HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils vs. Montreal, 7PM. Deal with it edition.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

vCash: 500
if this is how you guys react when your team is barely missing the playoffs, you would have never made it as thrashers fans

seriously people, learn to appreciate the little plays and each game individually and not how many points your team has. losing seasons are a lot easier that way.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Nick0930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
if this is how you guys react when your team is barely missing the playoffs, you would have never made it as thrashers fans

seriously people, learn to appreciate the little plays and each game individually and not how many points your team has. losing seasons are a lot easier that way.
This. We as Devils fans were spoiled the last 20 years. Losing seasons DO happen.

Nick0930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Tretyak 20

Quote:

Good point, Rhodes. Let's all just enjoy the bright spots we get out of the last few games and hope next season will be a turn around. LGD!

Tretyak 20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:52 AM
CerebralGenesis

I feel pretty meh about missing the playoffs

**** happens

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

I ain't so mad about missing the playoffs anymore, but that bum Poni in over Henrique? Volchenkov in still, but Fayne out?

Poni on the first line really sucked earlier this year. Matteau looked better there. Yeah I know, seasons over. I just think it's BS that Volchenkov doesn't get punished, and has no accountability for poor play, but guys like Fayne get punished for some phantom BS.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:06 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Making the playoffs over and over made it kind of boring in all honesty, so I ain't that mad

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:11 PM
njdevilsjds
Lovejoy Sucks

Not surprised but, Gelinas for Volchenkov would have been nice.

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Nevermind, Fayne apparently has a nagging injury. The Kremlin Kone probably still would have been in over him though had he not had an injury.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Devils Dominion
Hockey Connoisseur

Can't stand watching Volchenkov anymore, but hope we win.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Richer's Ghost
#26 to #25 for #2

vCash: 369
Quote:

It's not that I'm bitter, it's just exhibition hockey at this point outside of racking up more wins for Marty and more points for Elias padding the Devils record book. I never get up for exhibition hockey.

I'll watch just to see how they play but I can't fake that this game benefits us more to lose than to win - and I'm not a tank kinda fan.

I guess I'm a nihilist for the remainder of this season.

Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:27 PM
CerebralGenesis

They probably want to give the callups a full practice at least before tossing them in Thursday or Saturday.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:31 PM
JK3

Well I had this for when Kovy would make his triumphant return. That took longer than expected and I wasn't in town for the FL game so I might as well just post it.

JK3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

I'm surprised Sislo was called up, and not Tedenby. No complaints from me there though I'm not high on Sislo.

Just read Patty's interview with TG, and it was very refreshing. After Zach's ''Soften the blow'' BS he spewed for months about wanting to come back I can't really trust anything any of these players say, but I think it's a lot easier to trust a guy who's been there forever.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:00 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:

thatís a nice sentiment and all, but we arenít the thrashers. we are spoiled, and I donít think thatís a bad thing. Iíve invested more emotion and money over the years in the devils than all of my relationships put together probably. lou has made some pretty costly missteps these last few years, and I worry that our cup run is masking the underlying issues here- louís negotiating styles, asset management, etc. its no big deal now, I guess, but I donít see much on the horizon. this summer should be make it or break it circumstances for LL.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I'm surprised Sislo was called up, and not Tedenby. No complaints from me there though I'm not high on Sislo.

Just read Patty's interview with TG, and it was very refreshing. After Zach's ''Soften the blow'' BS he spewed for months about wanting to come back I can't really trust anything any of these players say, but I think it's a lot easier to trust a guy who's been there forever.
Yeah. I'm glad he didn't try to blow smoke up our *****. He basically said he'd like to come back, but he knows it's a business and he might not be back.

I'd like to see him back on a Marty contract, but I'd understand if we moves on. He might want to try to Borque himself one last Cup. I'll wish him well.

Luke3026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

If Budaj is starting tonight we either get shutout or just score one goal for sure. That's what happens when a backup goalie plays against this team. Price has been struggling, but if he starts I can even see this being his ''Bounce back to form'' game.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:08 PM
njdevilsjds
Lovejoy Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
thatís a nice sentiment and all, but we arenít the thrashers. we are spoiled, and I donít think thatís a bad thing. Iíve invested more emotion and money over the years in the devils than all of my relationships put together probably. lou has made some pretty costly missteps these last few years, and I worry that our cup run is masking the underlying issues here- louís negotiating styles, asset management, etc. its no big deal now, I guess, but I donít see much on the horizon. this summer should be make it or break it circumstances for LL.
No doubt we are at a crucial stage in where this team is regarding current players and the future of the team. Bottom line is, we need help regarding the future forwards on this team.

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:09 PM
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Devils Advocate

To go, or not to go... That is the question.

SpeakingOfTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
Yeah. I'm glad he didn't try to blow smoke up our *****. He basically said he'd like to come back, but he knows it's a business and he might not be back.

I'd like to see him back on a Marty contract, but I'd understand if we moves on. He might want to try to Borque himself one last Cup. I'll wish him well.
I honestly think a lot of that with him saying he might not be back or they might not want him stems from Sykora, and how he wasn't taken back and how we decided to go with ''Young players''. I think realistically he knows that the chances of him being retained as opposed to Sykora last year are astronomically higher though.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:15 PM
nugg
Swamp Dragons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK3 View Post
Well I had this for when Kovy would make his triumphant return. That took longer than expected and I wasn't in town for the FL game so I might as well just post it.

KovalChuck Norris!

nugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:17 PM
nugg
Swamp Dragons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post

Teddy's injured, missed the last 2 Albany games. He was injured during the first game of the NHL season actually (hip thing). He and JJ just can't buy a break (or better, a non-break).

nugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:30 PM
tenho995

Kovy ok? he looked hurt in last game. also does anyone know if hes going to the wc?

tenho995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenho995 View Post
Kovy ok? he looked hurt in last game. also does anyone know if hes going to the wc?
Kovy is a warrior and is one of the most loyal people I have seen. He will definitely try to play for Russia

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:00 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:

I like this idea. Like, having perspective and ****? I can get on board with that.

Let's Go Devils! Kick their eeeeaassss.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:06 PM
CoryForVezina
Aspiring 1%er

It is ****ing stupid to play Kovy. He looks injured. He has play 25 minutes a friggin game. Let him rest.

If he plays over 20 minutes today, this organization has lost it.

CoryForVezina is offline   Reply With Quote