HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Ryane Clowe vs the East

Old
04-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
Lol at Parros. He isn't even a great fighter. Without that stache nobody would even know who he is.
Parros has tuned up a lot of legit heavies.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 01:48 PM
TennisMenace

Well Fraser had no problem with Clowe, so I don't think the Leafs or Bruins are quaking in their skates.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Duffman955

Clowe is a great fighter, but the East is much tougher than the west.

He isn't intimidating anyone and he will have his hands full if he goes after heavies.

He couldn't beat Fraser, who is the leafs 3rd best fighter

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Clowe is a great fighter, but the East is much tougher than the west.

He isn't intimidating anyone and he will have his hands full if he goes after heavies.

He couldn't beat Fraser, who is the leafs 3rd best fighter
Hes not been very good at anything this year..including fighting. If his shoulder keeps acting up he may not fight much at all going forward. He fights best when angry...not a lot of anger in his last two fights..kind of doing it because hes expected too.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Mattb124

Clowe isn't going to show well in that staged fight garbage, but when he is emotionally engaged in a fight it is a different story.

Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:55 PM
billybudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
I don't know much about his fighting prowess coming from the West.

Which class does he fall into? how would he fare against the following:

Orr
Engelland
Thorton
Parros
Scott
Lucic
Carkner
Barch
Simmonds
Martin
Prust
Janssen
Boulton
Clarkson

etc.
He and Engelland more or less stalemate when they fight.

Don't like his chances against Lucic, Orr, Parros, Scott or Carkner.

Most of the other guys on that list I think he could handle..

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 02:18 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post

Don't like his chances against Lucic, Orr, Parros, Scott or Carkner.

I think a lot of this thread shows you how much western teams dont get well known.

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 03:38 PM
billybudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I think a lot of this thread shows you how much western teams dont get well known.

I wasn't including games in which Parros can't grab Clowe's jersey because he suited up for the game with a broken left hand.

I would think that's not something I would have had to specify, but I guess you've demonstrated that isn't the case.

So here you go

Quote:

Don't like his chances against Lucic, Orr, Parros, Scott or Carkner unless he fights them when their hands are broken.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:41 PM
newfy

Quote:
I wasn't including games in which Parros can't grab Clowe's jersey because he suited up for the game with a broken left hand.

I would think that's not something I would have had to specify, but I guess you've demonstrated that isn't the case.

So here you go
I highly doubt hes out there with a broken hand thats so bad he cant hold a jersey. Hes a fighter, if his hand is that bad he isnt in the lineup.

He could've had it broken in a spot where it didnt affect his ability to fight at all though which may be the case

Old
04-19-2013, 01:49 AM
billybudd

Quote:
I highly doubt hes out there with a broken hand thats so bad he cant hold a jersey. Hes a fighter, if his hand is that bad he isnt in the lineup.

He could've had it broken in a spot where it didnt affect his ability to fight at all though which may be the case
Shane Churla played with a broken Orbital bone and fought a guy in that game. More recently, Godard tried to do the exact same thing (Carkner, mercifully, refused the fight). Parros dressing with a broken hand (which I just looked up to verify; he broke his hand left hand roughly two weeks before this fight. this was his first game back. broken hands don't heal in 15 days) is nothing in comparison to what other enforcers do commonly.

And I don't know what the bolded is supposed to mean. You're the one who linked the video and called me out. Did you do so without watching the video you linked? Or did you just fail to notice that Parros can't close his left hand well enough to keep a grip on Clowe's jersey?

Perhaps it just indicates that too many Western Conference fans know so little about former Western conference players that they can't identify when something is obviously wrong with someone like George Parros.

Last edited by billybudd: 04-19-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old
04-19-2013, 12:10 PM
newfy

Quote:
Shane Churla played with a broken Orbital bone and fought a guy in that game. More recently, Godard tried to do the exact same thing (Carkner, mercifully, refused the fight). Parros dressing with a broken hand (which I just looked up to verify; he broke his hand left hand roughly two weeks before this fight. this was his first game back. broken hands don't heal in 15 days) is nothing in comparison to what other enforcers do commonly.

And I don't know what the bolded is supposed to mean. You're the one who linked the video and called me out. Did you do so without watching the video you linked? Or did you just fail to notice that Parros can't close his left hand well enough to keep a grip on Clowe's jersey?

Perhaps it just indicates that too many Western Conference fans know so little about former Western conference players that they can't identify when something is obviously wrong with someone like George Parros.
Broken hands can heal in 15 days lol, you can have a broken hand and it not even have an effect on what you would use it for in a fight. After 2 weeks it wouldnt be affecting him that much to be a legit excuse for taking that bad of a beating. If that were the case he wouldnt be able to grip his stick or shoot a puck.

Clowe has beat up on pretty much every light heavyweight hes fought, is close with Engelland and Engelland is close with all those guys you mentioned. Hes also tuned Parros pretty badly regardless of him having the injury excuse. It might not be the smartest bet to say Clowe would beat any of those guys but he could definitely handle all of them

Old
04-21-2013, 03:52 PM
billybudd

Quote:
Broken hands can heal in 15 days lol, you can have a broken hand and it not even have an effect on what you would use it for in a fight. After 2 weeks it wouldnt be affecting him that much to be a legit excuse for taking that bad of a beating. If that were the case he wouldnt be able to grip his stick or shoot a puck.

Clowe has beat up on pretty much every light heavyweight hes fought, is close with Engelland and Engelland is close with all those guys you mentioned. Hes also tuned Parros pretty badly regardless of him having the injury excuse. It might not be the smartest bet to say Clowe would beat any of those guys but he could definitely handle all of them
A broken hand does not heal well enough in 15 days to lift a 40 pound weight, let alone control a 200 pound human being who is trying to make you lose your grip. Normal people would be in a cast for 30 more days.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:50 PM
newfy

Quote:
A broken hand does not heal well enough in 15 days to lift a 40 pound weight, let alone control a 200 pound human being who is trying to make you lose your grip. Normal people would be in a cast for 30 more days.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Youve gotta be kidding me lol I'm in Kin and Bio, I've taken enough physiology and anatomy to make your head spin I bet. On top of that I've broken my hands three times and fought with one broken once.

So do you wanna tell me which bone Parros broke in his hand or is hand as technical as you get (just an fyi, theres 27 bones in the hand)? You also wanna tell me what kind of break he had?

For someone who thinks they know what theyre talking about you sure are making a lot of assumptions about his injury and how fast he healed. So lets hear the facts Doctor Billybud since youre so positive

Old
04-22-2013, 03:09 PM
billybudd

Quote:
Youve gotta be kidding me lol I'm in Kin and Bio, I've taken enough physiology and anatomy to make your head spin I bet. On top of that I've broken my hands three times and fought with one broken once.

So do you wanna tell me which bone Parros broke in his hand or is hand as technical as you get (just an fyi, theres 27 bones in the hand)? You also wanna tell me what kind of break he had?

For someone who thinks they know what theyre talking about you sure are making a lot of assumptions about his injury and how fast he healed. So lets hear the facts Doctor Billybud since youre so positive
I find it unlikely that anything you've typed is true, considering you not only failed to notice that a guy in a video you posted couldn't close his left hand, then tried to tell me that a broken hand heals enough in 15 days to pull a 200 pound human being around, which is not only false, but completely and utterly crazy.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:14 PM
newfy

Quote:
I find it unlikely that anything you've typed is true, considering you not only failed to notice that a guy in a video you posted couldn't close his left hand, then tried to tell me that a broken hand heals enough in 15 days to pull a 200 pound human being around, which is not only false, but completely and utterly crazy.
Thats fine dont believe it but its true, you dont have a clue what youre talking about at all and its clear. I have broken a bone in the third knuckle of my left ring finger(which is my grip hand) and fought a guy who I would wager was probably a bit more then 200 lbs. Have you ever broken any bones in your hand? I had a hairline fracture another time in my right hand in the metacarpal for my middle finger, I played hockey with it the next day. It hurt like crazy but after a week off it was fine to play with, after 2 weeks it was hardly noticeable.

A break doesnt mean anything unless you know the type of break and which actual bone it was. You cant say anything other than hand though so its pretty clear here who doesnt know what theyre talking about . Call me crazy but those are facts and you saying you dont believe anything I say to you wont change them.