HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Steve Doan
Re-sign Elliott

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
One Monday night, I was five and my parents were doing something with the hardwood floors so I was placed out of the way in their bedroom. The black and white TV was on, and I looked up and saw these amazing helmets with stars on them. I immediately loved the symbol and decided that was my team. Completely too young to understand the Cowboys were losing to the St. Louis Cardinals that night 38-0. The Cowboys won the Super Bowl that year but it didn't really register; I had no sense of awareness about it. When I was 6 the next season I understood what I was rooting for and that was the year Jackie Smith dropped the TD against the Steelers. Then they got upset by the Rams the next year followed by three consecutive crushing losses in NFC championship games culminating in The Catch. Loved Randy White, Tony Dorsett, Too Tall Jones, Staubach, Danny White the punter/QB, Drew Pearson. Loved Tom Landry. Then they declined in the mid-80s before Jerry Jones disgracefully shoved Landry aside. That began the Arrogant Cowboy era but it was too late to change teams. You can't change teams, it's against the rules. Doesn't really matter, they've been a joke since 96, finding new ways to shoot themselves in the feet and underachieve. Did you see what they just gave Romo?!?!? Holy **** that is some incompetence right there.
Yea, I was wondering what cowboys fans thought about that. My first thought was "good god, jerry jones might be the dumbest, most egotistical GM in the NFL" And I agree, its against the rules to change teams, that's why I will always be a rams fan.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:18 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Jesus Mitchell Boggs has completely lost it. Absolutely brutal this season.

Old
04-21-2013, 10:22 PM
GrandPapillon

vCash: 500
Wow, Mike Matheny is better at handling hunting knives than he is a big league club

Old
04-21-2013, 11:50 PM
Bruv
Loveless

Rosie for closer

Old
04-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Argued with a friend today about Eddie Lacy and I'm curious because I know the last time I looked in here there were Lacy fans so here's my questions.

1. Do you really think Lacy is that much better than the other backs that we need to spend a 1st on him?

2. Do you think Lacy is a better player than other guys who will probably be available around 22? (Fluker, Elam, Cyprien, Cooper, etc)

3. Do you think RB is a bigger need than S, OLB, WR, or OG?

If you can answer yes to any of those questions, then hey I respect your opinion and just agree to disagree.

If the answer is no, then it makes no sense to draft Lacy, especially at 22 and personally I can't understand how the answer can't be no.

Old
04-22-2013, 03:19 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
Rosie for closer
He hasn't been great at getting holds. I like Mujica

Old
04-22-2013, 03:42 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

There is a strong possibility that we could get Lacy in the 2nd round. The 1sts should be used on either a safety, linebacker, receiver, or o-line.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Blues0307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
Argued with a friend today about Eddie Lacy and I'm curious because I know the last time I looked in here there were Lacy fans so here's my questions.

1. Do you really think Lacy is that much better than the other backs that we need to spend a 1st on him?

2. Do you think Lacy is a better player than other guys who will probably be available around 22? (Fluker, Elam, Cyprien, Cooper, etc)

3. Do you think RB is a bigger need than S, OLB, WR, or OG?

If you can answer yes to any of those questions, then hey I respect your opinion and just agree to disagree.

If the answer is no, then it makes no sense to draft Lacy, especially at 22 and personally I can't understand how the answer can't be no.
I think Lacy's a good player, but I don't want the Rams to draft him. The guy is a muscle-bound freak and guys like that are injury-prone. He has dealt with one lingering issue after another and I feel that's only gonna get worse over time.

Old
04-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Steve Doan
Re-sign Elliott

You could add a lot more to you offense by drafting Austin than you would Lacy. The guy returns kicks, can play RB, and is the fastest player coming into the NFL since Chris Johnson. I really hope hes there at 16.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:46 PM
HockeyGuy73

Is this board more dead than the asylum, or does it just seem that way because everything gets lumped into a handful of threads over here? I'm actually starting to miss that place.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy73 View Post
Is this board more dead than the asylum, or does it just seem that way because everything gets lumped into a handful of threads over here? I'm actually starting to miss that place.
No, we just have more intelligent posters than random casual fans that like to blow up after one game claiming one player sucks forever because we lost a game. This forum is moderated much better than that forum where there is a new thread every hour even though there is a thread on the subject already up.

Old
04-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
I'm one of the lone people NOT on the Tavon Austin bandwagon. The guys is only 5'8, he has short arms and the lowest vertical among any WR's in the draft. He's at best a one down type of player with special teams help. And he has never had as much RB experience as people say he has.

DeAndre Hopkins is my guy. Decent size, very consistent, and had good competition. Also, did anyone see his sport science thing on ESPN?? HIS HANDS!!!! AMAZING!!!

Old
04-23-2013, 04:02 PM
GrandPapillon

My dream Rams draft for the first 4 rounds

Trade: 16 for Atlanta's 30, 60, and a pick in 2014

22: DeAndre Hopkins WR (Ready to step in and contribute. Good upside and fairly safe)

30: Jonathan Cyprien S (Rams are very thin at safety to the point of non-existence. Great value meets need pick. Seems like a heavy hitting nasty player that our coaches would love)

46: Kyle Long OG (Rams reward Chris Long for restructuring his contract by bringing on his little brother. A little raw, but he has a lot of ability)

60: Stedman Bailey WR (By my count, the Rams lost 3 receivers from last season with Amendola, Gibson, and Smith not being back. Excellent route runner who knows how to find the endzone.)

78: Shamarko Thomas S (Remember what I said about the safety situation. Rams could use 2 goods ones. With this pick, they do just that)

113: Mike Gillislee RB (Rams didn't draft Pead in the 2nd round to give up on him already, but could use a back that complements him. Enter Gillislee who has relatively fresh legs and runs with power)

Old
04-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Quote:
There is always the option to start posting on the main NHL boards or in the Lounge. Sometimes people just want to post because they're bored, I might start posting more in other areas myself. I love hockey and the Blues but cannot say I'm savvy with the business side of the game. I've learned a lot from our posters though, I appreciate the quality of our posters here.

And I really don't follow football, just hockey (and baseball loosely) for the most part, so yeah I got nothing to add for all the draft talk.

Old
04-23-2013, 04:57 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPapillon View Post
My dream Rams draft for the first 4 rounds

Trade: 16 for Atlanta's 30, 60, and a pick in 2014

22: DeAndre Hopkins WR (Ready to step in and contribute. Good upside and fairly safe)

30: Jonathan Cyprien S (Rams are very thin at safety to the point of non-existence. Great value meets need pick. Seems like a heavy hitting nasty player that our coaches would love)

46: Kyle Long OG (Rams reward Chris Long for restructuring his contract by bringing on his little brother. A little raw, but he has a lot of ability)

60: Stedman Bailey WR (By my count, the Rams lost 3 receivers from last season with Amendola, Gibson, and Smith not being back. Excellent route runner who knows how to find the endzone.)

78: Shamarko Thomas S (Remember what I said about the safety situation. Rams could use 2 goods ones. With this pick, they do just that)

113: Mike Gillislee RB (Rams didn't draft Pead in the 2nd round to give up on him already, but could use a back that complements him. Enter Gillislee who has relatively fresh legs and runs with power)
I could not agree more! Great draft!

But taking Hopkins at 16 and Cyprien at 22 will be my guess instead of trading down.

Old
04-23-2013, 07:00 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

RANDOM TV REVIEW: I finished watching the first season of Justified. It's very well done, very well cast. Olyphant basically reprises his role of Sheriff Bullock in Deadwood with competing interests and unusual alliances. Only now the Wild West is eastern Kentucky, modern day. But since Deadwood is one of the all-time greatest shows, it's a smart choice to copy structurally. Very entertaining series. The villain is not as epic as Al Swearengen, but is a solid villain/strange alliances and it's not like we'll see any competition for Swearengen any time soon in any series so that's an unfair bar to reach. Recommend.

Old
04-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Blues0307

Quote:
I agree. I don't understand why Rams and Cards talk is in the same thread as movie and tv talk. Doesn't make any sense and ruins the flow of the threads.

Old
04-23-2013, 08:35 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues0307 View Post
I agree. I don't understand why Rams and Cards talk is in the same thread as movie and tv talk. Doesn't make any sense and ruins the flow of the threads.
There is no point in having threads for every off-topic discussion.

Old
04-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues0307 View Post
This is a hockey forum. We really don't have to allow any OT threads, but we were trying to cater to our fan's interests.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Blues0307

You don't need a thread for EVERY off-topic discussion. Separate threads for topics that have similarity would be better. Grouping movies, music, entertainment, etc... in one thread and all other St. Louis sports in another would make more sense.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Bruv
Loveless

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
RANDOM TV REVIEW: I finished watching the first season of Justified. It's very well done, very well cast. Olyphant basically reprises his role of Sheriff Bullock in Deadwood with competing interests and unusual alliances. Only now the Wild West is eastern Kentucky, modern day. But since Deadwood is one of the all-time greatest shows, it's a smart choice to copy structurally. Very entertaining series. The villain is not as epic as Al Swearengen, but is a solid villain/strange alliances and it's not like we'll see any competition for Swearengen any time soon in any series so that's an unfair bar to reach. Recommend.
I've always wanted to watch Justified.. never had time though.

plan on starting Six Feet Under pretty soon

Old
04-23-2013, 11:15 PM
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
This is a hockey forum. We really don't have to allow any OT threads, but we were trying to cater to our fan's interests.
Thank you, btw. I really enjoy the OT thread.

Old
04-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Bruv
Loveless

Lounge thread is great.. its good to have a thread where we can talk about anything

Old
04-24-2013, 06:58 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

My dream draft includes getting the following:

16. Johnathan Cooper
22. TRADE with Buffalo
41. (From BUF) Keenan Allen
46. Monte Ball
71. (From BUF) Bacarri Rambo
78. Da'Rick Rogers
113. Zaviar Gooden

Knowing my luck, we will get none of them and be stuck with Lacy

Old
04-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Steve Doan
Re-sign Elliott

Is Baccari Rambo seriously projected that low? If so, that is a steal.

Closed Thread