HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Is There Anybody Out There?" | Oilers vs. Ducks (Part 2) | 4.22.2013 | 7:30 PM

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Horcoff can at least score. Smyth can't do anything.
Who cares about Ryan Smyth. Put him in the press box all year next year if you have to. Or buy him out. I don't give a **** about Smyth.

Shawn Horcoff has been the captain of the worst organization in NHL history. He is the epitome of the wrong kind of player on this team.

He's a soft as butter, overpaid, mediocre player who brings nothing unique. He is not good defensively, offensively and brings zero energy. He is a waste of space. The captain of your team can't be so god damn lethargic. When was the last time Shawn Horcoff got mad? I think I vaguely recall him trying to beat up Sami Kapanen once.

The guy is a zombie out there 1/2 the time. Skates around and waives his stick at guys instead of actually doing anything.

We talk about how this team lacks energy night in and night out. Shawn Horcoff hasn't done anything to change the momentum of a hockey game in years. This is the captain. The leader. Its a joke.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Can't watch the Jays either. At least the Oilers were predicted to suck by most.
Yup. The Blue Jays gave another game away.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
MacKinnon anybody?
If the Oilers are tanking, the Panthers are in full retreat. The others teams below the Oilers aren't playing much better. In other words, they won't be drafting top 3 unless they win the lottery.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Yup. The Blue Jays gave another game away.
Which leaves me with the Esks, and that honestly could turn out pretty bad too.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
04-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Agron
BELIEVE.

we cant even make a pass. this team is ****ing ball sack

Old
04-22-2013, 09:09 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Another sparkling PP coming up.

Old
Tommy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Who cares about Ryan Smyth. Put him in the press box all year next year if you have to. Or buy him out. I don't give a **** about Smyth.

Shawn Horcoff has been the captain of the worst organization in NHL history. He is the epitome of the wrong kind of player on this team.

He's a soft as butter, overpaid, mediocre player who brings nothing unique. He is not good defensively, offensively and brings zero energy. He is a waste of space. The captain of your team can't be so god damn lethargic. When was the last time Shawn Horcoff got mad? I think I vaguely recall him trying to beat up Sami Kapanen once.

The guy is a zombie out there 1/2 the time. Skates around and waives his stick at guys instead of actually doing anything.

We talk about how little this team lacks energy night in and night out. Shawn Horcoff hasn't done anything to change the momentum of a hockey game in years. This is the captain. The leader. Its a joke.
Nicely said Spawn., and a very rich one at that This organization is so laughable I've literally given up.,

Old
BarDownBobo

'If any Oiler scores 5 goals you could win 1 million dollars!'

They could probably do that promo for if all Oilers combined score 5 at this point and probably be safe.

Old
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:

We talk about how this team lacks energy night in and night out. Shawn Horcoff hasn't done anything to change the momentum of a hockey game in years. This is the captain. The leader. Its a joke.
No kidding. When has this guy fought like 3-4 years ago? When has he had a great hit that inspired the team? When has horcoff done anything inspriational since like 2006? All i here is that his work ethic is second to none, and clearly thats making the kids excel...

Old
04-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Del Preston
Pass to Purcell

vCash: 50
11 periods left.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Which leaves me with the Esks, and that honestly could turn out pretty bad too.
The Oil Kings are keeping my interest in sports hanging by a thread.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Laodongxi

vCash: 3196
Quote:

Totally agree. No fire left in this guy whatsoever. Going through the motions, over and over. Needs to be gone. Need fresh leadership.

Old
Hockey Nightmare

I've heard Horcoff referred to as a great overpaid third line centre. No, he's not even a third line centre . I'm not sure he belongs on any line.

Old
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
11 periods left.
Sad that the next date of interest for me is the draft lottery, although I don't expect them to win it. It's a week from today for those of you who are unaware.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:

If this team wants to go anywhere they need to be rid of Horcoff and Smyth, period. Horcoff's cap hit could cover two really good 3rd liners.

04-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
The Oil Kings are keeping my interest in sports hanging by a thread.
True.

It's pretty sad that out of the sports teams that I cheer for (Raps, Jays, Oilers, Esks, Oil Kings, Barons), only 2 of them are any good, and those are the ones that don't really have any top level professional athletes (yet) on them.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Sad that the next date of interest for me is the draft lottery, although I don't expect them to win it. It's a week from today for those of you who are unaware.
Oh we'll win it. It just rewards management for failure, again.

Pretty sad that the only satisfaction we get from the Oilers is not from them beating other teams, but from them trolling other teams by winning the lottery every year.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
True.

It's pretty sad that out of the sports teams that I cheer for (Raps, Jays, Oilers, Esks, Oil Kings, Barons), only 2 of them are any good, and those are the ones that don't really have any top level professional athletes (yet) on them.
I think that the Raptors are a playoff calibre team since the Rudy Gay acquisition. It's too bad that it happened as late as it did. They'd be in the playoffs this year.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Tommy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
If this team wants to go anywhere they need to be rid of Horcoff and Smyth, period. Horcoff's cap hit could cover two really good 3rd liners.
With MacT back in, these 2 are his favorite., probably both get resigned

Old
04-22-2013, 09:19 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
It's great watching other teams actually try to block shots.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy35 View Post
With MacT back in, these 2 are his favorite., probably both get resigned
Or promoted. That is our way...

Old
04-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Angry Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
I've heard Horcoff referred to as a great overpaid third line centre. No, he's not even a third line centre . I'm not sure he belongs on any line.
I think that a major problem with the team in recent years that doesnt get discussed much is the lack of leadership from the senior players and Horcoff has to be the main recipient of blame for this. With a coach who believes in the power of positivity, it means that no one is holding slack performers to account - coach or the leadership group
We are seeing the results of this with the on ice performances

Old
MetaOil1993

vCash: 450
This is just embarrassing I hope the fans boo them out of the building. Turnover after turnover.....We have no one in the back end who can pass the ****** puck either, slow useless vets. Boy MacT sure has his work cut out for him. What a mess.

Old
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
I think that the Raptors are a playoff calibre team since the Rudy Gay acquisition. It's too bad that it happened as late as it did. They'd be in the playoffs this year.
Only in the weak Eastern Conference.

Pretty sad that this GDT is filled with OT talk instead of talk about the actual game.

Old
04-22-2013, 09:21 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Does Potter have like naked pictures of Krueger? What the hell, how does fistric get sat out and he steps in? What does potter do!? I DONT GET IT

Closed Thread