HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Zack Smith vs Robert Bortuzzo April 22 2013

View Poll Results: Fight Winner???
Smith 20 71.43%
Bortuzzo 2 7.14%
Draw 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2013, 08:35 PM
  #1
Fred Murtz
Registered User
 
Fred Murtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
Zack Smith vs Robert Bortuzzo April 22 2013

Zack Smith vs Robert Bortuzzo fight April 22 2013


Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:36 PM
  #2
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 500
Zack Smith vs. Robert Bortuzzo



edit: see there's a thread already. My bad. Close this up.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:43 PM
  #3
kassian
Emelin's face plate
 
kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Netherlands Antilles
Posts: 4,381
vCash: 500
Neil must've shat his pants when he saw Big Mac arrive lol.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:58 PM
  #4
McDooRoo
Registered User
 
McDooRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wyoming
Country: United States
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Tough guy looked like he was crapping his pants when Mac skated up to him

McDooRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:10 PM
  #5
JimLaheyprobert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
zack smith is a tough little middle weight im suprised he doesnt drop em more. and thats textbook neil

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:29 PM
  #6
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,174
vCash: 500
MacIntyre should pummel Neil in the third.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:04 PM
  #7
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 15,882
vCash: 500
Poll added.

__________________
Homeland Security is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:21 PM
  #8
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 500
Edge to Smith

Also, Orpik was going after Neil the whole game. Yet Orpik wouldn't fight, despite having the visor advantage right away. I'd hope Neil wouldn't fight MacIntyre, who's in a different weight class and is pretty useless on the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
zack smith is a tough little middle weight im suprised he doesnt drop em more. and thats textbook neil
Well, he used to be one of those "only fight if you really need to" type of players. Solid defensively, solid offensively and could hit. This year he added a good faceoff ability, but completely lost his offensive game.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:35 AM
  #9
Doig
Registered User
 
Doig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,125
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Neil must've shat his pants when he saw Big Mac arrive lol.
Yeah I was dying of laughter when I saw that. Especially since Neil is an entire weight class below! Who doesn't want to accept a fight with someone a full weight class above them? I don't get it.

Doig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:12 AM
  #10
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill
 
lastcupever75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Neil must've shat his pants when he saw Big Mac arrive lol.

Hahaha

Typical neil

lastcupever75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:19 AM
  #11
Xavier Laflamme
Registered User
 
Xavier Laflamme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
No such thing as halfway crooks!!! Neil wants to play tough guy...until a tough guy comes. Mac should have just forced him to fight lol.

Xavier Laflamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:29 AM
  #12
Phaneuffan3
Beleafer
 
Phaneuffan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The HC - Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 314
vCash: 500
Neil is such a *****

Phaneuffan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:33 AM
  #13
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,807
vCash: 500
Neil's a middleweight. Why should he be obliged to go with any heavy who challenges him? As it is he already goes with more heavies than any other middleweight fighter.

Orpik was giving extra shots all game, Neil was clearly trying to get him to answer for that. MacIntyre trying to jump in means jack and all.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:52 AM
  #14
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 34,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Also, Orpik was going after Neil the whole game. Yet Orpik wouldn't fight, despite having the visor advantage right away. I'd hope Neil wouldn't fight MacIntyre, who's in a different weight class and is pretty useless on the ice.
Orpik has 1 fight in the past 4 seasons, and he is supposed to fight Neil because Neil says so.

However, Neil doesn't have to fight the actual enforcer who is standing right in front of him, because Neil will probably lose.


Yeah, ok. That doesn't sound AT ALL like rationalizing Neil's behavior.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:10 AM
  #15
umma gumma
Registered User
 
umma gumma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Neil's a middleweight. Why should he be obliged to go with any heavy who challenges him? As it is he already goes with more heavies than any other middleweight fighter.

Orpik was giving extra shots all game, Neil was clearly trying to get him to answer for that. MacIntyre trying to jump in means jack and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Orpik has 1 fight in the past 4 seasons, and he is supposed to fight Neil because Neil says so.

However, Neil doesn't have to fight the actual enforcer who is standing right in front of him, because Neil will probably lose.


Yeah, ok. That doesn't sound AT ALL like rationalizing Neil's behavior.
Really guys? Could have sworn I clicked on the Smith and Bortuzzo thread.

umma gumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:16 AM
  #16
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 34,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by umma gumma View Post
Really guys? Could have sworn I clicked on the Smith and Bortuzzo thread.
Well, there isn't a Neil and MacIntyre thread... is there?

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:35 AM
  #17
Steve Durbano
Registered User
 
Steve Durbano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Burbs of Bmore
Country: United States
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Nobody said Neil was stupid. Big Mac is one step away from a police chase followed by a shoot out. Neil was outclassed.

