HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who should we draft?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2013, 03:56 PM
  #401
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,233
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I can't see another team making that deal. Nashville very easily comes out on top.
I guess it depends on if they want an NHL ready player over now instead of waiting for the 2nd rounder. They still get an elite prospect, though he'd be our leftovers, and get a player that can play with tem the next year. Probably never going to happen, but I'd be willing to add another roster player on top of Ellis/Blum.

Soundgarden is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 04:26 PM
  #402
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I guess it depends on if they want an NHL ready player over now instead of waiting for the 2nd rounder. They still get an elite prospect, though he'd be our leftovers, and get a player that can play with tem the next year. Probably never going to happen, but I'd be willing to add another roster player on top of Ellis/Blum.
I think 5th overall and Ellis is actually worth MORE than 2nd overall and 32nd overall. If not its quite even at worst, but Colorado definitely does not get ripped.

Remember that Ellis was going to net us 8th overall just one draft ago for us to draft couturier but instead Philly took him so our deal with bruins was kyboshed. Ellis is still very highly valued around league and should not get undervalued by us IMO.

Sure we get Mack or drouin who will be best player coming in the trade but avs would get a very solid prospect in Ellis plus Lindholm most likely who is going to be awesome as well!

Keep in mind this draft really drops off after top 10, the 32nd overall would be worth more in a 'deeper' draft. Not this one.

Bottom line, I like your proposal soundgarden, 5th and Ellis for 2nd and 32nd. I think that gets done for sure.

Also like your username, awesome band! Lol

maplepred is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 04:48 PM
  #403
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,233
vCash: 562
Thanks, they are one of my favorites.

Looking back at past trades involving top 5 picks it does seem a little like an overpayment, but we have depth on defense, prospect wise, and have had it for some time, it's best we start using it instead of letting their trade value decrease.
If they seem to think it's an overpayment too then I'm willing to bet not many teams offer much more.

Soundgarden is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 05:38 PM
  #404
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Ellis is still very highly valued around league and should not get undervalued by us IMO.
I'm not sure that this is true. It may be... just hard to know how teams value him given some of the prior doubts about his size combined with a fairly ineffective showing on the PP this year. I hope you are right.

braindead is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 06:01 PM
  #405
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I'm not sure that this is true. It may be... just hard to know how teams value him given some of the prior doubts about his size combined with a fairly ineffective showing on the PP this year. I hope you are right.
He's barely even played in the NHL. So unfair to judge him. The only person that said this about him was stupid terry crisp, the guy isn't a hockey lord. Not one other person, to my knowledge has ripped Ellis.

Trust me, other teams would love to have Ellis.

maplepred is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 08:05 PM
  #406
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
He's barely even played in the NHL. So unfair to judge him. The only person that said this about him was stupid terry crisp, the guy isn't a hockey lord. Not one other person, to my knowledge has ripped Ellis.

Trust me, other teams would love to have Ellis.
I'm NOT judging him... I'm pointing out that you say Ellis is "highly valued around the league" when we don't have a clue whether other teams value him or not. Unless you have polled them or have sources to site, sorry, I'm not going to "trust" you (even though you could be right)!

braindead is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 08:29 PM
  #407
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I'm NOT judging him... I'm pointing out that you say Ellis is "highly valued around the league" when we don't have a clue whether other teams value him or not. Unless you have polled them or have sources to site, sorry, I'm not going to "trust" you (even though you could be right)!
I know your not judging him, didnt mean to make it sound that way if I did. I just think we may undervalue him because of what terry crisp said about him IMO. Just my two cents.

There is a reason he was such a high pick just two drafts ago, and people knew how big he was when he was drafted. Plenty of defensemen under 6' have had large success in the NHL. I just mean he needs time to actually get a real shake at NHL ice time. He will be good and teams do still value him. I can't imagine why they wouldn't? He was soooo dominate in ohl and set records. Has had success at every level but NHL, but has not even played a full season yet at this level. I'm still quite high on Ellis to be honest.

Maybe some teams love him maybe some think he's to small. We will never know unless a move happens that poile likes.

maplepred is offline  
Old
04-22-2013, 08:38 PM
  #408
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,575
vCash: 500
Between Ellis and Blum i would rather part with Blum.
Ellis is going to be good and a PP specialist with Weber given time to get stronger and get a full training
camp. Kid has a great shot and offensive awareness.

PFL615 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 07:43 AM
  #409
Persona5
Registered User
 
Persona5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,001
vCash: 700
It's hard to say who we should draft at this point still. The Preds could end up picking anywhere from 2nd to 10th. If they fall out of the top 5 I will be truly disappointed. At this point I'm just hoping we can somehow draft Mack or Barkov.

