HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Canadiens vs Devils - April 23, 2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2013, 07:16 PM
  #51
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
Nothing like playing the Devils to get back on tracks...



Hey, look its DD-Pac again

Rscorpio is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 07:21 PM
  #52
LeHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,808
vCash: 500
Big game by Price: 2-0 Habs.

LeHab is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 07:26 PM
  #53
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yellowknife
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
At this point, we'd probably get our ***** kicked by our own AHL squad that finished last. They get saves and they're tougher.
Oh the irrational price hate how original.

Aceekay is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 07:28 PM
  #54
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
Oh the irrational price hate how original.
Irrational ? Have you seem him lately ? That **** has got to change. He's a great goalie and if we're going to even win a game in the playoffs it will be in large part of him.

He needs to play well.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 07:52 PM
  #55
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yellowknife
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Irrational ? Have you seem him lately ? That **** has got to change. He's a great goalie and if we're going to even win a game in the playoffs it will be in large part of him.

He needs to play well.
All I'm saying continuously trashing price while so many players who are playing horrible and getting a free pass is getting tiresome, this whole team is playing bad, singling out one player is just stupid.

I'm not getting into a price debate

Aceekay is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 08:11 PM
  #56
Bryson
Registered User
 
Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
All I'm saying continuously trashing price while so many players who are playing horrible and getting a free pass is getting tiresome, this whole team is playing bad, singling out one player is just stupid.

I'm not getting into a price debate
I hate to state the obvious but you can still win games when forwards take games off or have off games. Not so much with your goalie. Price is also the highest paid player on the team. Time to start acting like it. The bottom line is love him or hate him how well he plays will be the determining factor in how far the habs go in the POs. That's a fact.

Bryson is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 08:44 PM
  #57
Kurplunk
Registered User
 
Kurplunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
Hey, look its DD-Pac again
Seems like it was gonna happen sooner or later =/

Kurplunk is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 08:47 PM
  #58
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
All I'm saying continuously trashing price while so many players who are playing horrible and getting a free pass is getting tiresome, this whole team is playing bad, singling out one player is just stupid.

I'm not getting into a price debate
No one deserves a free pass, except for maybe Diaz.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 08:55 PM
  #59
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yellowknife
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I hate to state the obvious but you can still win games when forwards take games off or have off games. Not so much with your goalie. Price is also the highest paid player on the team. Time to start acting like it. The bottom line is love him or hate him how well he plays will be the determining factor in how far the habs go in the POs. That's a fact.
So if pacioretty has 12(just guessing) bad games in a row, it's ok and he's in a slump. When price has 4 bad games it's he's lazy and overpaid trade him? How in the world can you say that these guys are aloud to suck but he's not? Ridiculous logic.

Aceekay is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:07 PM
  #60
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,867
vCash: 500
No matter how bad Brodeur and the Devils are playing I always expect Brodeur to get a shutout when playing the Habs.

sheed36 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:37 PM
  #61
Bryson
Registered User
 
Bryson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
So if pacioretty has 12(just guessing) bad games in a row, it's ok and he's in a slump. When price has 4 bad games it's he's lazy and overpaid trade him? How in the world can you say that these guys are aloud to suck but he's not? Ridiculous logic.
Everybody on the team including Markov and Plekanec have been nominated multiple times as trade bait here on HF, justified or not. That's just how our bipolar fans are. I was only pointing out that if Pacioretty's head is not in the game because his dog died or his wife left him there are 17 other guys out there to pick up the slack. Fair or not that's just how it is. Your goalie needs to be the strongest player mentally on the team night in and night out. It's not an easy position to play. Unfortunately I don't think Carey is very mentally tough, yet...I pray to God that he becomes it one day...

Then again I'm not CareyCost, I won't post in a GDT every time he lets in a bad goal. There's no point. But you won't find me coddling and sympathizing with someone who makes more money then I'll see in my life time.. When you pay the prices at the bell center don't you expect excellence from every single player on the team? I do. It's not fun paying $500 to watch your team get shallacked 5-0 and the first 3 goals came on the first 4 shots or whatever it was. You're right, it's not all on Carey but he needs to be held accountable like everybody else.

Either way I'm excited for the playoffs to see what this team is really made of.

