HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Thread (5/2: Staal/Boyle skate with scratches, Clowe doing off-ice work)

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2013, 03:08 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

vCash: 500
I'm not professional on eyes so bare with my potentially dumb question, could blurriness in the effected eye be corrected with a special contact?

Old
04-22-2013, 03:31 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Matt (Kingston ON)

If / when Staal returns, which Ranger D-man gets scratched? Same for Dorsett, which Forward loses his spot?

Katie Strang (3:24 PM)

Steve Eminger will likely sit when Staal returns. Guessing it would be Darroll Powe for Dorsett
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...h-katie-strang

Old
04-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Affinity

Does Dorsett PK? Not sure how I feel about sitting Powe over Asham while Boyle is out.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Um, need another center if Powe comes out.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
04-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Yeah that too...

Old
04-22-2013, 04:02 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Yeah that too...
Torts will call up Miller and put him in place of Kreider.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:10 PM
pld459666

If Dorsett can come back before Saturday, I play him against the Canes and sit him against teh Debbies as I can see that game being a veyr physical battle and I would hate to lose him to a possibly re-injury type situation.

No matter what, any combo of players that keeps Boyle on the bench is a combo of players I can support.

Old
04-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
No matter what, any combo of players that keeps Boyle on the bench is a combo of players I can support.

"Challenge accepted."

Old
04-22-2013, 04:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
If Dorsett can come back before Saturday, I play him against the Canes and sit him against teh Debbies as I can see that game being a veyr physical battle and I would hate to lose him to a possibly re-injury type situation.

If he's ready to go he won't be susceptible to re-injury. The bone will be stronger than it was before.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:00 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:

They don't allow players to get back in with unhealed bones. I don't imagine he would be allowed to take place in a physical practice, let alone a game.

I'd have to think it's pretty much healed at this point if he's shooting and taking part in drills. Just a matter of getting the body into condition

Old
04-22-2013, 05:24 PM
SnowblindNYR

Not looking good for Staal?

Old
04-22-2013, 05:26 PM
SnowblindNYR

BTW, I just looked at Dorsett's stats. No matter how grinding of a game he plays, I hope it's not on the 3rd line.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:44 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

I hate to be the guy who suggests sitting the rookie, but when Dorsett gets back, I want Kreider on the bench first. He is least seasoned, and frankly with his performance in the AHL hasn't earned the right to play with the big club.

Once Boyle gets back, I'd probably go Pyatt. I think he adds the least. Granted he has been playing well, but he is still pretty much a "blah" player. He leaves the line-up he is not missed. Powe brings some nice energy and I think he should stay aboard. I also really like Asham. I think he is the one depth player on this team who actually has some offensive ability. He also very useful when toughness becomes required.

I would probably ice this in the playoffs:

Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Clowe-Brassard-Nash
Boyle-Richards-Zuccarello
Dorsett-Powe-Asham

Old
04-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
BTW, I just looked at Dorsett's stats. No matter how grinding of a game he plays, I hope it's not on the 3rd line.
1. There is no 3rd line. there are 3 scoring lines, each with an attempt at balance.

2. His stats are better than Pyatt, and by all accounts he is too.

Old
04-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
I hate to be the guy who suggests sitting the rookie, but when Dorsett gets back, I want Kreider on the bench first. He is least seasoned, and frankly with his performance in the AHL hasn't earned the right to play with the big club.

Once Boyle gets back, I'd probably go Pyatt. I think he adds the least. Granted he has been playing well, but he is still pretty much a "blah" player. He leaves the line-up he is not missed. Powe brings some nice energy and I think he should stay aboard. I also really like Asham. I think he is the one depth player on this team who actually has some offensive ability. He also very useful when toughness becomes required.

Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Clowe-Brassard-Nash
Dorsett-Powe-Asham
Possibly switch Boyle and Dorsett depending on play and for the sake of speed, but otherwise, that's what I have.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:40 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Not looking good for Staal?
Not looking good for what? Perhaps not good for a return tomorrow. He's basically day to day or week to week at this point.

Old
04-22-2013, 06:49 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
The way i see it is, If we clinch, Staal will likely comeback for Game 1. Whether he's 100% or not. (Because he wants to not because we want him back)

Old
04-22-2013, 07:13 PM
ck20

Quote:

Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Clowe-Brassard-Nash
Dorsett-Powe-Asham
What? Kreider tore up the AHL in his second stint before getting recalled to the Rangers to ride the bench 75% of any given night, instead of staying with the Whale and getting top-line minutes (and he could have helped them actually make playoffs, but that ship has sailed).

Old
04-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:
What is your perception of what a typical third liner's stats should be?

Old
04-22-2013, 08:34 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
What? Kreider tore up the AHL in his second stint before getting recalled to the Rangers to ride the bench 75% of any given night, instead of staying with the Whale and getting top-line minutes (and he could have helped them actually make playoffs, but that ship has sailed).
Crazy, right?

Sure, the big club had an injury and no one to fill the spot on the roster, but still.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:17 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan
Clowe-Brassard-Nash
Dorsett-Powe-Asham
There are VERY few things in life that make my blood boil (no pun intended) than seeing Brian Boyle anywhere above the 4th line. It sends me into a mass depression. Please Torts don't listen to GaBorat, PLEASE!

Old
04-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
That answer Katie gave was probably assuming Boyle was back. If Dorsett and Boyle both come back I see Kreider and Powe coming out.

Clowe-Brassgod-Nash
Hags-Steps-Cally
Pyatt-Richie-Zuccs
Dorsett-Boyle-Asham

Doesn't look to bad to me, perhaps Powe in for Asham.

McD-Girardi
Staal-Moore
DelZ-Strals

Doesn't look too bad either.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:29 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Torts was praising Powe a week ago I believe and caught the correlation of our PK giving up goals while he wasn't in the lineup, not sure if it's indicative of who he'd choose to play tho

Old
04-22-2013, 11:16 PM
JD123

Powe needs to stay in lineup especially for pk and energy he brings. Most likely Kreider is sent back down. Even Torts made mention that he was basically called up just because of Boyles injury so unless he pots 2 or more goals in the next game or two I don't see how Torts will be convinced on keeping him up with the big club. Kreider isn't gonna crack top 3 line minutes (or get powerplay time) so it's probably best he be sent down.

Old
04-22-2013, 11:17 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD123 View Post
Kreider isn't gonna crack top 3 line minutes (or get powerplay time) so it's probably best he be sent down.
Whale season's over. There's no down to be sent back to

Closed Thread