Persona5 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:32 AM
  #410
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Poile and his staff know better than me, but it seems like Barkov, Linholm, Monahan, and...that Russian whose name I can't spell....are all at about the same level. If we end up at #4 and our scouts are split between those four, I wonder if we try to trade back to #6/7/8 and pick up an extra pick.

Obviously the best case scenario is us being in the top 3, but would we rather have Barkov or Lindholm+2nd?

Again, this all depends on whether Poile and his scouts think on of those four is significantly better than the rest. If our guys is on the board, we need to take him.

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:59 AM
  #411
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
It's hard to say who we should draft at this point still. The Preds could end up picking anywhere from 2nd to 10th. If they fall out of the top 5 I will be truly disappointed. At this point I'm just hoping we can somehow draft Mack or Barkov.
There is almost no chance they pick lower than 6 at this point, unless they win out and every other team loses out, which would be impossible because there's some head to heads.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 10:04 AM
  #412
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
I think poile's list would look like this,

1. Mack
2. Drouin
3. Barkov
4. Lindholm
5. Monahan


Then after that it's a crap shoot really.

maplepred is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 10:22 AM
  #413
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I think poile's list would look like this,

1. Mack
2. Drouin
3. Barkov
4. Lindholm
5. Monahan


Then after that it's a crap shoot really.
What will the list look like if they win the lottery ?

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 10:45 AM
  #414
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
What will the list look like if they win the lottery ?
it will be trading from 1 to 3 and picking up another 2nd hopefully. Let someone trade up for Jones

token grinder is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 10:53 AM
  #415
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon
 
PredaDORES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
What will the list look like if they win the lottery ?
Hopefully Poile would trade down to #2.

PredaDORES is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 10:54 AM
  #416
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
it will be trading from 1 to 3 and picking up another 2nd hopefully. Let someone trade up for Jones
That is the best case. The way things have been going this year the Preds could win the lottery and no one 2 - 4 would want to trade up and DP would be forced to take Jones.

Byrddog is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:05 PM
  #417
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
That is the best case. The way things have been going this year the Preds could win the lottery and no one 2 - 4 would want to trade up and DP would be forced to take Jones.
I think if that happens, poile takes mackinnon #1 overall.

maplepred is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:36 PM
  #418
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I think if that happens, poile takes mackinnon #1 overall.


Im not sure he would. The pipeline for defensemen is not where he and Trotz wants. Of course they know the need for offense. If he hd the overall 1 who knows what he would do.

Byrddog is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:40 PM
  #419
Persona5
Registered User
 
Persona5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,001
vCash: 700
Mack or Barkov please. I can see both of these players being high end #1 centers for a long time.

Persona5 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 01:12 PM
  #420
Preddownsouth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I think if that happens, poile takes mackinnon #1 overall.
It is David Poile after all. It wouldn't shock me in the least if he took Jones #1 in that scenario. But I really think there would be multiple suitors for #1 should the Preds win it.

Preddownsouth is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 01:13 PM
  #421
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
Mack or Barkov please. I can see both of these players being high end #1 centers for a long time.
I can't argue with that.

I'm weary of drouin because he is a tad shorter and smaller than any other guys in top five-six. But I think Mack and barkov are locks.

maplepred is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 01:20 PM
  #422
Persona5
Registered User
 
Persona5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,001
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I can't argue with that.

I'm weary of drouin because he is a tad shorter and smaller than any other guys in top five-six. But I think Mack and barkov are locks.
I honestly do think Drouin will be a very good if not great player. I just do not see the Preds needing a wing.

Persona5 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 01:31 PM
  #423
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
I honestly do think Drouin will be a very good if not great player. I just do not see the Preds needing a wing.
Very possible! And I would not be upset in the slightest bit if we drafted drouin, lol, in fact I would be ecstatic!

I just hope he can overcome his size. Mind you there are a lot smaller guys than him that have killed it in the NHL. Just wonder how long it would take terry crisp to say he's to small and won't make it a la Ellis. Lol.

I think if it comes down to drouin vs barkov id have to go with drouin, but in top three I want mackinnon most and in 4-6 I want barkov most. We shall see though.

maplepred is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 01:46 PM
  #424
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,944
vCash: 500
Every time I see the title of this thread I feel the need to answer someone good. With a top 3 pick it should be a no brainer. With a top 5 we should be in good shape too but it may take a little while longer for that pick to develop. Either way, we should be getting an elite player or pretty close to it. Definitely a top 6.

glenngineer is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 02:25 PM
  #425
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon
 
PredaDORES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I can't argue with that.

I'm weary of drouin because he is a tad shorter and smaller than any other guys in top five-six. But I think Mack and barkov are locks.
For what it's worth, Patrick Kane (5'10") is listed as being an inch shorter than Drouin (5'"11). Drouin has often been compared to Kane.

PredaDORES is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.