HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks fall in Vancouver 3-1, first regulation loss of April

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2013, 08:23 AM
Nothingman*

vCash: 500
This was probably our worst performance of the year. And Vancouver's best. Pretty much sums up the results. Chances of Vancouver playing that well and sustaining it are slim and none. Hawks have already proven excellent play over extended periods all year long. I am sure the Hawks are just throwing that game away and moving on like they have all year.

The comments Keith made were from a sports radio interviewer from 1040 in Vancouver. Keith was well aware of her trolling tendencies. Even Daniel doesn't take the bait from the tart. Just how she and the sports people are up there.

Old
04-23-2013, 08:31 AM
ChiHawk21

Well with Bolland hurt for a little do we get to see Pirri

I would love to see

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Pirri-Kane
Stal-Shaw-Bickell
Carcillo-Kruger-Frolik

for a couple games

Old
04-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Nothingman*

I would love that too.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:03 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Switch Hossa and Kane and I like it a lot. Still like it even if that switch isn't made though.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:34 AM
stuffradio

vCash: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
If its who I think it is she's a looker. Keith dismissed her comments and was pretty rude about it. Funny but rude!
It's not Kristin Reid.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Sevanston

Listening to the full interview of what Keith said, it didn't sound as bad as it did with no other context.

It sounded like a typical "player tells pestering reporter they're an idiot" kind of interview.

He was wrong to bring up her gender, but it didn't seem like her gender was what he was really talking about.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:49 AM
ndgt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
the best part about bollig in the top 6 is that he was there to"protect" and did nothing but kill offense. truly a bum. and if carcillo hadn't scored our goal he would have been the second worst player on the ice.
Why is Bollig even on this ****ing team?

Old
04-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Nothingman*

I didn't think it was that bad either. She was stirring the pot and he was trying to put her in her place. Should not have brought up the sex but he was accurate in that she would be the first female ref. I think there is more trying or be made out of this than there is. Which is what Vancouver does historically.

Old
04-23-2013, 10:00 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
Well with Bolland hurt for a little do we get to see Pirri

I would love to see

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Pirri-Kane
Stal-Shaw-Bickell
Carcillo-Kruger-Frolik

for a couple games
I would prefer to see Toews/Kane/Sharp/Keith/Seabrook sitting

Dont need another Alex Zhamnov situation

Old
04-23-2013, 10:05 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Listening to the full interview of what Keith said, it didn't sound as bad as it did with no other context.

It sounded like a typical "player tells pestering reporter they're an idiot" kind of interview.

He was wrong to bring up her gender, but it didn't seem like her gender was what he was really talking about.
i don't think the reporter was that bad...and i don't think he was being sexist. he sounds like an arrogant jerk, though. but still, i don't see what the big deal is.

Old
04-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Nothingman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
I would prefer to see Toews/Kane/Sharp/Keith/Seabrook sitting

Dont need another Alex Zhamnov situation
I would like that too. But I remember hearing Q saying he will manage minutes and not rest players.

Old
04-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Cullksinikers

He can be a jerk. I saw it first-hand once. He also is a great guy that runs a fantastic charity. I think his comments were hilarious. What did the girl want him to do? Admit to being involved in a D-zone collapse?

Old
04-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
He can be a jerk. I saw it first-hand once. He also is a great guy that runs a fantastic charity. I think his comments were hilarious. What did the girl want him to do? Admit to being involved in a D-zone collapse?
Maybe he said what many players think. Getting grilled by a female reporter who has never been crosschecked, slashed, called a no good for nothing **** sucking mother****er. Speared in the nuts?

I am not sexist. If a woman in labour says to me, "What the **** do you know about pain?" I don't suggest she is sexist. I suggest she is right.

Old
04-23-2013, 10:19 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats432 View Post
Maybe he said what many players think. Getting grilled by a female reporter who has never been crosschecked, slashed, called a no good for nothing **** sucking mother****er. Speared in the nuts?

I am not sexist. If a woman in labour says to me, "What the **** do you know about pain?" I don't suggest she is sexist. I suggest she is right.
what makes you think most male reporters have experienced any of that?

