Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Isnt rotting in a supermax prision for the next 60-70 years a better punishment? I mean a quick humane death or a 60 year slow death......
No since he will be in PC. He will be in protective custody away from everyone else. Yes the thought of him most likely being on lockdown 23 hours a day and have minimal contact with anyone may put smiles on some peoples faces but not mine.

Ship his ass to G Bay
Execute him
Put him in prison but not in PC but in the gang module so he can get ***** mercilessly and eventually get shanked

Old
04-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
I am so incredibly sick and tired of hearing all this "false flag" ********. Like, INCREDIBLY sick and tired of it.
I have BEEN sick of them they all started barely an hour after it happened. It seems like people are so quick to think the government is out to get them or so quick to think something is fake when it doesn't really effect them at all.

People talking about

False Flag
Set Ups
CISPA
Miranda
Martial Law
Immigration

and all sorts of stuff. Like this bombing was a distraction or some sort of false flag. A lot of these people I have been talking to about this I would usually think have a good way of thinking. It's disappointing to see soo many people complain and think our government is evil. I may not love every single thing our government does but not everything that happens is some wild conspiracy.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:54 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

IMO there is no way he can be tried in a civilian court- he can't get a fair trial. For one thing the entire jury pool is tainted- everyone in the country saw what he did and rightfully loathes him for it.

If there is a trial it would have to be a military tribunal, but first he has to be declared an enemy combatant.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:55 AM
thegodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
I can see helicopters hovering over the funeral for Krystle.
Military/Police or News?

Military/Police they should be back some; News they should have more respect.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:56 AM
blackngold4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi Coastal Bawse View Post
I have BEEN sick of them they all started barely an hour after it happened. It seems like people are so quick to think the government is out to get them or so quick to think something is fake when it doesn't really effect them at all.

People talking about

False Flag
Set Ups
CISPA
Miranda
Martial Law
Immigration

and all sorts of stuff. Like this bombing was a distraction or some sort of false flag. A lot of these people I have been talking to about this I would usually think have a good way of thinking. It's disappointing to see soo many people complain and think our government is evil. I may not love every single thing our government does but not everything that happens is some wild conspiracy.
I think in a twisted way they find more comfort in the belief that the world is being controlled by puppet masters than the reality of a collection of unrelated, seemingly random events. I was starting to have an argument with one of these people Saturday and I eventually just stopped and said "you know they could show you a video of this kid dropping the bag and the bomb going off and you'd either say he works for the feds or the video was somehow doctored. You had this narrative written before the event even happened, so talking to you about it is a waste of time" and I just left the conversation.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:01 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Hey mods, would it be possible to keep all conspiracy talk and videos out of here? Still a little too raw for reading that crap. The politics board is available if people want to talk government conspiracy and other stupidities.
Thanks Mike.

Not gonna lie, I was offended probably the worst I've ever been on this board when some hooligan spouting off about conspiracies started up on us, and I told him he wasn't helping/celebrate the Toronto playoff berth. Didn't mean any disrespect at all. My post deleted, his stood. I was crushed.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I believe in some conspiracies **** I have a lot of books on the occult and conspiracies but not everything is. Claiming something is a set up or a false flag an hour after it happens with NO evidence is ridiculous.

People should spend more time trying to stop the government from restricting our internet with SOPA and CISPA.

Look into actual things like Chem Trails or Bohemian Grove.

Not call events that just happened a false flag because the suspects families say they were framed or because their former friends said they were normal.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:02 AM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
Military/Police or News?

Military/Police they should be back some; News they should have more respect.
News, I believe. Not military, that's for sure.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:03 AM
thegodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP View Post
News, I believe. Not military, that's for sure.

To bad they have no respect....

Old
04-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Thanks Mike.

Not gonna lie, I was offended probably the worst I've ever been on this board when some hooligan spouting off about conspiracies started up on us, and I told him he wasn't helping/celebrate the Toronto playoff berth. Didn't mean any disrespect at all. My post deleted, his stood. I was crushed.
I agree with Mike last night when I saw that guy on the first page post those videos I was going to respond. But I was under the influence and did not want to get an infraction so I just logged off. Good to see other people have addressed it more level headed than I would have.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Pie O My

Quote:

People talking about

False Flag
Set Ups
CISPA
Miranda
Martial Law
Immigration

just curious why you think this should be off the table. You're not interested in who sponsored them, or whether they gamed the system, and if they gamed the system then what loopholes are out there that should be looked at?

Old
04-22-2013, 11:19 AM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hed View Post
I'm not defending him, I'm defending our justice system. Murderers, rapists, child molesters, et all still have their rights when being accused of their crimes. Your rights get taken away only after due process proves your guilt. That shouldn't all change on the fly just because somebody decided to slap the word "terrorism" onto this guy's crimes. He's an American who allegedly murdered and injured other Americans, and he should be treated as such.

If they wanted to question him without Miranda using the "ticking time-bomb" clause of that public safety measure just to make sure there weren't any other bombs set to go off, then that makes perfect sense. If they want to question him without Miranda because they think they don't need his testimony to convict him anyway, then that makes sense too. Treating him as an enemy combatant and denying him of his rights just cause we all want to bang on our chests and go on about how "we" don't tolerate this ****, is just plain wrong.

