*OFFICIAL* Plymouth Whalers 2012-2013 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 04:57 PM
defensehockey19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Nedeljkovic, what he is doing as a 96 born rookie goalie, its INCREDIBLE.
+1. Kid is making a name for himself.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:02 PM
CBJWhaler

What a game loved every minute of it that is how playoff hockey should be. I think I went through every emotion know to man in this game wow.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Great game. Unfortunately the bounces went plymouths way (first goal) and there were some stupid penalties for both teams. The last penalty looked bad, I didn't see Broadhurst's stick even anywhere close to the other guys after he lifted his stick.

Kind of to bad, the game was a good one.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:12 PM
aresknights

Wow. Kudos to Plymouth and Ned.

Edge of the seat type game. The series has started out as expected. Never more than a one goal lead.

London had their chances to end it, but Ply buried theirs. Cant wait til tuesday

Old
04-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Snippit

Hats off to Plymouth. Both games could have gone either way. Going to be an exciting finish to this series.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Attack Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Nedeljkovic, what he is doing as a 96 born rookie goalie, its INCREDIBLE.
Nedeljkovic reminds me so much of Binnington 2 years ago! Great win today! Hope they can end London's season soon!

Old
04-21-2013, 06:54 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack Fan View Post
Nedeljkovic reminds me so much of Binnington 2 years ago! Great win today! Hope they can end London's season soon!
I got my wish when they ended the Attack's season..here's hoping the wish granting ended there..LOL

Great win today Plymouth fans. Each team has won a game that the other team should have won. Plymouth cashed..London didn't..end of story. Bring on game 3.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:01 PM
bobber

Congrats to the Whale on the OT win. Must of been a hell of a game to watch. How on earth did they win after giving up 10 PP's to the Knights? Haven't seen the Whalers in a while so really no idea of how good they really are other than they had a great second half. Big talented squad I would imagine.

Last edited by bobber: 04-21-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old
04-21-2013, 07:12 PM
WhalerBlue

My observations from today were-

1. Way over officiated.
2. Both goalies stood on their heads
3. Both teams missed some prime opportunities.
4 (a). Both teams benefited from missed calls.
4 (b). Both teams had bad calls against them.
5. Both teams solid on defense.
6. Both teams could have ended it in either overtime period.
7. Both teams were/are tired.

Best of 5 starts on Tuesday night.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

During the pre-game on the Whalers radio broadcast for Game 2, Pete Krupsky mentioned that Ryan Hartman is close to returning. With games on consecutive nights following yesterday's 2OT marathon, I wonder if Vellucci will go back to dressing six defensemen and using four full lines? If Hartman's not ready, that would probably mean Vanderweil in place of Alex Peters.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:43 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Kudos to the Whalers, what a great game! Wilson is unreal. Right now Trochek is playing very well....what he is doing isn't showing up on the stats sheet as much as he usually does. Really wish the Knights had acquired him at the deadline......

Old
04-22-2013, 08:27 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerBlue View Post
My observations from today were-

1. Way over officiated.
2. Both goalies stood on their heads
3. Both teams missed some prime opportunities.
4 (a). Both teams benefited from missed calls.
4 (b). Both teams had bad calls against them.
5. Both teams solid on defense.
6. Both teams could have ended it in either overtime period.
7. Both teams were/are tired.

Best of 5 starts on Tuesday night.
Great post.I love to read the whining about the after whistle stuff Plymouth is doing.Keep it up.Teams who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones

Old
04-22-2013, 10:58 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Right now Trochek is playing very well....what he is doing isn't showing up on the stats sheet as much as he usually does. Really wish the Knights had acquired him at the deadline......
Trochek's work on the dot has been outstanding..especially yesterday. Horvat and Tierney have to make an adjustment because Troch is eating them up right now in the faceoff circle. I thought both teams have had chances to be up 2-0 in this series. We're tied after 2 but either team could be up or trailing by 2 games. Great series. Nothing but respect for the Whalers and their fans. Wish I could say the same for a number of other teams.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Trochek's work on the dot has been outstanding..especially yesterday. Horvat and Tierney have to make an adjustment because Troch is eating them up right now in the faceoff circle. I thought both teams have had chances to be up 2-0 in this series. We're tied after 2 but either team could be up or trailing by 2 games. Great series. Nothing but respect for the Whalers and their fans. Wish I could say the same for a number of other teams.
Someone mentioned before this series started that either one of these teams could sweep the other, and I remember thinking...that's a good point, because neither one of these teams would blow the other one out by a big goal differential in 4 straight. But they have the ability to win 4 close games in a row. I think Seth Griffith is a guy to watch for in games 3 and 4 for London. Believe he is due for a breakout game. As for Plymouth, I'm waiting on Mitchell Heard to get a goal or two, along with Noeson. Noeson hit the post in game 1 and was robbed by an awesome save from Stolarz in game 2. I'll be making the trip up for games 3 and 4, can't wait

Old
04-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Quote:
When Trocheck arrived at the trade deadline, we were amazed at all the little things he did to help the team. The goals and assists were expected, but he is excellent in the face off circle, will go in the corners for the puck, back checks very well, etc. He really is a heck of an all around talent.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Nothing but respect for the Whalers and their fans. Wish I could say the same for a number of other teams.
LOL, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
Someone mentioned before this series started that either one of these teams could sweep the other, and I remember thinking...that's a good point, because neither one of these teams would blow the other one out by a big goal differential in 4 straight. But they have the ability to win 4 close games in a row. I think Seth Griffith is a guy to watch for in games 3 and 4 for London. Believe he is due for a breakout game. As for Plymouth, I'm waiting on Mitchell Heard to get a goal or two, along with Noeson. Noeson hit the post in game 1 and was robbed by an awesome save from Stolarz in game 2. I'll be making the trip up for games 3 and 4, can't wait
I think several fans on either side are waiting for some 'break out' performances. I as a Knights fan hope you are right about Griffith, but I dunno...he just seems to be missing something. He is getting more chances, but he isn't close to the threat he usually is. I wonder if the big bodies are having an adverse affect on him....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
When Trocheck arrived at the trade deadline, we were amazed at all the little things he did to help the team. The goals and assists were expected, but he is excellent in the face off circle, will go in the corners for the puck, back checks very well, etc. He really is a heck of an all around talent.
The guy is awesome, really wish we had got him. If we lose the series, it might have Hunter revisit his theory on rental players....I would have paid the price, we have plenty in the cupboards, memorial cup bid or not.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:10 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
I still think this was the best trade in the OHL by a playoff contending team.There is so much he does that he never gets credit for.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:16 PM
massey

Quote:
I think with the Whalers strong physical play that Griffith will not be a threat.Plus I would say that Plymouth has about the best defense Griffith has seen also with a goalie who is hot. I agree he has never been the same coming back from his injury but we got to give Plymouth a lot of credit.IMO I never thought for one minute it was going to be a 4 game sweep.I still think it will be 7 tough games and a Plymouth win.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:47 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post

I think several fans on either side are waiting for some 'break out' performances. I as a Knights fan hope you are right about Griffith, but I dunno...he just seems to be missing something. He is getting more chances, but he isn't close to the threat he usually is. I wonder if the big bodies are having an adverse affect on him....
I'd be willing to wager a fair amount of money that his hand is no where close to 100%. He seems to be shying away from taking prime shooting opportunities. That's not Seth Griffith hockey.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Cfriss216

Any of you London fans attending games 3 or 4? Might be tough being weekday games.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:42 PM
youngblood10

Tom Wilson has really been a force in every facet. He's doing everything and doing it well. Going in the dirty areas with an attitude and being rewarded. Not that it's a big secret but he's that prototypical player you love to have on your team and hate him when he's not.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Rubbers29

Quote:
He has to feel snake biten! both games in London I watched him ring posts off nets that don't get any more open, not to mention the one that went off his glove not counting, as much as a was relieved to hear that ringing of the post, part of me felt bad for the kid, reminds me of Ryan Rupert at the beginning of the year that couldn't score if he had a penalty shot on an empty net.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbers29 View Post
He has to feel snake biten! both games in London I watched him ring posts off nets that don't get any more open, not to mention the one that went off his glove not counting, as much as a was relieved to hear that ringing of the post, part of me felt bad for the kid, reminds me of Ryan Rupert at the beginning of the year that couldn't score if he had a penalty shot on an empty net.
Yea Noeson went through a scoring drought for a bit a few months ago. He takes a lot of shots where he puts it over the net trying to go bar down/top corner. Got a feeling he's going to rip one of his one timers from the circle on the pp soon. But I'm sure maata or Hughes will get that stick/body in the way.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:05 PM
mapleleaf979

Alex Nedeljkovic is he in the heads of the London players yet? I think they got anxiety a little bit after that loss in double OT. What a massive boost to the Plymouth locker room after that type of win. If London does not light up Neddy in the first or second period, they will start to panic and try and make the perfect shot, thus compounding the issue. I believe this kid can steal the series. I think he is starting to brake a little bit of London's will, a strong Game 3 performance will further stress that team out. He is incredible.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Any of you London fans attending games 3 or 4? Might be tough being weekday games.
I feel strongly that there will be a game 6 on Sunday, and ill be making the trek for that game.

Closed Thread