HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumors & Proposals Thread Vol. 15 | Oilers Pick 7th OV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2013, 09:27 PM
  #476
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Hmm, maybe, I'd rather see Hartikainen go instead (if that's possible). Orlov is small though, only 5'11" (according to eliteprospects)

I like this guy, but I'm not sure how much better it makes the Oilers going forward. I'd rather see the Oilers make a larger move with Gagner for Alzner or something.
He's also 210 lbs, kid is thick, not small.

Also, the Oilers can afford a small dman, the group they have now is really quite big.

40oz is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:28 PM
  #477
N5991989
Oilers Fan
 
N5991989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
Stelick made some stupid comments during the intermission.

N5991989 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:34 PM
  #478
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,247
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
They just said on Sportsnet that the Oilers should move Hall, RNH or Yakupov and they can because of the emergence of Sam Gagner.

They're pathetic and dreadful. I would be nicer if they just ignored the team instead of half assing it.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:34 PM
  #479
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,247
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
He's also 210 lbs, kid is thick, not small.

Also, the Oilers can afford a small dman, the group they have now is really quite big.
True, but they need toughness on the blueline, not sure how much of that Orlov brings.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:41 PM
  #480
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
He's also 210 lbs, kid is thick, not small.

Also, the Oilers can afford a small dman, the group they have now is really quite big.
I'd love to get Orlov. He was the best dman by alot in the world juniors one year. Good player to try for if not too pricey.

Beerfish is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:43 PM
  #481
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
They just said on Sportsnet that the Oilers should move Hall, RNH or Yakupov and they can because of the emergence of Sam Gagner.

That was seriously a good laugh. Sportsnet is pretty awful.

MetaOil1993 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 09:45 PM
  #482
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
That was seriously a good laugh. Sportsnet is pretty awful.
How does sportnet consistently hire the people with the dumbest opinions in all of hockey?

s7ark is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:07 PM
  #483
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored
 
notloilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret99zky View Post
It's looking like a top 5 pick is getting more and more likely.

30, 30, 29, 26-25?

sigh.
Looks like improvement to me!!

notloilersfan is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:09 PM
  #484
Master Lok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
How does sportnet consistently hire the people with the dumbest opinions in all of hockey?
hint: don't listen to opinions on sportsnet. they truly know nothing. I'm convinced they have only a passing knowledge of the Oilers.

Master Lok is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:09 PM
  #485
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,069
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
Looks like improvement to me!!
if we keep improving at this rate, we'll be in playoffs in a few years. =)

AlowlyOilersfan is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:10 PM
  #486
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
How does sportnet consistently hire the people with the dumbest opinions in all of hockey?
Tell me about it , I mute the intermissions or change the channel. Its unbearable listening to these clowns.

Anyone got interest in Nikita Nikitin? I have been impressed when I watch Jackets games. I was thinking maybe a deal around Hemsky for him but then they went and got Gaborik.

MetaOil1993 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:15 PM
  #487
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
Tell me about it , I mute the intermissions or change the channel. Its unbearable listening to these clowns.

Anyone got interest in Nikita Nikitin? I have been impressed when I watch Jackets games. I was thinking maybe a deal around Hemsky for him but then they went and got Gaborik.
I think they mentioned that the Oilers should grab Mike Smith again in the second intermission. Yeah, Smith really wants to come here...not to mention Dubnyk is fine and isn't going anywhere anyways.

As for Nikitin, I am good friends with a few knowledgeable Jackets fans who think Nikitin really has taken a step back this year and is defensively questionable. I wouldn't deal Hemsky for him for sure.

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:25 PM
  #488
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
I think they mentioned that the Oilers should grab Mike Smith again in the second intermission. Yeah, Smith really wants to come here...not to mention Dubnyk is fine and isn't going anywhere anyways.

As for Nikitin, I am good friends with a few knowledgeable Jackets fans who think Nikitin really has taken a step back this year and is defensively questionable. I wouldn't deal Hemsky for him for sure.
No thanks to Smith, He would be awful here with our system and defense....

I was impressed on the Jackets game I watched. Solid defensively, Can move the puck, decent offensive instincts and a bomb of a shot. I just don't think we will get a lot for Hemsky anymore. Maybe Nashville will have some interest in him this summer?

MetaOil1993 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:28 PM
  #489
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
No thanks to Smith, He would be awful here with our system and defense....

I was impressed on the Jackets game I watched. Solid defensively, Can move the puck, decent offensive instincts and a bomb of a shot. I just don't think we will get a lot for Hemsky anymore. Maybe Nashville will have some interest in him this summer?
With the diminished value he has, I don't want Hemsky moved. Don't forget, even our team full of offensive stars has struggled to score on some occasions. I want him to stay until at least 2014 trade deadline.

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:35 PM
  #490
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
With the diminished value he has, I don't want Hemsky moved. Don't forget, even our team full of offensive stars has struggled to score on some occasions. I want him to stay until at least 2014 trade deadline.
I guess but he wasn't providing really any offense this year. We can hope that he improves but if we can move him for a bigger top 9 forward then I am all for it. example: a player similar to Bickell/Greening etc....

MetaOil1993 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:39 PM
  #491
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gret99zky View Post
it's looking like a top 5 pick is getting more and more likely.

30, 30, 29, 26-25?

Sigh.
but look at that jump!!!!

Sloth Slothersons* is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:42 PM
  #492
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaOil1993 View Post
I guess but he wasn't providing really any offense this year. We can hope that he improves but if we can move him for a bigger top 9 forward then I am all for it. example: a player similar to Bickell/Greening etc....
He has been, it's just inconsistent and in bunches. The guy has all of the talent in the world but I honestly can't figure him out.

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 10:55 PM
  #493
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit
 
dustrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,750
vCash: 500
The fact that people wouldn't move Hemsky for Nikitin is hilarious to me

dustrock is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 11:00 PM
  #494
Paralyzer008
Registered User
 
Paralyzer008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
The fact that people wouldn't move Hemsky for Nikitin is hilarious to me
Guy has a 20 point pace this season even though he's gained an offensive reputation.

Like I said, Jackets fans have been saying his defensive game has been way worse this season than last year.

Paralyzer008 is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 11:44 PM
  #495
TarTransition
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Very curious to know what the board thinks about this proposal. Yak to Florida for the #1 pick if they win the lottery. I think this qualifies as a bold move to help Mac-B make his mark, and one that fills an area of weakness with one that we are strong in. Seth Jones could be just what the doctor ordered for this team. Once he's comfortable with the NHL pace, pair him with Petry and our top pairing is solved for a decade. I love Yak as much as anyone else, but he isn't helping keep the pucks out of the net. Hall is going to be the heart of the team, so it doesn't make any sense trading Eberle, his best bud. Think Florida would bite on this, with maybe one of our second picks?

TarTransition is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 11:45 PM
  #496
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
I gotta stay off the main boards--the offers there are getting silly

__________________
trying to fend off exwife number 2
45000/010113
GO SHARKS GO
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 11:47 PM
  #497
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarTransition View Post
Very curious to know what the board thinks about this proposal. Yak to Florida for the #1 pick if they win the lottery. I think this qualifies as a bold move to help Mac-B make his mark, and one that fills an area of weakness with one that we are strong in. Seth Jones could be just what the doctor ordered for this team. Once he's comfortable with the NHL pace, pair him with Petry and our top pairing is solved for a decade. I love Yak as much as anyone else, but he isn't helping keep the pucks out of the net. Hall is going to be the heart of the team, so it doesn't make any sense trading Eberle, his best bud. Think Florida would bite on this, with maybe one of our second picks?
Nope we might get first pick this year anyway...oh wait we fired Tambo before the lottery.

Nope we got some good D prospects. We need actual NHL defense man with experience not more rookies. Take the big C and call it a day.

Why add for the first overall this year when Yak was 1st overall last year?.....

MetaOil1993 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:04 AM
  #498
TarTransition
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
I think an established number 1 d is going to cost us too much (like Yak and an first + ?), so I'd be more inclined to develop an almost sure bet, and maybe sign or trade for an aging quality veteran in the post season. There has to some options with teams looking for cap relief in the summer. I think Weber, OEL, etc are highly unlikely, so this is a slim chance to get a true #1 D. The 2nd is to sweeten the pot if required.

TarTransition is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:12 AM
  #499
Seedling
Fan level 7?
 
Seedling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,475
vCash: 50
Tank the night off so we can draft Barkov!!!!!

Seedling is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:21 AM
  #500
MetaOil1993
Registered User
 
MetaOil1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarTransition View Post
I think an established number 1 d is going to cost us too much (like Yak and an first + ?), so I'd be more inclined to develop an almost sure bet, and maybe sign or trade for an aging quality veteran in the post season. There has to some options with teams looking for cap relief in the summer. I think Weber, OEL, etc are highly unlikely, so this is a slim chance to get a true #1 D. The 2nd is to sweeten the pot if required.
As good as Jones sounds he isn't a sure bet to be a #1 defense man. Florida would take that deal and run. Yak is someone they can sell tickets too and especially with there d-core set with Gudbranson, Kulikov etc, They need star forwards to play with Huberdeau.
We got some good defense prospects we need defense man who can play now.

If the Oilers sign Streit this summer I hope they can sign a solid defense man like a Rob Scuderi. Maybe Scuds would help J Schultz since he seems to play good with offensive defense man (Letang and Doughty)

MetaOil1993 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.