HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blame it on the Craw-aw-aw-aw-aw-aw-fahurrd

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 06:41 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
ive coached the hawks for 35 years. if it weren't for Bombay my record would be unblemished. he could have been one of the greats, but he isn't even a has been, he's anever was.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:55 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Old
04-21-2013, 06:56 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Yes Craw let in an incredibly soft goal. Kruger also made an incredibly stupid turnover. Why does one get flamed and the other gets a pass?
It wasn't even an incredibly soft goal. It was an incredibly unlucky play. The optics of that goal are bad, but it is, what it was: An unlucky bounce.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:45 PM
BronYrAur

Nobody can tell whether crawford was in poor position and misjudged it or whether it was a weird hop at a point where there is no chance for him to react. Only crawford knows. To attempt to claim anything more than that is pure speculation.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Sleight Of Hand
No More Coldplay

I agree. I cannot tell from a side view. But I can tell Kruger made one poor play that cost a goal. Lets hope that does not continue too much into the playoffs. The PP has looked better of late as well. There are positives

Old
04-21-2013, 08:31 PM
stahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaners BAC View Post
And take away the beginning 15 games when teams were getting their legs which favored a team like the Hawks. I'd be interested in seeing how the Hawks' last 20 games compares to that 3.18.
We have 68 goals in our last 20 games. Remove 4 shootout goals and it's 64 for an average of 3.2, pretty much the exact same.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
Yet every one that I posted was, which you conveniently ignored.
no, I included them in my post saying that he made as many great saves as he let in softies.

I overreacted a bit, but with Crawford this team will not win the Cup. I give him one last chance to show if he is good enough or not and it will be in a few weeks when we play the games that really matter. When it will not only be the talent on our team that gives us the W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Yes Craw let in an incredibly soft goal. Kruger also made an incredibly stupid turnover. Why does one get flamed and the other gets a pass?
Krüger exceeded expectations with his play and got his fair share of blame. Go back to site 2 and my first post in this thread and you will see that even I were upset with that bad pass.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:15 AM
stahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post

Krüger exceeded expectations with his play and got his fair share of blame.
Shouldn't Crawford get the same treatment? He's exceeded all expectations that pretty much anyone had on him this year and he still gets dumped on.

If before the season you were told that he would be 18-4-5 with top 5 GAA and a save percentage over .920 going into the final four games of the season, I doubt anyone would have anything bad to say.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:02 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahl View Post
Shouldn't Crawford get the same treatment? He's exceeded all expectations that pretty much anyone had on him this year and he still gets dumped on.

If before the season you were told that he would be 18-4-5 with top 5 GAA and a save percentage over .920 going into the final four games of the season, I doubt anyone would have anything bad to say.
If you take everything in a nut shell and out of context then sure it looks great. However when you add in all the factors it doesn't look as good.

Firstly, his numbers are better, as are Emerys because the team is much better in front of them. Keith and Hammer are playing better then they have since 2010, both playing well on both ends but especially on the back end. Leddy has improved his game well and Rosival is better then O'Donnell or Montador.

The PK is much improved, from bottom 10 last year to top 5 this year. Personal has a lot to do with it, already spoke about the D, Frolik and Kruger look great, Handzus is good in that area, Saad looks nice and Bolland, Hossa, and Toews are their usual good selves. Plus the system is better, much more active and aggressive instead of sitting back like lots of last year.

Lastly Crawfords play has been trending down lately. His numbers a few weeks ago where top 5 in both GAA and SV% and he was playing to match those numbers. Lately his play and his numbers have dropped, meanwhile Emerys play and numbers have been improving.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:25 AM
Patriks7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Lastly Crawfords play has been trending down lately. His numbers a few weeks ago where top 5 in both GAA and SV% and he was playing to match those numbers. Lately his play and his numbers have dropped, meanwhile Emerys play and numbers have been improving.
Either Emery has been playing really terrible teams or the team has to be playing a lot better in front of him. It's no coincidence that in his last 5 games the shots against have been mostly around 20, whereas for Crawford they are a lot closer to 30. I personally think this whole Crawford thing is being blown out of proportion. I bet you could even find weak goals on Lundqvist (and I even believe that this was not a weak goal, just a very unfortunate bounce).

