HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's going on? Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 03:12 PM
  #701
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,123
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Since his wedding, Gregor has become unlistenable.

What happened to the hard nosed guy who used to host the post-game shows? The guy who actually had a clue.
Less sex = More stress = Meaner Gregor

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 03:40 PM
  #702
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,263
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Less sex = More stress = Meaner Gregor

I think youve got that backwards.

You must not be married.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 07:21 PM
  #703
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,550
vCash: 1850
find it interesing that I am at work tonight and can not find one radio station in Edmonton airing an original sports show today

I guess with the acception of the oil king game, everyone else in the sports community has that they day off. Had to tuine into Vancouver and Toronto to listen to sports tonight

__________________
not sure how--but the fish just jumped in the boat and put the hook in it's mouth
52299/14814
The twenty year rebuild is on!!! Embrace the suck
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:58 AM
  #704
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
find it interesing that I am at work tonight and can not find one radio station in Edmonton airing an original sports show today

I guess with the acception of the oil king game, everyone else in the sports community has that they day off. Had to tuine into Vancouver and Toronto to listen to sports tonight
During a break in the Oil Kings game shortly before 9, I flipped over to CHED just to hear if they were airing a live show. What I heard was an extremely awkward (apparently previously aired) interview with CFL most outstanding player turned off-season MMA fighter Chad Owens. While the topic was of some interest to me, the execution of it by Tencer was clumsy to the point of being unlistenable.

abootzky is offline  
Old
04-03-2013, 08:46 AM
  #705
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,123
vCash: 50
Spence must really be hurting giving better warranties and no more yearly inspections.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 07:25 AM
  #706
DrDrai
Registered User
 
DrDrai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
I think will Fraser might be one of the most uninformed people on earth, the crap he says just baffles me every morning, for example... "With smithson coming in we can sit Hemsky for a couple of games because reports say he's fighting something"...or when he plays weatherman..." Freezing rain this morning be careful"... The snow/rain isn't coming till tonight..

/end rant

DrDrai is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 08:18 AM
  #707
Bodmanza
pipsqueaks united
 
Bodmanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX93 View Post
I think will Fraser might be one of the most uninformed people on earth, the crap he says just baffles me every morning, for example... "With smithson coming in we can sit Hemsky for a couple of games because reports say he's fighting something"...or when he plays weatherman..." Freezing rain this morning be careful"... The snow/rain isn't coming till tonight..

/end rant
Thank you. Have been meaning to say this for months.
The arguments he has with Nielson are unbelievable, I am trying to recall the discussion they had on Tuesday morning... I was rolling my eyes so much I almost drove into the ditch.

Bodmanza is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 08:30 AM
  #708
Krut
Registered User
 
Krut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX93 View Post
I think will Fraser might be one of the most uninformed people on earth, the crap he says just baffles me every morning, for example... "With smithson coming in we can sit Hemsky for a couple of games because reports say he's fighting something"...or when he plays weatherman..." Freezing rain this morning be careful"... The snow/rain isn't coming till tonight..

/end rant
Today he says he's concerned about the Gaborik trade to the Blue Jackets because "if they miss the playoffs their draft position is slightly worse."

Krut is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 07:13 PM
  #709
DrDrai
Registered User
 
DrDrai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodmanza View Post
Thank you. Have been meaning to say this for months.
The arguments he has with Nielson are unbelievable, I am trying to recall the discussion they had on Tuesday morning... I was rolling my eyes so much I almost drove into the ditch.
There's too many to recall, I don't know how Dustin hasn't knocked him out cold, such a frustrating guy. It's funny you mentioned Tuesday though, because I recall myself yellin at my radio haha.

DrDrai is offline  
Old
04-04-2013, 07:26 PM
  #710
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,101
vCash: 500
Fraser has always been someone who is impossible to take seriously. He either purposely tries to go against the grain and it comes across in his lame/desperate attempts for an argument with the angles he chooses, or he just sounds childish, not to mention horribly amateur with his "I'm smarter than everyone else in the room" type banter and generally anecdotal commentary. He is okay as a co-host, OKAY, but more often than not I find myself scratching my head, laughing (at him) or getting frustrated while listening to him on the road, like what the **** sort of deal.

Philly85 is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 04:16 PM
  #711
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,316
vCash: 500
How did Gregor get Ndamukong Suh on his show? Benches over 400lbs.

timekeep is offline  
Old
04-08-2013, 08:07 PM
  #712
Sanchez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
I'm wondering how many more times we get to hear the commercial for The Masters contest?

Sanchez is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 01:47 PM
  #713
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
From Lowetide's blog:

Quote:
Starting next Monday, April 29 at 10am, The Lowedown with Lowetide will be on the air every weekday morning on Team 1260.
As a fan of Jim Rome who actually enjoyed the 2 hour daily break from local (ie. Oilers) sports talk, I don't love this programming change. I'm still happy for Allan Mitchell however.

abootzky is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 01:50 PM
  #714
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,123
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
From Lowetide's blog:



As a fan of Jim Rome who actually enjoyed the 2 hour daily break from local (ie. Oilers) sports talk, I don't love this programming change. I'm still happy for Allan Mitchell however.
This is horrible news. There is already too much local coverage.

Good for lowetide, not good for people who listen to the radio all day.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 02:04 PM
  #715
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,451
vCash: 612
Hey I was wondering, could we start calling Brownlee "Newton"?

The reason I bring this up is he's become a pretty pathetic "parrot/yes man" for Gregor over the last year and it's getting tough to stomach.

He reminds me of Newton from the old Hercules cartoons "Right Herc, right"

Totally suits him now.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now  
Old
04-23-2013, 02:14 PM
  #716
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,123
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Hey I was wondering, could we start calling Brownlee "Newton"?

The reason I bring this up is he's become a pretty pathetic "parrot/yes man" for Gregor over the last year and it's getting tough to stomach.

He reminds me of Newton from the old Hercules cartoons "Right Herc, right"

Totally suits him now.
I don't know that he has a choice. I was listening last week and they were kinda arguing and then out of no where Brownlee says that he isn't disagreeing with Gregor. Yet they clearly were on both sides of the fence.

When it comes to callers or hosts Gregor has a hard time respecting opinions that are different from his. He'll respect Strudwick simply because Strudwick was in the show, but Rishaug, Brownlee, Spec, Barnes(past) he'll throw a tantrum.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 02:14 PM
  #717
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,792
vCash: 500
Jim Rome was unlistenably awful about the last 20 times I tuned in. Not sad to see his shtick go. Occasionaly he would have a good guest, most of the time would be him seizing on one small topic and running it into the ground for an hour.

Beerfish is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 02:36 PM
  #718
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,451
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I don't know that he has a choice. I was listening last week and they were kinda arguing and then out of no where Brownlee says that he isn't disagreeing with Gregor. Yet they clearly were on both sides of the fence.

When it comes to callers or hosts Gregor has a hard time respecting opinions that are different from his. He'll respect Strudwick simply because Strudwick was in the show, but Rishaug, Brownlee, Spec, Barnes(past) he'll throw a tantrum.
I miss Barnes pushing his buttons. And I agree, but for Brownlee it extends to twitter where he spouts off often on things that Gregor has stated that day or tweeted eariler.

Brownlee actually was beaking Principe the other day, which I thought was pretty classless considering what a great guy Gene is, like his stand ups or not.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now  
Old
04-23-2013, 02:39 PM
  #719
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,123
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I miss Barnes pushing his buttons. And I agree, but for Brownlee it extends to twitter where he spouts off often on things that Gregor has stated that day or tweeted eariler.

Brownlee actually was beaking Principe the other day, which I thought was pretty classless considering what a great guy Gene is, like his stand ups or not.
Interesting. Either way I think it's only a matter of time before he is gone.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 02:44 PM
  #720
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,550
vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
From Lowetide's blog:



As a fan of Jim Rome who actually enjoyed the 2 hour daily break from local (ie. Oilers) sports talk, I don't love this programming change. I'm still happy for Allan Mitchell however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
This is horrible news. There is already too much local coverage.

Good for lowetide, not good for people who listen to the radio all day.
I hate Rome with vengence

Good for Lowetide (for those who do not know--LT was the original mod for this board for a long time)

jumptheshark is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 04:41 PM
  #721
abootzky
Registered User
 
abootzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Jim Rome was unlistenably awful about the last 20 times I tuned in. Not sad to see his shtick go. Occasionaly he would have a good guest, most of the time would be him seizing on one small topic and running it into the ground for an hour.
Speaking of seizing one topic and running it into the ground, do you think the TEAM really needs another 2 hours of Oilers talk every weekday (including the dog-days of the NHL off-season)?

abootzky is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 04:45 PM
  #722
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,123
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
Speaking of seizing one topic and running it into the ground, do you think the TEAM really needs another 2 hours of Oilers talk every weekday (including the dog-days of the NHL off-season)?
It's going to be such a joy this summer listening to the team.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 04:48 PM
  #723
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,550
vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
Speaking of seizing one topic and running it into the ground, do you think the TEAM really needs another 2 hours of Oilers talk every weekday (including the dog-days of the NHL off-season)?
Rome sucks--he is too full of himself

As for talking about the oilers--that is all the city talks about anyway

jumptheshark is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 04:55 PM
  #724
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,123
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Rome sucks--he is too full of himself

As for talking about the oilers--that is all the city talks about anyway
Not really. There are a lot of fans of other sports. Problem is this city has problems finding guys that know anything more then hockey so those fans don't listen to local talk radio.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 09:57 PM
  #725
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever
 
Gret99zky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,580
vCash: 6964
I'm going to reserve judgement until I've heard a few of the Lowedowns.

I've often listened to Allan's Saturday shows and enjoyed them.

I expect Lowetide has a gameplan and will find his own niche on the Team 1260.

I am a regular visitor of his blog and consider his perspective to be quite unique and refreshing.

Re: Rome

I am a sports fan but between Jim, his regular call-ins, and the sound bites I often can't understand a damn thing that's being said.

Gret99zky is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.