I'm just as glad as anyone that this guy got caught, but seeing people with this opinion that you "lose your rights" based upon the crime of which you're being accused, is ridiculous. Yes there's strong evidence against him and yes he'll almost definitely be convicted, but news stations are not judges, nor is public opinion a jury. We have those things for a reason.

Eric Rudolph (the guy that did almost this exact thing at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996) got a lawyer for his trial and so should this guy, but because it's post-9/11 everyone is so ready and willing to throw the rules out the window because of the t-word. The ironic thing is that's exactly what terrorists want. They're using fear to get us to change our way of living, and not only are we accepting it with open arms, we're actually arguing for it ourselves. It's sad.
The rationale for treating him as an enemy combatant is not to deny him any rights, it's to ascertain whether there is an ongoing threat/conspiracy that threatens immediate future harm. You frankly have no idea what a jury will do, btw. (Has Jodi Arias been convicted yet, btw?) Federal law was affirmed most recently in 2011 to allow for the indefinite detention of even so-called "American citizens" like our innocent little 19 year old "kid" here. (And, why do we keep referring to these creeps as "kids"? They're ADULTS.) Maybe people will wake up to the fact that these are acts of treason and war against the nation once one of these "citizens" pulls off a really major act of mass destruction. God Forbid. This guy belongs in indefinite detention; you shouldn't see him anymore.

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
2014 Bruins turned me into South Shore Kings fan
Old
04-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
just curious why you think this should be off the table. You're not interested in who sponsored them, or whether they gamed the system, and if they gamed the system then what loopholes are out there that should be looked at?
A friend of mine thought it was curious newton and the boston bombings both happened close to times when Obama(or the senate) was going to talk about immigration reform.

I have my own views on immigration but this isn't the place for them

Old
04-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Pie O My

Quote:
A friend of mine thought it was curious newton and the boston bombings both happened close to times when Obama(or the senate) was going to talk about immigration reform.

I have my own views on immigration but this isn't the place for them
ahh, ok. I see where you're going.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
The rationale for treating him as an enemy combatant is not to deny him any rights, it's to ascertain whether there is an ongoing threat/conspiracy that threatens immediate future harm. You frankly have no idea what a jury will do, btw. (Has Jodi Arias been convicted yet, btw?) Federal law was affirmed most recently in 2011 to allow for the indefinite detention of even so-called "American citizens" like our innocent little 19 year old "kid" here. (And, why do we keep referring to these creeps as "kids"? They're ADULTS.) Maybe people will wake up to the fact that these are acts of treason and war against the nation once one of these "citizens" pulls off a really major act of mass destruction. God Forbid. This guy belongs in indefinite detention; you shouldn't see him anymore.
I keep referring to him as a kid b/c I refuse to use his name.

I don't see what's so hard to understand a/b the public safety exception to Miranda. It isn't like this kid got caught smoking pot in his car.

I'm w/ you, citizen or not, when it's terrorism, treat them as enemy combatants. **** knuckle #2 was an American citizen for 5 minutes. The cleric who counseled the Fort Hood shooter, born US citizen, got all the due process of a hellfire missile from a predator. (BTW, what was the last thing to go through his mind?)

Wait until it is an active cell. People have no idea how lucky we've been. Or, how lucky we just were.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Did anyone else see these clowns when the camera showed an obviously emotional fan during Sweet Caroline at the Rangers game yesterday? It happened when they were changing out a pane of glass. I noticed it when it happened, but missed the bum patting part.

In fairness, the woman was crying until it became clear she was on camera/jumbotron, and then she started jumping around like crazy and seemed happier. We all cope with things differently, but I found that whole segment to be weird.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

MetroBoston‏@MetroBOS1m
BREAKING: White House says Boston bombings suspect Tsarnaev will not be tried as an enemy combatant.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
MetroBoston‏@MetroBOS1m
BREAKING: White House says Boston bombings suspect Tsarnaev will not be tried as an enemy combatant.
Not a big surprise.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapeze11 View Post
Seems legit.

You people disgust me.
Don't quote them. Mod will delete it, and hopefully ban them from the thread.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:29 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
I love you, man!

A true fan who will always be remembered.
Old
04-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Reporting such posts helps the mods out too.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Not a big surprise.
damn. the wrong brother was taken alive. the older one wasn't a citizen, was he? unless he got in by way of the widow. I'm sure that marriage was legit.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:33 PM
JuicyJ*

It's simply a difference of opinion. There's nothing in the rules that says you cant discuss conspiracy theories. Some people believe different things. So long as it's not being used in a malicious way, they should stay.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:34 PM
CamTheMan

Thats pretty crazy...

Old
04-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicyJ View Post
It's simply a difference of opinion. There's nothing in the rules that says you cant discuss conspiracy theories. Some people believe different things. So long as it's not being used in a malicious way, they should stay.
There are plenty of other places, even within HF, to discuss that. Feel free to seek those out.

Closed Thread