HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Galchenyuk vs Seguin

View Poll Results: Who will have a better career?
Galchenyuk 114 51.82%
Seguin 106 48.18%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2013, 12:13 PM
  #126
TopShelfYzerman
Gm 6 Double OT
 
TopShelfYzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,892
vCash: 500
So HF picks Galchenyuk over Seguin
Nugent-Hopkins over Galchenyuk
Therefore HF would pick Nuge over Seguin.... Aw hell no!

TopShelfYzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:23 PM
  #127
Anth93
Registered User
 
Anth93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
Seguin if he somehow reverts back to being a C.

Otherwise, Gally.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:23 PM
  #128
Anth93
Registered User
 
Anth93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfYzerman View Post
So HF picks Galchenyuk over Seguin
Nugent-Hopkins over Galchenyuk
Therefore HF would pick Nuge over Seguin.... Aw hell no!
Seguin is a winger, people need to quit pretending he's the next Yzerman/Toews, but rather a Marian Gaborik.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:38 PM
  #129
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,927
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfYzerman View Post
So HF picks Galchenyuk over Seguin
Nugent-Hopkins over Galchenyuk
Therefore HF would pick Nuge over Seguin.... Aw hell no!
What is so farfetched about that? I'm biased but I don't see how taking RNH over Seguin is bad at all.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:41 PM
  #130
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresenceMs View Post
Seguin. More developed and can fit nicely on the rw and play center if need be.
Seguin doesn't play centre. In fact he struggled there. He's a RW.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:42 PM
  #131
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
What is so farfetched about that? I'm biased but I don't see how taking RNH over Seguin is bad at all.
I see RNH as the one of your 4 forwards with the highest potential.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:05 PM
  #132
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Neg. He cannot.



Let's see you do it in an NHL game bud. Oh right..
Explain to me how seguin could possibly forget how to play a position that got him drafted 2nd overall in the 2010 draft? Im sure seguin would transition well.... He would just need a few games to get used to it. Seguin > Galchenyuk and you cant really debate that imo.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:13 PM
  #133
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresenceMs View Post
Explain to me how seguin could possibly forget how to play a position that got him drafted 2nd overall in the 2010 draft? Im sure seguin would transition well.... He would just need a few games to get used to it. Seguin > Galchenyuk and you cant really debate that imo.
Shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. Seguin is pretty much done at center. And yes, you can most certainly debate Galchenyuk over Seguin.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:17 PM
  #134
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelfYzerman View Post
So HF picks Galchenyuk over Seguin
Nugent-Hopkins over Galchenyuk
Therefore HF would pick Nuge over Seguin.... Aw hell no!
You tried to make an "HF logic is bad" comment yet you failed.

MonkeyBusiness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:25 PM
  #135
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer
 
Bruinswillwin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hooksett, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 5,746
vCash: 300
As of this year right now Seguins a +23, and 7 more points then Gal.

Bruinswillwin77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:12 PM
  #136
BadBruins
Registered User
 
BadBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. Seguin is pretty much done at center. And yes, you can most certainly debate Galchenyuk over Seguin.
Seguin played center all throughout the 11/12 training camp. This was right after the Bruins won the cup and still had Krejc-Bergeron-Kelly-Peverley-Campbell at center. I'm sure he would've been there again if there weren't lockout and we had a real training camp. Getting shifted to center for 4 periods with very little preparation or practice wasn't a fair evaluation period (even the GM said as much). If you've ever listened to Chiarelli speak on the matter, you'd never get the impression Seguin was done as a center in the NHL.

BadBruins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:32 PM
  #137
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Neg. He cannot.



Let's see you do it in an NHL game bud. Oh right..
Its just as hard for me to do it against people of my own skill level as it is for an NHL player to do it against people of their skill level. It is not hard at all.

Do you want to see me rush up the ice and do that move with Chara infront of me?

That move literally does not except bring the puck to your backhand, and a defender wouldn't even do anything about it because last time I checked being on your backhand is not better than being on your forehand.

Completely useless move that even someone with the skill on Colton Orr can pull off.

Also, I remember practicing that move with just about every other player on my team when I was 13.

Jacob8hockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:49 PM
  #138
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Seguin doesn't play centre. In fact he struggled there. He's a RW.
When did I ever say he played center at the NHL level consistently? I said that he could potentially become one if the Bruins needed him to be one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. Seguin is pretty much done at center. And yes, you can most certainly debate Galchenyuk over Seguin.
Shows how much I know??? I am just using common sense, he is young and fact is it was his natural position as of only a couple years ago and his skill as a centerman got him drafer #2 overall... I am sure he is not brain dead and he could work his way back to being a competent center anytime, that of course could take some time but im positive he will get the hang of it. If lets say Krejci and Bergeron goes down to injury I have no doubt in my mind Seguin will slot in there and play center if need be, he simply has that experience. Seguin >> Galchenyuk now and future.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:51 PM
  #139
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style
 
Shinsuke Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,027
vCash: 500
Should just make one poll.

Galchenyuk vs every young forward ever.

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:53 PM
  #140
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,048
vCash: 500
I'm not sure why Hab fans are saying things about Seguin not playing centre. Galchenyuk rarely plays centre so far into his career.

Despite a pissing match I'd say Boston is happy with Seguin as is Montreal with Galchenyuk.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:55 PM
  #141
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I'm not sure why Hab fans are saying things about Seguin not playing centre. Galchenyuk rarely plays centre so far into his career.

Despite a pissing match I'd say Boston is happy with Seguin as is Montreal with Galchenyuk.
blind homerism? There is simply no case for the winger Galchenyuk > winger Seguin right now and I doubt here ever will be.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:05 PM
  #142
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresenceMs View Post
Shows how much I know??? I am just using common sense, he is young and fact is it was his natural position as of only a couple years ago and his skill as a centerman got him drafer #2 overall... I am sure he is not brain dead and he could work his way back to being a competent center anytime, that of course could take some time but im positive he will get the hang of it. If lets say Krejci and Bergeron goes down to injury I have no doubt in my mind Seguin will slot in there and play center if need be, he simply has that experience. Seguin >> Galchenyuk now and future.
Everything you say is speculative and, again, really shows that you haven't followed Seguin this season. He was tried at center and it didn't work out for the Bruins when they needed him to step it up at that position during injuries. From the last part of your post it also sounds like you're mad for some reason.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:09 PM
  #143
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I'm not sure why Hab fans are saying things about Seguin not playing centre. Galchenyuk rarely plays centre so far into his career..
A lot of people are convinced that Seguin can just be slotted into a center role and take off, as a part of their argument, when he was horrible at it this year. I'm shedding some light on this matter that is all. I've never said a word about Galchenyuk, but our management keeps repeating over and over that he is our centerman for the future, this isn't "temporary" a la Seguin he is as good as a shoe-in for #1 C in our organization.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:23 PM
  #144
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Everything you say is speculative and, again, really shows that you haven't followed Seguin this season. He was tried at center and it didn't work out for the Bruins when they needed him to step it up at that position during injuries. From the last part of your post it also sounds like you're mad for some reason.
You start him off as 3rd line c get him sheltered a bit and he could work his way up. Very simple, you throw him in a fire more often than not you will not fully meet expectations.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:24 PM
  #145
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresenceMs View Post
You start him off as 3rd line c get him sheltered a bit and he could work his way up. Very simple, you throw him in a fire more often than not you will not fully meet expectations.
Sounds like a plan Mr. Julien.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:35 PM
  #146
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresenceMs View Post
blind homerism? There is simply no case for the winger Galchenyuk > winger Seguin right now and I doubt here ever will be.
Me, or people trying to twist the comparison ?

I don't see how saying both teams are happy is homerism... Maybe I'm just that hungry I'm missing the obvious.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:46 PM
  #147
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Me, or people trying to twist the comparison ?

I don't see how saying both teams are happy is homerism... Maybe I'm just that hungry I'm missing the obvious.
Apparently Galchenyuk > god. He is not even the best rookie on the team and he is somehow comparable to Seguin, RNH etc.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:52 PM
  #148
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,642
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresenceMs View Post
Apparently Galchenyuk > god. He is not even the best rookie on the team and he is somehow comparable to Seguin, RNH etc.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:02 PM
  #149
samsquanch9*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresenceMs View Post
Apparently Galchenyuk > god. He is not even the best rookie on the team and he is somehow comparable to Seguin, RNH etc.
I'm not even trying to be mean but I actually feel bad for you... you actually do not understand the concept of age... Galchenyuk is two years younger. If you expect Galchenyuk to be as good as he is right now in two years then I don't know what to tell you. The poll is asking who will be better over their careers. Galchenyuk has outscored (ppg) Seguin EVERY year since their respective OHL seasons. Galchenyuk is literally the youngest player in the entire NHL. But Seguin>>Galchenyuk now and future right?


Last edited by samsquanch9*: 04-22-2013 at 07:08 PM.
samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.