HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Game 46: Preds vs Flames 7:00 PM CST "Salute the 7th Man Edition"

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
That lineup has me disgusted to be a Flames fan. They should be issuing an apology to the fan base for not even trying to ice an NHL team.
I wouldn't ... at least your management is finally doing the reasonable thing & trying to get some actual YOUNG talent for once.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrickhayOrnqvistpay View Post
And I think it's funny some guys are trying to make it back for the finale on Saturday. Guys, take the rest of the year off, heal up your injuries and be ready to go for training camp. No reason for guys like Fisher, Hornqvist or anyone else who is banged up to play any more this season. I love the fact that they want back in but what's the point really? The only thing that can happen is bad.
They're #Lumbus ... They really want Detroit to miss the playoffs

Old
04-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Abbotsford Heat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I wouldn't ... at least your management is finally doing the reasonable thing & trying to get some actual YOUNG talent for once.
Quitting is never the answer. they were already a bad team and already going to get a good pick. I understood trading Iginla, I even understood trading Bouwmeester. I understood playing the kids alot as Tanguya, Glencross, Wideman... etc went down with injuries. But I do not understand how a team can have 4 of their 5 top healthy point getters as healthy scratches. It's a disgrace that the Flames are doing this and sends a message to everyone that they have no pride.

A tean shouldn't even be allowed to dress a lineup like that without injuries being the cause IMO.

Old
04-23-2013, 01:59 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Quitting is never the answer. they were already a bad team and already going to get a good pick. I understood trading Iginla, I even understood trading Bouwmeester. I understood playing the kids alot as Tanguya, Glencross, Wideman... etc went down with injuries. But I do not understand how a team can have 4 of their 5 top healthy point getters as healthy scratches. It's a disgrace that the Flames are doing this and sends a message to everyone that they have no pride.

A tean shouldn't even be allowed to dress a lineup like that without injuries being the cause IMO.
Totally agree with you.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Persona5

vCash: 700
Quote:

True. At least our AHL line-up is due to injuries.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:10 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I was going to say, our line-up is horrible because we have 8 forwards injured, can we borrow a few of your scratches tonight?

Old
04-23-2013, 03:04 PM
analogkid
Thread Killer

Getting ready to load up and head out...Let's Go Preds!

Old
04-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:

I feel for BOTH of our fanbases tonight. Well AHL hockey is better than no hockey. Probably. Lets go Preds!

Old
04-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Going to the Nats game tonight; please lose.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Going to the Nats game tonight; please lose.
I like the way you think sir ... pooin for Drouin ... Not winning for Mackinnon

Old
04-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Anglesmith
Fancyman of Cornwood

Quote:

Do we have direct confirmation that it's not due to a horrific outbreak of flu or something?

No, I don't see where you're coming from. If the organization feels that it's best served playing rookies, then they are perfectly right to do so. The league has set up a situation where winning is irrelevant once you're eliminated, so they don't have any incentive to worry about how the team will perform. They aren't intentionally losing, they're just pursuing a priority other than winning. If they win the game, it won't be deemed a failure.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Can we just combine the two teams to make one full roster?

Old
04-23-2013, 04:26 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

OK ... I'm confused. If it is o.k. for the Preds to tank according to some, how is it then wrong for the Flames to scratch whomever they want in their effort to do the same thing? It seems Calgary is willing to go to an even more abhorrent length than many here have advocated our team should.

I want our boys to bust their butts and pull out a win tonight then let the draft shake out however it may. This is the finale this season ... home game 24 rather than 41 in the regular season .... 4 pre-season home games missed ... no playoff games ... the last chance for this edition of the Nashville Predators to win in front of people who theoretically support them. Those players will probably skate to the center of the ice and salute the "fans" following this game no matter how it turns out. If you're cheering for them to lose tonight, do the honorable thing and leave or change the channel before the sign of respect from the players.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Anglesmith
Fancyman of Cornwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
OK ... I'm confused. If it is o.k. for the Preds to tank according to some, how is it then wrong for the Flames to scratch whomever they want in their effort to do the same thing?
But that's not our aim. We have a legitimate reason for putting these rookies in the line-up. I would agree that it was abhorrant if we were putting players in the lineup who have no part in our future.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Hoping we play our hardest but lose =/= being ok with a team scratching their best players.

But Calgary has won more in their last 3 than we have in our last 10 or 15, so I digress.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Nashville Transplant

Would be pretty funny if, as the players gave away their Preds jerseys, they had Admirals jerseys on underneath.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:36 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wflames View Post
But that's not our aim. We have a legitimate reason for putting these rookies in the line-up. I would agree that it was abhorrant if we were putting players in the lineup who have no part in our future.
Scratching so many of your healthy scorers to put a guy like Aliu (a mediocre scorer at the AHL level) on the second line looks like tanking.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Anglesmith
Fancyman of Cornwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Scratching so many of your healthy scorers to put a guy like Aliu (a mediocre scorer at the AHL level) on the second line looks like tanking.
I agree, but not when the team has played better with our young AHLers in the line-up.

The bottom line is if we were trying to tank, we wouldn't need to make obvious line-up changes to do it. Our veterans have shown themselves more than capable of losing. Putting the rookies in, win or lose, has merits of its own.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Can we just combine the two teams to make one full roster?
Even then it would still be mediocre.

GO preds. Will have the split-screen goin tonight with the jays game on tv and the preds on my laptop. First real look at Forsberg for me. Pumped. Just play well enough to lose 3-2 in the final minute. Tankity-tank-tank.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:01 PM
KevFist
is best pony

How in the bloody hell did Akim Ailu manage to find his way onto an NHL roster? Did he win some sort of charity auction???

Old
04-23-2013, 05:16 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFist View Post
How in the bloody hell did Akim Ailu manage to find his way onto an NHL roster? Did he win some sort of charity auction???
I'm pretty sure, based on the lineup, that the Flames season ticket renewal offer included a voucher for either a free beer or a chance to skate against the Preds tonight. Maybe Ailu signed up for next year?

Old
04-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Hockeygirl95*

Quote:
Because he deserved it?

Old
04-23-2013, 06:21 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
He realized he could get off the hook for a lot of crap if he became an NHL player and started applying himself.

Old
04-23-2013, 06:23 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

So....Win loss? We can honestly say this is the first chance in a long time for a win.

Old
04-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl95 View Post
Because he deserved it?
Yep he sure does: 11 pts, a -7 in 42 games. He does have over a hundred penalty mins, so there's that.

Closed Thread