Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 07:37 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
I mean götze just extended his contract... okay out-clauses like Götze's reported are pretty common, but I doubt Aki Watzke would have been stupid enough to agree to a clause of just 37 mil.
You'd think so but then we don't know the negotiations and what kind of leverage was involved.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
I mean götze just extended his contract... okay out-clauses like Götze's reported are pretty common, but I doubt Aki Watzke would have been stupid enough to agree to a clause of just 37 mil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You'd think so but then we don't know the negotiations and what kind of leverage was involved.
I don't know, I actually always thought that release clause was plausible. At the end of the day, it wouldn't matter for Bayern - Götze probably is the guy they'd meet a €55M clause for. I just didn't think Götze would have entertained that clause this year.

Well, Götze's old contract was only running to 2014, so Dortmund was under a lot of pressure to get him extended. Without an extension, you have the Lewandowski situation. So I could see them being rushed into that kind of release clause, probably not thinking it could matter this soon.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Apparently, Klopp said yesterday that Dortmund would be facing the problem of having to replace a key player yet again this summer (after Sahin and Kagawa), and they'd continue to find ways. Would certainly fit. In light of the Lewa rumors, that made some sense on its own, but he's not even certain to leave just yet. I don't know.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:04 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

The wording from Bild makes me think it's near 90% sure, I've seen a lot of transfer rumors from Bild and Sport-Bild and they love to work with qualifiers like maybe or apparently or almost or "near completion" when they aren't sure. This sort of story timed almost exactly at midnight with such certain wording (more certain than in the Santana or Veh stories) on the day Bayern will play Barca and a day before Madrid play Dortmund. Even Bild wouldn't run with it like that if they didn't have good info and we all know Bild are in bed with Bayern.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:13 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

You guys think if Gotze leaves, it would be the domino piece making Hummels, Lewandowski, Reus, and others starting to leave????

Old
04-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The wording from Bild makes me think it's near 90% sure, I've seen a lot of transfer rumors from Bild and Sport-Bild and they love to work with qualifiers like maybe or apparently or almost or "near completion" when they aren't sure. This sort of story timed almost exactly at midnight with such certain wording (more certain than in the Santana or Veh stories) on the day Bayern will play Barca and a day before Madrid play Dortmund. Even Bild wouldn't run with it like that if they didn't have good info and we all know Bild are in bed with Bayern.
Yeah, exactly. I'm highly critical of their usual reporting myself, but when it comes to them saying something is done, it usually is, especially in regards to Bayern. The few times they ended up wrong (with Diego and I think Vidal) there were circumstances involved that they only share limited blame for. This would be too big to fail for them. And they don't need to do squat to help their sales. They could have gone off the Hoeneß-stories for the rest of the calendar year alone. Well, and those CL semis on the doorstep. They really must be positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
You guys think if Gotze leaves, it would be the domino piece making Hummels, Lewandowski, Reus, and others starting to leave????
I don't think there's any domino in regard to Lewandowski, as him leaving has been a viable option for some time. I don't think there's any chance Reus will leave. With Hummels, I could see this type of development being a factor, if Barca came knocking this summer.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:29 PM
cgf

If it's true I think it make Hummels less likely to leave this summer. Losing Lewa and Gotze would be brutal, but between that and the CL they'd have a ****ton to spend on rebuilding the squad. With the promise of more CL football on a still very talented team I could see him wanting to wait a year to see how the club bounces back before abandoning them.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:39 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

As a Bayern fan I don't think Gotze should leave Dortmund. He's the most exciting talent in German footy but a one-team league isn't fun and Bayern already have a ton of class and young, talented players. Unless one of Ribery or Robben leave this off-season I don't see where Gotze can come in without pushing someone who'd be a starter on nearly any team in the world, onto the bench. I already hate that Gomez, the goal scoring phenom that he is, has been scapegoated for last season's failings and has to feed off of scrap minutes - with Gotze coming in it'll probably be Robben and/or Kroos squeezed out and that's not right at all.

I'd probably sing a different tune if I didn't respect Dortmund and their project so much... They should pick up more talent, they shouldn't lose their star.

The only benefits I see are that a) Bayern are going to look so, so good next year if squad chemistry isn't disrupted by the sudden change to Pep and b) At least Gotze stayed in Germany.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Shameus

Move it here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1#post64471991

Closed Thread