HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you prefer to play in Round 1

View Poll Results: Who would you prefer to play in Round 1 of the Playoffs?
Washington 3 1.75%
Toronto 69 40.35%
New York Islanders 39 22.81%
Ottawa 44 25.73%
Winnipeg 12 7.02%
New York Rangers 4 2.34%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2013, 01:21 PM
  #26
bp13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 13,447
vCash: 500
I think the Rangers beat us.

At this point any of these teams could beat the Bruins, but I think the Rangers would. If I had my choice I'd almost take any of them except NY.

bp13 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 01:23 PM
  #27
Danton Heineken
Hot Carl Willis
 
Danton Heineken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fall River
Country: United States
Posts: 18,456
vCash: 500
I don't think it matters.

If the Bruins are playing uninspired, any of those teams could beat them. If the Bruins are playing inspired, they could beat all of them.

Danton Heineken is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 01:36 PM
  #28
PlayMakers
Moderator
 
PlayMakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellesley, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,320
vCash: 500
Isles.

That said, I'm reminded of how we all wanted the B's to face Carolina in Rd2 in 2009 leaving Washington for Pittsburgh. Be careful what you wish for...

__________________
PlayMakers is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 03:12 PM
  #29
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
I think the Rangers beat us.

At this point any of these teams could beat the Bruins, but I think the Rangers would. If I had my choice I'd almost take any of them except NY.
Yeah we don't match up well with the Rangers and the games are usually pretty boring.

Neely2005 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 03:15 PM
  #30
Seguin Genesis
Registered User
 
Seguin Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
If I had my druthers I'd prefer to play the Leafs, but I would rather the Bruins just win the division and lock up home ice for round 2. Ideally we win the NE, get the Isles in round one, and Toronto knocks off Montreal allowing us to play them in the second round (if one of Washington/Pittsburgh loses).

Seguin Genesis is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 03:21 PM
  #31
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out
 
Bruins Stooge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hartford County CT
Country: United States
Posts: 4,658
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Bill Ladd;64514319]Isles.

That said, I'm reminded of how we all wanted the B's to face Carolina in Rd2 in 2009 leaving Washington for Pittsburgh. Be careful what you wish for...[/QUOTE]

Yup one of my points before, not the intention of the OP though, but I'm of the same opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Yeah we don't match up well with the Rangers and the games are usually pretty boring.
Ya the Rangers do scare me. Thats a 7 game series IMO.

Bruins Stooge is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 03:31 PM
  #32
bigbadbruins7
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Ottawa

bigbadbruins7 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 03:36 PM
  #33
missingchicklet
Registered User
 
missingchicklet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15,754
vCash: 500
I don't care who we play. Honestly, if we aren't playing well enough to beat any of those teams in the first round then we aren't going to win a Cup anyway. The team needs to catch fire pretty quick if it wants to make a deep run.

missingchicklet is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 03:37 PM
  #34
BruinsFan64
Registered User
 
BruinsFan64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Florida!

BruinsFan64 is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 03:51 PM
  #35
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,233
vCash: 583
Rangers would be boring. I'd vote for the Islanders so long as Thomas doesn't end his hiatus for the playoffs.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline  
Old
04-23-2013, 04:11 PM
  #36
pgm16
Registered User
 
pgm16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: St. John's NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,224
vCash: 500
I chose Ottawa, but I think the Leafs will piss them off & it will spark some nastiness...

pgm16 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 06:04 AM
  #37
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,346
vCash: 500
0 votes for the Rangers. So anyone want to bet that we get the Rangers in Round 1?

Neely2005 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 06:39 AM
  #38
Psalms
Registered User
 
Psalms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
If I had to choose, it wouldnt be by how likely we are to beat the other team, but by entertainment value. As has been said, anyone can beat the B's, or the B's can beat anyone. It depends on if they play with any heart/soul.

If I had to choose, I would prefer they play Toronto, Ottawa or the Isles. The Rangers are the most boring team to watch in hockey, imo.

Psalms is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 06:49 AM
  #39
Dom - OHL
ohlwriters.me
 
Dom - OHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,050
vCash: 500
Don't really care as long as the Bruins can sweep and get some rest.

By the time game 4 rolls around it'll be 10 games in 16 - 18 nights (depending on opponent and arena availability)

Dom - OHL is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 06:54 AM
  #40
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
I think the Rangers beat us.

At this point any of these teams could beat the Bruins, but I think the Rangers would. If I had my choice I'd almost take any of them except NY.
The team from NY I would have more concern about is the Islanders, IMO, a deeper offensive team than the Rags and fast, something the B`s exceptionally slow D has always had trouble containing

ODAAT is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 06:56 AM
  #41
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Don't really care as long as the Bruins can sweep and get some rest.

By the time game 4 rolls around it'll be 10 games in 16 - 18 nights (depending on opponent and arena availability)
No excuse Dom , these guys are robots, they get paid big dollars to not entertain us and with those big dollars, it means they don`t get tired, they don`t experience fatigue

ODAAT is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 07:25 AM
  #42
bostonphoenix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
I would prefer to play the leafs or the senators. At this point I would give the next team on my list a 60/70% chance to beat us.

Momentum is such a fickle thing. At the moment watching them play and lose to bad teams, especially last week when there will never be a bigger home game (I somewhat feel they should apologize) they obviously have 0 momentum.

Maybe they spitter the rest of the way this regular season and then turn it on, maybe. I just don't feel incredibly secure about them.

If they play the Senators/Leafs I feel the most comfortable about their chances.

bostonphoenix is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 07:30 AM
  #43
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonphoenix View Post
I would prefer to play the leafs or the senators. At this point I would give the next team on my list a 60/70% chance to beat us.

Momentum is such a fickle thing. At the moment watching them play and lose to bad teams, especially last week when there will never be a bigger home game (I somewhat feel they should apologize) they obviously have 0 momentum.

Maybe they spitter the rest of the way this regular season and then turn it on, maybe. I just don't feel incredibly secure about them.

If they play the Senators/Leafs I feel the most comfortable about their chances.
Love to play the Leafs, a team who likes the physical game but the problem for the Leafs is this, how much TOI would Carlyle give guys like Orr/Maclaren, even Fraser on the back end?? It`s a double edged sword, yes they are guys who are more than receptive to physical play, their issue is they can`t "play" the game and come playoff time, as we have all seen in the past, lines that can`t actually play the game and have an impact outside of just a pure physical nature, don`t play.

Then what??? Suddenly the Leafs have 2 forward lines in which the B`s could wear down physically and Carlyle`s hands are tied, give his pilons ice time to keep the opponents honest?? Don`t think so. Love for this team to play the Leafs, not so much the Sens as I think they just won`t play as engaged, they`ll try and lull ya to sleep

Kadri had a nice season, he ain`t seen nuthin like NHL playoff hockey, the kid is going to get hammered out there IMO

ODAAT is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 07:33 AM
  #44
hemispheres
Registered User
 
hemispheres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boston,ma.
Country: United States
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
Doesn't matter, this team is toast.

Although I will always hope and root for them, I certainly do not have much confidence in them.

hemispheres is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 07:39 AM
  #45
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemispheres View Post
Doesn't matter, this team is toast.

Although I will always hope and root for them, I certainly do not have much confidence in them.
Toast??? Ever watched playoff hockey??? I`ve seen teams limp to the playoffs who go onto great things, I`ve watched teams play super hockey heading in, only to be golfing within 2 weeks.....toast??? I`m not ready to concede a thing yet

Other than Pens fans, maybe some Cap fans, ya think any fan base is oozing confidence in their roster`s chances right now??

Do yourself a favor, have a peek at the Habs board, DON`T post a thing, just have a look, it`s an absolute mess right now over there, and as uninspired as I am with this team, they have small issues in comparison to our favorite team to hate

ODAAT is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 07:49 AM
  #46
bostonphoenix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Love to play the Leafs, a team who likes the physical game but the problem for the Leafs is this, how much TOI would Carlyle give guys like Orr/Maclaren, even Fraser on the back end?? It`s a double edged sword, yes they are guys who are more than receptive to physical play, their issue is they can`t "play" the game and come playoff time, as we have all seen in the past, lines that can`t actually play the game and have an impact outside of just a pure physical nature, don`t play.

Then what??? Suddenly the Leafs have 2 forward lines in which the B`s could wear down physically and Carlyle`s hands are tied, give his pilons ice time to keep the opponents honest?? Don`t think so. Love for this team to play the Leafs, not so much the Sens as I think they just won`t play as engaged, they`ll try and lull ya to sleep

Kadri had a nice season, he ain`t seen nuthin like NHL playoff hockey, the kid is going to get hammered out there IMO
I think te leafs are an optimal outcome. But you have to at least think about the next team you would want to play. What is your list?

I am scared that no matter who we play we will be unable to get past. They will be Washington from last year.

The most frustrating thing about them is that if they played the game they are capable of I take them to win the whole damn thing. At this point saying the game they are capable of feels like cheating, maybe they are simply not the good.

But man. If this team can play like I think it can.

bostonphoenix is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 07:50 AM
  #47
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonphoenix View Post
I think te leafs are an optimal outcome. But you have to at least think about the next team you would want to play. What is your list?

I am scared that no matter who we play we will be unable to get past. They will be Washington from last year.

The most frustrating thing about them is that if they played the game they are capable of I take them to win the whole damn thing. At this point saying the game they are capable of feels like cheating, maybe they are simply not the good.

But man. If this team can play like I think it can.
Sens

ODAAT is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 08:17 AM
  #48
bostonphoenix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Sens
Yeah.

No one feels "good". But I feel like they should make round 2 playing Toronto Ottawa.

I hope we get one of the two. Play a 6 game series and get some momentum.

Round 2. I think the most realistic matchup is the caps. I don't see us losing back to back years.

At that point you get the pens and maybe magic will happen.

Feels like a cop out writing this.

bostonphoenix is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 08:18 AM
  #49
hoss75
Registered User
 
hoss75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,074
vCash: 500
One of those teams from 'Three Minutes of Fame'.

hoss75 is offline  
Old
04-24-2013, 08:24 AM
  #50
hemispheres
Registered User
 
hemispheres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: boston,ma.
Country: United States
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Toast??? Ever watched playoff hockey??? I`ve seen teams limp to the playoffs who go onto great things, I`ve watched teams play super hockey heading in, only to be golfing within 2 weeks.....toast??? I`m not ready to concede a thing yet

Other than Pens fans, maybe some Cap fans, ya think any fan base is oozing confidence in their roster`s chances right now??

Do yourself a favor, have a peek at the Habs board, DON`T post a thing, just have a look, it`s an absolute mess right now over there, and as uninspired as I am with this team, they have small issues in comparison to our favorite team to hate
Bad teams that play good in the playoffs are usualy trending up an d not down.

Too answer the question, it would have to be the depleted Sens in order for the Bruins to have a chance. I thought I heard Karlson might be back for playoffs last night?

hemispheres is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.