HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gorges says 'We're soft'... Who is the soffest Hab?

Old
04-22-2013, 04:15 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
Spot on.
I would even part with Gorges to get a more physical Dman. We have three great PMD in Markov, PK and Diaz... we need a physical D to complement each pairing.

Yesterday I watched Colorado vs St. Louis... in the 2nd period Palushaj hit Roman Polak on the forecheck and knocked him down, Polak got up grabbed Palushaj and punched him right in the face. That's the kind of Dman we need.. ready to go to war.
huh...

after receiving a heavy but LEGAL bodycheck, Polak went full ****** and punched Palushaj, got a 2 min and the Blues got scored on this particular PP.

and this type of d-man you think we're missing had such an intimidating presence than on his next shift Palushaj went heavy on the forecheck again to throw another hit... and he kept crashing the net whenever there was an occasion...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:40 PM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Lol this board is quite pathetic bashing on Gorges for telling the truth. He is always out there, to face the media good time or bad. He is not hiding, not shy to blame himself when he plays like **** and people still bash him.

Seriously, what did he say wrong? Were we soft? Yes, we were. Did he play bad game when he said he was the one to blame? Yes, he was terrible in that game. What do you want him to do. He is clearly a leader in this team and he's not shy to face the music.

Tough crowd.
Gorges is an annoying puke, I wish he would have left with Cole. The guy is a bum.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Koivu 11

lol @ anyone saying Plex...this guy is a real pro and is very proud of how he works out there every single shift. He ALWAYS draws calls and often himself goes off for initiating beef with another player, he talks smack and gives nice little slashes behind the plays and stick jabs. You dont have to drop the gloves to be "tough" on the ice all the time, he gets under opponents skin constantly and goes into the corners and always battles for pucks and usually wins the battles.

Just the other game vs Philly look at him vs Briere...cmon his opponents respect him alot.

DD on the other hand...he literally moves right out of the way when guys come in at full speed and hands them the puck. He hasn't always played like this in his career but he really isn't looking good right now...

Koivu 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:21 PM
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned

vCash: 300
You guys giving Gorges crap for his interviews? This takes the cake

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...ed-share-video

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:14 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
huh...

after receiving a heavy but LEGAL bodycheck, Polak went full ****** and punched Palushaj, got a 2 min and the Blues got scored on this particular PP.

and this type of d-man you think we're missing had such an intimidating presence than on his next shift Palushaj went heavy on the forecheck again to throw another hit... and he kept crashing the net whenever there was an occasion...
You missed the point, Ken Hitchcock says it best..

“Boys will be boys. You found out, don’t open the Roman Polak door. Don’t ever open that door."

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:57 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
You missed the point, Ken Hitchcock says it best..

“Boys will be boys. You found out, don’t open the Roman Polak door. Don’t ever open that door."
huh, think you're missing one thing in your analysis, well a few actually
1. the were scored on Polak penalty, Avs didnt have to look back afterwards
2. NO ONE, no even skinny Palushaj, were intimidated by his punch, guys kept going in his corner regardless
3. Avs players were still crashing the net after the punch
4. at no point did the Polak punch lifted the Blues or anything.

I get that you'd like our D to be more physical (who wouldnt, really) but the Polak thing you're bringing up is the total opposite of what you want your physical players to bring.

and huh, if that's the way Polak react to physicality, not only do I want to open that door if I'm facing the Blues, but I want to make sure it stays open all game long.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:00 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Gorges is an annoying puke, I wish he would have left with Cole. The guy is a bum.
Disgusting opinion.

Gorges has sacrificed his body blocking shots, checking and getting hit like crazy for years. How can you be a Habs fan and hate a guy that bleeds bleu blanc rouge like Gorges? Oh he's had a few bad games! Yeah lets turn on him at the slightest occasion

''annoying puke''

''bum''

Why this board allows its posters to insult players on this team is beyond me. Keyboard warriors typing that guys like Gorges are soft.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 06:22 AM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Disgusting opinion.

