happens that Chicago will likely be one of the best teams in the NHL for the next ~6-8 years. They've done a good job developing their prospects and retaining them. We haven't. We're still rebuilding, we're still looking to develop the core we have.
This. SO MUCH COMMON SENSE MY BRAIN HURTS. Draft you are bang on buddy.

JHabs is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 03:38 PM
  #174
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
I'd move Gionta and Desharnais if possible and add more size like Stalberg and a Clowe type player. We need Galchenyuk at center. I like DD but he is the odd man out. Nashville needs some offense so they may be a destination.
In a perfect world I'd trade Desharnais to Nashville for Chet Pickard. Pickard has struggled and was loaned to Sweden. We clear cap space and get another goalie in the pipeline for Hamilton. Nashville gets an offensive player which they desperately need.

I'd also trade one of White/Moen to Cal for a pick or maybe someone like Matt DeBlouw. Edm might want one of them to improve their bottom 6. I'd rather trade Moen but I doubt White will be a Hab come draft day.

Scotianhab is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 03:55 PM
  #175
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,514
vCash: 500
This season really has been one season, now the playoffs which could be more than a half / season at 28 games. I haven't seen the Habs actually be in the driver's seat for so long, Bergevin has created a fire in the bellies of this team. If anyone was offered a bet the Habs would be fighting for first with Boston,before Jan.19th 2013. Most would have bet against the Habs if their lives depended upon the outcome. So Marc Bergevin is steering the Habs ship with the aplomb of a "Scotty Bowman or Sammy Pollock" winning attitude that pushed this team to the Top. I'm hoping that both Clowe and Clarkson both join the Habs future next season and a few more! Go Bergy Go!

S Bah is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.