HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Travis Moen.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2013, 12:30 PM
  #76
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,535
vCash: 500
Scratched tonight. It's been painful to watch him play this season.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:32 PM
  #77
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 500
It's sad cause when he's on, he's one of the actual best 4th liner in this league... If he finds back his game in the PO's he could be a huge asset.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:32 PM
  #78
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Scratched tonight. It's been painful to watch him play this season.
The timing is good, light a fire under him a week before the playoffs .

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:34 PM
  #79
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,399
vCash: 500
First productive move Therrien's done all month.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:38 PM
  #80
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
It's sad cause when he's on, he's one of the actual best 4th liner in this league... If he finds back his game in the PO's he could be a huge asset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
The timing is good, light a fire under him a week before the playoffs .
I'm not expecting anything out of him anymore. The way he played this season has been nothing less than disgusting. If it takes a game out of the lineup to get this guy going after being tied with this team for 4 years and signing a long-term contract to protect guys he spends more time with than his own family, he's got a serious problem between his ears.

Ship his ass out and get a more energetic player on the bottom-6. Get me a Carcillo, a Nystrom or a Hendricks before this travesty of a player. Might not be excellent fighters, but neither is Moen, and at least the former guys let it all on the ice.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:48 PM
  #81
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
I am hoping we won't see him again in a Habs jersey.... But it's only a dream.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:52 PM
  #82
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
I'm not expecting anything out of him anymore. The way he played this season has been nothing less than disgusting. If it takes a game out of the lineup to get this guy going after being tied with this team for 4 years and signing a long-term contract to protect guys he spends more time with than his own family, he's got a serious problem between his ears.

Ship his ass out and get a more energetic player on the bottom-6. Get me a Carcillo, a Nystrom or a Hendricks before this travesty of a player. Might not be excellent fighters, but neither is Moen, and at least the former guys let it all on the ice.

I don't either... I was a fan of Moen... Really liked his play... But this year has been horrible.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 12:58 PM
  #83
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I don't either... I was a fan of Moen... Really liked his play... But this year has been horrible.
You got to believe the team getting out on the UFA market and signing Prust didn't influence him the right way. I think he either saw it as an opportunity to take it easy since he wasn't alone to do this job anymore, OR the media are right and he's actually jealous of the positive attention Prust gets.

It's one or the other.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:09 PM
  #84
M.C.G. 31
Moderator
#4
 
M.C.G. 31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Greece
Posts: 41,676
vCash: 597
I don't give a crap about Moen. He used to be really good, now he's just going through the motions. I'm glad he got scratched, I wouldn't care if he's never playing in a Habs jersey again. His play has been disgusting this year.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:12 PM
  #85
sansabri
#blocktheboat
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saint-Hubert, QC
Country: Palestine
Posts: 10,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Scratched tonight. It's been painful to watch him play this season.
well hot-diggity. i'm breaking out some italian wine tonight.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:16 PM
  #86
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,446
vCash: 500
fans are funny...instead of getting rid of guys every time they struggle or their play isn't up to par why not try and fix the problem and get that player back at full production?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:17 PM
  #87
Charon
Registered User
 
Charon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Moen is the type of player who we desperately need, but his play isn't cutting it. Man, do we ever need grit, size and power in the lineup right now. I support this scratch.

Charon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:18 PM
  #88
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,705
vCash: 500
strange case, he is a heart and soul type player but has played with neither this season

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:26 PM
  #89
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,197
vCash: 500
I'm really hoping to see Moen play with fire in these playoffs. He has been very average this season; he hasn't hurt our team much but he hasn't helped very much either. If he plays anywhere near as well as he did last season, I'll be fine. If he doesn't, these next three years may be long.

Also, those of you suggesting we buy him out are just being silly. You'd seriously rather we bought out $1.85 million on his contract for one tough season, as opposed to $4.25 million from a player who we are OBVIOUSLY going to be using it on? Get real.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:29 PM
  #90
shamrun
Registered User
 
shamrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,367
vCash: 500
Scratched and to be replaced by armstrong.....At the beginning of this season i would of laughed at just the thought of that ever happening.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:44 PM
  #91
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,869
vCash: 500
We will really need Moen at the top of his game for the playoffs. Him and Bourque-since-injury are bigger guys in our lineup who we could really use for some physicality, but we just aren't getting anything from them right now. I don't know how a scratch even works as a wakeup call anymore, though, his play has been so painfully inadequate all year long he must be aware of it by now and have been warned often enough?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 01:58 PM
  #92
Burke the Legend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,140
vCash: 500
oh god is he really into this stupid pro poker thing? That's what Sundin started doing right when he turned into a useless meatball.

I don't think he is as bad as the mob thinks and is still an effective bottom liner, sometimes people just expect too much out of these guys, but I would expect more warrior moments from him in the playoffs.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:06 PM
  #93
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
oh god is he really into this stupid pro poker thing? That's what Sundin started doing right when he turned into a useless meatball.

I don't think he is as bad as the mob thinks and is still an effective bottom liner, sometimes people just expect too much out of these guys, but I would expect more warrior moments from him in the playoffs.
Bottom liners have to play with some energy. Moen provides none whatsoever.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:20 PM
  #94
Burke the Legend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Bottom liners have to play with some energy. Moen provides none whatsoever.
Not necessarily. Not every bottom 6 guy is supposed to run around like Dumont or Ryan White skating around full speed and hitting anything in sight.

Moen & Armstrong's job is to play smart D and check top opposition players effectively, and to try and get a cycle going deep in offensive zone.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:38 PM
  #95
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,729
vCash: 500
Armstrong job is to skate slower than a dead animal. Both suck and both are useless

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:50 PM
  #96
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Armstrong job is to skate slower than a dead animal. Both suck and both are useless
Why do you think Armstrong sucks? I'm genuinely curious. Before his injury, he was getting consistent scoring opportunities and even displayed some solid hands. He was winning board battles and killed penalties as well.

When regarding him as a fourth liner, what's not to like?

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:10 PM
  #97
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Why do you think Armstrong sucks? I'm genuinely curious. Before his injury, he was getting consistent scoring opportunities and even displayed some solid hands. He was winning board battles and killed penalties as well.

When regarding him as a fourth liner, what's not to like?
People expect 4th liners to be like Rick Tocchet.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:31 PM
  #98
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
People expect 4th liners to be like Rick Tocchet.
You're too right. Everyone sees Prust and suddenly wants all our fourth liners to be like him.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:56 PM
  #99
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
You're too right. Everyone sees Prust and suddenly wants all our fourth liners to be like him.

If Moen was playing 20% like Prust... everybody would be happy. We dont want goals from him,we don't want him to fight every games. Just throw some hits and play with intensity.



Thats all

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 04:01 PM
  #100
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
If Moen was playing 20% like Prust... everybody would be happy. We dont want goals from him,we don't want him to fight every games. Just throw some hits and play with intensity.



Thats all
Well hopefully this healthy scratch will wake him up for the playoffs, which is where we need him most and where he usually excels!

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.