HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Fire Krueger

Old
04-22-2013, 03:05 PM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
Agreed that's what Mact announced during the press conference. So I wouldn't expect to see any coaching changes during the offseason. All this speculation is premature unless Krueger has lost the players support at the end of season interview.

Which I truly doubt. I think the young players really like him.
I'm sure they do like him, he seems like a great guy.

He just has the worst systems I've ever seen. Aside from Quinn, who didn't have any.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 6964
Nothing personal towards Krueger but I would rather see a proven NHL coach with some wins on his record moving forward.

And for gosh sakes, let him choose his own assistances. Enough with Bucky and Smith.

Proven NHL coach please.

Some teams are going to make an early playoff exit. Coaches will become available.

Why limit options?

Gret99zky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:33 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

I really wanted Krueger to have a good year this year. I really did.

But he's done absolutely nothing to show that he should be coaching here next year.

SeriousBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:38 PM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
Nothing personal towards Krueger but I would rather see a proven NHL coach with some wins on his record moving forward.

And for gosh sakes, let him choose his own assistances. Enough with Bucky and Smith.

Proven NHL coach please.

Some teams are going to make an early playoff exit. Coaches will become available.

Why limit options?
I'm doubtful about that. Coaches whose teams missed the playoffs are likely to get canned but I can't see any coach on a playoff team getting turfed. Maybe Yeo in Minnesota should the Wild fall into 8th and get steamrolled by the Hawks? (Which is looking very likely in this case)

The only other playoff coach I could see getting the axe is the McLellan in San Jose. Maybe, and this is a big maybe, Vineault in Vancouver if they lose in the first round. Torterella in NY might also get the axe but I don't think Sather would do that...

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Hugo Stiglitz

vCash: 1439
I heard that Hitchcock might be on his way out in St Louis, due to players tuning him out. If so, who would be on board with hiring him?

Hugo Stiglitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 480
Quote:

Proven NHL coach please.

Why limit options?
Because its easier. The M.O. of the Edmonton Oilers.

Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:16 PM
KlimasLoveChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
I heard that Hitchcock might be on his way out in St Louis, due to players tuning him out. If so, who would be on board with hiring him?
I've always thought that Hich would coach the oilers one day. While I'm not a fan of the style of play he likes to employ. I think at this point it the teams developement it would do them a world of good to have a task master in charge of things. I have no doubt that a number of the teams weaknesses would be improved in short order.

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Up the Irons

Wow! Even Tencer/stauffer r discussing/questioning the coaching. They r not direct, but there r clear insinuations being made. U know things r bad when.....

Old
04-22-2013, 07:27 PM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
Already? He's only been there for... what, 100 games?

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Unless MacTavish is planning on bringing in some bigger and tougher players hiring Hitchcock makes no sense. We don't have the personnel for him to have success.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:40 PM
The Messiah

Listening to Kreuger on the radio spots today, I have come to one conclusion. He's an idiot. He is not a good coach. Totally wrong for this team. Why would you not play Peckham at this point. You have nothing to lose. His stubbornness is a true reflection of how the Oilers organization runs itself.

The Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

Better for MacT to explore all options instead of saying coaching isn't the problem.

IIRC, Krueger was not replaced when he got bumped up to HC. Does Krueger get to pick his assistance or is MacKlowe just going to hire another former player for the role?

Old
04-22-2013, 07:54 PM
russ99

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlimasLoveChild View Post
I've always thought that Hich would coach the oilers one day. While I'm not a fan of the style of play he likes to employ. I think at this point it the teams developement it would do them a world of good to have a task master in charge of things. I have no doubt that a number of the teams weaknesses would be improved in short order.
God no, the last thing I want to see the Oilers do is play the patented Hitchcock dump, chase, clutch, grap, trap, clog system. Say what you want about Krueger, but at least we still play Oilers hockey.