Old
04-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
what makes you think most male reporters have experienced any of that?
I can only speak for many of the commentators I listen to. I know several of the guys at TSN and many radio stations have played the game to a decent level. Maybe it is something they can relate to easier. (Hence my labour comment, I can't relate to it, because I have never experienced it.)

This commentator went out of her way to stick it to Keith, and he responded. Maybe the world is too concerned of placating people when we are different. Is it sexist? Yes, probably it is sexist to say that a female reporter who has never been slashed with a hockey stick can't relate to it. I don't necessarily think it is wrong.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Cullksinikers

She wanted him to admit to slashing Sedin after the 4-on-4 goal. She got owned. I love it.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:07 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Worked a double. Woke up about a hour ago. Feel like this is one game I don't want to waste time on and just deleted it off the dvr.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Nothingman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
She wanted him to admit to slashing Sedin after the 4-on-4 goal. She got owned. I love it.
Yep. And she got a reaction to put her name out there. Win/win.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffradio View Post
It's not Kristin Reid.
I know it's Karen Thompson, she does alot of the sports updates on that station.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post

Yeah, listening to the full interview definitely doesn't make it sound nearly as bad. He tried to brush it off twice but she wouldn't let it go. Had he not brought up her gender I would have absolutely no problem with it.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

That was Vancouvers best game all year they were going all in and the Hawks worst effort and the win by the Nucks was laughable to them I'm sure. Funny things from the game though Kesler trying to bait Toews into a fight and Crawdaddy going all Tim Thomas on Sedin.
I wish Q had just called up Beach and Morin up for that game and let them stir **** up all night rather than watch Bollig attempt to be an NHL quality player.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Nothingman*

Quote:
That was Vancouvers best game all year they were going all in and the Hawks worst effort and the win by the Nucks was laughable to them I'm sure. Funny things from the game though Kesler trying to bait Toews into a fight and Crawdaddy going all Tim Thomas on Sedin.
I wish Q had just called up Beach and Morin up for that game and let them stir **** up all night rather than watch Bollig attempt to be an NHL quality player.
Bollig is just horrible.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

The one thing that's missing from these games is we have no one our team anymore (maybe Bolland) that can stir the pot with the Nucks players and then go out and contribute quality minutes and score some goals. Buff, Brouwer, Ladd, Burish and Eager all could do that.

Carcillo was supposed to help out with that he can't, Bollig is useless, Bickells not really that kind of player. Even though this is a throw away game if we're playing the Nucks or Kings in the playoffs the Hawks could use guys like Morin or even Ben Smith if he's able. The guy had a great playoff 2 years ago. I know we gotta go with what got us here but I really see that hurting us come a 7 game series with a gritty trash talking physical team.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:51 AM
neksys

Karen Thompson fed the hook out for Keith. He took it.

It was sort of sexist (you can call out a reporter for not playing without bringing gender into it) but not especially offensive. I don't think he meant any real offence on the gender part. If I'm the Hawks management I'm much more disappointed by him rising to the take the bait - it was obvious she was only trying to get a reaction out of him.

I mean, what the hell was he going to say, "Yep, I got away with one there, I had a terrible game, he got a step on me and I two-handed that creepy ginger with intent to injure"? She trolled him, he tried to troll back, but in that case there is only one winner.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:52 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
The one thing that's missing from these games is we have no one our team anymore (maybe Bolland) that can stir the pot with the Nucks players and then go out and contribute quality minutes and score some goals. Buff, Brouwer, Ladd, Burish and Eager all could do that.

Carcillo was supposed to help out with that he can't, Bollig is useless, Bickells not really that kind of player. Even though this is a throw away game if we're playing the Nucks or Kings in the playoffs the Hawks could use guys like Morin or even Ben Smith if he's able. The guy had a great playoff 2 years ago. I know we gotta go with what got us here but I really see that hurting us come a 7 game series with a gritty trash talking physical team.
Which is pretty much the entire NHL when they're in PO mode. The only teams that are remotely as soft as Hawks would be Habs and Wings. Nothing is going to come easy. The entire team will need to dig deep.

Closed Thread