HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you prefer to play in Round 1

View Poll Results: Who would you prefer to play in Round 1 of the Playoffs?
Washington 3 1.75%
Toronto 69 40.35%
New York Islanders 39 22.81%
Ottawa 44 25.73%
Winnipeg 12 7.02%
New York Rangers 4 2.34%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2013, 01:21 PM
bp13

vCash: 500
I think the Rangers beat us.

At this point any of these teams could beat the Bruins, but I think the Rangers would. If I had my choice I'd almost take any of them except NY.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Danton Heineken
Hot Carl Willis

I don't think it matters.

If the Bruins are playing uninspired, any of those teams could beat them. If the Bruins are playing inspired, they could beat all of them.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:36 PM
PlayMakers

Isles.

That said, I'm reminded of how we all wanted the B's to face Carolina in Rd2 in 2009 leaving Washington for Pittsburgh. Be careful what you wish for...

04-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post

At this point any of these teams could beat the Bruins, but I think the Rangers would. If I had my choice I'd almost take any of them except NY.
Yeah we don't match up well with the Rangers and the games are usually pretty boring.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Seguin Genesis

If I had my druthers I'd prefer to play the Leafs, but I would rather the Bruins just win the division and lock up home ice for round 2. Ideally we win the NE, get the Isles in round one, and Toronto knocks off Montreal allowing us to play them in the second round (if one of Washington/Pittsburgh loses).

Old
04-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

[QUOTE=Bill Ladd;64514319]Isles.

That said, I'm reminded of how we all wanted the B's to face Carolina in Rd2 in 2009 leaving Washington for Pittsburgh. Be careful what you wish for...[/QUOTE]

Yup one of my points before, not the intention of the OP though, but I'm of the same opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Yeah we don't match up well with the Rangers and the games are usually pretty boring.
Ya the Rangers do scare me. Thats a 7 game series IMO.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:31 PM
bigbadbruins7

Ottawa

Old
04-23-2013, 03:36 PM
missingchicklet

I don't care who we play. Honestly, if we aren't playing well enough to beat any of those teams in the first round then we aren't going to win a Cup anyway. The team needs to catch fire pretty quick if it wants to make a deep run.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:37 PM
BruinsFan64

Florida!

Old
04-23-2013, 03:51 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
Dismayed B's Fan

vCash: 583
Rangers would be boring. I'd vote for the Islanders so long as Thomas doesn't end his hiatus for the playoffs.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:11 PM
pgm16

I chose Ottawa, but I think the Leafs will piss them off & it will spark some nastiness...

Old
04-24-2013, 06:04 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

0 votes for the Rangers. So anyone want to bet that we get the Rangers in Round 1?

Old
04-24-2013, 06:39 AM
Psalms

If I had to choose, it wouldnt be by how likely we are to beat the other team, but by entertainment value. As has been said, anyone can beat the B's, or the B's can beat anyone. It depends on if they play with any heart/soul.

If I had to choose, I would prefer they play Toronto, Ottawa or the Isles. The Rangers are the most boring team to watch in hockey, imo.

Old
04-24-2013, 06:49 AM
Dom - OHL
ohlwriters.me

Don't really care as long as the Bruins can sweep and get some rest.

By the time game 4 rolls around it'll be 10 games in 16 - 18 nights (depending on opponent and arena availability)

Old
04-24-2013, 06:54 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post

The team from NY I would have more concern about is the Islanders, IMO, a deeper offensive team than the Rags and fast, something the B`s exceptionally slow D has always had trouble containing

Old
04-24-2013, 06:56 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Don't really care as long as the Bruins can sweep and get some rest.

By the time game 4 rolls around it'll be 10 games in 16 - 18 nights (depending on opponent and arena availability)
No excuse Dom , these guys are robots, they get paid big dollars to not entertain us and with those big dollars, it means they don`t get tired, they don`t experience fatigue

Old
04-24-2013, 07:25 AM
bostonphoenix

I would prefer to play the leafs or the senators. At this point I would give the next team on my list a 60/70% chance to beat us.

Momentum is such a fickle thing. At the moment watching them play and lose to bad teams, especially last week when there will never be a bigger home game (I somewhat feel they should apologize) they obviously have 0 momentum.

Maybe they spitter the rest of the way this regular season and then turn it on, maybe. I just don't feel incredibly secure about them.

If they play the Senators/Leafs I feel the most comfortable about their chances.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:30 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonphoenix View Post
I would prefer to play the leafs or the senators. At this point I would give the next team on my list a 60/70% chance to beat us.

Momentum is such a fickle thing. At the moment watching them play and lose to bad teams, especially last week when there will never be a bigger home game (I somewhat feel they should apologize) they obviously have 0 momentum.

Maybe they spitter the rest of the way this regular season and then turn it on, maybe. I just don't feel incredibly secure about them.

If they play the Senators/Leafs I feel the most comfortable about their chances.
Love to play the Leafs, a team who likes the physical game but the problem for the Leafs is this, how much TOI would Carlyle give guys like Orr/Maclaren, even Fraser on the back end?? It`s a double edged sword, yes they are guys who are more than receptive to physical play, their issue is they can`t "play" the game and come playoff time, as we have all seen in the past, lines that can`t actually play the game and have an impact outside of just a pure physical nature, don`t play.

Then what??? Suddenly the Leafs have 2 forward lines in which the B`s could wear down physically and Carlyle`s hands are tied, give his pilons ice time to keep the opponents honest?? Don`t think so. Love for this team to play the Leafs, not so much the Sens as I think they just won`t play as engaged, they`ll try and lull ya to sleep

Kadri had a nice season, he ain`t seen nuthin like NHL playoff hockey, the kid is going to get hammered out there IMO

Old
04-24-2013, 07:33 AM
hemispheres

Doesn't matter, this team is toast.

Although I will always hope and root for them, I certainly do not have much confidence in them.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:39 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemispheres View Post
Doesn't matter, this team is toast.

Although I will always hope and root for them, I certainly do not have much confidence in them.
Toast??? Ever watched playoff hockey??? I`ve seen teams limp to the playoffs who go onto great things, I`ve watched teams play super hockey heading in, only to be golfing within 2 weeks.....toast??? I`m not ready to concede a thing yet

Other than Pens fans, maybe some Cap fans, ya think any fan base is oozing confidence in their roster`s chances right now??

Do yourself a favor, have a peek at the Habs board, DON`T post a thing, just have a look, it`s an absolute mess right now over there, and as uninspired as I am with this team, they have small issues in comparison to our favorite team to hate

Old
04-24-2013, 07:49 AM
bostonphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Love to play the Leafs, a team who likes the physical game but the problem for the Leafs is this, how much TOI would Carlyle give guys like Orr/Maclaren, even Fraser on the back end?? It`s a double edged sword, yes they are guys who are more than receptive to physical play, their issue is they can`t "play" the game and come playoff time, as we have all seen in the past, lines that can`t actually play the game and have an impact outside of just a pure physical nature, don`t play.

Then what??? Suddenly the Leafs have 2 forward lines in which the B`s could wear down physically and Carlyle`s hands are tied, give his pilons ice time to keep the opponents honest?? Don`t think so. Love for this team to play the Leafs, not so much the Sens as I think they just won`t play as engaged, they`ll try and lull ya to sleep

Kadri had a nice season, he ain`t seen nuthin like NHL playoff hockey, the kid is going to get hammered out there IMO
I think te leafs are an optimal outcome. But you have to at least think about the next team you would want to play. What is your list?

I am scared that no matter who we play we will be unable to get past. They will be Washington from last year.

The most frustrating thing about them is that if they played the game they are capable of I take them to win the whole damn thing. At this point saying the game they are capable of feels like cheating, maybe they are simply not the good.

But man. If this team can play like I think it can.

Old
04-24-2013, 07:50 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonphoenix View Post
I think te leafs are an optimal outcome. But you have to at least think about the next team you would want to play. What is your list?

I am scared that no matter who we play we will be unable to get past. They will be Washington from last year.

The most frustrating thing about them is that if they played the game they are capable of I take them to win the whole damn thing. At this point saying the game they are capable of feels like cheating, maybe they are simply not the good.

But man. If this team can play like I think it can.
Sens

Old
04-24-2013, 08:17 AM
bostonphoenix

Quote:
Sens
Yeah.

No one feels "good". But I feel like they should make round 2 playing Toronto Ottawa.

I hope we get one of the two. Play a 6 game series and get some momentum.

Round 2. I think the most realistic matchup is the caps. I don't see us losing back to back years.

At that point you get the pens and maybe magic will happen.

Feels like a cop out writing this.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:18 AM
hoss75

One of those teams from 'Three Minutes of Fame'.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:24 AM
hemispheres

Quote:
Toast??? Ever watched playoff hockey??? I`ve seen teams limp to the playoffs who go onto great things, I`ve watched teams play super hockey heading in, only to be golfing within 2 weeks.....toast??? I`m not ready to concede a thing yet

Other than Pens fans, maybe some Cap fans, ya think any fan base is oozing confidence in their roster`s chances right now??

Do yourself a favor, have a peek at the Habs board, DON`T post a thing, just have a look, it`s an absolute mess right now over there, and as uninspired as I am with this team, they have small issues in comparison to our favorite team to hate
Bad teams that play good in the playoffs are usualy trending up an d not down.

Too answer the question, it would have to be the depleted Sens in order for the Bruins to have a chance. I thought I heard Karlson might be back for playoffs last night?

Closed Thread