Also it's proven that this generation of young athletes tunes out the gruff, tough, shouting taskmaster approach.

russ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
Listening to Kreuger on the radio spots today, I have come to one conclusion. He's an idiot. He is not a good coach. Totally wrong for this team. Why would you not play Peckham at this point. You have nothing to lose. His stubbornness is a true reflection of how the Oilers organization runs itself.
I wasn't a Ralph hater and definitely wasn't on the Fire Kreuger bandwagon but after listening to him again today, I've now *finally* come to the realization that he needs to go. Like, yesterday. I also realize it will have been 3-4 new coaches for the guys in the past 4-5 years or so but they need to nip this in the bud right now. He was a terrible hire. They need to bring in a respected, and respectable established NHL coach. Someone who will demand more and whip their ***** into gear because its clear as day twofold: that nobody, NOBODY on the team is buying into what he's selling and his message is falling on deaf ears and thus they don't respect him as a coach. I had high hopes but he's a moron. Assistant coach/motivational speaker, sure... he's no head coach at the NHL or leader of men. Kids and veterans alike aren't listening to him. Not to mention he's pretty terrible as a pure X's and O's guy, poor strategist and stubborn as hell.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Up the Irons

Quote:
Better for MacT to explore all options instead of saying coaching isn't the problem.

IIRC, Krueger was not replaced when he got bumped up to HC. Does Krueger get to pick his assistance or is MacKlowe just going to hire another former player for the role?
When has this organization ever exhausted all options? Its never happened.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Digger12

Said it before, and I still stand by it.

All hat, no cattle.

Just one of those guys that knows how to talk smooth and ace the job interview, but when it comes time to show your worth he's shown that he simply cannot be a head coach at this level. An assistant coach? Sure, as best we know he did have a hand in revamping the special teams and the players probably like his Mr. Rogers-esque "I'm OK, you're OK" approach.

This team doesn't need a head coach who is a player's buddy. They need someone who can coach his way out of a wet paper bag during a game and get the most out of his roster. Wreck-It Ralph can do none of that.

And for all that is good and holy, would he fricking STOP putting the 4th line out against the other team's first line when the Oilers have last change? It makes me want to high five his face with a brick.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

Krueger's way of speaking during the interviews mirrors his players. Afraid to get anyone's back up. Doesn't want to say or do anything to make another person mad.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
Said it before, and I still stand by it.

All hat, no cattle.

Just one of those guys that knows how to talk smooth and ace the job interview, but when it comes time to show your worth he's shown that he simply cannot be a head coach at this level. An assistant coach? Sure, as best we know he did have a hand in revamping the special teams and the players probably like his Mr. Rogers-esque "I'm OK, you're OK" approach.

This team doesn't need a head coach who is a player's buddy. They need someone who can coach his way out of a wet paper bag during a game and get the most out of his roster. Wreck-It Ralph can do none of that.

And for all that is good and holy, would he fricking STOP putting the 4th line out against the other team's first line when the Oilers have last change? It makes me want to high five his face with a brick.
This has been very noticeable and painfully frustrating. Drives me ****ing crazy.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Jamin

Mac T, Quinn, Renney, Krueger, New coach next year

Barring a massive change to the makeup of the team a new coach wont be able to get a bunch of small, soft under-achievers to suddenly play big and compete with the better balanced teams of the west

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:06 PM
KlimasLoveChild

Slap a pair of glasses on Krueger and this is what I see post game.

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:11 PM
abootzky

Quote:

...and now warming up in the bullpen: Old Smytty!

abootzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
I really wanted Krueger to have a good year this year. I really did.

But he's done absolutely nothing to show that he should be coaching here next year.
I'm in the same boat here. We blame Tambilini so much for this season, but this team should be better than what Kruger has gotten out of them. They were in a playoffs spot and have managed to lose every game except 1 until they were mathematically out of the playoffs.

He has this team playing such a boring ineffective style of play. Its not anywhere near what they need to be playing like. A good coach could have got these kids into the playoffs.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:01 PM
#ualberta

Stand by for pethtic krueger qoutes

Seriously though if we wamt to improve next year we will need a new coaching STAFF (including assistants)

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:06 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
At first, I gave Koach the benefit of the doubt, but it's getting harder and harder with some of the decisions he makes.

I'm on the bandwagon.

#firekrueger

Not at the end of the season.

Tomorrow.

AlowlyOilersfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:10 PM
#ualberta

@EdmontonOilers: "We saw an 'A' game from Anaheim and we couldn't match it. We couldn't rise up to their level tonight." - Coach Krueger

Gee, thats too bad

402 is offline   Reply With Quote