HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Lines Discussion Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2013, 01:18 AM
  #26
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Pirri will get a shot in training camp next year. LeBlanc will be resigned. Any moves that will be made will depend on how the playoffs play out.

Saad - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Pirri - Hossa
Morin - Bolland - Shaw
Carcillo - Kruger - Smith
Bollig

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Hjalmarsson
Oduya - Brookbank
Stanton

Crawford
Emery/UFA
This is a realistic line-up. I like your 3rd line even though no Bickell or Stalberg. I wouldn't mind Morin Handzus Stalberg or Morin Shaw Stalberg.

If we were able to sign Handzus for 2.1m I would be willing to trade Bolland. Bolland is solid still, but I would rather part ways a year early than a year late. Bolland physically is only capable of 60 game seasons. Handzus if platooned could play more than 60 games.

Smith is probably comparable to Frolik and maybe a bit better in the Offensive zone for less cash.

I'd rather part ways with Brookbank and keep Rozsival, but Stanton is my #7.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 01:30 AM
  #27
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by here come the View Post
Why is everyone so keen to bring up Pirri? If he was good enough to be the number 2 center why wouldn't he be in the NHL now? There's just no way he is better than Kruger, probably not even Shaw. Points in the AHL are beyond meaningless indicators of NHL success
He has taken his game to another, higher level and mad big improvements in his defensiv game.

Point would be, that we end up with Pirri, Krüger and Shaw in the NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
How does trading Bolland for picks help Chicago in any way?
he would keep Stalberg and Bickell on the roster. That would be a good reason to trade Bolland while keeping the system good for the higher picks we could get out of an eastern team.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:07 AM
  #28
Kaners BAC
Registered User
 
Kaners BAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Pirri-Hossa
Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg
Morin-Kruger-Smith

Bolland & Frolik traded for picks/prospects
I like the looks of this but it depends on how Bolland plays this postseason. You're giving up a lot of defense and PK with this move but if Bolland's lackluster play continues in the playoffs, trade him and spend his cap space on Stalberg/Bickell. I don't want the Hawks to spend 3+ Mil on an injury-prone, streaky player. Granted, if the price on Stalberg is much higher than low 3 M, that would be a tough decision too.

Kaners BAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:06 PM
  #29
BronYrAur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Longshot scenario but hey Philly makes moves every summer

- Promote Pirri + Morin + Hayes or Smith
- Promote Dahlbeck or re-sign Stanton as #7 dman
- Re-sign Leddy (2.35M) + Kruger (1.35M)
- Sign affordable backup (Theodore type) at 1M or so
- Trade Clendening + Brookbank to Flyers for Coburn (4.5M cap hit) (Add mid level prospects or picks if needed from Hawks)
- Trade Frolik for pick/prospect (Though I am open to moving Bolland first)

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Pirri-Hossa
Morin-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Kruger-Hayes or Smith
(Bollig)

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Leddy
Oduya-Coburn
(Dahlbeck/Stanton)

Crawford
UFA


Coburn had bad year for Flyers and they need a PMD type young dman (Have for a while). Price cap wise is pricey (4.5M) but he would provide security should Hjalmarsson depart in 2014 summer

Like I said longshot but Flyers are missing playoffs this year and there GM always does baffling things
I like Coburn but the Hawks should be trying to focus their efforts on re-signing Hammer. I mean, why trade assets for an expensive 2nd/3rd-pair guy when you could re-sign an extremely solid 1st/2nd-pair guy in Hammer, who is familiar with the system and the team? Hjalmarsson doesn't score but has been easily the second best defenseman on this team this year and has bounced back to his 2010 form. And the fact that he doesn't have much offensive game should keep him cheaper than other options.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:24 PM
  #30
SLarmer28
Registered User
 
SLarmer28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,102
vCash: 500
Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Leblanc/Pirri - Kane
Bickell - Bolland - Frolik
Gorilla Salad - Kruger - Shaw (sucks at faceoffs)

Bollig

Keith - Hjalmarsson
Leddy - Seabrook
Stanton - Brookbank

Cheap UFA or Olsen

Buyout Olesz
Amnesty Montador
Trade Oduya to the Washington Capitals

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:45 PM
  #31
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 15,410
vCash: 500
It would be nice if the Hawks could dump Frolik's contract to be honest. The Hawks have players that could do the same things he does (which is practically nothing) for a fraction of the cost. He is dead weight on this roster.

Moving Bolland would also give them room like I said earlier to resign Stalberg/Bickell. That combination outweighs the contributions Bolland makes in my opinion. Assuming they can resign Stalberg and Bickell (which is probably a stretch, I realize) then they can roll with something like this:

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Pirri-Hossa
Stalberg-Shaw-Bickell
Morin-Kruger-Carcillo

Keith-Hammer
Leddy-Seabrook
Brookbank-UFA (or call-up...maybe Clendening?)


Under this roster Oduya being moved is a must as well as Bolland. I didn't bother to plug the numbers in, but hopefully the Hawks can make something like this work. Once again, finding suitors for Oduya and Bolland gives this roster so much more flexibility.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:02 PM
  #32
BronYrAur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
It would be nice if the Hawks could dump Frolik's contract to be honest. The Hawks have players that could do the same things he does (which is practically nothing) for a fraction of the cost. He is dead weight on this roster.

Moving Bolland would also give them room like I said earlier to resign Stalberg/Bickell. That combination outweighs the contributions Bolland makes in my opinion. Assuming they can resign Stalberg and Bickell (which is probably a stretch, I realize) then they can roll with something like this:

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Pirri-Hossa
Stalberg-Shaw-Bickell
Morin-Kruger-Carcillo

Keith-Hammer
Leddy-Seabrook
Brookbank-UFA (or call-up...maybe Clendening?)


Under this roster Oduya being moved is a must as well as Bolland. I didn't bother to plug the numbers in, but hopefully the Hawks can make something like this work. Once again, finding suitors for Oduya and Bolland gives this roster so much more flexibility.
Lol.

That would be the worst C depth in the NHL.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:05 PM
  #33
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 15,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Lol.

That would be the worst C depth in the NHL.
Not really, since it is basically what we are rolling out right now sans Bolland (unless you think Bolland truly is the difference). The strength of this team is the wingers...I would rather maintain that than keepBolland and jettison wingers off the roster.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 04:33 PM
  #34
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,503
vCash: 500
what's wrong with Shaw and Krüger as the Bottom6 Centers? It works out pretty good so far.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:21 PM
  #35
LandofLincoln
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by here come the View Post
Why is everyone so keen to bring up Pirri? If he was good enough to be the number 2 center why wouldn't he be in the NHL now? There's just no way he is better than Kruger, probably not even Shaw. Points in the AHL are beyond meaningless indicators of NHL success


Because he lead the AHL in points as a 22 year old, and was a high second round pick.

I could see you saying junior numbers are meaningless indicators of NHL success because they often can be. I think AHL numbers .80 PPG for Pirri makes him a 50Pt player his second full season with Chicago. I would expect his first season to look something like 15G 28A second season 19G 34A

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:31 PM
  #36
here come the
Registered User
 
here come the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Because he lead the AHL in points as a 22 year old, and was a high second round pick.

I could see you saying junior numbers are meaningless indicators of NHL success because they often can be. I think AHL numbers .80 PPG for Pirri makes him a 50Pt player his second full season with Chicago. I would expect his first season to look something like 15G 28A second season 19G 34A
Go back and look at the AHL point leaders the last 5 or so years. Not one of them is a productive NHL player. It's just not a good indicator of success. 43 pts for a second line center playing with our wings would be awful for a guy who isn't good defensively

here come the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:01 PM
  #37
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!
 
Sir Psycho T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Redwood City, CA
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by here come the View Post
Go back and look at the AHL point leaders the last 5 or so years. Not one of them is a productive NHL player. It's just not a good indicator of success. 43 pts for a second line center playing with our wings would be awful for a guy who isn't good defensively
That's because most of them are career AHL players who where 25-28 when they did it.

