Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Still View Post
Things to note: He IS an "official" US citizen. He may be tried as a terrorist, but he is still a citizen.

As much as I want him to be "expired", I want him to have his due process. I cannot imagine ANY scenario that could find him free on all counts. He is facing more charges that he could count. Books worth of them. Think of all the laws he broke, in multiple places and against multiple people and establishments.

Once he is officially sentenced, he could stay at one of our fine establishments:
Walpole, Concord, etc. with the fine selection of criminals therein.

Now, just imagine for a moment, how horrible these places are; FILLED with REALLY bad people that have done unimaginable things to get where they are. Now, here comes a skinny little 19 year old teenager, that has killed innocent children and people. He won't last more than a year. If he does, he'll be begging for execution.

This is such a horrible situation for everyone. There are no winners in anyway. If there was ever a case for time travel....
He certainly wouldn't be at MCI-Concord; that's an L4 prison. It would be either Cedar Junction (aka Walpole) or Souza at Shirley.

...then again, it's a Fed case, so it's a moo* point.

04-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
You have to have a rifle permit, and a background check.

They had neither. Nor a handgun permit.
So it would seem they had some connection/help.

04-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

IDK about Boston but getting an illegal gun is easy if you have the $ and really want it

Old
04-22-2013, 06:32 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
They should mine him for all the info they can then shove apipe bomb up his ass and sell the video on pay per view. Then give the proceeds to the people who lost limbs in this.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Not uncommon. If you want drugs, they can be found. If you want firearms, and are willing to break the law, they can be had, too. Why the gun debate politics have no place. Mass already has an assault weapons ban.

More concerned w/ what the older one was doing in Russia, and w/ who. Who was paying for the Mercedes wagon? Who was paying for Umass? If they weren't getting help, they were probably dealing drugs. At least one of his friends commented that he'd never expect someone who smoked that much pot to be involved in terrorism.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Sir Richard 37
311 Has Grassroots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I don't think they were acquired legally, but from the accounts it seems like there were several. HOW did they get them...WHO sold to them, and HOW did they fund them?

You can buy anything you want nowadays...as long as you have the $$ and the connections. Those are the two things I'm interested in.
How much do we officially know about the firearms they were using? Asking because I haven't seen much.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Richard 37 View Post
How much do we officially know about the firearms they were using? Asking because I haven't seen much.
I'm still on information overload so I don't know for sure, but it definitely sounds like they had a ******** of firepower and that it was more than your standard shotgun.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Not uncommon. If you want drugs, they can be found. If you want firearms, and are willing to break the law, they can be had, too. Why the gun debate politics have no place. Mass already has an assault weapons ban.

More concerned w/ what the older one was doing in Russia, and w/ who. Who was paying for the Mercedes wagon? Who was paying for Umass? If they weren't getting help, they were probably dealing drugs. At least one of his friends commented that he'd never expect someone who smoked that much pot to be involved in terrorism.
Yeah, that's a major question. We need to get a US cop over there to go all Gorky Park on this.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Yeah, that's a major question. We need to get a US cop over there to go all Gorky Park on this.
Don't have to, Russians seem to already know he was bad news.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Don't have to, Russians seem to already know he was bad news.
Saying there would be hell to pay if his son dies probably wasn't wise, for the father. That sounds awfully like a threat.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:50 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

My feeling is he was a dealer. Supposedly his best friend and a couple other guys got slit ear to ear in a Waltham apartment a few years back, and there was a ton of weed at the scene.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:51 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Not if you go to a gun show, or the right state.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

Just a thought, folks.

Can we not flame the people who come here and point out the validity about the suspect having rights? I get that everyone's emotional and we want to see this ******* get what's coming to him. I don't think anyone thinks otherwise.

Like it or not though, it's the law of this country that everyone is entitled to certain rights. Yes, he passed his own judgement on innocent people, and for that he is gonna lose his freedom at the very least. If it irks you that he's entitled to due process, I get it. But flaming other people here isn't gonna change that. Write your Congresspeople...they've got a lot more power to do something about it than you or I do.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:55 PM
qc
Dare to Dream

vCash: 69
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned as I've been out of the loop intentionally with this case since we got the lil ****er.

