HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tinordi Time

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2013, 07:37 PM
  #101
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
If you think six regular season games on his wrong side are hard for a young rookie, then imagine the Stanley Cup playoffs.
They can put it this way now:

Markov-Bouillon (We have no choice lol)
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Diaz

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:25 PM
  #102
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 500
Tinordi so far reminds me of a modern day Peter Popovic. I hope he can elevate his physical play, or I don't see him cutting it.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:45 PM
  #103
MyNameIsNobody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Tinordi so far reminds me of a modern day Peter Popovic. I hope he can elevate his physical play, or I don't see him cutting it.
I dont see Tinordi before 2 years...if at all...hasnt impressed...i think we have a star in nathan beaulieu though....

80% of people on this board love Tinordi because he is 9 feet tall....i would trade him now in a package for something we need...we will need to keep nathan beaulieu

MyNameIsNobody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:01 PM
  #104
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
I dont see Tinordi before 2 years...if at all...hasnt impressed...i think we have a star in nathan beaulieu though....

80% of people on this board love Tinordi because he is 9 feet tall....i would trade him now in a package for something we need...we will need to keep nathan beaulieu
You're right. It has nothing to do with the fact that he captained the London Knights all the way to the final game of the Memorial Cup. Or that he was arguably London's best player in their run and was named to the Memorial Cup All-Star Team. Or that he was he an absolute stud for the Hamilton Bulldogs this season as a rookie.

That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 10:23 PM
  #105
kalessin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
I dont see Tinordi before 2 years...if at all...hasnt impressed...i think we have a star in nathan beaulieu though....

80% of people on this board love Tinordi because he is 9 feet tall....i would trade him now in a package for something we need...we will need to keep nathan beaulieu
Yeah let's trade Tinordi for a 5'8 playmaking forward.

kalessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:05 AM
  #106
CN_paladin
Registered User
 
CN_paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westeros
Posts: 2,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalessin View Post
Yeah let's trade Tinordi for a 5'8 playmaking forward.
One can never have enough midgets!

CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 07:17 AM
  #107
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,494
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
I dont see Tinordi before 2 years...if at all...hasnt impressed...i think we have a star in nathan beaulieu though....

80% of people on this board love Tinordi because he is 9 feet tall....i would trade him now in a package for something we need...we will need to keep nathan beaulieu
Tinordi isn't flashy, so he must suck.

Seriously, we need MORE D like Tinordi in the pipe line. We are stacked with flashy puck moving D. We need a few more hitting/shot blocking machines who have a decent outlet pass.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:03 AM
  #108
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
I dont see Tinordi before 2 years...if at all...hasnt impressed...i think we have a star in nathan beaulieu though....

80% of people on this board love Tinordi because he is 9 feet tall....i would trade him now in a package for something we need...we will need to keep nathan beaulieu
Did you even see him play outside the NHL? Honestly.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:15 AM
  #109
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
I dont see Tinordi before 2 years...if at all...hasnt impressed...i think we have a star in nathan beaulieu though....

80% of people on this board love Tinordi because he is 9 feet tall....i would trade him now in a package for something we need...we will need to keep nathan beaulieu
Tinordi has impressed me more than Beaulieu. The former looks ready for the NHL, the latter has mental issues to work out. Making the bigs is all about what's between the ears, just look at the Gallys.

Tinordi has that right now BUT he's still green and playoffs is playoffs. He is no 2010 Subban. If he was playing with the club for 10-15 games at the end, sure, it would have been great to have him. It's hindsight, but that would have been the best solution instead of auditions. We didn't know how "sofff" we'd be before the last week of the season.

For now Drew is gonna have to fill that role or just play LJV. Maybe he finally has his day in MTL. His shots were looking pretty deadly. Just has to be strong at the blueline.

Can't wait for tinordi next year or even 2014-15. Maybe by then Beaulieu will not think he's a god.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:36 AM
  #110
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
I dont see Tinordi before 2 years...if at all...hasnt impressed...i think we have a star in nathan beaulieu though....

80% of people on this board love Tinordi because he is 9 feet tall....i would trade him now in a package for something we need...we will need to keep nathan beaulieu
Seriously dude, quit HF. You just can't post **** like that here and not expect to be called out. Tinordi is EXACTLY what we need, he's just not that mature in his game yet.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:47 AM
  #111
LesHabs66
Registered User
 
LesHabs66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Why not let Tinordi get thrown into the fire and see what he can do on the biggest stage of all- the NHL playoffs? Perhaps getting called up again will ignite that competitive fire to be stay as part of the Habs lineup? It is a great motivational tool for guys that want to make their mark and stay out of the minors by proving themselves.

With the way the D is playing as a whole fresh blood would be a welcome change.

LesHabs66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 08:54 AM
  #112
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Tinordi so far reminds me of a modern day Peter Popovic. I hope he can elevate his physical play, or I don't see him cutting it.
Peter "Pylon" Popovic laugh:

Still on the record books as the tallest Hab ever. Couldn't skate, Swedish and no leadership qualities but otherwise I see the resemblance.

