HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Canadiens vs Devils - April 23, 2013

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

vCash: 500
Nothing like playing the Devils to get back on tracks...

Hey, look its DD-Pac again

Old
04-22-2013, 07:21 PM
LeHab

Big game by Price: 2-0 Habs.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
At this point, we'd probably get our ***** kicked by our own AHL squad that finished last. They get saves and they're tougher.
Oh the irrational price hate how original.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Oh the irrational price hate how original.
Irrational ? Have you seem him lately ? That **** has got to change. He's a great goalie and if we're going to even win a game in the playoffs it will be in large part of him.

He needs to play well.

Old
04-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Irrational ? Have you seem him lately ? That **** has got to change. He's a great goalie and if we're going to even win a game in the playoffs it will be in large part of him.

He needs to play well.
All I'm saying continuously trashing price while so many players who are playing horrible and getting a free pass is getting tiresome, this whole team is playing bad, singling out one player is just stupid.

I'm not getting into a price debate

Old
04-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Bryson

Quote:
All I'm saying continuously trashing price while so many players who are playing horrible and getting a free pass is getting tiresome, this whole team is playing bad, singling out one player is just stupid.

I hate to state the obvious but you can still win games when forwards take games off or have off games. Not so much with your goalie. Price is also the highest paid player on the team. Time to start acting like it. The bottom line is love him or hate him how well he plays will be the determining factor in how far the habs go in the POs. That's a fact.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Kurplunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
Hey, look its DD-Pac again
Seems like it was gonna happen sooner or later =/

Old
04-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

No one deserves a free pass, except for maybe Diaz.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I hate to state the obvious but you can still win games when forwards take games off or have off games. Not so much with your goalie. Price is also the highest paid player on the team. Time to start acting like it. The bottom line is love him or hate him how well he plays will be the determining factor in how far the habs go in the POs. That's a fact.
So if pacioretty has 12(just guessing) bad games in a row, it's ok and he's in a slump. When price has 4 bad games it's he's lazy and overpaid trade him? How in the world can you say that these guys are aloud to suck but he's not? Ridiculous logic.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:07 PM
sheed36

No matter how bad Brodeur and the Devils are playing I always expect Brodeur to get a shutout when playing the Habs.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Bryson

Quote:
So if pacioretty has 12(just guessing) bad games in a row, it's ok and he's in a slump. When price has 4 bad games it's he's lazy and overpaid trade him? How in the world can you say that these guys are aloud to suck but he's not? Ridiculous logic.
Everybody on the team including Markov and Plekanec have been nominated multiple times as trade bait here on HF, justified or not. That's just how our bipolar fans are. I was only pointing out that if Pacioretty's head is not in the game because his dog died or his wife left him there are 17 other guys out there to pick up the slack. Fair or not that's just how it is. Your goalie needs to be the strongest player mentally on the team night in and night out. It's not an easy position to play. Unfortunately I don't think Carey is very mentally tough, yet...I pray to God that he becomes it one day...

Then again I'm not CareyCost, I won't post in a GDT every time he lets in a bad goal. There's no point. But you won't find me coddling and sympathizing with someone who makes more money then I'll see in my life time.. When you pay the prices at the bell center don't you expect excellence from every single player on the team? I do. It's not fun paying $500 to watch your team get shallacked 5-0 and the first 3 goals came on the first 4 shots or whatever it was. You're right, it's not all on Carey but he needs to be held accountable like everybody else.

Either way I'm excited for the playoffs to see what this team is really made of.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:32 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Goalies don't score goals. If the forwards and defense men don't show up: you lose.

It's expected that a goalie lets in [0,3] goals a night but if the forwards don't score, if the PP looks neutered, if the defense constantly lose battles and get hemmed in.. You're going to lose.

The Price "debate" is unfair because he has a stretch of ~5 awful games and suddenly everyone has something to say about him when players like Bouillon and DD and Gionta and Moen have been bad for nearly the entire season (10x as long as Price) and they get a tenth of the heat.

Bouillon can't clear the crease for his life. If you watch closely on the PK, he's the one shovelling the puck out because he's god awful at winning space for himself. Moen has been a ghost. Gionta kills every breakout with his stupidity and predictability (do the video coaches only give Subban their notes? Someone has got to have talked to Gionta...) and DD has played with our best winger all season and has hamstrung the PP even with his sheltered minutes.

Price having a stretch of bad games is not that big a problem. If he keeps losing till the playoffs I'm still not worried because the team in front of him is to blame. If he loses in the first round then yes, questions should be asked and that's only fair. But 5 games does not undo and entire season and his "average" stats are a reflection of our crazy offensive gameplan which has, evidently, been figured out in recent weeks.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:40 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
all this kovalchuk talk... isn't he injured?

Old
04-23-2013, 05:09 AM
PricePkPatch

You know, I realized that if this was a full season, wed be in January and we would be suffering from our normal mid-season slump.

Old
04-23-2013, 06:04 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
all this kovalchuk talk... isn't he injured?
He was. He came back.

Old
04-23-2013, 06:58 AM
Schwang

Quote:
The difference being, there are still 11 other forwards who can score and play well, while there's only 1 goalie to stop the puck. Sure it's a team game, but man, some of the goals he's been letting in are scary!
Montreal had an incredible record when scoring first. They were in a position to play their game. However, since Price has been relinquishing the first goal, quite often on the first shot, quite often a WEAK shot, Montreal has been thrown off of their game. If you've ever played net, you'd know that if a goalie plays like crap, the team probably isn't going to win.

Old
04-23-2013, 07:09 AM
habtastic

Rope-a-dope ends tonight.

4-2 Habs. Kovalchuk quits on his team, flies to Russia on the Devils fan jet.

Old
04-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
I have a good feeling about tonight. Here's hoping it''s not just gas. Go Habs!

Old
04-23-2013, 07:57 AM
speed11

i'll be @ section 112

anybody else going?

Old
04-23-2013, 08:29 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
He was. He came back.
oh well...

Old
04-23-2013, 08:32 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Brodeur is getting a shutout.
And a hat trick.

Old
04-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Nedved

Old
04-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Demon Wolf

I for one am glad to see Armstrong back in the lineup. Really liked his play before he was injured, he really got going after a slow start.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:29 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Rope-a-dope ends tonight.

4-2 Habs. Kovalchuk quits on his team, flies to Russia on the Devils fan jet.
This has gone unnoticed, awesome comment.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:54 AM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
This has gone unnoticed, awesome comment.
How many people on this board venture out to the main boards these days to have caught this joke?

You guys keep saying you don't want to play the leafs in the first round...well, finishing fourth has an even worst outcome. Should we beat the laughs, wed face the pens in the second round...yaaaaa.

Closed Thread