HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens vs Devils - April 23, 2013

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 01:53 PM
sharks9

vCash: 500
Habs win 2-1.... please

Old
04-22-2013, 01:59 PM
goman

I'd like to see Desharnais sit. He needs a wake up before the playoffs...

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Eller-Ryder
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Moen-Halpern-Armstrong/White

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Dias
Drewiskie-Bouillion

Old
04-22-2013, 02:08 PM
le_sean

Great, Markov and Weber pairing. Dump the puck in, Weber will always go in first, get outmuscled or turn it over trying to pass it too quickly, Markov will be well behind the play. Goal.

If DeBoer has any sense he'd have a line of Ponikarovsky - Zubrus - Clarkson to have them eat those two up. It would be absolutely embarrassing to watch.

Old
04-22-2013, 02:37 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Bouillon-Subban? Sick. Bouillon is going to continue getting 600 minutes per game.

I'm going to be very happy if Weber can keep up his level of play of late. Four guys too actually run the PP will be nice as hell.

Diaz+Subban, Markov+Weber

Old
04-22-2013, 03:42 PM
AmeriHab

Despite us playing so poorly, id love to rest Markov and cube a couple games especially against a team already out of PO and bring in the kids with the season over in Hamilton.

Subban - NB
Gorges - Tinordi
DD - Weber

Old
04-22-2013, 03:46 PM
HeShootsHeScores

I settled my mind not to care about the results until game 1 of the playoffs. Home ice or not, your team as to be better than the other team when it counts.

...Okay if they play well I'll be happy

Old
04-22-2013, 03:47 PM
la25ecoupe

So you guys have it, MT said that Chucky plays good doesn't he's gonna get more icetime.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:50 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Despite us playing so poorly, id love to rest Markov and cube a couple games especially against a team already out of PO and bring in the kids with the season over in Hamilton.

Subban - NB
Gorges - Tinordi
DD - Weber
If you wanna rest Markov, bring in Tinordi or Drewiskie and just play a different kind of game. Admittedly it will be one where our PP depends on Diaz, LJV and Subban (not the worst possible scenario), but I'd rather play guys who might have to play in the playoffs.

NB can go hit another bong. (I'm still infuriated with his molasses-slow icing touch up and thinking he's stealing the Norris from PK and then giving it up to the forechecker just through sheer laziness. Gonna be amazing player, but his work ethic is pathetic ATM.)

Old
04-22-2013, 03:52 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
So you guys have it, MT said that Chucky plays good doesn't he's gonna get more icetime.
Confused... Is that sentence missing an "if" and does it mistakenly have "doesn't"?

Old
04-22-2013, 04:18 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverBFP View Post
(Hypothèse) MT is playing bourque on pleks line and not Ryder because they're not resigning him (Ryder) net year.

Bulldogs getting called up later today, I sure hope Tinner takes LJV's spot beside markov.

-
You have Ryder this year and you want to win. You play him.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:22 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
You have Ryder this year and you want to win. You play him.
+1

This is ridiculous. Bourque has been horrrrrrrrrrrrible (I want to use more 'r's) since coming back. Ryder is so much better than him. If we combined their skating and shooting/finishing...then maybe we'd have something. Rourque. (Mickey is a pretty tough dude too.)

Old
04-22-2013, 04:27 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Bouillon-Subban? Sick. Bouillon is going to continue getting 600 minutes per game.
This is the exact reason I hated the Bouillon signing, and the Bouillon extension as well. He's not a bad player but he's getting overplayed by Therrien. ****ing Bouillon.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Takashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Agreed, Drewiske hasn't been that bad and Therrien had all year to play Weber and didn't...
Geez, when Therrien doesn't let a chance and play Weber, you guys complain. And now that he plays you guys still complain ...

Old
04-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Weber had 1 good game.

If you throw **** at a wall it's eventually going to stick, but no, continue to play a d group that's small and softer than warm butter.

Will Desharnais ever be punished ? I think Ryder was. They're both the same type of player. If they're not producing they're both completely ****ing useless.

Though, this team being terrible as of late isn't just because of those 2. It's a whole group effort. Mainly on the d and Price. Price needs to give us a save and the D need to actually cover someone.

New Jersey will probably beat on us.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:42 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 364
Quote:

I'm going to be very happy if Weber can keep up his level of play of late. Four guys too actually run the PP will be nice as hell.

