HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cooke hatefest

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2013, 02:49 PM
  #126
White Goodman
smell that fitness?
 
White Goodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: England
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 50

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:00 PM
  #127
Max Power
Registered User
 
Max Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by radapex View Post
I don't laugh at those calling it reckless, just those who think it was intentional. I think the same about Subban on Staal - reckless, not intentional.
Anybody who's 100% convinced it was intentional or accidental is completely biased and should give their head a shake, period. Based on what I saw and where his skate was, I think he knew exactly what he was doing and that his next action could possibly result in an injury.

He could have also been just focused on the puck and it was a total accident. Just like many of the other coincidental injuries he's caused to star players

Joking aside there is no way to know. I would really hope he did not do it on purpose, but my gut and his history all point to yes. Note that when I say do it on purpose I just mean bring his skate down with a bit a weight against Ks leg in hope to hurt him a bit. Not purposely cause that exact injury

Anyways I just want a win tonight. Guys like Cook will get their own at some point

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:06 PM
  #128
radapex
Registered User
 
radapex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada, Eh
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
Anybody who's 100% convinced it was intentional or accidental is completely biased and should give their head a shake, period. Based on what I saw and where his skate was, I think he knew exactly what he was doing and that his next action could possibly result in an injury.

He could have also been just focused on the puck and it was a total accident. Just like many of the other coincidental injuries he's caused to star players

Joking aside there is no way to know. I would really hope he did not do it on purpose, but my gut and his history all point to yes. Note that when I say do it on purpose I just mean bring his skate down with a bit a weight against Ks leg in hope to hurt him a bit. Not purposely cause that exact injury

Anyways I just want a win tonight. Guys like Cook will get their own at some point
Cooke's NHL career could very well be done after this season anyone. It's speculated that the Penguins have no intention of re-signing him, and I can't see anyone else giving him a contract at this point.

radapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:10 PM
  #129
Max Power
Registered User
 
Max Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by radapex View Post
Cooke's NHL career could very well be done after this season anyone. It's speculated that the Penguins have no intention of re-signing him, and I can't see anyone else giving him a contract at this point.
Hopefully you are right. I can see some dumb GM bringing him in though. There always has to be one guy that makes this kind of mistake

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:11 PM
  #130
Quo
...
 
Quo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by radapex View Post
Cooke's NHL career could very well be done after this season anyone. It's speculated that the Penguins have no intention of re-signing him, and I can't see anyone else giving him a contract at this point.
Now that's interesting. Has he really been that ineffective in his role this year or they just sick of dealing with his rep?

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:11 PM
  #131
madinsomniac
Registered User
 
madinsomniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
A question I have for Penguins fans:

You've all laughed at Sens fans for even suggesting Cooke would do this on purpose, despite Cooke already targeting Karlsson one other time and having a history of intentionally trying to injure players. However, in threads regarding Subban, a lot of you guys like to believe he intentionally used his skate to cut Jordan Staal in game one of the 2010 playoffs. The ones that don't, a lot fault Subban for being too reckless in this regard.

So my question is how can your fanbase say Subban did this on purpose or was at least reckless on the play, yet in a similar incident with Cooke (who actually has a reputation), you laugh at a fanbase for thinking the same?
Some pens fans say that, not all of them... Some say that Crosby's two headshots were intentional. Some believe in Bigfoot too, I am sure. Take a look at all the hits that have knocked out our superstars the past 3 years... some fans are up in arms over it, but most realize its a hard hitting fast game and injuries happen.

madinsomniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:14 PM
  #132
madinsomniac
Registered User
 
madinsomniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
Now that's interesting. Has he really been that ineffective in his role this year or they just sick of dealing with his rep?
The problem is price, along with wanting to resign other players... If it is a choice between Dupruis or Cooke.... well that isnt taking much thought...

madinsomniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:17 PM
  #133
radapex
Registered User
 
radapex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada, Eh
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
Now that's interesting. Has he really been that ineffective in his role this year or they just sick of dealing with his rep?
He's been alright, but he's noticeably slower and less physical. I think the rep is definitely a factor in it, though.

radapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:19 PM
  #134
MrBrightside
Registered User
 
MrBrightside's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Franklin Park, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
A question I have for Penguins fans:

You've all laughed at Sens fans for even suggesting Cooke would do this on purpose, despite Cooke already targeting Karlsson one other time and having a history of intentionally trying to injure players. However, in threads regarding Subban, a lot of you guys like to believe he intentionally used his skate to cut Jordan Staal in game one of the 2010 playoffs. The ones that don't, a lot fault Subban for being too reckless in this regard.

So my question is how can your fanbase say Subban did this on purpose or was at least reckless on the play, yet in a similar incident with Cooke (who actually has a reputation), you laugh at a fanbase for thinking the same?
I think it has a lot to do in both cases with who was involved. Tyler Myers blew out Geno's knee two years ago on an awkward hit, yet no one really ever says anything about it...but Subban is an obnoxious, dirty player, so many jump to the conclusion it was a dirty play. Had this incident involved, say, Pascal Dupuis or Tanner Glass, and had the exact same incident occurred, I don't think most of you would be assuming this to have been intentional. Not saying you wouldn't be miffed about it, but I don't think there would be this completely over-the-top reaction about it.

But maybe I'm wrong.

MrBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:20 PM
  #135
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by radapex View Post
He's been alright, but he's noticeably slower and less physical. I think the rep is definitely a factor in it, though.
I thought Cooke was a really good player? Kind of like Ribero where their antics get them notoriety and no one cares how good they are. I swore last time I watched he was godly on the pk.

I want the Sens to get revenge, but only when Karlsson is in the lineup.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:29 PM
  #136
TeamRenzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by radapex View Post
Cooke's NHL career could very well be done after this season anyone. It's speculated that the Penguins have no intention of re-signing him, and I can't see anyone else giving him a contract at this point.
Cooke is a good hockey player, if Pitt doesn't sign someone else will.

TeamRenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:39 PM
  #137
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 27,046
vCash: 248
Is Karlsson playing tonight ? I heard he was skating.

Also does Karlsson think cooke cut him on purpose ?

__________________
"Bergeron...Bergeron !!!"
Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:43 PM
  #138
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 11,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
Is Karlsson playing tonight ? I heard he was skating.

Also does Karlsson think cooke cut him on purpose ?
No he's not, so most likely Thursday or Saturday.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:54 PM
  #139
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
I thought Cooke was a really good player? Kind of like Ribero where their antics get them notoriety and no one cares how good they are. I swore last time I watched he was godly on the pk.

I want the Sens to get revenge, but only when Karlsson is in the lineup.
Should have gotten revenge the night it happened...

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:42 PM
  #140
Pelican Peach Pen
BTR-ATL Pen
 
Pelican Peach Pen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: LA & GA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
I think the intent of ANY hockey player is to administer enough pain to make another player either not be able to come back for their next shift or not come back as hard for their next shift.

Cooke has a history, but every player who has hit someone has one.

I do think his intent was to hit Karlsson to make him think about it the next time he went into a board battle .... as it should be for any player.

And although I can understand the Boston fans chiming in here, they seem to forget that Savard came back and played AFTER Cooke hit him. Matt Hunwick ENDED his career.

Pelican Peach Pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 04:07 PM
  #141
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican Peach Pen View Post
I think the intent of ANY hockey player is to administer enough pain to make another player either not be able to come back for their next shift or not come back as hard for their next shift.

Cooke has a history, but every player who has hit someone has one.

I do think his intent was to hit Karlsson to make him think about it the next time he went into a board battle .... as it should be for any player.

And although I can understand the Boston fans chiming in here, they seem to forget that Savard came back and played AFTER Cooke hit him. Matt Hunwick ENDED his career.
He played, but was nowhere close to the player he once was. Cooke pretty much turned his brain into mashed potatoes.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.