HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester Amerks / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed. II (Marlies win series 3-0)

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 11:37 AM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Only if those players were on the Amerks playoff roster on the day of the NHL trade deadline. Flynn, Pysyk and Adam were sent down, then recalled right away.
That rule really sucks.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
No to the bolded. Pysyk and Flynn are eligible because the Sabres used 2 of their 4 post-deadline recalls on them, Hodgson and Foligno are not. I don't think Ruhwedel can play in the AHL this season either, but I'm not CBA-savvy enough to be sure.
under what rule?? they played for rochester during the lockout because they had eligibility to play for them. I dont see why they now cant.

If Ruhwedel can't play in the AHL I'd like to see an explanation.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post

Also, has Cat been as good as his statline? He's quietly been one of my favorite prospects in the system.
I'm wondering this as well. I think Cat has an outside chance of making the big show as early as next season. Not straight out of camp, but an injury call up who sticks. The Sabres have lacked speed for years. Cat has elite speed. He can skate with anyone. He's also responsible defensively and has some offensive upside. He works hard and competes. He can be serviceable early in his career.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:03 PM
sabrefan27

Catenacci looked pretty good Saturday. But it was against the worst team in the league that looked like they didn't want to be there.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Djp

Quote:
Only if those players were on the Amerks playoff roster on the day of the NHL trade deadline. Flynn, Pysyk and Adam were sent down, then recalled right away.
that is a weird rule----

What if the player was on emergency recall with the NHL club?

What if the AHL team is short of players due to injuries?

With Pardy---I am not sure if he was an emergency recall or a regular recall. Under a regular recall he is exposed to waivers when sent down. Emergency recall may have expired just like Porter's did because of some game/days threshold was met....thus automatically turning it into a regular recall and thus the player would get exposed to waivers to be sent down.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Djp

Quote:
Catenacci looked pretty good Saturday. But it was against the worst team in the league that looked like they didn't want to be there.
With him playing for Rochester is he limited in the number of games he can play?

Or--in his contract its 3 years starting next year+ games played in Rochester/Buffalo after junior year over?

Old
04-22-2013, 12:06 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 310
Looks like no Corey Tropp for the first round.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - #Amerks news from today's optional skate: Very doubtful that RW Corey Tropp (tendinitis in knee) will play in the first round.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - The issues for #Amerks RW Corey Tropp aren't an indication there is a reinjury to his knee, coach Chadd Cassidy said. Just lacks strength.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - #Amerks coach Chadd Cassidy said "everything in there is where it needs to be" in regard to ACL repair in Corey Tropp's knee.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - The tendinitis issue for #Amerks RW Corety Tropp is byproduct of the sudden exertion and stress from his return to game action on March 29.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
I'm wondering this as well. I think Cat has an outside chance of making the big show as early as next season. Not straight out of camp, but an injury call up who sticks. The Sabres have lacked speed for years. Cat has elite speed. He can skate with anyone. He's also responsible defensively and has some offensive upside. He works hard and competes. He can be serviceable early in his career.
My feeling ---depending on moves made this offseason----Catenacci, Gigenson, and Larsson will be part of the Sabres at the start of 14/15. With all 3 I look at them as post new years call ups unless injuries happen resulting in them getting called up sooner. With call ups they will rotate it among those players giving them each a taste of the NHL.

Buffalo could still have the same issues as last year with players that cant get set down without clearing waivers.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:20 PM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
With him playing for Rochester is he limited in the number of games he can play?

Or--in his contract its 3 years starting next year+ games played in Rochester/Buffalo after junior year over?
His contract will slide.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxSabre View Post
Looks like no Corey Tropp for the first round.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - #Amerks news from today's optional skate: Very doubtful that RW Corey Tropp (tendinitis in knee) will play in the first round.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - The issues for #Amerks RW Corey Tropp aren't an indication there is a reinjury to his knee, coach Chadd Cassidy said. Just lacks strength.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - #Amerks coach Chadd Cassidy said "everything in there is where it needs to be" in regard to ACL repair in Corey Tropp's knee.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - The tendinitis issue for #Amerks RW Corety Tropp is byproduct of the sudden exertion and stress from his return to game action on March 29.
Not unexpected -- the issue with rehab on this injury is strength. Just glad it isn't a case of him damaging the rebuild directly -- shut him down.

04-22-2013, 01:51 PM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

Will Rolston coach the Amerks on Saturday?

Old
04-22-2013, 02:10 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 310
Heres a link to an article by Kevin O about Corey Tropp being doubtful for the first round of the playoffs plus some notes on Flynn/Pysyk and Beattie - http://blogs.democratandchronicle.com/kevino/?p=4445

Last edited by LaxSabre: 04-22-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old
04-22-2013, 02:29 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Will Rolston coach the Amerks on Saturday?
No, why would he?

Old
04-22-2013, 02:35 PM
joshjull

Ok Amerk fans lets have your best guesses for lines and d-pairs for the playoffs

Old
04-22-2013, 03:56 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Ok Amerk fans lets have your best guesses for lines and d-pairs for the playoffs
Very difficult considering Chadddd puts together ridiculous lines, but I'd like to see maybe something like this:

Flynn - Grigorenko - Mancari
Rissmiller - Larsson - Girgensons
Catenacci - Varone - Adam
Tarnasky - Ellis - McCormick

Pysyk - Biega
Crawford - Schiestel
Bailen - Mackenzie

The Ellis line matches up against the other teams top line and the other 3 should be able to produce offense.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Mergus merganser

So Grigs, who hasn't played a single AHL game this season, is eligible, but Pardy isn't? Color me confused. Grigs was never on the AHL roster, how can he be eligible?

