HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Other Sports Thread XIV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2013, 12:20 PM
  #876
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,329
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
Well it's been real educating you guys but I'm about to hit the pub. ENjoy the game all.
Do you drink this early or there just to watch the game?

I don't hate Spanish football or players, but Germans have a more entertaining strategy/playing style compared to Spain, the BL has more parity besides Bayern, and I grew up loving a few German players and how they played with such skill and technique. I don't know, it's very hard to describe why I don't care for Spain or their football except for a few certain players like Isco, Cazorla, Fabregas, Messi (South American), etc.

I also grew up rooting for Italy (because Poland always blow it) in the world cups', and I think we are supposed to hate Spain.

S E P H is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:33 PM
  #877
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,440
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Do you drink this early or there just to watch the game?
I don't drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I don't hate Spanish football or players, but Germans have a more entertaining strategy/playing style compared to Spain,
That's debatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
the BL has more parity besides Bayern,
That's debatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
and I grew up loving a few German players and how they played with such skill and technique. I don't know, it's very hard to describe why I don't care for Spain or their football except for a few certain players like Isco, Cazorla, Fabregas, Messi (South American), etc.

I also grew up rooting for Italy (because Poland always blow it) in the world cups', and I think we are supposed to hate Spain.
La liga isn't short on Skill or technique. I don't cheer for Spain I cheer for Argentina anyway.

... And soon Muniain.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:39 PM
  #878
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,644
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
I don't drink
How do you watch soccer then?

Rhaego is online now  
Old
04-23-2013, 12:44 PM
  #879
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,329
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
La liga isn't short on Skill or technique. I don't cheer for Spain I cheer for Argentina anyway.

... And soon Muniain.
I actually admit there are a ton of very good Spanish players who are very underrated due to all the spot light on the two big clubs. You could probably name me close to 10 players whom I have never heard of that are probably better than Cazorla in the La Liga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway View Post
How do you watch soccer then?
Alcohol is filled with empty calories anyway, though I do like a glass of Red Wine or some Rum/Irish Bailey here and there.

S E P H is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 05:02 PM
  #880
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,766
vCash: 500
The ESPN bloggers did a mock draft and Bill Will selected Bjorn Werner.

I also keep seeing Tank Carddine and Damontre Moore's name tossed out.

Hasbro is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 05:29 PM
  #881
anleva
Registered User
 
anleva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
The ESPN bloggers did a mock draft and Bill Will selected Bjorn Werner.

I also keep seeing Tank Carddine and Damontre Moore's name tossed out.
Yeah Werner and Moore seem to be sliding down, Carradine sliding up and depending on mock I've seen all three have been available at the Broncos pick. I'd be happy to get one of those 3. Moore though really seems to dropping. Talented end but getting labeled as issue with his head and work ethic. But any of the three could work out great for the Broncos.

Based on what I am seeing it looks like the 1st round graded DTs will go before the Broncos pick so they will need to pick one up in a later round. It looks like based on quality of player that will be available at the end of the 1st and positions Broncos are interested in a quality DE or CB would be available when they pick, so I'm guessing they go either DE or CB in the 1st round unless a surprise drops to their pick at another position.

anleva is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 05:39 PM
  #882
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,766
vCash: 500
Fortunately there should be a decent DT that will make it to the 2nd.

If Star does drop out of the top 10 I would be all over a trade up for him.

Hasbro is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 05:59 PM
  #883
anleva
Registered User
 
anleva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Yeah DT is pretty deep so I could see them go DE then DT in the second or third.

It seems to be rated as a good and deep draft for DT, DE, S, RB

Not so deep/strong at CB and ILB.

Unless they end up with a top CB in the 1st (and I really prefer they don't) I'd prefer they grab a S before a CB in this draft as I think a good safety would have a much greater impact on the defense this coming season than a CB would and it seems you could get an impact S in the mid rounds than you could a CB.

So grab a S and a RB in the mid-rounds, get a DE and DT in the early rounds and not sure what to do at ILB. If you want a good one probably need to get one by the 2nd round. So maybe it goes DE, ILB, DT and then find yourself a S/RB in the later rounds.

anleva is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 07:04 PM
  #884
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,737
vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I have this horrible feeling we take T'eo. I hope it's not true.

Would love Warner or Carradine or Hunt.

Would like Lacy too.