Bryson is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 04:32 AM
  #62
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I hate to state the obvious but you can still win games when forwards take games off or have off games. Not so much with your goalie. Price is also the highest paid player on the team. Time to start acting like it. The bottom line is love him or hate him how well he plays will be the determining factor in how far the habs go in the POs. That's a fact.
Goalies don't score goals. If the forwards and defense men don't show up: you lose.

It's expected that a goalie lets in [0,3] goals a night but if the forwards don't score, if the PP looks neutered, if the defense constantly lose battles and get hemmed in.. You're going to lose.

The Price "debate" is unfair because he has a stretch of ~5 awful games and suddenly everyone has something to say about him when players like Bouillon and DD and Gionta and Moen have been bad for nearly the entire season (10x as long as Price) and they get a tenth of the heat.

Bouillon can't clear the crease for his life. If you watch closely on the PK, he's the one shovelling the puck out because he's god awful at winning space for himself. Moen has been a ghost. Gionta kills every breakout with his stupidity and predictability (do the video coaches only give Subban their notes? Someone has got to have talked to Gionta...) and DD has played with our best winger all season and has hamstrung the PP even with his sheltered minutes.

Price having a stretch of bad games is not that big a problem. If he keeps losing till the playoffs I'm still not worried because the team in front of him is to blame. If he loses in the first round then yes, questions should be asked and that's only fair. But 5 games does not undo and entire season and his "average" stats are a reflection of our crazy offensive gameplan which has, evidently, been figured out in recent weeks.

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 04:40 AM
  #63
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,611
vCash: 1707
all this kovalchuk talk... isn't he injured?

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 05:09 AM
  #64
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,420
vCash: 500
You know, I realized that if this was a full season, wed be in January and we would be suffering from our normal mid-season slump.

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 06:04 AM
  #65
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,558
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
all this kovalchuk talk... isn't he injured?
He was. He came back.

__________________
"I really like the way Drew Doughty plays the game. He's like a defenceman version of Erik Karlsson."
-68
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 06:58 AM
  #66
Schwang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Kingston, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceekay View Post
So if pacioretty has 12(just guessing) bad games in a row, it's ok and he's in a slump. When price has 4 bad games it's he's lazy and overpaid trade him? How in the world can you say that these guys are aloud to suck but he's not? Ridiculous logic.
The difference being, there are still 11 other forwards who can score and play well, while there's only 1 goalie to stop the puck. Sure it's a team game, but man, some of the goals he's been letting in are scary!
Montreal had an incredible record when scoring first. They were in a position to play their game. However, since Price has been relinquishing the first goal, quite often on the first shot, quite often a WEAK shot, Montreal has been thrown off of their game. If you've ever played net, you'd know that if a goalie plays like crap, the team probably isn't going to win.

Schwang is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 07:09 AM
  #67
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,206
vCash: 500
Rope-a-dope ends tonight.

4-2 Habs. Kovalchuk quits on his team, flies to Russia on the Devils fan jet.

habtastic is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 07:22 AM
  #68
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,120
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
I have a good feeling about tonight. Here's hoping it''s not just gas. Go Habs!

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 07:57 AM
  #69
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
i'll be @ section 112

anybody else going?

speed11 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:29 AM
  #70
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,611
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
He was. He came back.
oh well...

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:32 AM
  #71
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Brodeur is getting a shutout.
And a hat trick.

JLP is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:41 AM
  #72
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,752
vCash: 500

Nedved is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:53 AM
  #73
Demon Wolf
Registered User
 
Demon Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
I for one am glad to see Armstrong back in the lineup. Really liked his play before he was injured, he really got going after a slow start.

Demon Wolf is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:29 AM
  #74
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Rope-a-dope ends tonight.

4-2 Habs. Kovalchuk quits on his team, flies to Russia on the Devils fan jet.
This has gone unnoticed, awesome comment.

MonkeyBusiness is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:54 AM
  #75
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003
 
The n00b King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
This has gone unnoticed, awesome comment.
How many people on this board venture out to the main boards these days to have caught this joke?

You guys keep saying you don't want to play the leafs in the first round...well, finishing fourth has an even worst outcome. Should we beat the laughs, wed face the pens in the second round...yaaaaa.

The n00b King is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.