Transfer Rumors and Moves

And Continue

Old
04-22-2013, 08:41 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven
As a Bayern fan I don't think Gotze should leave Dortmund. He's the most exciting talent in German footy but a one-team league isn't fun and Bayern already have a ton of class and young, talented players. Unless one of Ribery or Robben leave this off-season I don't see where Gotze can come in without pushing someone who'd be a starter on nearly any team in the world, onto the bench. I already hate that Gomez, the goal scoring phenom that he is, has been scapegoated for last season's failings and has to feed off of scrap minutes - with Gotze coming in it'll probably be Robben and/or Kroos squeezed out and that's not right at all.

I'd probably sing a different tune if I didn't respect Dortmund and their project so much... They should pick up more talent, they shouldn't lose their star.

The only benefits I see are that a) Bayern are going to look so, so good next year if squad chemistry isn't disrupted by the sudden change to Pep and b) At least Gotze stayed in Germany.
Not sure how this could be a negative for Bayern, with Pep coming in there was always going to be squad turnover and I think it was obvious some stars might be looking for a new club or a smaller role. Götze is a young player with enormous potential who could grow into a Ballon D'Or caliber player under Guardiola's tutelage. Everyone should want that sort of player at their club.

A neutral fan like me may not like a "one team league" but I never expect anything else in Germany and a Bayern fan should *want* a one team league.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:08 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Not sure how this could be a negative for Bayern, with Pep coming in there was always going to be squad turnover and I think it was obvious some stars might be looking for a new club or a smaller role. Götze is a young player with enormous potential who could grow into a Ballon D'Or caliber player under Guardiola's tutelage. Everyone should want that sort of player at their club.

A neutral fan like me may not like a "one team league" but I never expect anything else in Germany and a Bayern fan should *want* a one team league.
Well, I don't think Bayern should or does want a one team league, but they sure as hell should not (and cannot) be the ones to make it happen. If this actually holds up, they got a fantastic player. One of the best young players in the game. Born in Bavaria, sleeping in Bayern sheets as a kid, as his grandfather said.

But I do understand Whiskey's feelings, and I had some of those myself. You have to respect Dortmund for what they have achieved over the past few years, and seeing some of that torn apart completely out of the blue is pretty rough. If there had been any indication, the thought would have eased in, and the blow would not have been as harsh. Not that I expect Dortmund to dissolve over this. But it's a dagger.

Another potentially telling quote from Klopp from shortly ago in regards to the estimated "Spanish standards" (in terms of two towering superpowers far ahead of the rest): "... but I am afraid that at the latest next season when we see Bayern's roster announced, we'll [be surprised] (...) I am more afraid of Scottish standards."

Old
04-22-2013, 09:19 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
Show Me Your TDs

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
So upset were losing him.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:26 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

pheeeeeeeew Winter is over !!!!!!

Evilo, is Sport.fr a credible source ?

Old
04-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Well, now there's one non-BILD source. Arnd Zeigler, a football show host, mentioned on facebook that he has it confirmed from an active player he would not mention.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
How much is Isco's out clause now? 40mil?

I'm pretty sure Dzeko is coming, but man Götze leaving will be horrible.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
So Bayern has had the most dominant season ever in Bundesliga history and now they might add one of the top young players in the world from the team who finished second to them? I like it if true.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:09 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Well, now there's one non-BILD source. Arnd Zeigler, a football show host, mentioned on facebook that he has it confirmed from an active player he would not mention.
The response in the morning will be very interesting. If Watzke and Klopp didn't turn off their cellphones they probably didn't get much sleep.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
The response in the morning will be very interesting. If Watzke and Klopp didn't turn off their cellphones they probably didn't get much sleep.
I wonder about that, as well. I imagine they are absolutely fuming about this coming up and/or out at this time, most of all. At this point, I'd be somewhat surprised to get clear rejections, but on the other hand, anything else would lead to rough reception for Götze on Wednesday. Just a terrible scenario getting so much worse through timing.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:43 AM
TheMoreYouKnow

The Dortmund-based Ruhr Nachrichten report that according to information available to them the transfer will be officially announced by the clubs today.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:48 AM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

This is terrible for football. Almost pushing me to a point where I'd cheer for Barcelona tomorrow.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:18 AM
TheMoreYouKnow

Sky and others report Borussia Dortmund will release an official statement on the matter in the next few hours.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:19 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
pheeeeeeeew Winter is over !!!!!!

Evilo, is Sport.fr a credible source ?
Don't know frankly, I don't use it.

As for the Gotze transfer, this should be bad news to any non Bayern fans.
Heck, I said a few weeks ago I didn't like the way Bayern always went after the talents of the competitive german teams and I was told I was wrong.
They have a huge history of doing this.
As for Gotze, you just don't do that to your club if you respect it. You go abroad and maybe at some point you go back to Bayern, but you don't go from one to the other.
It's just not doable.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:35 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Thanks Evilo

They are rporting Taider (Bologne) is attacting interest form Milan and Dortmund

Milan would be more credible, since Dortmund has a lot of good midfielders

Old
04-23-2013, 03:09 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
I said a few weeks ago I didn't like the way Bayern always went after the talents of the competitive german teams and I was told I was wrong.
They have a huge history of doing this.
I'm surprised people disagreed with that statement to be honest.