Old
04-22-2013, 05:38 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriks7 View Post
Either Emery has been playing really terrible teams or the team has to be playing a lot better in front of him. It's no coincidence that in his last 5 games the shots against have been mostly around 20, whereas for Crawford they are a lot closer to 30. I personally think this whole Crawford thing is being blown out of proportion. I bet you could even find weak goals on Lundqvist (and I even believe that this was not a weak goal, just a very unfortunate bounce).
Crawford has faced an avg. of 25.18 shots per game

Emery has faced an avg. of 23.6 shots per game

A 1.5 shots difference, not exactly a huge discrepancy.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:39 AM
Kaners BAC

Quote:
We have 68 goals in our last 20 games. Remove 4 shootout goals and it's 64 for an average of 3.2, pretty much the exact same.
Thanks. I looked at the numbers too and I was surprised. Granted, the Dallas and Detroit games helped pad the stats but still. I didn't realize how many low-scoring games the Hawks won during their streak.

Last edited by Kaners BAC: 04-22-2013 at 05:45 AM. Reason: typo
Old
04-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:

Crawford lets in a softie about every game in this month and half of march. He had his fair share of that treatment. Some guys said they worry all season long but now, those worries just get bigger and bigger with every Softie that goes in again and again

Old
04-22-2013, 04:06 PM
madgoat33

he can let in 2 "softies" a game if they are the only two goals he allows.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:19 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriks7 View Post
I bet you could even find weak goals on Lundqvist (and I even believe that this was not a weak goal, just a very unfortunate bounce).
This so much

I watched a Winnipeg/NYR game a couple months back and Lundqvist let in two absolute howlers in the span of 5 minutes. But no one cared because that stuff happens.

I mean, hell, look at the year the Hawks won the Cup. Rinne, Luongo and Nabokov were three of the better goalies in the league at that time and look at how many terrible goals were given up over the course of those series.

Every goalie gives up bad goals; if they didn't all of them would have 1.3 GAA and save 95% of the shots on net. Yeah, Crawford happened to give up two of them at incredibly inopportune times last year but to say he's not a #1 because he's given up a couple bad goals over his last few starts (and what's that resulted in...12 goals allowed in his last 7 starts or something?) is just asinine.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
he can let in 2 "softies" a game if they are the only two goals he allows.
or he stops them and we win games like that Yotes game

Old
04-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
This so much

I watched a Winnipeg/NYR game a couple months back and Lundqvist let in two absolute howlers in the span of 5 minutes. But no one cared because that stuff happens.

I mean, hell, look at the year the Hawks won the Cup. Rinne, Luongo and Nabokov were three of the better goalies in the league at that time and look at how many terrible goals were given up over the course of those series.

Every goalie gives up bad goals; if they didn't all of them would have 1.3 GAA and save 95% of the shots on net. Yeah, Crawford happened to give up two of them at incredibly inopportune times last year but to say he's not a #1 because he's given up a couple bad goals over his last few starts (and what's that resulted in...12 goals allowed in his last 7 starts or something?) is just asinine.
Nailed it with this post. But unfortunately the incessant and silly whining isn't going to stop.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:53 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Need scapegoat. Must haz scapegoatz.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
This so much

