HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks fall in Vancouver 3-1, first regulation loss of April

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
I know it's Karen Thompson, she does alot of the sports updates on that station.
..and it does show how she really doesn't know much considering there was a penalty being called on the slash.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:09 PM
McDooRoo

What's with all the Vancooter fans on the Hawks board?? They act like they won the Stanley Cup.....oh wait we all know that isn't going to happen since they haven't won one in.....ever. They beat a team that had zero interest in the game and our coach proved that with his musical lines.

As for Dunc's comments I don't see what people are freaking about. He was asked an ignorant question after being abused all game what did people expect him to act like? All cheery and tell the Vancooter reporter "you're right I hacked that ginger pansy and got away with it, but it wasnt as bad as I was hoping?". There was nothing sexist about she's a female and there are no female refs in the NHL. She was trolling a dude that got abused all game.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Gurth

I have no problem with what Keith said on any level. "Reporters" like her are trash.

What you guys miss out on by being in the home market is hearing how the Vancouver announcers and other media types from up there talk about the Hawks and specifically Keith. I had to suffer through the Nucks announcers last night.

They made mention of the hit on Sedin multiple times and went out of their way to disparage Keith in several other instances during the game.

One instance last night was when they were talking about his lack of hitting. Said he had the lowest total amongst the d-men (fact) and that his agent wouldn't want to bring that up during negotiations (unprofessional cheap shot).

The slash in question was reacted to as if Keith had pulled out a double barrel and blasted the ginger in the back. After the replay, they conceded that it wasn't as bad as they first thought.

It went on and on.

Don't think that word of this stuff doesn't reach Duncs and I for one am glad that he put that homer dunce in her place.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

I honestly don't give two ***** what those loser reporters in Vancouver say/ask. More concerning is how the Hawks got taken to the woodshed last night.

They should bounce back though; they have all year.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Crawford was the only player to show up... Sloppy and lazy game

Nucks played good too, not only won because we were bad

Old
04-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Apple Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayzinSmith View Post
One.
Two. Ted Lindsay award is pretty much another MVP award in case you forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
I loved Kesler's big mean serious faces when he was taking draws. What did he think that they were in Game 6 and the score was tied late in the 3rd!
It's called having a game face and focusing solely on the game.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:53 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Juice View Post

Except pretty much =\= actuality, in case you forgot. Why exaggerate awards on a Hawks board? We know that the Sedins are extremely talented.

I didn't know Kesler could focus on actual games, I figured he was too busy focusing on diving and getting injured all the time. Thanks Canuck fan! Learn something new everyday!

Old
04-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Gurth

Quote:

Actually, he was visualizing a way to stumble on the drop and launch himself into the end boards while making it look like Toews touched him.

Kesler is a joke. I'm embarrassed that he's an American. Hopefully he doesn't represent us in Sochi.

Edit: Hot Fuss beat me to it.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:04 PM
McDooRoo

Quote:

You mean focused on diving like a swan? That part of solely on the game?

You Nucks fans are something.....come to a Hawks board to spew a love fest for one of the worst divers in the NHL. Why don't you go to where people share the same love for the ******

Old
04-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Gurth

The vast majority of folks outside of Chicago have no problem with Keith's comments. At least those on tsn:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=421504

Old
04-23-2013, 01:09 PM
hawksfan50

Disappointing that the Blackhawks failed to show jp and compete...mailing in a disinterested cheque cashing night instead of showing professional pride and work effort...simply was no effort...only going through the motions and letting VAN dominate by outworking and outwanting the points...funny how PITT has the pride to still try to win and track us down for the PT...now if they win out,we gotta win 2 of our final 3...hope our guys can turn the switch back on...but I fear that once the lazy virus hits,it may stay around longer than we want...shame on our guys for this fiasco of a MIA exemplar of how not to play the game.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurth View Post
The vast majority of folks outside of Chicago have no problem with Keith's comments. At least those on tsn:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=421504
If I was a pro athlete I'd be in trouble like this all the time. Dealing with reporters/media is an absolutely insufferable aspect to that job. Even if you're a pleasant, patient, nice person, they're just so aggravating and dealing with that on a daily basis would be awful, especially post-game when your emotions are still high and they just pick at you.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:00 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

I have no problem with Vancouver fans coming to our boards. A lot of them are extremely friendly and respectful.

I just don't get the appeal to coming to another team's threads and starting arguments when you already know exactly how it'll end.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:04 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I have no problem with Vancouver fans coming to our boards. A lot of them are extremely friendly and respectful.

I just don't get the appeal to coming to another team's threads and starting arguments when you already know exactly how it'll end.
Agreed.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:09 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

The main boards is where fans of different teams can talk during/after games, rivals or not. That place is not another team's board, for that team's fans. I can't stand people that come over to other teams boards during/after games, especially of rival fanbases, and the most insufferable are the ones that come over during/after a blowout loss and say **** like, "You guys are great. Don't worry about it. We just got lucky tonight"..

Old
04-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Hawkaholic

Yup, I don't care that they are trying to show class by saying stupid **** like that.

We don't care what Nuck fans think of Chicago, or any player on Chicago. Just **** and stay on your own board no matter how "nice" you think you are being.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Blue Liner

The main boards are a circus and nothing resembling a level-headed, intelligent conversation about hockey can happen there. I don't do cartwheels over other teams' fans coming in here, but if they keep it civil and it isn't the kiss-ass type stuff you speak of that we can all see right through, I'm okay with it.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:19 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

What "kiss-ass" stuff are you guys talking about? Nothing wrong with...

"Hey Kings fan here, just wanted to say I love your team and hope they do well in the playoffs (except against the kings of course! Hahahaha)"

Just somebody being nice. Don't know why it'd be bothersome.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:21 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:

"Hey Kings fan here, just wanted to say I love your team and hope they do well in the playoffs (except against the kings of course! Hahahaha)"

I guess it depends on the game. If it involves a horribly blown no goal call on a goal to win it or it is a 7-1 drubbing, it comes off as trolling. Otherwise, yeah, you want to come over and say good game, fine.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:

The ones Hoss referred to. The "oh man we're so lucky to have beat you guys, you're so great", etc. It comes across as fake and odd to me. Feels fake and trying too hard to be nice. Just a personal feel and nuisance.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:36 PM
polarbearcub

What are you guys talking about " Keith being abused" all game??

Old
04-23-2013, 02:44 PM
helicon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbearcub View Post
What are you guys talking about " Keith being abused" all game??
Abused defensively, made to look silly, played terribly. Not abused as in cheap shotted or whatever, if that's your angle.

Last edited by helicon1: 04-23-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old
04-23-2013, 02:45 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:

I don't care about that stuff. That's fine.

I'm talking about the games against the Oilers last year, where you'd have fans come in and say, "Wow, I can't believe we won tonight. That was obviously an anomaly for us. You guys are great though."

You're team won whatever the outrageous score was. It was a humiliating night for the Hawks or their fans. Enjoy your win on your board, don't bring it to ours, even if you're just being "nice".

Old
04-23-2013, 02:53 PM
madgoat33

Quote:

because why come over here to say that stupid ****? if they actually want to discuss something, then fine, but coming over here with empty words is just antagonization as far as I'm concerned. They have their own boards for that kind of hoo-hawing.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:55 PM
madgoat33

Keith passed up about 4 open looks including a prime scoring opportunity in the slot given to him by kane and then also proceeded to kill our offense by firing horrible shots into legs and hamstringing guys with braindead passes.

Not his best game, but it was the 3rd in 4 nights and he's played pretty well lately.

Closed Thread