Either we fans have a complex because of whats happened in the past, or there is really something about the team that is unable to handle the big game. Im really not sure which one it is anymore. All i know is, i miss the pesky team we had to start the year and all of last year. Where did they go?
A bit of everything. You can feel the anxiety of the crowd during games. We act like we're in church most of the time and it gives an...odd...feeling in our own building. The guys on the ice are used to feeding on emotion, and our fanbase feeds them more anxiety and nerves than excitement.
It really does feel like the team is out of gas. It's been a difficult year. Even seeing Karlsson come back probably won't help.
Just said on Team 1200 that Spezza skated today-only 15 min but still.
No where near ready, maybe prepping himself for the World Championship.
I hope Ottawa's got the next two - they should have done better against a depleted Pittsburgh missing all of their top performers (what a ****ing beast this team is turning out to be especially after the Morrow/Iggy/Murray acquisition - class of the East). Karlsson’s likely back against the Flyers.
Reffing was beyond terrible, in fact Ottawa’s got their share of good breaks today from the zebras. Ottawa just happens to be terrible offensively. :-(
1) The pp coach needs to watch film of how the other teams score goals. He obviously knows nothing about that skill.
2) The guys need vitamins. They look tired in a short season. Ban them from golf on their off days. Imagine if they had to play an 82 game schedule. If they can't find their legs then bring up some energy guys from Bingo
3) Sit Condra. He's useless. Dress O'Brien or anyone else from Bingo who can score once in a while.
4) Tell Neil to forget about trying to intimidate anyone. Stick to hockey and getting to the net.
5) On that subject: Stop talking about getting traffic at the net in every player interview and actually do it.
6) Stache needs to find some new line combos. These don't work
7) When you shoot at the net will you please hit the darn thing.
8) Tell the D to use their wristers once in a while. Never mind looking for the open lane and the big windup. Change it up a bit.
To be fair to the players, I think they look like they're playing stupid a lot of the time, or that they aren't energized because they're frustrated. You like to think the game is on the level but we see **** called on us that goes uncalled when our opponents do it, and that has to take its toll.
Gryba's penalty was interference by the book. When do we get PPs off pkays like that? Nobody's in front of the net to get rebounds because they're impeded or wrapped up.
Maybe it's for the best since our PP is atrocious and saps momentum, but it's gotta be tough playing your game when you get the short end so often.
Why Matt Cooke wasnt taken care of in the last game still boggles my mind... Why wait 2 months and deal with all the media BS? Just deal with it and move on...
Once again the leadership group of this team fails to get the team going for a big game...
Im so sick of Kyle Turris lately... Is this guy 13 years old? Seems like hes always outmuscled, he is always gassed, falling down, gets tossed from 1/2 his draws... This guy isnt a rookie... He is going on his 3rd pro contract and he hasnt figured it out yet... A guy like Pageau plays with more sack and intensity than Turris...
We still control our own destiny. But the sixth spot is looking completely out of reach right now. We still have a good shot at making it: winning two or winning one while Winnipeg loses one.
I think we clinch on Saturday. Winnipeg loses tomorrow to Washington, and we take Philadelphia at home. But we'll finish eighth and get matched up against the Penguins, which is going to be very, very tough.