HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Tinordi Time

Old
04-22-2013, 10:06 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
No there's nothing logical about assuming the loss of Emelin is the reason why we lost 4 out of 5 and allowed 25goals during that stretch. Not a single thing.
Whew then I'm sure glad I didn't say that! Anyway sorry when posters are straw-manny, smug and dismissive I see no reason to discuss further. No not a single reason.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:40 AM
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!

I really am clueless as to why Jared is not with the team these days. He did fine in his short stint. He would only get more comfortable as he plays more games. I feel like he never really looked out of place and has the speed to compete. Would rather see him in the line up instead of Weber, Kaberle and Beaulieu (although Nathan will be good in the future, Tinordi is more NHL ready for the type of game he plays).

quite comfortable with this D line-up:
Subban-Markov
Diaz-Gorges
Bouillon-Drewiske/Tinordi

Rest Markov for the next 2-3 games, put Tinordi in to see how he does playing in elevated intensity games. If he's comfortable, play him in the playoffs, if not, play Drewiske.

attachetatuque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:46 AM
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
"See that number #43, Jarred?"
"Uh... yeah."
"Hit him. Hit him hard and hit him often."
"Uh, okay. Oh, uh, boss?"
"Yeah?"
"See those other guys in the blue and white?"
"Yes."
"I'm gonna hit them all too."
this made me chuckle in the library
I can easily see this conversation happening in 2 years.

attachetatuque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:48 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I dont see why not

worst case scenario is they flame out of the playoffs (which they would have done either way probably)

on a side note,I want JT to spend the summer with Frankie Bou. He needs to add about 15-20 LBS

Bouillon is 5'8" / 198lbs, if the Cube summer ribs and coleslaw diet brought 6'6" Tinordi to the same height-weight ratio then he would tip the scales at 227lbs.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
LOL. Cuz we've seen any indication that he can do that. He's not even doing that in the AHL, but now he's gonna catch Kadri!
Oh really?

That's only the a small sample of his hits. So stop writting false statement.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:03 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Oh really?

That's only the a small sample of his hits. So stop writting false statement.
I'll admit those are good hits, and I knew that he CAN hit, but it's not like he's this trained lapdog that goes targeting other skilled forwards. He's, as I said before, good positionally and in the NHL, he's not going to be doing that. In the AHL, he'll make the hit if it's there, but he won't go targeting their Kadris (actually, maybe there is some evidence of this given they played in the AHL against each other just before the season) cuz he'll get out of position.

Thanks for the vids though, as I said, they were solid hits. I just read the reports and postings from Hamilton fans that don't peg him as being at that level yet. And again, if he had 10 games with the Habs, I'd happily have him with us. Now...missed the boat.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 01:06 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
I'll admit those are good hits, and I knew that he CAN hit, but it's not like he's this trained lapdog that goes targeting other skilled forwards. He's, as I said before, good positionally and in the NHL, he's not going to be doing that. In the AHL, he'll make the hit if it's there, but he won't go targeting their Kadris (actually, maybe there is some evidence of this given they played in the AHL against each other just before the season) cuz he'll get out of position.

Thanks for the vids though, as I said, they were solid hits. I just read the reports and postings from Hamilton fans that don't peg him as being at that level yet. And again, if he had 10 games with the Habs, I'd happily have him with us. Now...missed the boat.
I agree with you. In 6 games, Tinordi has 3 hits. Hitting in the AHL is one thing, but the NHL is much faster. I don't see him as being the answer.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 01:36 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I agree with you. In 6 games, Tinordi has 3 hits. Hitting in the AHL is one thing, but the NHL is much faster. I don't see him as being the answer.
the guy was just called up, I would be amazed if the coaching staff told him to KISS and that it was far better to play without mistakes than to take chances. Even if he does not hit along the boards, he's still our best choice to clear people out in front of the crease. At this location, his perceived inability to keep up with the faster NHL players is moot.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
It was his first NHL games + Michel Therrien was playing him on his wrong side. That's kind of hard for a young rookie.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:17 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I did not say bring him in and throw him to the wolves for the playoffs.....I said audition him one last time for the playoffs. If he sucks...go to Plan C. Back in 1971..I recall a Habs rookie being auditioned before the playoffs..ended up winning the Conn Smythe. ;-)
Kenny Dryden after six games in the regular season. That after Chicago getting T.Espo or Tony-O and LA Kings getting Rogatien Vachon, the Habs supplied teams with their second team All-Stars. Tinordi could be just that player the Habs need to punish other teams and lead them physically.

S Bah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:37 PM
habtastic

Quote:
It was his first NHL games + Michel Therrien was playing him on his wrong side. That's kind of hard for a young rookie.
No one is saying he doesn't have the capability to be the player he will SURELY be in a few years, but there's a reason they told him to KISS. That's right, he's a young rookie, reinforcing the fact that this is not the time to bring him in and tell him to do things he hasn't done at the NHL level. I'll say it again, if he had never been sent back down, MT could have done a lot more with him and he might be ready for this assignment, but this is too much to ask from him now and too much risk for the team.

Do you really think he'll step in and become Rob Blake (i.e. dishing it out + being strong positionally and not getting deked out of his pants?)

