HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#46| New York Islanders vs. Carolina Hurricanes | April 23 | 7PM | 3-4 L/SO

Old
04-23-2013, 10:37 AM
aemoreira1981

vCash: 500
NHL team facing an AHL goalie (no matter who starts); there is no excuse if the Islanders lose this game.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 View Post
NHL team facing an AHL goalie (no matter who starts); there is no excuse if the Islanders lose this game.
But like 8 weeks ago we were an AHL team too.

My how things have changed. and all the credit should go towards Josh Bailey Frans Nielsen & especially Kyle Okposo. Our turnaround happened the moment they started playing like this.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Novacane

Win this please.

Novacane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 10:54 AM
aemoreira1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post

My how things have changed. and all the credit should go towards Josh Bailey Frans Nielsen & especially Kyle Okposo. Our turnaround happened the moment they started playing like this.
The Islanders had Evgeni Nabokov stealing games. The Canes have been in free fall since Cam Ward was lost for the season.

aemoreira1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:00 AM
StumpNYI

Tavares loves playing the canes. Hope he gets a couple.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:02 AM
IslesNorway

Sooo important so win or bust!

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Crazy Carl Spackler
Arch Duke of Raleigh

To my fellow posters who are going tonight.

How about we meet up after the 1st period, behind the ticket booths, by the escalators, where the John Deere display usually is?

Crazy Carl Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:05 AM
JT4President

Wow guys, you're making it sound like this is a guarenteed 2 pts. Far from it. These guys play us tough. I'm more nervous playing these guys then I was playing Tor or Wpg. I love the way we're playing, but these guys for some reason seem to have our number. Here's to hoping for a solid effort and 2 pts. Hopefully we can get a couple early and force them just to go through the motions.

JT4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Degeneration Rex

To keep it going of course I continue wearing the Tavares jersey just about 24 hours a day.

Degeneration Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Islander Prophet

win and unless Winnipeg wins their game, Islanders clinch playoff spot

I predict Islanders win 4-3 tonight

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:11 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresfan91 View Post
it scares me a bit that they have played us well so far but that was in Feb when we hit a rough spot and they have not played us while we have been on this hot streak so im expecting a big 5-2 win for the isles. I also think the capitals will beat the jets.
It should also be pointed out the 2 times we played Carolina our goalies were Dipietro and Poulin. That Dipietro lose(6-4) still bugs me to this day(we were up 3-2 going into the third and he gave up a few bad goals)

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:11 AM
wingnutks

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
It should also be pointed out the 2 times we played Carolina our goalies were Dipietro and Poulin
Details, minor details.

wingnutks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
It should also be pointed out the 2 times we played Carolina our goalies were Dipietro and Poulin. That Dipietro lose(6-4) still bugs me to this day(we were up 3-2 going into the third and he gave up a few bad goals)
Good point.

Degeneration Rex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Tavartrick
All hail Wang!

Something's brewing! It's been a long time since #91's last tavartrick and it's safe to say that our savior hasn't been living up to our expectations lately (perhaps because of the back injury he sustained from carrying the first line for 40 plus games). I sense that tonight Tavares will regain his super saiyan form, just in time for the playoffs.

Tavartrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:24 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
This is for ISLES31 - Are you serious dude? This is freaking me out!!!!!!

I grew up at 4055 Avoca, too!!!!!!

I lived there from 1969-1979. My room was the room that was the converted garage. When my parents bought the house, we had a contractor convert the garage into a bedroom that opened onto the dining room and closed off the second floor stair railing and made the 2nd floor an apartment.

Do you know the Bartleys/Fagans/Carrolls?

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Bones45
Prince is a Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wentworth View Post

How about we meet up after the 1st period, behind the ticket booths, by the escalators, where the John Deere display usually is?
Ummm.. lets keep this thread clean, eh?

Isles are clearly playing over their heads and I'm expecting them to get bombed tonight.

45-1

DP Sucks.

(good, Dan-O?)

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:52 AM
beach
Things are looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wentworth View Post

sounds good - see you there

Old
04-23-2013, 11:57 AM
SI90

Lets do it boys. Win and hope the jets lose and we can party for a few days.

SI90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:03 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
This is for ISLES31 - Are you serious dude? This is freaking me out!!!!!!

I grew up at 4055 Avoca, too!!!!!!

I lived there from 1969-1979. My room was the room that was the converted garage. When my parents bought the house, we had a contractor convert the garage into a bedroom that opened onto the dining room and closed off the second floor stair railing and made the 2nd floor an apartment.

Do you know the Bartleys/Fagans/Carrolls?
Are you serious? i moved in there about 1984 and lived there until 94. The garage was our "playroom" and we made the shelves along the wall where the garage door was the place we put all the "good" tonka trucks. In the back of the garage room was the boiler room, right? The livingroom had a really high ceiling...the backyard had that tree right outside the door that was so ginormous by the time we got there it had cracked the patio. There was that old broken down shed in the corner of the yard...The sump was behind the house, used to go sledding in there all the time. I dont remember the neighbors directly next door's last name but the son was named Paul and he played hockey. And his mom had the most ginormous poodle ever.

This is seriously trippy dude...and pretty cool.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post

Like the new avatar.

Just get 2.

04-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Islanders1932

What are the odds of two people on this board growing up in the same house. Small world

Islanders1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:12 PM
beach
Things are looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
Are you serious? i moved in there about 1984 and lived there until 94. The garage was our "playroom" and we made the shelves along the wall where the garage door was the place we put all the "good" tonka trucks. In the back of the garage room was the boiler room, right? The livingroom had a really high ceiling...the backyard had that tree right outside the door that was so ginormous by the time we got there it had cracked the patio. There was that old broken down shed in the corner of the yard...The sump was behind the house, used to go sledding in there all the time. I dont remember the neighbors directly next door's last name but the son was named Paul and he played hockey. And his mom had the most ginormous poodle ever.

Those shelves were used for my tonka trucks too! I used to keep the boiler room door open in the winter as more heat came into the room. The room was so long I used to set up my mylec net on my bed and take wrist shots. Yes, Paul next door is Pauly Von Bevern ( i remember him as an infant) and his mom was Jeanne. A lot of the people i grew up with bought houses on the same block. That mimosa tree on the patio was split by lightning during hurricane Agnes in 1972 but survived.

Sorry about the OT mods, but the odds of two Islanders posters having both grown up in the same house are amazingly small.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:17 PM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post

Is "poodle" a code word for something else.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:19 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
Those shelves were used for my tonka trucks too! I used to keep the boiler room door open in the winter as more heat came into the room. The room was so long I used to set up my mylec net on my bed and take wrist shots. Yes, Paul next door is Pauly Von Bevern ( i remember him as an infant) and his mom was Jeanne. A lot of the people i grew up with bought houses on the same block. That mimosa tree on the patio was split by lightning during hurricane Agnes in 1972 but survived.

Sorry about the OT mods, but the odds of two Islanders posters having both grown up in the same house are amazingly small.
Thats so funny, bc we would play hockey in there too, my younger brother and I, but with the mini-sticks. I broke the neighbor across the street's window with a puck through the net. Oops. My room was at the end of the hallway, after you passed the bathroom and the kitchen doorway, bathroom and other room. So crazy.

And sorry everyone else who really has zero interest in this...come into the GDT and see two dudes posting about their old house. Only thing were missing is Bob Vila.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:29 PM
seawolves
IT'S BOSS TIME!!!

Socks off!

seawolves is offline   Reply With Quote