It may not be time for TinordiandSubban to shine but for immediate needs put him with Gorges on a shut-down pairing:

Bouillon-Subban
Tinordi-Gorges
Markov-Diaz

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:03 AM
  #113
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Go back and read each post.
You said the loss of Emelin was a big deal because he's pretty much the leader of physicality (by far) on the team.
I then responded by saying there's a big difference between missing some physicality and being the reason for our current losing streak. I said to believe otherwise was basically ridiculous.
To which you responded ''it's more logical than ridiculous''. However, you added you agreed that he wasn't the reason for our losses.
So I specified again that no it wasn't more logical than ridiculous, and seeing how you agreed he wasn't the reason for our bad stretch I figured you'd agree with this. Seriously, I don't understand your rational here...

Matter of fact, I believe we're on the exact same page. I even said I have no problem calling up Tinordi because it's not like Weber or Drew here were doing this excellent job..
Some are blaming the slump on clinching or Price, some blame MT, some blame the loss of Emelin. Some blame Desharnais if it rains.

Of course hockey is a team sport, I'm not suggesting Emelin's loss is the only reason but it's a huge factor and it's not ridiculous to want to compensate.

For all their heart, Josh, Raphael and Francis (sound like faerie characters in a kids' TV show) just don't have the physicality, and playoffs are physical you know that. Would love to see Tinordi (or Pateryn) play sooner than later.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 09:18 AM
  #114
sandysan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabs66 View Post
Why not let Tinordi get thrown into the fire and see what he can do on the biggest stage of all- the NHL playoffs? Perhaps getting called up again will ignite that competitive fire to be stay as part of the Habs lineup? It is a great motivational tool for guys that want to make their mark and stay out of the minors by proving themselves.

With the way the D is playing as a whole fresh blood would be a welcome change.
becuase we have spent considerable time and money to make sure that his progression as a player is reasonable and sustainable. If his first real experience ( other than the call up) is the NHL playoffs and he gets burned, it could significantly impede his progress.

and for the record, I am in favor of calling him up but if the habs decide that the risk outweighs the reward, I can understand that as well. They have a hell of a lot beeter impression of what his talents and weaknesses are.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:29 AM
  #115
madhi19
Registered User
 
madhi19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cold and Dark place!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
becuase we have spent considerable time and money to make sure that his progression as a player is reasonable and sustainable. If his first real experience ( other than the call up) is the NHL playoffs and he gets burned, it could significantly impede his progress.

and for the record, I am in favor of calling him up but if the habs decide that the risk outweighs the reward, I can understand that as well. They have a hell of a lot beeter impression of what his talents and weaknesses are.
As I see it the sooner you give young guys a taste of the NHL playoff the better. Even better if we go deep let alone dare I say it win the cup. Success breed success and it make everybody hungry for more.

madhi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:42 AM
  #116
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhi19 View Post
As I see it the sooner you give young guys a taste of the NHL playoff the better. Even better if we go deep let alone dare I say it win the cup. Success breed success and it make everybody hungry for more.
But there is also a big possibility that he crumbles under the pressure, seeing as he has never played at such a high level in his life. If he loses that confidence at the NHL level, that could really impede his development.

I'm not saying that will happen, but that is why you don't see many young rookies in the NHL playoffs. It isn't usually a good idea for their development. That said, I think Tinordi could be one of those rookies that may be able to handle the pressure. He went to the Memorial Cup as captain just a year ago. But it's pretty much up to management to decide if they think it is a good idea, as they know much more about his development than we do, and it seems their final decision is to place Tinordi on the taxi squad.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:19 PM
  #117
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Tinordi is in Hamilton till Saturday so I doubt he gets any NHL playoff action.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:28 PM
  #118
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Some are blaming the slump on clinching or Price, some blame MT, some blame the loss of Emelin. Some blame Desharnais if it rains.

Of course hockey is a team sport, I'm not suggesting Emelin's loss is the only reason but it's a huge factor and it's not ridiculous to want to compensate.

For all their heart, Josh, Raphael and Francis (sound like faerie characters in a kids' TV show) just don't have the physicality, and playoffs are physical you know that. Would love to see Tinordi (or Pateryn) play sooner than later.
Well I don't agree that it's a huge factor. Actually I think it holds very little barring. If we look at how we've played in the past 4 games (we actually played well versus Toronto for most of the game, they looked horrible) it's been night and day compared to the previous 37 games. Losing one depth player who wasn't even having that great of a season doesn't affect you that much, it just doesn't. I mean, we didn't look half as bad when we lost Prust and many consider him a huge key player for us up front.

It just doesn't add up. In any event, it's fine if you want to believe the loss in physicality from this one player is a huge factor in our current slump.
However, you should not expect Tinordi to fill this void. He has 3 checks in 6 games with us. I would like to see him on our roster as well, but I don't think he will change anything until our overall team defensive coverage and goaltending gets back to what it was before.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:14 PM
  #119
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well I don't agree that it's a huge factor. Actually I think it holds very little barring. If we look at how we've played in the past 4 games (we actually played well versus Toronto for most of the game, they looked horrible) it's been night and day compared to the previous 37 games. Losing one depth player who wasn't even having that great of a season doesn't affect you that much, it just doesn't. I mean, we didn't look half as bad when we lost Prust and many consider him a huge key player for us up front.

It just doesn't add up. In any event, it's fine if you want to believe the loss in physicality from this one player is a huge factor in our current slump.
However, you should not expect Tinordi to fill this void. He has 3 checks in 6 games with us. I would like to see him on our roster as well, but I don't think he will change anything until our overall team defensive coverage and goaltending gets back to what it was before.
Well respectfully we'll have to agree to disagree. As I've mentioned Emelin had about as many hits as Markov, Subban and Gorges combined, and many were bone-rattling hits that neutralized an opponent and/or separated him from the puck. For a team with a small roster I think that's "huge." I do not see Emelin as a bottom pairing defenceman as you do. He played big minutes with Markov and that was not due Diaz being out. In fact Diaz shone primarily on the PP while Subban was still negotiating.

I do agree that based on his age and the few games he played w/ the Habs this season that Tinordi would not replace Emelin. But remember Tinordi was playing on his off side and very possibly instructed to keep it simple. Given that we've seen great results from rookies under MT this year I would love to see big Tinordi get paired with a solid partner and given a chance to hold the blue line, punish opposing forwards along the boards, and clear the crease.

Anyway Go Habs Go!

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:22 PM
  #120
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,275
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
I dont see Tinordi before 2 years...if at all...hasnt impressed...i think we have a star in nathan beaulieu though....

80% of people on this board love Tinordi because he is 9 feet tall....i would trade him now in a package for something we need...we will need to keep nathan beaulieu
I really have no idea what people are seeing in Beaulieu's call-ups vs. Tinordi's that I'm missing. Maybe Beaulieu will be better in the future, but in terms of their play in the NHL based on what we've seen, Tinordi is far closer to being ready and much more able to help the Habs as we stand today.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:44 PM
  #121
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Well respectfully we'll have to agree to disagree. As I've mentioned Emelin had about as many hits as Markov, Subban and Gorges combined, and many were bone-rattling hits that neutralized an opponent and/or separated him from the puck. For a team with a small roster I think that's "huge." I do not see Emelin as a bottom pairing defenceman as you do. He played big minutes with Markov and that was not due Diaz being out. In fact Diaz shone primarily on the PP while Subban was still negotiating.

I do agree that based on his age and the few games he played w/ the Habs this season that Tinordi would not replace Emelin. But remember Tinordi was playing on his off side and very possibly instructed to keep it simple. Given that we've seen great results from rookies under MT this year I would love to see big Tinordi get paired with a solid partner and given a chance to hold the blue line, punish opposing forwards along the boards, and clear the crease.

Anyway Go Habs Go!
Yes, Emelin was hitting a lot more than the rest of our top 4. I never denied that. Where we differ is on the role this physicality plays in our current bad streak. You seem to think it holds a major factor. I don't.
Emelin is not the reason why our forwards are failing at their defensive coverage, it really has nothing to do with it. Emelin isn't the reason why Gorges and PK don't look as solid. Heck, PK even said himself that since they clinched he doesn't feel like the team and himself are playing with the same sense of urgency.
You also have interviews on TSN990 from Brian Burke and Darren Dreger, and they both feel like the loss of Emelin isn't really what this is about (Burke also added that Price is one of the best goalies in the NHL), Dreger said the GMs he's talked too still are scared of the habs, speed, tenacity, play and get this, GRIT! Wow, other GMs tell Dreger they are impressed by the Habs's grit..

I mean, it's pretty darn simple to look at our current bad streak, notice that Emelin isn't on the team anymore, and say ''well, that must be why!''. But in reality, there's no way you can attribute our extremely poor coverage and lack of compete to missing him. No way.
Also, Emelin was not the bone crushing machine you make him out to be, not this year. He had some nice hits, but not nearly as much as last year, and he wasn't solid defensively. He still struggled on his off wing.

Anyways, I guess there's no convincing you otherwise. You can think that losing an average #4 physical Dman is the cause for a collapse, but I think it has more to do with the rest of the team just not stepping up their game when other teams are (PO race might have something to do with that) and our goalies not stopping beach balls.
I expect things to go back on better tracks by the POs.


As for Tinordi, there's no doubt he was told to keep it simple, and not go out of position to throw hits. It seems to be a very popular opinion of Therrien. But he's also a rookie and barely cracks 200 lbs. That might also have something to do with it.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:26 PM
  #122
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Gorges-Subban
Markov-Bouillon
Tinordi-Diaz

Why isn't this happening????

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:52 PM
  #123
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Gorges-Subban
Markov-Bouillon
Tinordi-Diaz

Why isn't this happening????
Tinordi is not even with the team let alone in the lineup.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 06:48 PM
  #124
hockeyman*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
Really shows how Berg pushed the fact how everyone needs to play a role on this team to be successful. We have nobody that can fill Emelin's role other then maybe Tinordi, but thats a lot of pressure on this kid. Anyone familiar how Tinordi played with the Knights in the playoffs, and if his game changed/adapted?

from other thread, but works here.

hockeyman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.