HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Training Camp Roster

Old
09-01-2006, 10:27 PM
David A. Rainer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
On a more serious note, is it an indication of where certain players will end up based on their numbers? What I mean is Anze Kopitar has been given #11 and Patrick O'Sullivan has been given 26, whereas Trevor Lewis has been given #61 and Joey Mormina #73. So is this a clear indication that both Kopitar and O'Sullivan will play for the Kings this season since they have normal numbers?
While I understand what you mean by this... by your reasoning, Gretzky should have been cut.

09-01-2006, 10:32 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
It would appear a numerical roster has been posted on lakings.com

Apparently, the Kings need a proof reader as they misspelt Winnipeg and have a couple guys listed twice. The thing that infuriates me the most is that they claim Saskatoon is in Ontario!

On a more serious note, is it an indication of where certain players will end up based on their numbers? What I mean is Anze Kopitar has been given #11 and Patrick O'Sullivan has been given 26, whereas Trevor Lewis has been given #61 and Joey Mormina #73. So is this a clear indication that both Kopitar and O'Sullivan will play for the Kings this season since they have normal numbers?
Not really...Pushkarev and Petiot have had there numbers for a long time and still havent gotten a spot on the Kings. And to answer your other question,

Joey Mormina
Dany Roussin

Are my bets to be in reading the suck....

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 12:58 AM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Frazier McLaren

Went to the WHL mini tourney in Everett. Watched the T-birds demolish a young Winterhawks team 11-1. McLaren was one of a very few Hawks player who showed any emotion whatsoever....meaning he threw a couple big hits here and there and took a roughing pen in the 3rd.

On a side note, i was dissappointed that Bud Hollaway didnt suit up for the Birds as it was my first real chance to see a Kings prospect live.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 02:08 AM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Rainer View Post
While I understand what you mean by this... by your reasoning, Gretzky should have been cut.
Oh I know there's special cases and to me 99 is a normal number. Its the non-typical hockey numbers like the 50's and 70's the Kings are giving out to long shots, it would seem. Besides, if the Kings gave Kopitar 99 it would mean he's definitely going to stick around.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2006, 07:23 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Ha, I just noticed that 44, has gone to Tukonen. Hopefully he wipes the tarnish off the former Modry number.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Dolphinwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Ha, I just noticed that 44, has gone to Tukonen. Hopefully he wipes the tarnish off the former Modry number.
I definitely hope Tukonen makes the club, and I look forward watching some Kings games on NHL network if he does!

Dolphinwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:

Make John McIntyre proud

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Shootmaster_44

I guess this settles it once and for all. According to the Habs website Eric Neilson has been invited to rookie camp.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=5141

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
I think we still have Tenkanen's rights. For a year.
More than a year if what was mentioned before is accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc
Here's what was reported on a Caps Report podcast during the season in response to my question to the draft right expiration for non-CHL draft picks(source: Caps media staff/writer, etc., as told to them by someone in hockey operations)

European draft picks need to be signed by:

Drafted in or prior to June 2002: June 1, 2006

Drafted 2003: June 1, 2007

Drafted 2004: June 1, 2008

Drafted 2005: June 1, 2007

Drafted 2006: June 1, 2008

Russian players: not the same because Russia has not signed the IIHF transfer agreement

Also, College Players: August 15 year they graduate or August 15 of what would have been their graduating year

I think it is a little strange that they have longer to sign the 04 European draft picks than the 05 picks, but that has to do with pre vs post new CBA timing

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
I've always wondered why teams bother drafting players like Karlsson and Tenkanen, if they have no intentions of signing them?
It's because the draft rights to a European prospect could be held indefinitely before. It made it a good investment if they exploded and blossomed into something worthwhile.

Heck, we had the rights for Martin Strbak since 1993 and didn't have to sign him until he showed some promise many years later.

It was a win-win situation before the signing deadlines because if they panned out, great. If they sucked then you didn't waste the money to give them a contract. And THAT was why drafting Euros had its pluses.

Now that Europeans have the same signing requirement as Canadian junior players, you may see a trend towards drafting guys out of college since they don't need to be signed to a contract until after their college eligibility expires, which squeezes out just a little bit more time to see how they pan out.

Last edited by Primakov!: 09-07-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 04:55 PM
FuTMaR*

Gleason, Tim D 6-1 202 St. Albert, Alta.

isnt he from michigan?

FuTMaR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviate View Post
Gleason, Tim D 6-1 202 St. Albert, Alta.

isnt he from michigan?
Yes

They got his an Greenan's birthplaces backward

42 Gleason, Tim D 6-1 202 St. Albert, Alta.
64 Greenan, Chad D 6-2 193 Clawson, MI

Old
09-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Fripp

I was tossing around the idea of going to Kenniwick WA for the US division WHL pre-season tournament, but really since most of the prospects people are interested in are at NHL camps, its taken some of the luster away. That and its finally under 95 degrees on a weekend; theres so much else to do.

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote