Notices

Rabbitt update

Old
08-31-2006, 03:42 PM
neelynugs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Agreed. They seem like a team that will come on as the season gets older and they get more experience. Kirk -do you think some of the skilled guns will go to the ECHL to get PP time and lots of icetime in general??

Once again Versteeg seems to be the forgotten prospect... yes his numbers sucked last year. But he played for a rubbish team in the clutch and hold WHL and was 1pt away from leading the team in scoring despite playing a large chunk on D. Put him as a forward on a decent team in the QMJHL last year and I bet he would have had 100pts.
what's good for versteeg is that he'll be able to fly under the radar with all the talent that'll be in providence. then again, ice time will be harder to come by, as you suggest. i'd imagine there'll HAVE to be guys moving to the E, just going off of sheer numbers alone. a guy like hedman - is he better suited to the E than owen sound (if he signs)?

i do think versteeg will benefit from this though - he'll have skilled players to get him the puck, and he seems to amp it up when playing with better guys (he was great in training camp last year). could be a real sleeper for the p-bruins.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 09:11 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post

i do think versteeg will benefit from this though - he'll have skilled players to get him the puck, and he seems to amp it up when playing with better guys (he was great in training camp last year). could be a real sleeper for the p-bruins.
Versteeg plays best when he's not the go-to guy for offense. As a complementary player, he's pretty good, though. He's not going to produce a ton of points in Providence, but he will get some memorable goals and assists because of his skill level and the fact that he'll probably be up against some of the lower line players in the AHL.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 03:48 PM
WesternEliteHockeyPr

Wacey Rabbit still hasn't signed

I heard this past Monday night that he was very close to signing a pro deal with the club. With many other of the Bruins younger prospects already signed, could this be a bad omen for Wacey right now? I know he is only 5'9 165 but the NHL is a different league now and I don't think he needs a 5th year in Junior. Hell he even played a game when he was not even 14 yrs old with the Blades because of his late bday which is OCT meaning he is still 19 yrs old but in his 20 yr old season and final season of Junior eligibility. What do you Bruin's experts think is going to happen here with training camp just around the corner?

WesternEliteHockeyPr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2006, 11:41 PM
stanjon

I think Rabbit will get signed, they've put in too much effort to this point to not sign him. I also think that Chiarelli needs to set up an affiliation with an ECHL team quickly. The reluctance to sign draftees like Rabbit or Hedman, who need to be tested at a higher level, is likely due to a numbers crunch in Providence. It already seems that 90% of the Providence squad will be under 21yo, adding more will jeopardize the icetime needed for proper development for some, and jeopardize the availability of adequately developed injury call-ups for the NHL team.

stanjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Trav

I dont get it though...

Rabbit would get first line playing time here in Saskatoon where as if he went to a pro league, it'd likely be less since he'd be a rookie. Sure Rabbit doesnt have much more to prove but why waste one year outta seven before he can become a UFA when they can just leave him in junior for another year where he'll play lots. Seems kinda dumb to me.

Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
Rabbit would get first line playing time here in Saskatoon where as if he went to a pro league, it'd likely be less since he'd be a rookie. Sure Rabbit doesnt have much more to prove but why waste one year outta seven before he can become a UFA when they can just leave him in junior for another year where he'll play lots. Seems kinda dumb to me.
At this point in his career I think he is anxious for a bigger sea so to speak.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2006, 03:31 PM
WesternEliteHockeyPr

Still Not Signed

I think he will go unsigned and return to Saskatoon for his 20 yr old season. Good news for the Blades. Normally it wouldn't have taken 8 days to sign him after it was quoted as being imminant. WOOHOO!!!

Old
09-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHL Follower View Post
I think he will go unsigned and return to Saskatoon for his 20 yr old season. Good news for the Blades. Normally it wouldn't have taken 8 days to sign him after it was quoted as being imminant. WOOHOO!!!

Don't hold your breath.

Old
09-05-2006, 04:04 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Don't hold your breath.

Old
09-05-2006, 05:53 PM
WesternEliteHockeyPr

Rabbit

I think the Bruins will deem him to small to play pro this season. Rabbit could do quite well racking it up one more season in the WHL. He never really has proven to be an elite player in the league and this could be the season.

Old
09-05-2006, 10:32 PM
WesternEliteHockeyPr

Rabbits pts in Junior this year

How many points will Wacey get with the Saskatoon Blades in the WHL this year? 80 seems about right hey?

Old
09-05-2006, 11:14 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
How many points will Wacey get with the Saskatoon Blades in the WHL this year? 80 seems about right hey?
if nothing else, you certainly are entertaining

Old
09-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Dr Hook

Send a message via MSN to Dr Hook
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjon View Post
I think Rabbit will get signed, they've put in too much effort to this point to not sign him. I also think that Chiarelli needs to set up an affiliation with an ECHL team quickly. The reluctance to sign draftees like Rabbit or Hedman, who need to be tested at a higher level, is likely due to a numbers crunch in Providence. It already seems that 90% of the Providence squad will be under 21yo, adding more will jeopardize the icetime needed for proper development for some, and jeopardize the availability of adequately developed injury call-ups for the NHL team.
I'd like to see this as well; or even a Central League team, though the E might be better geographically. It would give the Bruins a chance to see some of their late rounders or more marginal prospects playing at a pro level, and would also be a nice option for some of their younger euro prospects who need a season to adjust to the North American game.

Dr Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 11:00 AM
WesternEliteHockeyPr

Wascally Wabbit not signing

Looks like the talks hit a snag as it has been 11 days since news broke that he was close to signing with Boston's org. I guess they will not sign him, otherwise it would've been done by now. Wacey should have a nice year in the whl this season and could be in the TOp 10 in scoring.

Old
09-08-2006, 11:07 AM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Looks like the talks hit a snag as it has been 11 days since news broke that he was close to signing with Boston's org. I guess they will not sign him, otherwise it would've been done by now. Wacey should have a nice year in the whl this season and could be in the TOp 10 in scoring.
Or the Bruins could simply be waiting to make the announcement. The B's have a habit of delaying announcements of signings at various times. This could well be one of them.

HockeyGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
You're going to be disappointed. No Dub for Wacey this season.

Old
09-09-2006, 12:04 AM
saskbruin44*
Stanley Cup Champs

Send a message via ICQ to saskbruin44*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
You're going to be disappointed. No Dub for Wacey this season.
glad to hear he will be playing in the "pub" - providence!!
it will be interesting how his game develops in the ahl this upcoming season.

thanks for the top 35 prospects read kirk.
j.sigalet looks very intreging....being out west i can't see most of these guys.
thats why i'm excited about kalus and rabbit
in my humble opinion, kalus will crack the b's this season

saskbruin44* is offline   Reply With Quote