Diaz+Subban, Markov+Weber
Finally some real PP players for the point

Old
04-22-2013, 04:43 PM
habtastic

I really wonder if Drewiskie hasn't shown us all that he can do. His first 2-3 games were actually pretty good, but that was bottom pairing. After that I think it was a domino effect. I hated him on that 2 on 1 where he was crouching tiger, hidden defenseman. We're talking a lot about Tinordi, but why not about what Drewiskie could do? Tinordi was was asked to do far less than Drewiskie, not sure why (apart from hope for a surprise rookie performance) he's believed to be able to be a punishing D man, but Drewiskie can't be the solid positional guy if he actually plays well. Kings fans all say that he's very reliable. Maybe he hasn't had his chance to shine yet.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 300
As a B's fan I come in peace but it seems like a lot of Laffs fans want to play you guys and from what I read on your forum it seems you don't want to play them either, but tbh it looks like the Islanders might pass Toronto for the 4th spot and it looks like the Rangers might end up passing Ottawa for the 7th spot. Whats the chances this happens you guys think?

EDIT: PS as a B's fan I don't want to play scumquist! Jk sorry Lundy.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinswillwin77 View Post
As a B's fan I come in peace but it seems like a lot of Laffs fans want to play you guys and from what I read on your forum it seems you don't want to play them either, but tbh it looks like the Islanders might pass Toronto for the 4th spot and it looks like the Rangers might end up passing Ottawa for the 7th spot. Whats the chances this happens you guys think?

At this point, we'd probably get our ***** kicked by our own AHL squad that finished last. They get saves and they're tougher.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Comfortably Numb
Dream Theater

Quote:

Yeah, we've been playing bad against them, but lately we've been playing bad against everybody so.. I'd like if we face the Rangers or the Islanders and I'd like the Bruins to play the Leafs, that series would be great, I don't know if you guys want to face them 'tho!

Old
04-22-2013, 06:19 PM

Sit Moen until the playoffs.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
This is the exact reason I hated the Bouillon signing, and the Bouillon extension as well. He's not a bad player but he's getting overplayed by Therrien. ****ing Bouillon.
Therrien loves Bouillon too much. I'm sure Bouillon got extended because of Therrien too.

When will this team get rid of the manlets? Gallagher and Plekanec should be our only manlets.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:23 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Ryder with Pleks and Gionta and Bourque (Eller & Galchenyuk) at his natural RW position would make too much sense.

I would say Ryder with Galchenyuk is a promotion, offensively, considering how much damage Chuckie has done lately.. but we all know he'll be limited to 10 minutes anyway.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:30 PM
MXD

I fully expect Moen to be scratched. Unless Prust gets a game off.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Ryder with Pleks and Gionta and Bourque (Eller & Galchenyuk) at his natural RW position would make too much sense.

I would say Ryder with Galchenyuk is a promotion, offensively, considering how much damage Chuckie has done lately.. but we all know he'll be limited to 10 minutes anyway.
Ryder-Galchenyuk doesn't really work. Ryder needs linemates that can retrieve pucks in the corners. Galchenyuk is more of a counter-attack guy.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:57 PM
habtastic

Quote:

Reasons I don't want to play the leafs:

1) They great FREAKISHLY lucky, both on shots, bounces and Reimer. Even when he makes saves, he looks like he barely made them, sort of like the reverse of calm (good) Price.

2) Our team is quick, but IMO their fwds are also very quick and go cross crease very well. Right now, we have trouble defending that.

3) Right now our D cannot penetrate to ANYBODY's net, it's all perimeter play and the leafs in particular make it hard to do so. Their PK is very good.

4) Since it will the the series to end all series (rd1!), I'd rather play them later. I have moved to Toronto for quite some time and it would be like playing the bruins for the first time in ~40 years if living in Boston, but if you add the same level of dislike. Some Habs fans don't dislike the Leafs and their fans. Again, I've lived in and around Toronto for a decade. Different story. We ARE rivals.

---

All this doesn't matter if we go back to playing the way we were before. We were the better team, but stopped playing like it. We HAD the better goalie by far, but he has disappeared big time. Our coach used to seem to know what to do and to not be a repeat of our old coaches who made huge mistakes over and over - their coach looks like he knows what he's doing. We just have to find ourselves and then playing the leafs will be terrific, but you've seen how it is for us. I hope we, like you, can find our winning ways again. I doubt we play the isles. Only way we don't play Toronto is if you guys lose a couple and we win out.

BTW, I don't buy into this toughness thing as it applies to individuals. I was at the game when we beat them and we were dominating the **** out of them. It's team toughness, which includes mental toughness that matters. If you can play as a unit and have maximum effort like you've probably noticed Gallagher give - that's how you beat them.

Closed Thread