Anyone remember the first year of Komisarek? He was more of a beast AND got to play the season. It was when Komi learned to control his hits that he became effective. Then he became an all-star, then a member of truculence nation, now entertaining fans at RICOH coliseum. That last part was me just hating on the traitor (though I'm thankful we dodged that bullet).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:44 PM
sandysan

Quote:
No one is saying he doesn't have the capability to be the player he will SURELY be in a few years, but there's a reason they told him to KISS. That's right, he's a young rookie, reinforcing the fact that this is not the time to bring him in and tell him to do things he hasn't done at the NHL level. I'll say it again, if he had never been sent back down, MT could have done a lot more with him and he might be ready for this assignment, but this is too much to ask from him now and too much risk for the team.

Do you really think he'll step in and become Rob Blake (i.e. dishing it out + being strong positionally and not getting deked out of his pants?)

Anyone remember the first year of Komisarek? He was more of a beast AND got to play the season. It was when Komi learned to control his hits that he became effective. Then he became an all-star, then a member of truculence nation, now entertaining fans at RICOH coliseum. That last part was me just hating on the traitor (though I'm thankful we dodged that bullet).

I'm not sure what your expectations for him are. I certainly dont think he has to be a hit machine but he is still our best choice to clear the front of the net, and that is something he CAN do while keeping it simple.

could he get exposed as not being ready, sure he could. but you play him guarded minutes in the right situation and he can address one of the things that is currently plaguing the team. I dont think he's dramatically more exposable than wiskey or diaz and even if he is under strick orders NOT to hit, he's still at least as physical as those two.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Rickkins

Works for me... call him up....

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:52 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
If you think six regular season games on his wrong side are hard for a young rookie, then imagine the Stanley Cup playoffs.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:01 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
the guy was just called up, I would be amazed if the coaching staff told him to KISS and that it was far better to play without mistakes than to take chances. Even if he does not hit along the boards, he's still our best choice to clear people out in front of the crease. At this location, his perceived inability to keep up with the faster NHL players is moot.
Quote:
Make all the excuses you want, this kid is not yet the hitter you both envision him to be. I believe he may one day achieve the status you are already casting upon his shoulders, but I say this is not the moment to put him in. His development is slow because of the nature of his style. Maybe he lives for the pressure, maybe not. I don't think MT will cut him lose in the playoffs.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Laboeuf

Tinordi reminds me of Brayden Couburn, he's gonna be very solid don't expect offensive numbers.

Beaulieu on the other hand is very similar to Jake Gardener.

Laboeuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:38 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Make all the excuses you want, this kid is not yet the hitter you both envision him to be. I believe he may one day achieve the status you are already casting upon his shoulders, but I say this is not the moment to put him in. His development is slow because of the nature of his style. Maybe he lives for the pressure, maybe not. I don't think MT will cut him lose in the playoffs.
Therrien is waiting til the play-offs to unleash a line that will take the hockey world by storm:

Armstrong-Desharnais-Gionta
Bouillon-Gorges

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:43 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Therrien is waiting til the play-offs to unleash a line that will take the hockey world by storm:

Armstrong-Desharnais-Gionta
Bouillon-Gorges
Hide your children, hide your wives. LOOK OUT!

Old
04-22-2013, 04:51 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laboeuf View Post
Tinordi reminds me of Brayden Couburn, he's gonna be very solid don't expect offensive numbers.

we need defensive physical dman, we have subban and markov plently of offense, tinordi is the answer not bealieu

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Lozela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Tinordi could actually help the team, but he won't be as physical as some think. He's not ready to be the punishing defenceman a lot of fans are looking for. The habs could use him to clear the crease and use his long reach and shot blocking on the PK though.
Bingo

The kid looks more like a basketball player

He needs to add more muscle, work on his positioning and on his speed as well. I was not impressed with the kid.

The one i like was Pateryn. Tinordi & Beaulieu need another full season in the AHL

Lozela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:15 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozela View Post
Bingo

The kid looks more like a basketball player

He needs to add more muscle, work on his positioning and on his speed as well. I was not impressed with the kid.

The one i like was Pateryn. Tinordi & Beaulieu need another full season in the AHL
Tinordi needs to bulk up sure, but his speed and positioning were fine. He obviously isn't at the height of his potential, but he was very impressive IMO. I also agree about Pateryn.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:41 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Works for me... call him up....
The Habs just called him up.........but not until after Sunday.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laboeuf View Post

No one ever expected him to put up offensive numbers...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Et le But

Well, this is his chance to make the big team.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Whew then I'm sure glad I didn't say that! Anyway sorry when posters are straw-manny, smug and dismissive I see no reason to discuss further. No not a single reason.
Go back and read each post.
You said the loss of Emelin was a big deal because he's pretty much the leader of physicality (by far) on the team.
I then responded by saying there's a big difference between missing some physicality and being the reason for our current losing streak. I said to believe otherwise was basically ridiculous.
To which you responded ''it's more logical than ridiculous''. However, you added you agreed that he wasn't the reason for our losses.
So I specified again that no it wasn't more logical than ridiculous, and seeing how you agreed he wasn't the reason for our bad stretch I figured you'd agree with this. Seriously, I don't understand your rational here...

Matter of fact, I believe we're on the exact same page. I even said I have no problem calling up Tinordi because it's not like Weber or Drew here were doing this excellent job..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote