HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Nazem Kadri vs Derek Stepan

View Poll Results: Nazem Kadri or Derek Stepan
Nazem Kadri 83 46.11%
Derek Stepan 97 53.89%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Larry Hoover

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Says this after he responds, with Giroux stats to boot. Sorry couldn't let that one go.
Lol I meant respond to his next post...maybe should've phrased that differently.

Larry Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:36 PM
CaptainCally

Depends what you need in the future. Stepan could turn into a 2-way C good for around 70 points with possibly getting 1-2 seasons where he is PPG. Stepan is the safer bet.

Kadri is more of a risk, he's gonna be a nhler but the question is how good. If he reaches his potential he could be an offensive threat, 90-100 points while not being anything than average/good in every zone.

So if your team has a Malkin I'd take Stepan. If your team had a Kesler I'd take Kadri since that would make the team so much better overall and complete IMO.

Kadri or Stepan, pick any of them and your set. There should be a tie/wash option. I picked Stepan but going into the future I'd picked ''Tie'' if there was an option.

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:47 PM
John Stamos
theDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
There should be a tie/wash option. I picked Stepan but going into the future I'd picked ''Tie'' if there was an option.
this

I would have voted tie as well

John Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:56 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Both incredibly smart players, with elite level vision. Both have good tools in all aspects of the offensive game. Kadri is obviously much faster while Stepan is better defensively. In terms of in game i think its a wash, but I take Kadri due to age and I feel he has the higher upside.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Funny to think that a year ago this would have been barely a 2nd liner vs a career minor leaguer

04-22-2013, 03:50 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Funny to think that a year ago this would have been barely a 2nd liner vs a career minor leaguer
Ain't that the truth! I can admit that I thought Kadri wasn't going to be able to become a NHL regular. Didn't think he had the right mindframe and I didn't think his skill would translate in the NHL. I have no problem with admitting that I called Kadri a ''bust'' on several instances.

However Stepan is a different matter. I always saw him as a 70 pt C, so I'm glad that it looks like I may have been right in that regards at the very least .

Old
04-22-2013, 03:52 PM
CaptainCally

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Both incredibly smart players, with elite level vision. Both have good tools in all aspects of the offensive game. Kadri is obviously much faster while Stepan is better defensively. In terms of in game i think its a wash, but I take Kadri due to age and I feel he has the higher upside.
I agree with this post, however they're the same age actually. Stepan's ceiling is 70pt 2-way C, with 1-2 PPG seasons IMO. Kadri ceiling is 90-100 point offensive player.

They're quite different IMO. Same age and both got good vision but the comparisons stop there.

Kadri is more of a skilled forward with vision while Stepan is a cerebral 2-way C.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:39 PM
SnowblindNYR

Am I the only one that hates it when there's a "tie" option? No tie forces people to actually make a decision. A tie option is a cop out. Though a tie option does give homers (Leafs and Rangers in this case) a chance to vote "tie" if they actually believe the other guy is better, and not feel like they betrayed their team.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:54 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 783
They're the same age Leafs fans...

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:07 PM
seanlinden

As a Leafs fan, Stepan, and it wasn't a difficult call either.

The guy is 3-years proven in this league, and he's got a complete game. Kadri without a doubt has been impressive this year, but he's got a lot of holes in his game, has a 45-game sample size, and tends to score in bunches (often, when Lupul's on his line).

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:50 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 783
Once Kadri gets better defensively, and In the dot, it will be closer.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:51 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post

The guy is 3-years proven in this league, and he's got a complete game. Kadri without a doubt has been impressive this year, but he's got a lot of holes in his game, has a 45-game sample size, and tends to score in bunches (often, when Lupul's on his line).
That's interesting because Stepan is the exact opposite. The dude has ONE game where he's had more than 2 points all season. Started off with 5 points in 11 games. Since then he's had points in 25 out of 34 games. In that 34 game stretch he's had 2 instances where he went pointless for consecutive games and it was only 2 games in a row.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Atomos2
BLUE NOISE

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post

"Often" is not the word I would use to describe how long Lupul has been in the lineup.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:11 PM
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
ummm....they're the same age !!

WhatThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote