HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pittsburgh Visited Ottawa

Old
04-23-2013, 02:07 AM
MiscBrah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
argghhh the level of posting is horribad (like teens say)

Don't care much anymore though, the rats come out when the ship is sinking, let' em be I guess

And I can't believe Turris is becoming a scapegoat so fast... what a pathetic fanbase

How long before it's Zibanejad or Silfverberg's turn? Next year? The year after?

Yeah, try to say I'm wrong for fun lol
?

I'm the biggest Turris supporter. Do a search for him in my post history and you'll see. He's been sucking lately. People are going to be upset. How many times is he going to hold the stick of the defense man when he goes into the corner? How many times is he going to make bad decisions? I get he's on the 1st line and he's not ready, but **** it get annoying. The only reason he doesn't look even worse is because he's been playing with Alfie.

He has 10 goals, but how many are empty nets? srs. It's like 3-4 I think.

MiscBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:08 AM
MiscBrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ODP View Post
Contrary to what other fan bases think, Chris Neil isn't really the kind of guy to go up to Matt Cooke and just start pounding him, sure he took a gloved shot at the end of the game the night Karlsson went down at Cooke, but he didn't "Boyle" him like Carkner would. I think it could get to that point with Neil in the right circumstance, but usually the other combatant is willing and they mutually go, even if it's occasionally a non-fighter. It's why Neil's never been suspended. Matt Carkner would have no hesitation at all, like we've all witnessed multiple times during his tenure here. Neil is sort of an enforcer/pest hybrid so you'll see a lot of variety in the types of players he fights, but he's not crazy like Carkner.
No No I get that. I know he isn't that kind of player. I just wish he was sometimes...

MiscBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:10 AM
KAPOW
has no rispeck

turris is painful to watch lately. he just can't handle any pressure it seems. therefore shuffel the lines and give him minutes against worse lines.

conacher - zibanejad - alfie
michalek - pageau - silverberg
greening - turris - condra
lats/kassian - smith - neil

KAPOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:16 AM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Too many Bingo kids and AHL level guys playing over their heads for too long. It was bound to fall apart sooner or later.

I am physically and emotionally drained from this season and all the injuries....Can't imagine how spent the guys on the team can stand on their feet having to play with it all year.
Nailed it... long term a tank and a shot at the top 3 of this superb draft would have been incredible for this fanbase/franchise even if healthy they werent winning the cup this year.

Scary what anderson looks like on a minimal amount of shots in must win games. He needs a break.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:24 AM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiscBrah View Post
How many times is he going to hold the stick of the defense man when he goes into the corner? How many times is he going to make bad decisions?
Until we have a better option than Turris.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:33 AM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

I'll tell you one thing: I hate this fan base more than our team.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:20 AM
Carrie Underwood

I ain't even mad. Asterisk season. **** it if we don't make playoffs.

Carrie Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:26 AM
senorchang

call up da costa

senorchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:41 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Nailed it... long term a tank and a shot at the top 3 of this superb draft would have been incredible for this fanbase/franchise even if healthy they werent winning the cup this year.

Scary what anderson looks like on a minimal amount of shots in must win games. He needs a break.
He just missed 20 games... and he needs a break?

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 04:29 AM
cage

They were good enough to hold a playoff spot the entire season, even with the injuries. To fall out of the playoffs in the final week would be a heartbreaking collapse

cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 04:35 AM
shootingrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cage View Post
They were good enough to hold a playoff spot the entire season, even with the injuries. To fall out of the playoffs in the final week would be a heartbreaking collapse
Yeah, pretty much this. I hope they can hang on and stay in the playoffs, but it's not looking the greatest right now with the **** hockey they've been playing lately.

shootingrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:43 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

tweet from the kid Neil crushed. nice clean hit, typical NHL/HF reaction.

Simon Despres ‏@Despres747 37m
To all the young dman out there!! Don't forget to shoulder check or you can #learnthehardway lol

https://twitter.com/Despres747/statu...68234155376641

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 07:14 AM
KAPOW
has no rispeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
tweet from the kid Neil crushed. nice clean hit, typical NHL/HF reaction.

Simon Despres ‏@Despres747 37m
To all the young dman out there!! Don't forget to shoulder check or you can #learnthehardway lol

https://twitter.com/Despres747/statu...68234155376641
kudos to the kid for both this statement and the way he took the hit. not the average pittsburgh crybaby.

KAPOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Quo
pigeon

I fell asleep in the first intermission. God is merciful.

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 07:46 AM
OgieO

Turris is fine... as a #2 C. He's being asked to do something he's not capable of, not fair to criticize him for not being able to do it imo.

Coaches have to figure out the PP. The half boards set up is not working - we have the puck but no chances from it.

There's a good chance we look at the standings tomorrow morning and see we're in 9th, but I still like our chances. We'll figure this out (but we reallllllly look tired out there...)

OgieO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 07:47 AM
bacon25

Time for another call up to insert some energy into the team. Ottawa needs to start grinding out some wins, no more globetrotter crap. Get the puck and crash the net!

bacon25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 07:50 AM
booger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon25 View Post
Time for another call up to insert some energy into the team. Ottawa needs to start grinding out some wins, no more globetrotter crap. Get the puck and crash the net!
I concur - Mark Stone.

booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Legend Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post
Turris is fine... as a #2 C. He's being asked to do something he's not capable of, not fair to criticize him for not being able to do it imo.

Coaches have to figure out the PP. The half boards set up is not working - we have the puck but no chances from it.

There's a good chance we look at the standings tomorrow morning and see we're in 9th, but I still like our chances. We'll figure this out (but we reallllllly look tired out there...)
Is it fair to ask a 5th year pro to be strong enough not to play the game like a 13 year old? Is it fair to question his condiitioning when he skates around looking gassed 3/4 of the game...

We arent asking him to be a PPG #1 C

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post

I think the plan is wait for that Swedish guy.

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:46 AM
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
I think the plan is wait for that Swedish guy.
Hopefully the wait is over...

He'd help entry into the zone immensely as well. Plus, if the opposition has to stay close to him it could help the PK'er spacing (from our point of view).

OgieO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:20 AM
SenzZen
Up Late With McBain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
argghhh the level of posting is horribad (like teens say)

Don't care much anymore though, the rats come out when the ship is sinking, let' em be I guess

And I can't believe Turris is becoming a scapegoat so fast... what a pathetic fanbase

How long before it's Zibanejad or Silfverberg's turn? Next year? The year after?

Yeah, try to say I'm wrong with a valuable argument for fun lol
During the first period last night, Turris picked up the puck between the hash-marks and the goal line that came around the boards from behind the Pens net. Without looking he flicked a backhand "pass" into the slot where there were 3 Pens- any of whom could have easily received the puck. The only other Senator in view was Michalek BEHIND THE NET!!! There wasn't even a Sen on the other side of the 3 Pens- where maybe if the puck bounced it could have somehow found a friendly stick.

These plays can't happen no matter what line you're on, or what league you're in, for that matter. I don't see anything wrong with criticizing a player who deserves it. Earlier in the year Turris was snake-bitten but still hustling and making good decisions with and without the puck. I see less of that now, but I would hardly make him the "scapegoat". More like a microcosm of the team.

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Bileur

What bothers me is that nobody jumped Cooke for fear of an instigator but we pretty much immediately took a dumb interference penalty hitting him. Damn. Just pound him and get it over with, otherwise, as we saw, it's a distraction all game.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Legend Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
What bothers me is that nobody jumped Cooke for fear of an instigator but we pretty much immediately took a dumb interference penalty hitting him. Damn. Just pound him and get it over with, otherwise, as we saw, it's a distraction all game.
That should have been done in the game 2 months ago... it would have been over... End of story... instead we wait 2 months, the media hypes it up and nothing happens...

Same old same old...

Old
04-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Icelevel
Best Players Play

Imagine replacing the weakest, easiest to push off the puck player on our team - turris - with a tough 2 way guy who raises the level of intensity and toughness of the team instead of dragging it down.

Huge difference it would make. yeah like a mike fisher type. i never liked the idea of getting turris so i'm not just all of a sudden jumping on him because of last night. There were stretches i thought he was ok since he's been here, but overall i am not impressed at all. And less impressed with his whiny, seemingly negative attitude on and off the ice. Not good for the rest of the team in an important role like 2C.

Come on kyle, get dirty and stop whining!

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Legend Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
Imagine replacing the weakest, easiest to push off the puck player on our team - turris - with a tough 2 way guy who raises the level of intensity and toughness of the team instead of dragging it down.

Huge difference it would make. yeah like a mike fisher type. i never liked the idea of getting turris so i'm not just all of a sudden jumping on him because of last night. There were stretches i thought he was ok since he's been here, but overall i am not impressed at all. And less impressed with his whiny, seemingly negative attitude on and off the ice. Not good for the rest of the team in an important role like 2C.

Come on kyle, get dirty and stop whining!
Retweet