Darcy was wrong about the # of games for his UFA years, maybe he is wrong about his AHL eligibility?

Old
04-22-2013, 04:41 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
I thought Girgensons is playing center now...

Old
04-22-2013, 04:48 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus merganser View Post
So Grigs, who hasn't played a single AHL game this season, is eligible, but Pardy isn't? Color me confused. Grigs was never on the AHL roster, how can he be eligible?

Darcy was wrong about the # of games for his UFA years, maybe he is wrong about his AHL eligibility?
There are 2 factors here:
1. The playoff roster (for the AHL) is due today, I believe. I don't know but I'm guessing a player has to be on that to be eligible to play? Again, don't know.
2. The difference between a player like Grigs and then Pardy is Grigs was "called up" after the NHL trade deadline. I believe that makes him eligble to be "sent down". I don't think (not 100% sure still) it matters which league the player is called up/sent down. It's an NHL rule, not an AHL rule.

The question I have, though, is whether or not a player can be on the AHL playoff roster but still in Buffalo. Meaning, do they have to be with the Amerks to be on that list.

edit: Our old friend wildcat claims the Clear day roster still exists, but the deadline for it is now today (day after regular season) -- http://www.ahlfans.net/forums/index....rosters/?p=283

Last edited by vcv: 04-22-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old
04-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus merganser View Post

there is a JR exception to the rule.....if the CHL team is eliminated from the playoffs or regular season is over then the player can play for his team AHL affiliates ...there is no roster rules with this when coming from the junior club.

It is different rule if he were on the NHL club.

IMO---I dislike the CHL exclusivity. I feel the teams 1st and 2nd round picks can play whereever their team feels they should play. i also believe the NHL club could force the CHL team to trade their player to a different JR club...if they want to pool some future talent on one club.

The NHL was actually wrong---Darcy wasnt the only one who screwed upo on game counts.

The issue was interpreted as number of games played--- BUt actually its the number of games on the active 23 man roster. This is what got him and another player (I think it was Matteau of NJ). Many reporters were even wrong on this rule of eligibility.

As forPardy...his is different. He had to clear waivers to be sent down originally to rochester. I think he was called up under emergency recall (which exempts waivers to be sent back down).

Im not sure which reason it was----as others have said they sent down some players to Rochester to get them on the playoff roster then called them up. They left a move just in case they needed to call someone else up.

Pardy may have been on the club long enough for the emergency recall to expire --thus he needs to clear waivers to return to rochester. the same thing happened with Porter. Because Porter was called up something like 30 days or 10 games on emergency recall it reverts to regular recall thus waiver rules apply.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
There are 2 factors here:
1. The playoff roster (for the AHL) is due today, I believe. I don't know but I'm guessing a player has to be on that to be eligible to play? Again, don't know.
2. The difference between a player like Grigs and then Pardy is Grigs was "called up" after the NHL trade deadline. I believe that makes him eligble to be "sent down". I don't think (not 100% sure still) it matters which league the player is called up/sent down. It's an NHL rule, not an AHL rule.

The question I have, though, is whether or not a player can be on the AHL playoff roster but still in Buffalo. Meaning, do they have to be with the Amerks to be on that list.

edit: Our old friend wildcat claims the Clear day roster still exists, but the deadline for it is now today (day after regular season) -- http://www.ahlfans.net/forums/index....rosters/?p=283

Grigs is junior exclusive so if not with the NHL club he has to go to the CHL---cant go to the AHL. Only when CHL team is over can junior player play for AHL club (or NHL club). I think there is a rule that makes JR call up exempt from Roster rules and clear Day stuff.

This season is weird because of the strike/lockout. Normally the seasons end around the same time.

The issue I am unsure about if they player is on emergency recall does the aHL team in essence saves a spot for him on the playoff roster.

a team is I believe limited to 3 net recalls at a time except for emergency recalls. emergency recalls allows this number of recalls to exceed 3.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:04 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post

Pardy may have been on the club long enough for the emergency recall to expire --thus he needs to clear waivers to return to rochester. the same thing happened with Porter. Because Porter was called up something like 30 days or 10 games on emergency recall it reverts to regular recall thus waiver rules apply.
Pardy did not need waivers to get sent down. A simple paper transaction would have got him on the Amerks playoff roster.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:38 PM
UncleBenny

Apparently Time Warner is working on getting them on TV. They had them on last year.

Old
04-23-2013, 08:51 PM
PattyLaLa16

Ellis/Grigorenko/Mancari
Flynn/Varone/Rankin
Adam/Girgensons/Rissmiller
Tarnasky/Schofield/McCormick

ex. Legault, Roy,Catenacci

Biega/Crawford
Pysyk/Schiestel
Gauthier-Leduc/MacKenzie

ex. Bailen

Larsson will probably be out for G1

Old
04-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyLaLa16 View Post
Ellis/Grigorenko/Mancari
Flynn/Varone/Rankin
Adam/Girgensons/Rissmiller
Tarnasky/Schofield/McCormick

ex. Legault, Roy,Catenacci

Biega/Crawford
Pysyk/Schiestel
Gauthier-Leduc/MacKenzie

ex. Bailen

Larsson will probably be out for G1
I was thinking about the same wingers for Grigorenko. Two veterans that can can provide leadership.

Also, I would have to think Cassidy would have to play Legault. He has the most goals on the team since February. I wouldn't know who to take out.

Old
04-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Zip15

Does the veteran max rule apply in the playoffs?

Closed Thread