Last year Cory Conacher was 2nd in points and he is proving to be a good player.

Pirri is a talented young player and deserves a shot.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 06:27 PM
  #38
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 15,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
That's because most of them are career AHL players who where 25-28 when they did it.

Last year Cory Conacher was 2nd in points and he is proving to be a good player.

Pirri is a talented young player and deserves a shot.
Yeah, that is the crux of it. There is a huge difference between a player at 22 that leads the AHL in scoring versus someone aged 26 and above who leads the league.

I think Pirri has proven his worth and definitely deserves a shot in the top 6 to prove it; putting him between two players like Sharp and Hossa will also mask his defensive shortcomings and allow him to grow in that area as well.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:02 PM
  #39
here come the
Registered User
 
here come the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
That's because most of them are career AHL players who where 25-28 when they did it.

Last year Cory Conacher was 2nd in points and he is proving to be a good player.

Pirri is a talented young player and deserves a shot.
Conacher is ok. His production without Stamkos and St. Louis is not great and outside of Crosby those guys are about as good as gets offensively in the NHL. Chris Borque is a good example of a player who lit up the AHL and can't produce at the NHL level

here come the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:06 PM
  #40
BronYrAur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
That's because most of them are career AHL players who where 25-28 when they did it.

Last year Cory Conacher was 2nd in points and he is proving to be a good player.

Pirri is a talented young player and deserves a shot.
Exactly. ****, if AHL scoring meant nothing, how the hell would we evaluate players?? Just call up guys randomly and hope they can play at NHL?

The whole idea that Pirri/Morin are being blocked or are rotting in the AHL is utterly ridiculous. These two guys just turned 22 and have lit it up in a tough league. There is nothing wrong with them getting some extra seasoning in the AHL, playing tough hockey in a playoff chase, being the offensive leaders on a team...all good things.

It just seems to me that folks have been spoiled by Toews & Kane coming into the league and lighting it up immediately, and now they expect the rest of our prospects to do the same. It's just way too much to expect and it's generally a very good thing to be able to get guys a couple of years of experience in the AHL to prepare them for the NHL.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 07:24 PM
  #41
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Not really, since it is basically what we are rolling out right now sans Bolland (unless you think Bolland truly is the difference). The strength of this team is the wingers...I would rather maintain that than keepBolland and jettison wingers off the roster.
But wingers are far easier to replace; in general, and specifically in Chicago's system. Of their top prospects, only Danault and Pirri are currently playing centre consistently. They have some guys that have played centre/do play centre, but aren't projected to be centres at the NHL level in Teravainen, McNeill, K.Hayes, J.Hayes, etc.

So, in Bolland, you hope to find a replacement in Shaw (who's more suited to wing), Kruger and Danault. Danault's the guy that likely will replace him long-term, but that's a year or two out at this point. On the wing, you hope to replace Bickell/Stalberg in Morin, J.Hayes, Smith, Beach, McNeill, Shaw (as a winger), etc.

Way more options. Nevermind the fact that Bolland's simply a better hockey player than either Stalberg or Bickell.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 08:47 PM
  #42
BBH
34|38|61|10|13
 
BBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, IL, US of A
Country: United States
Posts: 4,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Saad - Toews - Hossa/Kane
Sharp - Pirri/LeBlanc - Kane/Hossa
Morin - Bolland - Bickell
Carbomb - Kruger - Shaw

Keith - Seabrook
Leddy - Hammer
Rozsival/Brookbank/UFA - Stanton/Clendening

Crawford
Emery/UFA (Theodore-type)

BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 09:39 PM
  #43
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,992
vCash: 500
I don't see how we move Oduya, and but that's a good roster.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 11:34 AM
  #44
ChiHawk21
Registered User
 
ChiHawk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,848
vCash: 500
here is our team most likely...Just about zero moves and im finnnne with that. (PIRRI AT 2C , BOLLAND AT 3C, and KRUGER at 4C)

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Brandon Saad ($0.894m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Jeremy Morin ($0.887m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.251m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.573m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Brandon Pirri ($0.870m) / Michael Frolik ($2.333m)
Brandon Bollig ($0.575m) / Michal Handzus ($1.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Johnny Oduya ($3.383m)
Nick Leddy ($2.251m) / Michal Rozsival ($1.500m)
Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m) /
GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
Al Montoya ($1.001m)
OTHER
Buyout: Rostislav Olesz ($0.000m)
Buyout: Steve Montador ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,247,962; BONUSES: $377,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,429,538

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:34 PM
  #45
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,503
vCash: 500
just let Bickell and Stalberg walk and call up Pirri and Morin. What a great masterplan

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:34 PM
  #46
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,992
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

FORWARDS

Brandon Saad ($0.894m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Brandon Pirri ($0.870m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Bryan Bickell ($2.900m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Jeremy Morin ($0.887m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.600m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.573m)
Brandon Bollig ($0.575m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Duncan Keith ($5.538m) / Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m)
Nick Leddy ($2.500m) / Brent Seabrook ($5.800m)
Johnny Oduya ($3.383m) / Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m)
Ryan Stanton ($0.650m) /

GOALTENDERS

Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
Carter Hutton ($1.000m)

OTHER

Buyout: Steve Montador ($0.000m)
Buyout: Rostislav Olesz ($0.000m)
Trade: Michael Frolik

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000.00; CAP PAYROLL: $62,562,628.00; BONUSES: $377,500.00
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,359,872.00

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 04:09 PM
  #47
ChiHawk21
Registered User
 
ChiHawk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
just let Bickell and Stalberg walk and call up Pirri and Morin. What a great masterplan
basically the same team that has lost 6 games this year. seems like a great plan when the cap is going down and the two people you let go are UFAs

whats your bright idea

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 04:49 PM
  #48
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 111,207
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

FORWARDS

Brandon Saad ($0.894m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Patrick Sharp ($5.900m) / Brandon Pirri ($0.870m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Bryan Bickell ($2.900m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Jeremy Morin ($0.887m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Marcus Kruger ($1.600m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.573m)
Brandon Bollig ($0.575m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Duncan Keith ($5.538m) / Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m)
Nick Leddy ($2.500m) / Brent Seabrook ($5.800m)
Johnny Oduya ($3.383m) / Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m)
Ryan Stanton ($0.650m) /

GOALTENDERS

Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
Carter Hutton ($1.000m)

OTHER

Buyout: Steve Montador ($0.000m)
Buyout: Rostislav Olesz ($0.000m)
Trade: Michael Frolik

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000.00; CAP PAYROLL: $62,562,628.00; BONUSES: $377,500.00
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,359,872.00
Giving Bickell nearly 3M is a disaster longterm , Bolland is total waste of cap room and Hutton has no business in NHL

- Trade Bolland/ Keep Frolik
- Get a real backup

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:10 PM
  #49
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting
 
Kurtosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Norwood Park
Country: United States
Posts: 15,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Giving Bickell nearly 3M is a disaster longterm , Bolland is total waste of cap room and Hutton has no business in NHL

- Trade Bolland/ Keep Frolik
- Get a real backup
Frolik at 2+ mil is 10x the disaster Bickell is at 3 mil.

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 05:31 PM
  #50
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Giving Bickell nearly 3M is a disaster longterm , Bolland is total waste of cap room and Hutton has no business in NHL

- Trade Bolland/ Keep Frolik
- Get a real backup
How is it a disaster? Even if Bickell only goes on to be a 15G/20A guy, that's a very moveable contract. I'd sign him for 3 years, and that should give McNeill enough time before he's ready to take over as the 3rd line RW.

The Bolland thing is pointless. It's clear you don't remember anything from the previous 5 years.

Hutton was just there. Meant to take his name out and put UFA. A UFA back-up at 1M.

You'd rather keep Frolik, at 2.33M, to play on the 4th line, than keep Bolland at 3.37M, to centre the third line, where he's one of the best checking centres in the league? Okay.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.