Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 11:06 PM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Both those sources have just about 0 credibility, fyi.
I feel like that is what is said about every soccer rumor...is there really a legit "Bob Mackenzie" out there...or just a bunch of Eklunds...

Old
04-12-2013, 01:16 AM
les Habs

Falcao isn't going to United.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:52 AM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Falcao to Chelsea with Torres and cash going back seems like the most logical move.

Old
04-12-2013, 10:12 AM
les Habs

Not much logic in a player plus cash deal and Torres going back to Atleti.

Old
04-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Not much logic in a player plus cash deal and Torres going back to Atleti.
Chelsea need a striker. Torres has said that he'll go back to Atletico eventually. Atletico want lots of cash. Chelsea have lots of cash.

Logical?

Old
04-12-2013, 11:30 AM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
Chelsea need a striker. Torres has said that he'll go back to Atletico eventually. Atletico want lots of cash. Chelsea have lots of cash.

Logical?
Atleti won't do player plus cash. How often do those deals happen anyway?

Sure Torres wants to go back eventually, but I doubt Atleti go in for him considering wages and potential transfer fee.

Old
04-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Yeah, unless he's willing to eat half his wages (and there's no way of that) there's no chance they're taking him back now.

He's not over the hill enough to warrant that drop off.

Old
04-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Been seeing a lot of stuff indicating that Lewa could head to Chelsea. Since he's not staying with my beloved Dortmund, I'd love it if he went to my other team

I think he'd be pretty damn lethal with Hazard, Mata, Oscar, and Schürrle (It's totally happening) feeding him the ball.

Old
04-19-2013, 03:45 AM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

Maybe one of the mods should change the thread title to just Transfer Rumors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Been seeing a lot of stuff indicating that Lewa could head to Chelsea. Since he's not staying with my beloved Dortmund, I'd love it if he went to my other team

I think he'd be pretty damn lethal with Hazard, Mata, Oscar, and Schürrle (It's totally happening) feeding him the ball.
This is exactly why I want to get rid of some of the deadweight on this team (and not give them 5 year deals instead). We don't even need to go out on a spending spree since most of the replacements is already under contract.

OUT: ----------> IN:
Hilario ----------> Courtois (get him ready for Cech's departure)
Ferreira ----------> Chalobah (young defensive option, Ferreira finally leaves on a free transfer)
Mikel ----------> Romeu (the injury really ****ed things up, I think he's much better than Mikel)
Malouda ----------> Schurrle (he can play wing or attacking mid/striker option)
Marin ----------> De Bruyne (winger who has skill and can deliver crosses like no one's business. Marin's confidence is shot)
Essien ----------> Maybe "daddy" wants to keep him, but I think he's over the hill
Benayoun ----------> Piazon (especially if Pellegrini joins. Rafa can take Yossi back to Liverpool for all I care.)
Lampard ----------> McEachran (perfect replacement for Lampard IMO)
Moses ----------> Lukaku (or leave Lukaku out on loan and give De Bruyne more playing time)

I don't think Torres leaves this summer. They might give him one more year and he'll be trying to win a spot at the WC so they can ride that out for one year. Otherwise cash+Torres for Falcao/Lewandowski?

I also think if Pellegrini is brought in instead of Mourinho, he might want to bring Isco with him

Rotate Cahill, Ivanovic, Terry and Chalobah at the CB role. Azpi and Iva at RB. Cole and Bertrand at LB. I want them to get Luke Shaw from Southampton and send back on loan or something. I think he may be England's next LB.

Move Luiz into the DM position permanently with Ramires, Romeu and McEachran in the holding mid role.

Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Piazon, De Bruyne, Schurrle at attacking midfielders.

Ba, Torres (or Lewandowski/Falcao) as striker options. Schurrle can be the third striker option. If the injury bug hits, go with the Spanish 6 midfielders tactic

Last edited by ProPAIN: 04-19-2013 at 03:59 AM.
Old
04-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Schalkenullvier*

Dortmund's Felipe Santana is rumoured to take the half our drive westwards on the A2 and join Schalke next season for a reported fixed fee of €1m. Would be a bargain at that price, though the transfer does make me scratch head a bit...