Really? Lundqvist and Rinne? You know why people don't complain about them. because they are 2 of the 5 best goalies in the NHL. If Crawford was one of the best goalies in the NHL for the last 5 years people wouldn't be saying anything, but since he hasn't been and last year he was one of the worst goalies in the NHL I think people have every right to be skeptical.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:26 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
or he stops them and we win games like that Yotes game
or our team that spends the vast majority of their cap on skaters and averages over 3 goals a game manages to score 1es goal and we win that way. i can't believe the fervor over a goalie giving up 2 goals on 31 shots. its the pinnacle of whining.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:37 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Really? Lundqvist and Rinne? You know why people don't complain about them. because they are 2 of the 5 best goalies in the NHL. If Crawford was one of the best goalies in the NHL for the last 5 years people wouldn't be saying anything, but since he hasn't been and last year he was one of the worst goalies in the NHL I think people have every right to be skeptical.
Cry everyone a river. Any knowledgeable fan knows why Chicago has Crawford in net. Stop whining about it. It's because Chicago has Crawford in net that Chicago can afford to ice as talented a team as they can. You want a Rinne or a Lundqvist, kiss bye-bye to a Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa or Brent Seabrook. And, guess what? You can't even replace that all-star with a semi-capable player, because your goaltender consumes so much of the cap.

Crawford and Emery's stats are near the top of the league. Chicago has proven, as they've proven before, that they don't need outstanding goaltending to win, they just need someone who can hold a team to 2-3 goals (or less). This year, both goaltenders have exceeded those expectations.

Why not, instead of complaining about Crawford, do you not enjoy the statistically dominant season he's having, while knowing the Hawks are only using 2.66M against the cap to get that kind of production from him. Crawford's been great this year. He's let in a few stinkers. Who cares. The team's 34-5-5. It's clearly not effecting them.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Cry everyone a river. Any knowledgeable fan knows why Chicago has Crawford in net. Stop whining about it. It's because Chicago has Crawford in net that Chicago can afford to ice as talented a team as they can. You want a Rinne or a Lundqvist, kiss bye-bye to a Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa or Brent Seabrook. And, guess what? You can't even replace that all-star with a semi-capable player, because your goaltender consumes so much of the cap.

Crawford and Emery's stats are near the top of the league. Chicago has proven, as they've proven before, that they don't need outstanding goaltending to win, they just need someone who can hold a team to 2-3 goals (or less). This year, both goaltenders have exceeded those expectations.

Why not, instead of complaining about Crawford, do you not enjoy the statistically dominant season he's having, while knowing the Hawks are only using 2.66M against the cap to get that kind of production from him. Crawford's been great this year. He's let in a few stinkers. Who cares. The team's 34-5-5. It's clearly not effecting them.
Sharp for Rinne? Where do we sign? Any day, everyday all day long. Plan the parade route

Old
04-22-2013, 08:05 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Sharp for Rinne? Where do we sign? Any day, everyday all day long. Plan the parade route
The Hawks aren't winning anything investing 7M in goaltending against the cap.

Guess I should have specified that a bit better. So lets try again.

If you want a Rinne or Lundqvist, say goodbye to 5M+ player and a 3M+ player and insert 2 scurbs in their place, because that's all you'd be able to afford to bring in.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
The Hawks aren't winning anything investing 7M in goaltending against the cap.

Guess I should have specified that a bit better. So lets try again.

If you want a Rinne or Lundqvist, say goodbye to 5M+ player and a 3M+ player and insert 2 scurbs in their place, because that's all you'd be able to afford to bring in.
Fine, move Sharp and Bolland. Insert Pirri for Bolly and a winger from Rockford who can score 15-20 goals along with Rinne.

Still works for me. Lost one core player-Sharp. The combo of Pirri and maybe Morin will even out the scoring from the 2 going away. Maybe, maybe just ,maybe Bolly's defense might be missed, more likely it never reappears.

Same scoring with a stud netminder, done deal.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:

WOW! As much as some people are underselling Crawford, you just completely overrated Crawford. He is having a good year, nothing statistically dominant about it.

I haven't said the Hawks need to go out and get Lundqvist or Rinne, I simply said don't compare Crawford to them because you can't. There are plenty of good goalies you don't make 7+ million.

I am still not sold on either goalie come playoff time, great both goalies have put up good numbers during the regular season when half the games have been against teams that are bad, come the playoffs your playing top teams every night and can't always rely on avg. goaltending. The 2010 team was a rarity as much more often then not a team needs good to great goaltending to win and not just avg.

Closed Thread