You just have to go back through the history books to see they've done it for a long time. Yes they do develop some of their own, but not as much as they buy other team's top players.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:20 AM
TheMoreYouKnow

Dortmund have confirmed that Götze and his agent have approached the club and expressed his desire to move to Bayern. However they claim to not have been contacted by any Bayern officials.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:22 AM
The_Human_Atombomb

Quote:
However they claim to not have been contacted by any Bayern officials.
If he has that release clause I'm not even sure Bayern has to contact them.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:23 AM
TheMoreYouKnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Human_Atombomb View Post
If he has that release clause I'm not even sure Bayern has to contact them.
Well, Bayern do need to fulfill the formality of paying 38 million Euro.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:44 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I'm surprised people disagreed with that statement to be honest.

You just have to go back through the history books to see they've done it for a long time. Yes they do develop some of their own, but not as much as they buy other team's top players.
Well, which team in the world does have more players in their starting teams out of their own academy than they have brought in from elsewhere? Bayern probably has one of the best quotas for that, amazingly.

And I don't even see how that concept is what people get from this transfer, of all. It's one of the best young players in the world, and he's from Bavaria. This kind of transfer is all about getting Götze on your team - getting Götze off Dortmund isn't even a secondary concern.

Well, I completely do understand the general frustration, though. Sincerely. I would not have seen any chance of this happening and it does (surprisingly quicky, yet) secondarily sadden me to see Dortmund lose him this early.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:00 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Well, which team in the world does have more players in their starting teams out of their own academy than they have brought in from elsewhere? Bayern probably has one of the best quotas for that, amazingly.
As Evilo pointed out "I didn't like the way Bayern always went after the talents of the competitive german teams"

Which is what I was referring to. Yes they do bring up some of their own youth players, but they are notorious for signing players on a regular basis from competitive teams in Germany for many years now, whether the players are needed or not (just look at the rumours of Rode moving to Bayern for example)

Of course players are always going to have more bought players then academy raised players, but that isn't the point I'm making, as it's fairly obvious this is the case in football, or in fact most sports.

Quote:
And I don't even see how that concept is what people get from this transfer, of all. It's one of the best young players in the world, and he's from Bavaria. This kind of transfer is all about getting Götze on your team - getting Götze off Dortmund isn't even a secondary concern.
Sure any team in the world would love Götze.

I just think it's hypocritical from Hoeness, given he just said days ago he's worried about the competitiveness of the Bundesliga, then goes out and gets Götze. And if reports are to be believed, this has been in the works for a few days now, around the same time he made the comments.

But I should know by now the likes of the top people at Bayern, like Hoeness have very few, if any morals. Specially when they have people wearing poncho's in the stands to spell out a sponsor name.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:14 AM
TheMoreYouKnow

Bayern are just a really cleverly run club. Poaching players from rival Bundesliga clubs is good for a number of reasons, for one they quite often simply are excellent players, secondly they have already proven they can play at the BuLi level, thirdly you prevent the creation of an equal rival.

And that's the thing, how would it be Bayern's job to assure they have a rival? It's their job to get maximum results for themselves. Football is the most darwinistic of pro sports ironically, it's every club for themselves.

I also took Hoeness's remarks to be a comment on the problems of the teams behind Dortmund - which for the most part have very little to do with Bayern (which Bayern transfer caused Schalke to fall off? Or Bremen?). In fact, Dortmund and Schalke happily joined in "poaching" Gladbach's best players making sure they are nowhere near as good as they were last year.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:18 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
As Evilo pointed out "I didn't like the way Bayern always went after the talents of the competitive german teams"

Which is what I was referring to. Yes they do bring up some of their own youth players, but they are notorious for signing players on a regular basis from competitive teams in Germany for many years now, whether the players are needed or not (just look at the rumours of Rode moving to Bayern for example)
Well, which top team isn't notorious for signing players that impressed in their domestic leagues? United? City? Barca? Real?

Quote:
I just think it's hypocritical from Hoeness, given he just said days ago he's worried about the competitiveness of the Bundesliga, then goes out and gets Götze. And if reports are to be believed, this has been in the works for a few days now, around the same time he made the comments.
I don't think that is hypocritical. (Although there might be a lot of hypocrisy confirmed on his part these days, on a more personal level, but a lot of that remains to be seen.) He can be legitimately worried. But him wanting a more competetive league obviously can't mean Bayern should stop looking to improve. When they can get one of the best young players in the game and a Bavarian at that, you do that. Preventing Spanish standards isn't something Bayern should make happen by seeking to not up their level. (EDIT: TMYK beat me to that point. Made it better, too.)

Last edited by Vipers31: 04-23-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old
04-23-2013, 06:31 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Now time to see if Klopp gets hate by BvB fans like Wener after selling RvP.

Disappointed that Gotze went to Bayern. Especially with all these Arsenal rumors. But lets be real, why the hell would Gotze want to join Arsenal lol

Old
04-23-2013, 06:42 AM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Everything said: it's nice that Gotze is at least staying in Germany. How good would it have been in Ozil and Khedira stayed?

edit: I'm otherwise completely opposed to the transfer, aside from preventing external clubs from getting him I don't see the point with such a strong squad already available to Bayern.

Closed Thread