Old
04-19-2013, 09:32 AM
cgf

The fee's great, but with Papa, Howedes, Matip and the arrival of Kolasinac, I don't see the point. Going to Leverkusen would make more sense.

Old
04-19-2013, 06:10 PM
gary69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post

This is exactly why I want to get rid of some of the deadweight on this team (and not give them 5 year deals instead). We don't even need to go out on a spending spree since most of the replacements is already under contract.

OUT: ----------> IN:
Hilario ----------> Courtois (get him ready for Cech's departure)
Ferreira ----------> Chalobah (young defensive option, Ferreira finally leaves on a free transfer)
Mikel ----------> Romeu (the injury really ****ed things up, I think he's much better than Mikel)
Marin ----------> De Bruyne (winger who has skill and can deliver crosses like no one's business. Marin's confidence is shot)
Essien ----------> Maybe "daddy" wants to keep him, but I think he's over the hill
Benayoun ----------> Piazon (especially if Pellegrini joins. Rafa can take Yossi back to Liverpool for all I care.)
Lampard ----------> McEachran (perfect replacement for Lampard IMO)
Moses ----------> Lukaku (or leave Lukaku out on loan and give De Bruyne more playing time)

I don't think Torres leaves this summer. They might give him one more year and he'll be trying to win a spot at the WC so they can ride that out for one year. Otherwise cash+Torres for Falcao/Lewandowski?

I also think if Pellegrini is brought in instead of Mourinho, he might want to bring Isco with him

Rotate Cahill, Ivanovic, Terry and Chalobah at the CB role. Azpi and Iva at RB. Cole and Bertrand at LB. I want them to get Luke Shaw from Southampton and send back on loan or something. I think he may be England's next LB.

Move Luiz into the DM position permanently with Ramires, Romeu and McEachran in the holding mid role.

Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Piazon, De Bruyne, Schurrle at attacking midfielders.

Ba, Torres (or Lewandowski/Falcao) as striker options. Schurrle can be the third striker option. If the injury bug hits, go with the Spanish 6 midfielders tactic
I don't think Moses will leave, he'll fit in with the home-grown quota and isn't old. Mikel with his contract will most likely stay as well. Of course I don't want them as starters, but I won't mind them staying as squad players.

I like McEachern, but I don't see him as a direct Lampard replacement. He doesn't have the scoring touch. I would have hoped they'd bought Hamsik to replace Lampard, but that seems unlikely now. McEachern is definately one to keep and potential starter, tough decision for them to make whether to loan him out or not. If he doesn't get regulat minutes with Chelsea, he nneds to be loaned.

I never wanted Torres (and was very surprised they brought him in like I said at that time on these boards) and they'd still be better of by getting rid of him and playing likes of Lukaku instead in a rotation with Ba.

Obviously getting Falcao woud be huge, but they just shouldn't spend money unnecessarily on strikers if they're only going to play one at front. No need for Falcao, Ba and Lukaku if you're only gonna start one of them. Should again send Lukaku on loan then. Ditto for Courtois, I see little benefit from preventing him from going on loan unless he's going to be a starter.

I think Chelsea needs to make a decision on van Aanholt, he's been doing very well in Holland with Vitesse. I'm torn wether to take him over Bernard. Either give van Aanholt a palce in the first team next season or sell him. He has reached that age.

Kakuta, they might still loan him for a year to see how it goes. Thinking of it, keeping Marin for a further year and allowing Kakuta to be starter somewhere else might not be a bad option when thinking about a future.

From the games I've seen from him, Piazon should be kept as a rotation player. Especially if Lampard and Benayoun leave. He can get minutes as a Mata/Oscar replacement.

If De Bruyne is not going to be starter, I'd still loan him out. He's good enough to be starter very soon, so he shouldn't waste a season mainly as a sub.

