HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Leafs vs Sens (McLaren vs Kassian) Headbutt attempt?

Old
04-21-2013, 03:23 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
I'm well past it... you're the one that called it a "coward move" because he "didn't want to be embarrassed".
Uhhh.. I never said that, maybe someone else did? and whoever said that is obviously trolling.

H2ODP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:24 PM
TieClark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
Uhhh.. I never said that, maybe someone else did? and whoever said that is obviously trolling.
Sorry, was this guy below
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Kassian had MacLaren tied up. There's no excuses for his headbutt. He couldn't get his hands free and didn't want to get embarrassed, especially on a HNIC game. The headbutt was a coward move. Nobody can defend that.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 04:17 PM
GenericFan2*

Quote:
Between Kassian and Neil, Orr finished off the Battle of Ontario season series as the Sens personal punching bag.
You gotta win something

GenericFan2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
As for leaf fans... I think having Orr and McLaren (and Brown as well) as regular fighters has us expecting slugfests every fight. Neil held on for dear life against Orr... there's no denying that. Kassian however here was throwing while not allowing McLaren lose. There is a difference.
Neil did not "hang on for dear life" at all. He simply was fighting better than Orr was. The fight lasted 33 seconds and Neil threw 14 punches to Orr's 4 (http://dropyourgloves.com/fights/Gam...px?Game=422377). How can one be "hanging on for dear life" and throwing 14 punches? Makes no sense to me.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 07:59 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Neil did not "hang on for dear life" at all. He simply was fighting better than Orr was. The fight lasted 33 seconds and Neil threw 14 punches to Orr's 4 (http://dropyourgloves.com/fights/Gam...px?Game=422377). How can one be "hanging on for dear life" and throwing 14 punches? Makes no sense to me.
Easy... by holding onto his jersey and then his ear strap when he lost grip of the jersey. Like I said... if you want to consider little rabbit punches that would hurt as much as a flick in the nose would than good for you.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:05 PM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 153
Hair pulling and head butting? What a terrific fighter.

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Easy... by holding onto his jersey and then his ear strap when he lost grip of the jersey. Like I said... if you want to consider little rabbit punches that would hurt as much as a flick in the nose would than good for you.
So you mean he was able to pull out a win, throwing 14 punches and landing eight, while still not letting Orr connect on any bombs?

Hmm, I actually never thought of it that way. Great job by Neil!

Old
04-21-2013, 08:33 PM
TieClark

Quote:
So you mean he was able to pull out a win, throwing 14 punches and landing eight, while still not letting Orr connect on any bombs?

Hmm, I actually never thought of it that way. Great job by Neil!
Sure thing. Glad you found some small victory this year

Old
04-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Sure thing. Glad you found some small victory this year
Hey, when you lose a season series 4-1, you have to look for positives

Old
04-21-2013, 08:38 PM
TieClark

I'm a leafs fan... I'm well aware of small victories

Old
04-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Smokey McCanucks

Nevermind the cotroversy, this was a great fight, maybe fight of the year, McLaren's combo of hair-pull/headbutt/missing with a giant haymaker and falling on his face was the greatest moment of this hockey season in my opinion.

Smokey McCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Kesselology
License to Phil

wow what a horrible fight. If I wanted to watch two grown men hugging each other and getting intimate in the name of pro sports I would have turned on UFC. Kassian wins, and McLaren needs to step up his game.

Kesselology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 01:07 PM
TMLer
#HireJFJ

Eh, if Mclaren wanted to headbutt him, he would've done some damage. Think he was more trying to get some space. Nonetheless, decision goes to Kassian.

As for the Neil debate going on, he's slowly being seen in the same light as Kaleta. Goes around acting tough, doesn't shut up, yet never drops the gloves.

TMLer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 555
Kassian gets the win, but that was the worst fight of the year for the Leafs. It was horrible in person and just as bad in replay. Waste of time and effort for both of them, nothing to be proud of here.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazembiggs View Post
Pretty bad fight but I didn't like the headbut from Mclaren he was frustrated that he couldn't get his arm free but that doesn't make it ok. He's better then that and actually a pretty clean player.
Way late to the party but I agree for the most part. Nothing Mclaren has done makes me think he intentionally attempted to headbutt Kassian with the intent to injury. I think it was more to annoy than anything. Kassian dominated Mclaren though.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Ziggy66

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLer View Post
Eh, if Mclaren wanted to headbutt him, he would've done some damage. Think he was more trying to get some space. Nonetheless, decision goes to Kassian.

As for the Neil debate going on, he's slowly being seen in the same light as Kaleta. Goes around acting tough, doesn't shut up, yet never drops the gloves.
meh.

Neil has been dropping the gloves since 01 and has fought some pretty rough characters in his career. If you have followed the game for the last 10-15 years you would have respect for him as he has fought everyone who has been someone and is someone in the enforcer/tough guy game. Domi, Chris Simon, Odjick, Parros, Shelley, Boulton, Mair, Lucic, Orr, Glass, Jackman, Corson, Asham, Oliwa, Godard, A. Peters, Hordichuk, Clarkson, Thronton, Brookbank, Gausted, Chara, white, Engelland, Westgarth, R. Rypien (RIP), Brashear, Belak...and alot of these guys he has fought multiple times.

I will defend the guy bc he is a player that has been doing this forever and is always a gamer regardless of who he goes against. Obviously he is slowing down with age and is taking on more of a grinder role for the team and not an enforcer role as that is why ottawa brought in Kassian but at least he does drop the gloves once in a while still. Orr, Prust, Gleason, Crombeen and Regehr isnt too bad of a list.

Comparing him to Kaleta though come on man.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:50 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinology View Post
wow what a horrible fight. If I wanted to watch two grown men hugging each other and getting intimate in the name of pro sports I would have turned on UFC. Kassian wins, and McLaren needs to step up his game.
Two grown men werent hugging eachother, one was throwing punches and the other wasnt. It was a good fight from Kassian, McLaren did F all, dont blame it on both fighters for you thinking it was a boring fight. When is this excuse gonna stop for Leaf fans every time one of their players loses a fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLer View Post
What are you talking about? Neil isnt even close to Kaleta. He fought Orr this year once and chased McLaren aronud for a whole shift trying to fight him at the end of the game before this one. Hes pretty much always smaller then the guys hes fighting and has fought plenty of heavy weights. Hes not even remotely close to Kaleta lol

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Man Bear Pig

I see all the Leafs trolls were drooling when they saw this thread title. Kassian won, no big deal. Guy can fight. Looked like Mclaren threw a headbutt, who knows if it was on purpose or if he was off balance. Before people start throwing around the classless remarks lets remember that this is the same guy who destroyed a Senator earlier in the season and felt horrible about it. The same guy who let up on Gorges when he could have killed him. How quickly people forget.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:46 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
I see all the Leafs trolls were drooling when they saw this thread title. Kassian won, no big deal. Guy can fight. Looked like Mclaren threw a headbutt, who knows if it was on purpose or if he was off balance. Before people start throwing around the classless remarks lets remember that this is the same guy who destroyed a Senator earlier in the season and felt horrible about it. The same guy who let up on Gorges when he could have killed him. How quickly people forget.
great point

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:48 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Yea i hate neil but he is not kaleta. Kaleta is the lowest of low

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:00 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
True.

The whole McLaren - Dziurzynski incident definitely gave me more respect for McLaren. I didn't have any real personal feeling towards McLaren because this year had been the first year I really saw him play. I'm sure like any enforcer, they don't want to see each other injured (even though DD isn't an enforcer). They're all in the same boat. They're relied on to fight, or else they're in the AHL riding the buses. Being injured = unable to fight, which means less job security. As a human being, McLaren obviously felt bad and it was great to see him actually reach out.

So with that being said, I hope the headbutts weren't intentional. We won't ever really know. Personally, I think they were, because there's no way it happens twice by accident. I don't believe the hair pulling was intentional. It was just like a jersey grab would be and he let go right away.

Also to note: If I had to make an assumption, I'd guess that McLaren isn't the biggest fan of Kassian. I don't think he appreciated Kassian showboating after he beat Orr. I haven't seen McLaren showboat until he beat Kassian the same night Kassian beat Orr. He knew he was in tough here as Kassian was able to throw, plus had a death grip on McLaren. It's possible the adrenaline was pumping and he didn't think before doing something like this.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:57 AM
H2ODP

Quote:
True.

The whole McLaren - Dziurzynski incident definitely gave me more respect for McLaren. I didn't have any real personal feeling towards McLaren because this year had been the first year I really saw him play. I'm sure like any enforcer, they don't want to see each other injured (even though DD isn't an enforcer). They're all in the same boat. They're relied on to fight, or else they're in the AHL riding the buses. Being injured = unable to fight, which means less job security. As a human being, McLaren obviously felt bad and it was great to see him actually reach out.

So with that being said, I hope the headbutts weren't intentional. We won't ever really know. Personally, I think they were, because there's no way it happens twice by accident. I don't believe the hair pulling was intentional. It was just like a jersey grab would be and he let go right away.

Also to note: If I had to make an assumption, I'd guess that McLaren isn't the biggest fan of Kassian. I don't think he appreciated Kassian showboating after he beat Orr. I haven't seen McLaren showboat until he beat Kassian the same night Kassian beat Orr. He knew he was in tough here as Kassian was able to throw, plus had a death grip on McLaren. It's possible the adrenaline was pumping and he didn't think before doing something like this.
Kassian is usually animated after his fights, It's something I noticed even before he came to Ottawa.. I agree with the rest of your post as well.

Old
04-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Gavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Yep...Kassian easy and clear decision. I guess when McLaren doesn't jump on Kassian's back he can't really do much besides headbutt.
Bahaha. Ya, Mcclaren can't fight. lmfao

Gavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolarama View Post
Hair pulling and head butting? What a terrific fighter.

Anyways, pretty ****** fight, no big punches thrown. W to Kassian on a points basis, as usual with Senators fights (not including that Zach Smith fight)

Drop The Mits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:29 PM
H2ODP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post

Anyways, pretty ****** fight, no big punches thrown. W to Kassian on a points basis, as usual with Senators fights (not including that Zach Smith fight)

I gave McLaren a full win over Kassian in round one last month. A win is a win, no need for a half credit/half trolling post. This is pretty much what I would expect a typical Leaf fan intent on trolling to post. Just give a win without attempting to discredit it. It's kind of annoying.