Gorges has sacrificed his body blocking shots, checking and getting hit like crazy for years. How can you be a Habs fan and hate a guy that bleeds bleu blanc rouge like Gorges? Oh he's had a few bad games! Yeah lets turn on him at the slightest occasion

''annoying puke''

''bum''

Why this board allows its posters to insult players on this team is beyond me. Keyboard warriors typing that guys like Gorges are soft.
I never said Gorges was soft. He just isn't particularly good. A couple of games never changed my opinion, it's been my opinion all along. He's an offensive black hole without any transition game and skates like he's in quicksand.

I know, I know, someone with opinion that isn't the same as everyone else's should be banned. I was being a tad bit sarcastic with the annoying puke/bum comments.

OMGzzzz he blocks shots for the bleu bland rouge, therefore I have to love him. He's showing his true colors this year, he's closer to 4th/5th dman than he is to a number 1 or 2, which is fine. His comments during the lockout were immature and uncalled for. His leadership/intangibles are highly overrated, being good at hockey is much more important.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 06:58 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I find him annoying lately (in fact I've written quite a bit about it) because he seems to just talk talk talk and in fact implicate OTHERS as not playing within the team system when he is just brutal this season. I actually really like him when he's not spouting off and just playing good hockey. I'm glad we have him, but when things go against us, he is the biggest poser and it's irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koivu 11 View Post
lol @ anyone saying Plex...this guy is a real pro and is very proud of how he works out there every single shift. He ALWAYS draws calls and often himself goes off for initiating beef with another player, he talks smack and gives nice little slashes behind the plays and stick jabs. You dont have to drop the gloves to be "tough" on the ice all the time, he gets under opponents skin constantly and goes into the corners and always battles for pucks and usually wins the battles.

Just the other game vs Philly look at him vs Briere...cmon his opponents respect him alot.

DD on the other hand...he literally moves right out of the way when guys come in at full speed and hands them the puck. He hasn't always played like this in his career but he really isn't looking good right now...
Just want to say +1 regarding Pleks. There's a reason he's a gangsta. Mad respect for 14. DD is just having a bad season. I honestly don't have enough of a sample size to know how he's going to respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
You guys giving Gorges crap for his interviews? This takes the cake

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...ed-share-video
Please, Gio isn't making some grand soapbox. He IS the captain and answers the questions. They're clichés, but they're true and tbh, he has been a lot better than Gorges in terms of sticking to the system. I get annoyed with him too, but then I take a peek at his stats and I see that he's really not dropped off in production that much. It's mostly about the tone. Gorges just seems disconnected from the reality of his own suckitude. He has in the past been our most effective shutdown D and great shot blocker. Now...not so much.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 07:06 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Lol this board is quite pathetic bashing on Gorges for telling the truth. He is always out there, to face the media good time or bad. He is not hiding, not shy to blame himself when he plays like **** and people still bash him.

Seriously, what did he say wrong? Were we soft? Yes, we were. Did he play bad game when he said he was the one to blame? Yes, he was terrible in that game. What do you want him to do. He is clearly a leader in this team and he's not shy to face the music.

Tough crowd.
Quote plz for when he singles himself out. He does the exact opposite. He hides under the umbrella of the team's lack of success.

As for hiding, who is hiding??? He just gets the most mics in his face cuz they know he's going to give another momentous bashing of the team (as a whole) and talk about how they have to blah blah blah.

I don't actually mind the soft comment, I mind the constant posturing in font of cameras after each blowout and then going out there and being crap again - not following his own "advice". I hardly think anyone on this team is shy of giving an interview given there are at least 5 players mobbed after each game. Price is one of them and despite him hitting a really bad patch, he comes off as composed and cognizant of his own failure. Price actually gives me hope that things will change, Gorges just depresses me.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Disgusting opinion.

''annoying puke''

''bum''

I don't have a problem with his dedication to the team. His play hasn't been as sharp but he's still not doing a bad job.
I have an issue with his words though. Not those ones, can't really argue that the boys haven't looked soft lately. They really haven't looked all that interested during the games, but his comments during the lockout and on PK have just turned me off. They just made him look bad and dumb.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote