Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 03:40 PM
BostonBruins92
Closer to the Sun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
they gamed the system to get citizenship, and it looks like defense attorneys might get the death penalty off the table from the get go....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...da_rights.html
TBH, I hope they blow the death penalty. Life is a harsher penalty than death in my opinion.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:42 PM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by crapeze11 View Post
TBH, I hope they blow the death penalty. Life is a harsher penalty than death in my opinion.
Especially in a prison surrounded by Townies that know what he's done. Should be fun for him if he doesn't get the death penalty.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
regardless of death penalty or not.....he wont live to see 21.
You mean in prison? Muslims will protect him, he'll be a superstar. Extra dessert and everything.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:43 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
they gamed the system to get citizenship, and it looks like defense attorneys might get the death penalty off the table from the get go....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...da_rights.html
Dershowitz might well be right. There is absolutely no telling what a jury will do and the federal procedural issues (aka "technicalities") are always in play.

From the minute they found him alive, I was hoping he'd go directly to enemy combatant status and be held in federal government custody without trial for an indefinite period of time--as is provided for by statute. Sadly, this has not happened.

We're a great country, but we too often overemphasize the exception and discriminate against the rule.

No matter what, Soderberg would've scored there.
Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Old
04-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
You mean in prison? Muslims will protect him, he'll be a superstar. Extra dessert and everything.
If he isn't going to be executed, I'd prefer for him to get life in solitary at some supermax. It should be like the Count of Monte Cristo...his only human contact is the hand that shoves his food through the door.

Edit: Or the occasional flashbang, to spice things up.

04-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I just dont think so. Ability to survive that is.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
04-22-2013, 03:46 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Isn't it pretty likely he's going to be in solitary at a federal supermax anyway? I can't imagine these big name prisoners (Moussaoui, Yousef, Richard Reid, etc.) get to mingle with each other nor with the general population, right?

Old
04-22-2013, 03:46 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
no way, they cant protect him every hour of everyday forever.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
What do you know about prison?

Old
04-22-2013, 03:47 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
Dershowitz might well be right. There is absolutely no telling what a jury will do and the federal procedural issues (aka "technicalities") are always in play.

From the minute they found him alive, I was hoping he'd go directly to enemy combatant status and be held in federal government custody without trial for an indefinite period of time--as is provided for by statute. Sadly, this has not happened.

We're a great country, but we too often overemphasize the exception and discriminate against the rule.
If a suspect is held as an enemy combatant, do the typical rights granted go out the window? Like, could they have holed him up in some windowless room with an interrogator free to treat him as he pleases (I'm imagining the interrogation scenes from Zero Dark Thirty here, for example).

Old
04-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Neely08

Quote:
People acclimate to their environment. It would be one thing if he was dodging tushy sex in the shower for the rest of his life. But he'll have protection by fellow muslims from that. He'll be a real superstar among that group.

Why I wanted them to pop his grape in that boat as soon as they had LOS. Save everyone the trouble. Like 8-year-old Martin Richards father and others having to testify.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:51 PM
BostonBruins92
Closer to the Sun

Quote:
People acclimate to their environment. It would be one thing if he was dodging tushy sex in the shower for the rest of his life. But he'll have protection by fellow muslims from that. He'll be a real superstar among that group.

Why I wanted them to pop his grape in that boat as soon as they had LOS. Save everyone the trouble. Like 8-year-old Martin Richards father and others having to testify.
I'm not talking about prison "sex." I just think that the worst kind of existence, one worse than being dead, is living in a cell alone for the rest of your life with nothing to dream for or aspire to. It is literally rotting alive.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Lives could very well be saved with this guy being forced to tell what he knows.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Do people actually think when he is sent to prison he is going to just be a regular guy in regular prison in a cell?

Old
04-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
If a suspect is held as an enemy combatant, do the typical rights granted go out the window? Like, could they have holed him up in some windowless room with an interrogator free to treat him as he pleases (I'm imagining the interrogation scenes from Zero Dark Thirty here, for example).
Not anymore. Army field manual.

The difference now is he could have been questioned indefinitely, and would have had a military tribunal.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Lives could very well be saved with this guy being forced to tell what he knows.
Didn't we just go through this?

Old
04-22-2013, 03:57 PM
stick9

Quote:
I'm not talking about prison "sex." I just think that the worst kind of existence, one worse than being dead, is living in a cell alone for the rest of your life with nothing to dream for or aspire to. It is literally rotting alive.
BINGO! Death is too easy for POS's like this.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:58 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
No one can really say for certain what happens when in custody but it's probably a far cry from the three hots and a cot he'd get in a typical federal facility. Enemy combatants are basically handed over to a military component, for "eventual" prosecution in a military proceeding--though no limits on how long the detention could last. Some consider detention to be acceptable for as long as the "war or conflict" lasts, so you could argue that he could be detained for as long as the War on Terrorism lasts...

No one can say for sure if holding centers still exist on US soil, but typically such treasonous dogs, whether or not U.S. citizens, can be held at Gitmo.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:01 PM
BaBaBruins
Tuukka Time.

If he does not get the death penalty I do not believe he will be protected in prison by anyone.

There is a common code in prison that if you commit any crime against a child you are not to be respected in any way, as a matter of fact you are to be disrespected as much as possible.

Now, with that being said.....

Chances are if he is not executed he will spend the rest of his life in a Federal prison alone in a cell for 23 hours a day.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:03 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Total speculation here, but does anybody know why these two idiots drove to Watertown in the first place?

Only reason this piques my interest is because I was reading the Wikipedia page about the attempted bombing of Times Square in 2010 and noticed the following:

Quote:
On May 13, investigators searched several locations in the northeastern U.S. They detained three Pakistani men. Two, cousins who were living at a house in Watertown, Massachusetts, were Brookline, Massachusetts, gas station attendant Aftab Ali Khan (27 years old at the time, who was set to fly from the U.S. to Pakistan the day he was arrested, and whose visa had expired six months prior) and Boston-area cabdriver Pir Kahn (43 at the time). The two denied knowing Shahzad, but a search of their home found an envelope with Shahzad’s surname and phone number among Aftab Ali Khan's belongings. Shahzad's name and number were also found in a cell phone believed to belong to Aftab Ali Khan. The third man detained was Mohammad Shafiq Rahman, a 33-year-old computer programmer living in South Portland, Maine. He had known Shahzad in the past, lived in Connecticut a few years prior, and went to Maine in approximately 2008.[54][55][56][57] They were detained on immigration, not criminal, charges.[58] The FBI also conducted searches at a gas station in the nearby town of Brookline, in Camden and Cherry Hill, New Jersey, and in Centereach and Shirley, New York, on Long Island.[59][59][60] U.S. Attorney General Holder said there was evidence the men had provided money to Shahzad through an informal money transfer network (known as a hawala), but it was not yet clear if they were aware of the bombing plot.[61][62][63]
I'm sure it's a random coincidence, but still interesting to note.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Neely08

How many books has this guy written from prison?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumia_Abu-Jamal

Like I said, people acclimate to their environments.

Not enough beds to keep child molesters and rapists in prison.

Rather he have to anticipate getting the needle w/ a wad of cotton shoved up his ass.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:08 PM
bp13

Quote:
1. This feels like the kind of thing one could never know, and thus it often acts as a convenient assumption for anti-death penalty folks (not at all suggesting this is your bent).

2. I'm with you on the idea that I want his existence to be the worst one possible, filled with pain, regret and mental and physical anguish the likes of which you wouldn't want to imagine. I just don't want my taxes going towards it if you can't guarantee it. Guarantee it and I'm sold.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:11 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
1. This feels like the kind of thing one could never know, and thus it often acts as a convenient assumption for anti-death penalty folks (not at all suggesting this is your bent).
Isn't the idea of what happens after death one really big assumption?

Old
04-22-2013, 04:11 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
To be honest, I doubt he says a thing. Guy's gonna get life or death and is a terrorist. What's his reason to give in?

Don't want to sound depressing but doubt he's got much reason to do as asked.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevHortonHeat View Post
If he does not get the death penalty I do not believe he will be protected in prison by anyone.

There is a common code in prison that if you commit any crime against a child you are not to be respected in any way, as a matter of fact you are to be disrespected as much as possible.

Now, with that being said.....

Chances are if he is not executed he will spend the rest of his life in a Federal prison alone in a cell for 23 hours a day.
Exactly. Why do people think pedos and rapists are in PC? Criminals do have a code. Even if this little **** is in PC he can get murdered if someone REALLY wants him.

Closed Thread