I think they shouldn't waste money on Schurrle unless both of the following happens: Torres leaves and they fail to sign Falcao.

Old
04-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
This thread will be over soon, so no need to bother. The next one will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post

Old
04-19-2013, 06:14 PM
gary69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
The fee's great, but with Papa, Howedes, Matip and the arrival of Kolasinac, I don't see the point. Going to Leverkusen would make more sense.
Papa and Howedes are much sought after by other clubs (in England), so were they to leave it makes sense to prepare for that.

Old
04-19-2013, 07:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Any news on the CR7 front ?

Old
04-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Any news on the CR7 front ?
Well I've been reading a lot of articles that are saying Rooney will be sold, and either CR7, Falcao, or Lewa will be brought in.

That's all I've got.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:05 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary69 View Post
Papa and Howedes are much sought after by other clubs (in England), so were they to leave it makes sense to prepare for that.
Howedes to? I haven't heard any rumors about him. Papa yeah, and Zenit's rumored to have already offered up to 20mil for him, but even without him Matip and Howedes stand in his way. Kolasinac will also move into the middle as he picks up first league experience and he's the most talented defender they have. I just don't see why Santana would prefer a move to schalke over someplace like Leverkusen. Where he could legitamitely beat out Toprak for the spot next to Wollscheid and get guaranteed CL minutes.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
I don't think you'll get Schürrle without giving up De Bruyne. Leverkusen seems intent on having him as a part of the fee for Schürrle. Which would indeed be smart for them, IMO.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:35 AM
Schalkenullvier*

I think they were set on selling Papa for like 15m or what was offered but now that he hasn't played all season you gotta wonderif anyone is gonna pay up

Old
04-22-2013, 06:26 AM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

FC Lahti's Joel Mero signs for Borussia Mönchengladbach on a 4-year contract, starting from July.

http://www.borussia.de/de/aktuelles-...a91de7271cae9b

Old
04-22-2013, 05:19 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Bild are reporting that Mario Götze will move to Bayern at the end of the season for a transfer fee of 37 million Euro.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bo...1116.bild.html

Old
04-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Bild are reporting that Mario Götze will move to Bayern at the end of the season for a transfer fee of 37 million Euro.

that'd be nice

Old
04-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

I'm going to lose my **** if that happens.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

I don't think I've ever been caught as off-guard by something like that in my life.

I still have a hard time sorting my thoughts. It's so weird. I mean, I know BILD has a strong batting average when they actually say something IS done, but I still have a hard time believing this. Then again, it obviously makes sense on some levels. Pep loves him, Götze is said to be a fan, Bayern's staff (led by Sammer) loved him for a while... Well, who in football does not, these days? And it would explain some of Klopp's remarks over the last months that media attributed to the Lewa rumors. Well, I'm still not sold. I did not see him leaving Dortmund this summer, as I always said. Hell, I would have considered 2014 a long shot. I always thought there was a good chance Bayern would be his next team, but had you told me yesterday about this happening this summer I would have called it a pipe dream.

It's so weird. If true (and it kind of looks very much that way), it's obviously a dream of a transfer. But at the same time, I feel for Dortmund and for the devastating timing of this news. I hope they can do what they have done so amazingly well over the last years and find world-class talent to come in and pick things up. Bayern's current state is all it takes to show how important it is to have that kind of competition around.

Well, the one thing I know we'll hear is this being the old classic Bayern weakening their opponents. And I think it actually was never further from the truth than here. Sure, he's (allegedly) coming from the biggest German rival. But he's one of the most sought after young players in world football, and German born. This transfer would clearly be 100% about getting Mario Götze onto your team, and getting Mario Götze off Dortmund wouldn't even be an aftersight.

But we'll see, I guess. I have a hard time processing this. And believing. Although I do want to - how could I not.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Schalkenullvier*

I mean götze just extended his contract... okay out-clauses like Götze's reported are pretty common, but I doubt Aki Watzke would have been stupid enough to agree to a clause of just 37 mil.

Closed Thread