Anyways though, this draft is all over the place. I think this is going to be a case where the Broncos absolutely love a guy and he may not be who we had seen coming. Honestly I'm not seeing where there is much of a difference between pick #8 and pick #28.

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 07:12 PM
  #885
anleva
Registered User
 
anleva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I have this horrible feeling we take T'eo. I hope it's not true.
I have the same feeling on us taking T'eo that I did with Tebow. I am just refusing to think about it.

anleva is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:07 PM
  #886
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anleva View Post
Yeah DT is pretty deep so I could see them go DE then DT in the second or third.

It seems to be rated as a good and deep draft for DT, DE, S, RB

Not so deep/strong at CB and ILB.

Unless they end up with a top CB in the 1st (and I really prefer they don't) I'd prefer they grab a S before a CB in this draft as I think a good safety would have a much greater impact on the defense this coming season than a CB would and it seems you could get an impact S in the mid rounds than you could a CB.

So grab a S and a RB in the mid-rounds, get a DE and DT in the early rounds and not sure what to do at ILB. If you want a good one probably need to get one by the 2nd round. So maybe it goes DE, ILB, DT and then find yourself a S/RB in the later rounds.
I would be okay with Vaccaro or Cyprien in the 1st. I really don't want to spend a high pick on a corner this year.

Hasbro is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:36 PM
  #887
anleva
Registered User
 
anleva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
I would be okay with Vaccaro or Cyprien in the 1st. I really don't want to spend a high pick on a corner this year.
It's a deep draft at safety. While I like both of those players I think safety is a position you draft in a mid-round and the player you get may be as good as the early rounders. My point was I'd rather take a safety over a corner and it's a thin draft at corner so if you are going to grab one you will have to grab one early to get a good one. I don't think I'd do that if I were the Broncos, there are other more important positions for this season.

anleva is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:48 PM
  #888
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,766
vCash: 500
I think we're fine at Corner for another year and you can help the secondary by improving the front line. You find a CB you like on day 3 knock yourself out.

Hasbro is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:51 PM
  #889
anleva
Registered User
 
anleva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
I think we're fine at Corner for another year and you can help the secondary by improving the front line.
Yep, we agree

anleva is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:58 PM
  #890
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,644
vCash: 50
Elway to Marino was tight

And **** the Upton brothers ****ing killing us

Rhaego is online now  
Old
04-23-2013, 08:59 PM
  #891
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,644
vCash: 50
Go Nuggets too

Rhaego is online now  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:01 PM
  #892
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,766
vCash: 500

Hasbro is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:07 PM
  #893
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway View Post
Elway to Marino was tight
Glad they did highlighted how bat**** Irsay, acknowledged what a threat the USFL was and didn't indulge in the idiocy that Elway killed the Colts in Baltimore.

Hasbro is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:32 PM
  #894
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,644
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Glad they did highlighted how bat**** Irsay, acknowledged what a threat the USFL was and didn't indulge in the idiocy that Elway killed the Colts in Baltimore.
Thought it was crazy that Bill Walsh was contemplating trading Montanna in '83 for Elway

Rhaego is online now  
Old
04-23-2013, 10:16 PM
  #895
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,737
vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I'm hoping both of the Broncos first two picks are in the front seven.

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 10:58 PM
  #896
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway View Post
Thought it was crazy that Bill Walsh was contemplating trading Montanna in '83 for Elway
Same here. Amazed too about all that stuff surrounding Marino. "Dr. Z" really looked like an idiot.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 10:59 PM
  #897
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Same here. Amazed too about all that stuff surrounding Marino. "Dr. Z" really looked like an idiot.
I've always thought, for the majority of his career, Dr. Z looked like an idiot.

Huis Clos* is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 11:00 PM
  #898
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,737
vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Curry is just abusing the Nuggets. And Chandler is ice ice cold.

Bonzai12 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 11:04 PM
  #899
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,644
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Curry is just abusing the Nuggets. And Chandler is ice ice cold.
They won't keep shooting like they are.

Doesn't mean will win, but its pretty unsustainable.

Faried can't play tonight. One of Chandler, Iggy, Javale, or Ty needs to step up right now.

Rhaego is online now  
Old
04-23-2013, 11:07 PM
  #900
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,737
vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I like Karl a lot but I would take Iggy off of Curry. They're just throwing Curry through so many picks that Iggy is getting removed entirely from the play.

Bonzai12 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.