I heard that the older brother may have been involved with that unsolved triple homicide a few years back, the one involving slashed throats and marijuana. The older bro was apparently best friends with one of the victims, but didn't show up at funerals or services following the murder, and fell off the face of the earth basically. It's really weird too because of him mentioning how he has no American friends in that interview.. yet he referred to one of these 3 victims as his "best friends" on multiple other occasions.. Not sure how much water it carries, but this board has had solid info on the whole case, so I thought someone here may know. Thanks.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:59 PM
LyricalLyricist

Anyone think he'll actually give up info? Don't know what FBI has to offer him to sway his decision.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:03 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Anyone think he'll actually give up info? Don't know what FBI has to offer him to sway his decision.
I think he will talk.

If he gives up everything, they could take the death penalty off the table. That is also assuming he knows anything. If his brother was the ring leader, he might not know much at all.....

Old
04-22-2013, 07:09 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
If he gives up information perhaps regarding bigger and more intricate terrorist cell activity and it proves to be fruitful, then I could see a defense attorney trying to use that in order to get the death penalty taken off the table. Little fish, big pond, ect.

Who knows what this kid knows though.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Fire Julien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstanley View Post
Yes they have rights to kill innocent people ......maybe you should be his lawyer
Not what he said.... btw I'll bet my house he doesn't get the same treatment as this guy, yet there won't be any outrage.

http://www.newser.com/story/166654/u...ow-troops.html

Old
04-22-2013, 07:16 PM
HumBucker
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I'm sure you can find out how to build a bomb rather easily, but it's not like making a freaking souffle.

Guns, grenades, etc. I'm still not buying they were totally off the reservation by themselves.
Weren't the bombs made out of pressure cookers and filled with nails and whatnot? These things are ordinary items easy to buy anywhere. I don't know about grenades, I thought they had pipe bombs.

I don't know how easy these things are to make, but I don't think you need to be a genius. Just very careful.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:16 PM
SFKingshomer

Still feel terrible about the situation and feel it could have been avoided.

Last edited by TP: 04-22-2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: mod
Old
04-22-2013, 07:18 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr q View Post
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned as I've been out of the loop intentionally with this case since we got the lil ****er.

I heard that the older brother may have been involved with that unsolved triple homicide a few years back, the one involving slashed throats and marijuana. The older bro was apparently best friends with one of the victims, but didn't show up at funerals or services following the murder, and fell off the face of the earth basically. It's really weird too because of him mentioning how he has no American friends in that interview.. yet he referred to one of these 3 victims as his "best friends" on multiple other occasions.. Not sure how much water it carries, but this board has had solid info on the whole case, so I thought someone here may know. Thanks.
yah, really, how did investigators not just grab cell phone records, common threads on these guys- it would seem in the age of information there is plenty at the disposal- hell, the guy or guys who did it apparently knew the murder, what no fingerprints; this would really suck if it ends up being the older brother. I remember reading this and thinking you got to be ******** me they cant find this guy. I hope like hell they did really run finger prints and spoke to him and he was cleared. if they ever go back and find out he was the guy this will be beyond horrible- this dirt bag should have been doing 300 years in prison

Old
04-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumBucker View Post
Weren't the bombs made out of pressure cookers and filled with nails and whatnot? These things are ordinary items easy to buy anywhere. I don't know about grenades, I thought they had pipe bombs.

I don't know how easy these things are to make, but I don't think you need to be a genius. Just very careful.
Grenades were homemade, too. Theoretically, everything they had in terms of explosives could have been manufactured from Al-Qaida's how to manuals.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:25 PM
HumBucker
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
Just a thought, folks.

Can we not flame the people who come here and point out the validity about the suspect having rights? I get that everyone's emotional and we want to see this ******* get what's coming to him. I don't think anyone thinks otherwise.

Like it or not though, it's the law of this country that everyone is entitled to certain rights. Yes, he passed his own judgement on innocent people, and for that he is gonna lose his freedom at the very least. If it irks you that he's entitled to due process, I get it. But flaming other people here isn't gonna change that. Write your Congresspeople...they've got a lot more power to do something about it than you or I do.
Indeed. And if our response to terror is to diminish the rights and freedoms that are the foundation of democracy, then we have lost and they have won.

Old
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I used to watch propaganda videos by the LTTR on youtube I'm not a supporter of them or anything. I just found it fascinating that a terrorist organization had its own navy and air force.

Old
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I think he will talk.

If he gives up everything, they could take the death penalty off the table. That is also assuming he knows anything. If his brother was the ring leader, he might not know much at all.....
bingo! this idiot has "patsie" written all over him. they'll probably get more actionable intelligence from a$$hat #1's cellphone and laptop then anything they could ever waterboard out of a$$hat #2.

Closed Thread