However, don't anybody say that Cooke is a -----y for not fighting Neil for the same reason.

Steve Durbano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:54 AM
  #18
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 1291
If Mac would of wanted to fight Neil he would of dropped his gloves and grabbed on to neil. Obviously he didnt want to force anything against Neil so he didn't. Big Mac is enforcing nothing besides trying to protect orpik by grabbing on to neil and pushing him away. I dont even think he has a fight this year actually ?

decent fight between Smith and bort, a pretty even draw.


Last edited by Ziggy66: 04-23-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:27 AM
  #19
umma gumma
Registered User
 
umma gumma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
The fight wasn’t close at all, the angle from the Ottawa feed showed it to be a clear win for Smith. In this video the whole time they’re showing Neil, Orpik and McIntyre the other two are going at it and by the time the producer switched to this fight is was pretty much done.

umma gumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:46 AM
  #20
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Everyone knew that this situation would happen. Matt Cooke declines Chris Neil, and Chris Neil declines Steve MacIntyre.

Steve MacIntyre should have forced Chris Neil in a fight. He should have dropped his gloves, and if Chris Neil declines, then throw a punch at his jaw (hopefully it results in a knock-out).

Steve MacIntyre is a scary enforcer, he has knock-out power in both of his hands (he is a switched hand fighter).

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:46 AM
  #21
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
If Mac would of wanted to fight Neil he would of dropped his gloves and grabbed on to neil. Obviously he didnt want to force anything against Neil so he didn't. Big Mac is enforcing nothing besides trying to protect orpik by grabbing on to neil and pushing him away. I dont even think he has a fight this year actually ?

decent fight between Smith and bort, a pretty even draw.
It was is first game of the year in the nhl...

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:26 PM
  #22
JimLaheyprobert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Come on Ottawa fans, Neil is not a middle weight he is a light heavy who can fight heavy, in a lot of threads before (specially leaf fighters threads) leaf fans usually bring up the argument Neil is a ***** who runs around chirping and picks fights he knows he can win and then dodges the true enforcers, and then Ottawa fans usually respond by saying Neil will fight anyone look at his past history (then they name a bunch of enforcers and usually say look he beat Orr this year, which is true and props to him). But this video kind of sums up what the leaf fans argument is, Neil goes after Orpik (someone who never fights) then shy's away from McIntyre a true enforcer. I don't like Neil, mostly because i am a leaf fan but if i was an Ottawa fan i would probably love him so i can see why you guys defend him, hes a good hockey player and a really good fighter but he probably should have fought McIntyre here because 1) he was running around all game chirping and doing what he does and then he got challenged, and 2) his team was down 2-0 in a critical game that they needed to win, mabye that fight could have sparked his team in front of the home crowd and they come out in the Second period flying.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:37 PM
  #23
SteelFish87*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,279
vCash: 500
Smith wins

I like Bortuzzo and he is tough but man he just has poor balance or something he is always falling over. I doubt he ever wins many fights because of that

ps - Neil is a sissy

SteelFish87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:13 PM
  #24
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
It was is first game of the year in the nhl...
got ya.just looked up his hckyfgts.com record. Seems he hasnt been up in the show in quite a while.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:18 PM
  #25
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,290
vCash: 1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
Come on Ottawa fans, Neil is not a middle weight he is a light heavy who can fight heavy, in a lot of threads before (specially leaf fighters threads) leaf fans usually bring up the argument Neil is a ***** who runs around chirping and picks fights he knows he can win and then dodges the true enforcers, and then Ottawa fans usually respond by saying Neil will fight anyone look at his past history (then they name a bunch of enforcers and usually say look he beat Orr this year, which is true and props to him). But this video kind of sums up what the leaf fans argument is, Neil goes after Orpik (someone who never fights) then shy's away from McIntyre a true enforcer. I don't like Neil, mostly because i am a leaf fan but if i was an Ottawa fan i would probably love him so i can see why you guys defend him, hes a good hockey player and a really good fighter but he probably should have fought McIntyre here because 1) he was running around all game chirping and doing what he does and then he got challenged, and 2) his team was down 2-0 in a critical game that they needed to win, mabye that fight could have sparked his team in front of the home crowd and they come out in the Second period flying.

I wouldnt call it a challange. Mac came over to their scrum and tried to break Orpik away from Neil and did not do anything to "challenge" neil. Maybe if they were Mic'd up we would actually know what happened. From the reply I watched all it seemed like was that Mac didnt want Orpik to drop them but so tried to break them apart but he didnt get in Neils face or do anything physically that would indicate a "challenge"

Didnt see the actually full game as I was watching my Jets try to grasp a playoff spot. Hopefully Peluso is back so I can spew on about him dropping the mitts

Down with the capitals!

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.