HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Conference Champions vs Canucks | 04.22.13 | 10 pm EST

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2013, 09:51 PM
  #226
zac
Registered User
 
zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
One of the worst periods they've had all season.
I don't think so. We've looked a little bit lost at times, but Vancouver really came out HARD and kept it up for the entire 20 minutes. One of the few instances where I thought the gaping disparity in play was more a result of our opponent dictating play rather than us wetting the bed (which is the norm).

zac is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:51 PM
  #227
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
Oustanding??? This year?? You've got some pretty weak ass standards.

Right now he is the 5th best dman on our team. As frustrating as Oduya can be, I feel much more comfortable him, Leddy, or even Roszival on the ice. Outside his heavy (but errant) shot he largely lives on a reputation that exists only in people's minds.
, and I'm an Oduya supporter.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:52 PM
  #228
The Frenchman
Registered User
 
The Frenchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 730
vCash: 500
i have WOW what channel is it on!?

The Frenchman is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:53 PM
  #229
AmishRenegade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Niagara Falls
Country: Canada
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
its a game thread not a season thread. they look like **** this game so the posts are negative. nothing wrong with that
Some people seam to just thrive here when they are having a bad game. Bottom line is 44 games in and 5 regulation losses.


Edit: not meant to be directed at you MadGoat.

AmishRenegade is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:53 PM
  #230
Taze em
Registered User
 
Taze em's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,117
vCash: 500
Looks like the Hawks looked at the standings and realized how utterly pointless this game is.

Taze em is online now  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:53 PM
  #231
ralph0226
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
Oustanding??? This year?? You've got some pretty weak ass standards.

Right now he is the 5th best dman on our team. As frustrating as Oduya can be, I feel much more comfortable him, Leddy, or even Roszival on the ice. Outside his heavy (but errant) shot he largely lives on a reputation that exists only in people's minds.
I see you've been watching the same Seabrook that I've been watching. He's had some flashes of "outstanding" this season, like Saturday night, but he's been some what of a disappointment this year.

ralph0226 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:53 PM
  #232
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian
 
Bring Back GLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Blackhawkville
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
For the Nucks this is like Game 7 SCFs right now. For the Hawks they're waiting till next Tuesday to give a damn.

Bring Back GLR is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:54 PM
  #233
ndgt10
Registered User
 
ndgt10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Country: United States
Posts: 5,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taze em View Post
Looks like the Hawks looked at the standings and realized how utterly pointless this game is.
Did the Pens do the same? Or did they just beat down a team fighting for a playoff spot on their home ice?

ndgt10 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:55 PM
  #234
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 17,337
vCash: 500
Foley ...lol. Line of the year.

HawksFan74 is online now  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:55 PM
  #235
zac
Registered User
 
zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Read through the pages again. Not that it matters. The amount of having to focus on negatives about a team that's 34-5-5, in general, warrants all the mockery people can come up with.
What? There wasn't a whole lot of positives in that period, but Vancouver came out skating hard and dictated play from start to finish. I'm sure if there would have been more positive posts if the play had warranted such. Unfortunately it did not.

I'd be surprised if we don't come out with more juice in the 2nd period.

zac is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:55 PM
  #236
ralph0226
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Did the Pens do the same? Or did they just beat down a team fighting for a playoff spot on their home ice?
I still say there's something to be said about momentum going into the playoffs.

ralph0226 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:55 PM
  #237
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,385
vCash: 500
Seabrook's had far more good games than bad. FFS this board is beyond hopeless. You guys need someone to single out and **** on. Whether it's accurate or not.

Anyone suggesting Seabrook is anything less than an outstanding NHL Dman is a joke.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:56 PM
  #238
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 17,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Did the Pens do the same? Or did they just beat down a team fighting for a playoff spot on their home ice?
Why do you give a rats ass about what the Pens are doing?

HawksFan74 is online now  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:56 PM
  #239
ndgt10
Registered User
 
ndgt10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Country: United States
Posts: 5,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
For the Nucks this is like Game 7 SCFs right now. For the Hawks they're waiting till next Tuesday to give a damn.
What exactly are Nucks playing for tonight?

ndgt10 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:57 PM
  #240
zac
Registered User
 
zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
, and I'm an Oduya supporter.
Oduya's biggest problem is his propensity for turnovers, but a majority (save for when Brookbank is playing) of the defensive zone gaffes come when Seabrook is on the ice. He's been terrible this season.

zac is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:57 PM
  #241
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 17,337
vCash: 500
Foley goes, "if you're still watching on CSN+2......if you could even find it.."lol

HawksFan74 is online now  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:57 PM
  #242
ndgt10
Registered User
 
ndgt10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Country: United States
Posts: 5,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Why do you give a rats ass about what the Pens are doing?
Exact same situation.

ndgt10 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:58 PM
  #243
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 17,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
What exactly are Nucks playing for tonight?
You realize they have not clinched their division... right? You also realize it's a 1-0 game going in to the 2nd.

HawksFan74 is online now  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:59 PM
  #244
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
Oduya's biggest problem is his propensity for turnovers, but a majority (save for when Brookbank is playing) of the defensive zone gaffes come when Seabrook is on the ice. He's been terrible this season.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:59 PM
  #245
BoHorvat53
Crabs!
 
BoHorvat53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You realize they have not clinched their division... right? You also realize it's a 1-0 game going in to the 2nd.
Minny is bad. Canucks could lose all their games and still win their division.

BoHorvat53 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:00 PM
  #246
zac
Registered User
 
zac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Seabrook's had far more good games than bad. FFS this board is beyond hopeless. You guys need someone to single out and **** on. Whether it's accurate or not.

Anyone suggesting Seabrook is anything less than an outstanding NHL Dman is a joke.
Anyone defending Seabrook with the season he's had is a joke.

If he didn't have great teammates propping his ass up all the time the stats would definitely bear that out. The complete lack of effort, common sense, and urgency on (usually) numerous plays in a given game is inexcusable for a "#2" defensemen. I cannot believe you are seriously defending him.

If he moves back up to the #1 pairing with Keith it's an indictment of Q's cluelessness. Giving Hammer and Keith as many minutes as possible gives this team the best chance to win going forward. If you don't find that obvious than you truly are a lost cause.

zac is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:01 PM
  #247
BronYrAur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,275
vCash: 500
Dave Bolland hurt yet again.....?? Good Lord....

Pirri?

BronYrAur is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:01 PM
  #248
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 17,337
vCash: 500
Kruger always has a very confused look on his face.

HawksFan74 is online now  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:01 PM
  #249
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Foley goes, "if you're still watching on CSN+2......if you could even find it.."lol
lol love Foley

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:01 PM
  #250
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
Anyone defending Seabrook with the season he's had is a joke.

If he didn't have great teammates propping his ass up all the time the stats would definitely bear that out. The complete lack of effort, common sense, and urgency on (usually) numerous plays in a given game is inexcusable for a "#2" defensemen. I cannot believe you are seriously defending him.

If he moves back up to the #1 pairing with Keith it's an indictment of Keith's cluelessness. Giving Hammer and Keith as many minutes as possible gives this team the best chance to win going forward. If you don't find that obvious than you truly are a lost cause.
Zac, everyone understands you need a Dman to hate. If it's not Seabrook, it's Keith. You can give it up now.

I repeat: Anyone denying Seabrook as an outstanding NHL Dman is a joke.

HockeySensible is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.